Masks Chit Chat.

At long last the Stars are almost Right. Soon Nyarlathotep's plans will come to fruition. Then the world will be changed irrevocably -- but not quite yet. Pesky human investigators have learned much, but can they survive long enough to make sense of what they know?

Moderators: Laraqua, Raiko

Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Re: Masks Chit Chat.

Post by Raiko »

Welcome back Coffee Demon and Decrepit! :)

I'm really looking forward to getting the game going again.

I will have some stuff posted this weekend to summarise where we were up to, and I'll kick off the IC threads again as long as I know whether or not Grafster is joining in - I'm in touch with him, just waiting for a reply to my last message.

As things stand I know that I can currently keep an eye out for posts more or less around the clock, and can quickly make short posts. Longer posts I can only really make in the evenings, but I should be able to make them any evening except sometimes Wednesdays.

Although I'll be restarting the game at weekend, I won't always be able to make posts at weekend - I will make sure I keep an eye on the forum to read new posts though.

I don't expect daily posts from everyone (though you're welcome to post as often as you like), I'm kind of hoping for 3+ IC posts per player per week if possible though, and for you all to try and make sure that you aren't holding the game up. :)

When the game first started, in the New York chapter I was regularly setting deadlines to finish planning, etc and move on, but I think I lost that as the game move along and my own pace slowed. I'm determined to keep things moving at a decent pace again this time. I'm hoping that we can finish the game. :)

Now I'm off to read though the most recent events again, and to get ready for this weekend's posts. :)
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by coffee demon »

This was the most enjoyable play-by-forum game I played in, and I'm looking forward to getting back into it.

It would be fantastic to have Grafster return. He was an integral part of the game. Probably the only one who knew what the hell was going on. :)

Decrepit, what was the name of your character again? She was a friend of Elizabeth's, right?

*Edit: Caroline! I remember now! She was a nurse / doctor. I think she was getting hot with one of the Russian brothers, right? Or flirty, at least?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back, Coffee Demon!

Caroline Ward is a doctor. I got the impression back when I was a lurker that she actually married one of the Rukovs on the ship to London, though I've only read the beginning of the New York chapter and the early parts of the London chapter, and that's been years.

Looks like we're getting the band back together! 8-) I know DSIGFUSS has been very active lately on Dark and Moody, so hopefully he'll be able to return and bring Trixie with him.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Yes, DSIGFUSS & Trixie are both coming back. :)
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

If either of those two don't come back, I'll kick their asses next time I see them. (DSIG has been a close friend for about 25 years now, and I've known Trixie for quite a while too.)
imme
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by imme »

The door slowly creaks open. The next flash of lightning illuminates a lone figure shuffling into the room ... yawning and rubbing her eyes.

Hey guys, I'm back. Did I miss anything? ;)

Glad to give this game another shot and to "see" you all again. Hopefully I can remember what was going on.
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

Good to see you, Imme! Weird, it's like an online reunion. This is not something I've experienced before.

By the way, Raiko, I left this game and all the others because they were slowing down and because I had a lot of other things going on in my life. It was nothing personal. Glad to be back!
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I guess I should say: Hi! I joined the forum when you guys were in the fray of investigating a library. That´s when I joined Raiko´s other game, BTMOM.
Me and Mr. Handy started to set up a Scotland Yard section. Then the game cracked from end to end.
Added some posts since then and hopefully I can characterize Barrington in a good way.

Pleased to meet you guys!

/Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

HA Ha!

Total reunion here.

Coffee Demon back on Yog? Say it ain't so man! That's wicked!

And imme.. Good to hear from you too! haven't played much with you since the "Kings of Chicago days with Eddie"

Nice to see yah doll face!

Totally looking forward to rock my stuffy Brit again.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Welcome back Imme & DSIGFUSS!
By the way, Raiko, I left this game and all the others because they were slowing down and because I had a lot of other things going on in my life. It was nothing personal. Glad to be back!
Don't worry, I never thought it was personal. I'm really glad you're all back. And I understand busy, I've not exactly been a regular on here over the last couple of years myself. I'm determined to never let this game slow down that much ever again though.

I've waited until I knew I'd be able to post regularly before contacting you all, and it's also so much easier to keep on eye on the forum around the clock using a mobile phone these days that I've no excuse.

I'm still waiting for a reply from Grafster to my last message, but I'll start posting over the weekend anyway; Johnny was all alone when we left off (as usual), and I can cover what's been happening to Elizabeth and Andrei while I wait to see if he's joining in. :)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back Imme and DSIGFUSS!

