Masks Chit Chat.

At long last the Stars are almost Right. Soon Nyarlathotep's plans will come to fruition. Then the world will be changed irrevocably -- but not quite yet. Pesky human investigators have learned much, but can they survive long enough to make sense of what they know?

Moderators: Laraqua, Raiko

Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Re: Masks Chit Chat.

Post by Raiko »

:shock: I'm trying my best! :lol:

Seriously though, no probs, things are still fairly slow. I'm hoping that everything will speed up once I get as many PCs in one place as I can.

For now I've posted again in each thread, and I'm definitely needing a post from you or Laraqua in the private thread.

BTW: How's the Olympics? Any of you Vancouvians taking an interest?
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Sadly Imme had just let me know that she won’t be able to rejoin the game after all. :(

She wishes us all the best, but on reflection is too busy in real-life to find time to play. Unfortunately Elizabeth is quite central to the story – given her friendship to Jackson Elias and the fact that Johnny basically works for her! So she can’t be written out as easily as someone else, Andrei for example, could. I’m reluctant to recruit a replacement player for her, as Imme did such a wonderful job.

Goodbye Imme, you will be missed.

I’ve had a think about things, and decided to take drastic & immediate action to remove the following characters from the game:
  • Elizabeth
  • Andrei
  • Gwen (Gwen was going anyway)
Caroline may also be going at the earliest opportunity, she’s currently wearing the Lovecraftian equivalent of a red jersey. I’ve not received any replies from Decrepit and I now assume that I never will. I’m undecided whether to get rid of her, NPC her or

Elizabeth (and Andrei) will be removed in such a way that it will hopefully be logical for Johnny to stick around

I’ll be bringing Sgt Jones into the mix ASAP.

Laraqua and Trixie both seem busy, only logging on occasionally, so I shall look after the Rukovs for the time being as both playes want to carry on playing.

This will leave us with Maks, Timour, Nethaniel, Johnny and Jones, plus maybe Caroline.

I’m not sure what to do about recruiting. What do you all think? I’m tempted to just continue so long as we have at least four active PCs, but I liked having a mix of male and female investigators.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I was away at a convention for a few days, but I'm back now and ready. Well, ready-ish. I'm still catching up on things, so there's no rush. Of course, maybe I'll get snowed in again later this week and have plenty of time.

I wouldn't mind adding new players, but I'm fine with continuing with just the players we still have. It's always good to have both male and female investigators (regardless of the gender of the players). I play a more or less even mix, and often I play the sole female investigator in a game.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Just heard from Decrepit. :D

He's been very busy, but hopes he'll be able to rejoin in the next couple of weeks.
So I'll try to keep Caroline alive & sane for a bit longer. :twisted:
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I’m really sorry, I’ve started writing new posts three times over the last couple of days, but been sidetracked each time.

I’ll be updating each thread tonight.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Raiko wrote:I’m really sorry, I’ve started writing new posts three times over the last couple of days, but been sidetracked each time.

I’ll be updating each thread tonight.
Obviously that didn't work out.

I'm back online now, but spent the weekend planning and posting in BtMoM to get that back up and running.

I'll be posting here again tomorrow. It looks like we'll have to continue for the time being without Laraqua & Trixie as they're hardly ever online any more. :(

Better news is that I'll definitely be able to add Mr Handy's character Detective Sergeant Jones to the action tomorrow. :)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jolly good! :)

I'll be pretty busy tomorrow, so I'm not certain how much I'll be able to post Tuesday night (Eastern U.S. time), but I should be able to get something in.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Grafster, DSIGFUSS & Mr Handy: I'm most terribly sorry about the delay, I'm afraid that I got a bit disheartened by the players who I thought would return, but didn't. :cry:

The Rukovs are in a rather precarious position at the moment, and so I particularly didn't want to NPC them, and I'd really rather not wipe out a total of 5-6 characters that I've grown to love, just to tidy the game up.

I've therefore reluctantly decided to advertise for new players, to replace at least one or two of those who are absent. This is going to cause a little extra delay, but will hopefully rejuvenate the game (and the Keeper!). You three have been very good to me since my return, especially Mr Handy who's still waiting to actually join in, and you all deserve my full enthusiasm.

I'll also be PMing Trixie and Laraqua one last time, but I need at least a couple of posts a week from each of them to keep the story moving.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Don't worry about it, I'm very busy during the week anyway. I'll have more time to post on weekends.

Trixie has been posting in other games lately, but Laraqua hasn't logged on since February 21. She's been absent from Zombie Apocalypse for even longer than that.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Sorry I've been a bit ill and haven't been online. Will resume ASAP.

There's quite a lot of interest in the recruitment thread, so I should be able to fill out the unused characters again.

Trixie's back. :D
Doesn't really look like Laraqua will be though. :(
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by trixie »

Yes looking forward to regular posting, but its always best when getting back into it, to post regularly so that we all check regularly. Otherwise we fall into the trap again of not checking, putting it off, posting we can't post.....LOL Its a vicious cycle!
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by trixie »

PS get better Raiko!
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Well, I'm back if Maks is still alive.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Hey Laraqua great to see you back.

I'll try to be back myself! :)

How's things?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back, both of you! :D

I'm ready to join in any time you're ready. Well, unless you're ready between July 29 and August 9, as I'll be on vacation in Vancouver and probably without Internet access. But any time after that is fine by me.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Things've been good. Got a job, got engaged, and got into a bigger house!
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Congratulations! 8-) I moved too at the end of last year, from a horrible apartment where they don't do maintenance into a nice big co-op unit (similar to a condo, but owned and run cooperatively - each resident owns a share that entitles you to live in your unit) where they do. The movers shafted me and left me stranded for an extra day, then came earlier than they had told me they would the following day and woke me up.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Laraqua wrote:Things've been good. Got a job, got engaged, and got into a bigger house!
That's great :) congratulations!

I've had a crappy few weeks since my previous post :( but I will resume this game, I promise. :)

It's my favorite of all RPG campaigns, so I will finish it LOL
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Ok! I'm up and at-em! Just send me a pm when you are ready!
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I'm not sure if any of you are still reading this thread, but I'm back on the forums again and I'd very much like to try and resurrect this long neglected game. I know that Mr Handy is still interested in joining in, but I'd like to gauge interest from any of the existing players before deciding what to do.

My own real life situation has now settled down, and I'm working on a project with very good long term job security. I'll be mostly restricted to evening posts, but I can post at least 3 or 4 evenings a week, possibly every day. I just need to give my wife time to satisfy her Bejewelled Blitz habit! ;)

Here's my thoughts about how to go about restarting this game, quoted from a post I've made in the "new players" forum:

Raiko wrote:Masks is set in 1925, it's one of the classic old-school Cthulhu campaigns and as such is extremely deadly. We had a fantastic start and a lot of love went into the game from all the players, but things eventually ground to a halt due to real life getting in the way of me and the players. I really want to get that game going again and I'm looking at two options:
  1. Contact all the original players, and find out who'd be interested in kicking it off again. Recruit one or two extra players to fill the gaps, possibly with brand new characters - this would include Mr.Handy's Scotland Yard detective.
  2. Assume that the game's current situation - in which all the characters are in deadly danger - ends badly. Resume that campaign one game month later, with Mr Handy's cop character taking the lead.
  3. Some mixture of the above, depending on how many of the old characters I can get back.
I'm going for option (1) first, so if any of you are still around and interested then please post here, it'll save me a little time contacting everyone. I think I can contact every player from the past through either email, PM, MSN or Facebook, so I'll see where things stand after that. :)

Return to “Raiko's Masks of Nyarlathotep Game”