I wasn't in King of Chicago, but i remember both of you from Ash. Laraqua wants to start up that game again too. We're getting close to the conclusion there.

I've also taken over Dr. Heather Kilgore in Reboot over on Dark and Moody before Imp had her meet an untimely end. She's actually slightly less insane than she was when I picked her up (got a Sanity bonus for reaching 90% in Medicine).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

I should really finish off the last 2-3 posts of King of Chicago...

DSIGFUSS and basketvector (Max and Eddie) and I started a sequel KoC, using Google Wave. It's slowed down over the summer... I'd like to get it going again.
imme
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by imme »

Yeah, this is like a reunion. Good memories of fun times :) King of Chicago, Ash, Reboot ... ah, the nostalgia of death and insanity. I'm glad you took over Kilgore, Mr. Handy, and way to battle through the crazy! Ash sure was creeeeepy. And Coffee, yes, you should finish off King of Chicago! So close to the end.

Argh, my life is busy, but I told Raiko I'd be happy to give Masks another try. Now I'm remembering how easy it is to "just add one more game"

I'm looking forward to meeting the Scotland Yard (just please don't arrest us!)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Let´s see where the evidence takes us. I´m sure it will be fun!
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

coffee demon wrote:I should really finish off the last 2-3 posts of King of Chicago...

DSIGFUSS and basketvector (Max and Eddie) and I started a sequel KoC, using Google Wave. It's slowed down over the summer... I'd like to get it going again.
I can retrieve King of Chicago from the Graveyard if you like, or Raiko can. Does it go in Classic Era or Pulp?

I had started reading it once, years ago, but it's very long and I didn't have time.
imme wrote:Yeah, this is like a reunion. Good memories of fun times :) King of Chicago, Ash, Reboot ... ah, the nostalgia of death and insanity. I'm glad you took over Kilgore, Mr. Handy, and way to battle through the crazy! Ash sure was creeeeepy. And Coffee, yes, you should finish off King of Chicago! So close to the end.

Argh, my life is busy, but I told Raiko I'd be happy to give Masks another try. Now I'm remembering how easy it is to "just add one more game"

I'm looking forward to meeting the Scotland Yard (just please don't arrest us!)
Ash is still creepy. I'm amazed we've all managed to survive through Chapter Two and the start of Chapter Three. Sarah has had some really awesome moments, and she's broken out of her insanity death spiral and is now saner than when she started. She has her hands full trying to comfort everyone else, though. And little Dahlia is quite the hero too!

Reboot just keeps getting stranger and stranger, but it's a lot of fun. We're not too far away from the end of that game, either.

Looking forward to meeting you in Masks as well! If you don't want to get arrested, don't break the law. Or, at least don't let us catch you breaking the law. ;)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I'm rereading stuff tonight. Should be starting posting again tomorrow.

The first couple of posts will be refresher summaries plus some info for Mr Handy & Syrinx about what the cops were up to when they were my NPCs.

Then I'll make some IC posts, if I don't get time for those tomorrow then they'll be made on Monday; I'll definitely have the game back up and running in the next day or two, it won't be next weekend. :)

I'm enjoying the reunion BTW.
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

coffee demon wrote:Decrepit, what was the name of your character again? She was a friend of Elizabeth's, right?

*Edit: Caroline! I remember now! She was a nurse / doctor. I think she was getting hot with one of the Russian brothers, right? Or flirty, at least?
Yep, that's right--doctor, friend of Elizabeth, in some sort of Hollywood-romance-type relationship with Maks, secret agent of ... ;)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Hi everyone. I've only just finished rereading everything that's happened since the attack of the fog-creature, boy there's a lotta posts in this game! :LOL: :oops:

There's a few things that I'd forgotten & I didn't realise that the last time all of your characters were together was in 2008!

I'm knocking together some summaries now and planning the first IC posts, I need to try to resolve your current predicaments quickly and get you back together - you had planned to meetup near the Penhew Foundation at midnight.

I've sent Grafster a message to see if he's decided whether he's joining us again or not. Hopefully he'll let me know before before I get the IC posts up.

Those posts should be up tommorrow. :)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Oh BTW, it's probably worth mentioning Mr Handy & Syrinx I'll be bringing your characters straight into the game, you won't have to wait longer than the others. :)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Awesome! :) The game is afoot. Or it will be soon, at least.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Raiko's Masks of Nyarlathotep Game”