Masks Chit Chat.

At long last the Stars are almost Right. Soon Nyarlathotep's plans will come to fruition. Then the world will be changed irrevocably -- but not quite yet. Pesky human investigators have learned much, but can they survive long enough to make sense of what they know?

Moderators: Laraqua, Raiko

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: Masks Chit Chat.

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I´ll be up for continuing playing John Rhyes even if I dropped out shortly before the hiatus ;) .

/Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I think John Rhyes is your BtMoM character, Dave. You were originally going to play Detective Inspector Barrington in this game, and I hope you'll be on board for that again.

I agree with option 1. It would be a shame to just throw away such great characters. If their current situation turns into a TPK, option 2 is a good way to continue the game, but I hope there are at least some survivors, and the characters should at least have a chance to get out of whatever mess they're in.

We can probably get DSIGFUSS and Trixie back, as they're somewhat active on the board. Laraqua has been missing for almost six months. She has disappeared for months at a time before and has always returned, but she's never been gone for quite this long before. Still, the Yithian who has swapped minds with her has to trade back sooner or later. Decrepit last logged in last November, but Grafster has been gone since February 2010. It sounds like Imme is gone for good, but it may be worth reaching out to her. Coffee Demon last logged on in December, and Jtull_84 has been gone since November 2009.

I'll usually only be able to post in the evenings as well, at least during the week, but that's Eastern U.S. time, so it'll be late night/early morning in the UK. I can post throughout the day on weekends and on days when I'm off from work, however.

In my game The Terror Out of Time, which is set in 1930 London, I made a number of references to Masks based on what little I know of it. One of the NPCs is a Detective Inspector Jones, who may or may not be the same person as the Detective Sergeant Jones I'll be playing. If he survives and doesn't become a raving nutter, he's bound to get promoted in the intervening five years. And if not, Jones is a common enough surname.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Aah. uh...OH! Yes... Must be the BTMOM logo Gary uses :D Kind of makes me go to 1933 not 1925. My bad, and I´m glad to take the coat on for Barrington, once more. We were in the coffee room of the Scotland Yard, yes?
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, in the IC chat thread you set up in Scotland Yard. We haven't formally been placed into the game in a Keeper-created IC thread yet.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Ah, that´s right. As for the last couple of posts in the Scotland Yard thread we are holding for an update on what SY knows about the situation. Barrington and Jones are currently discussing leads.
TVblog

Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

You're both welcome to reprise your roles, just don't post anything yet. As I mentioned in my previous post, it very much depends on how many of the original players want to rejoin us whether the timeline remains the same, or jumps ahead a month.

If the time is moved on by a month, then Scotland Yard's Egyptian Murders investigation will be closed. Jones and Barrington will still be central characters to the storyline though. :)

*EDIT* @Dave: You are most welcome to rejoin BtMoM with John. I don't think the game moved on in your absence anyway! Again I'm checking up on which other players are interested in rejoining before deciding how (or if) to proceed. In the case of BtMoM though, it's actually in a good place to renew with entirely fresh players if necessary - although I'd much prefer to have only existing players.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Just so you all konw, I'm still here and still planning to resurrect this campaign (and glad to see that Laraqua is back again!).

I'm currently looking into the best way to contact each of the existing/ex players, to get a feel of which is the best way to proceed. I didn't want to kick the game into action again before I was ready to post regularly again. I've been lurking on the forums most days since my last posts though, so I'm confident that I'll be able to post fairly regularly (at least once every day or two). :)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm looking forward to getting started, and I'm ready when you are! :D

If you want to reach the other players, the best way is probably email. As a global mod, if you bring up a user's profile while logged in, you can get a link to directly send that user an email. You could try PMs, but not everyone's account is sent to notify them by email when they get a new PM. Laraqua's back now, so it looks like you'll have no problem reaching her. DSIGFUSS hasn't logged in here for over a month, but he's fairly active on Dark and Moody. Trixie has been away for over three months, but DSIGFUSS knows her in RL and can reach her if you can't. Coffee demon has been gone for nearly nine months, Decrepit for over ten, and Grafster for seven. jtull_84 has been gone for almost two years, and imme for even longer than that. She's probably gone for good, as she left Dark and Moody a long time ago too, but it can't hurt to reach out to her. Maybe things have changed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Yeah I'm mostly planning to use email, I've also got some more up to date email addresses for some of the players, or I know how to reach them via IM, etc. I've been in touch with some of them much more recently than their last login.

I've started sending out messages today, and I should get them out to everyone by the end of the weekend. Hopefully everyone will at least reply, even if they're not interested in rejoining us. :)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Great! I have a four day weekend coming up (starting Wednesday night), followed by a three day weekend, which should give me a decent amount of time.

By the way, if you're interested in joining Zombie Apocalypse, Chapter 7 is just getting started. A whole bunch of new characters are up for grabs, and we're down to six players after a few have dropped out at the end of Chapter 6, so we could use some fresh brains. If you want to get in on my second Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu mashup, The Ninth Planet, that's in its early stages too, and one of the players was a no-show. Space Oddity can always use more players too. Right now it's down to three.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Well I've always been interested in joining in Zombie Apocalypse, I almost joined in Chapter 1 back when John was running it on the other forums. How much stuff would I need to read in order to have the knowledge of the Apocalypse that my character has?

I love Doctor Who (new and old), indeed I'm about to watch the latest episode now, but I'm not sure that I'd manage to join two games without risking letting you down, plus I want to make sure that I really do get Masks running again this time.

So out of the two games I'd prefer to join ZA. 8-)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome aboard, then! You wouldn't need any prior knowledge to join Zombie Apocalypse, provided that you choose only characters newly added in Chapter 7 (or create them yourself). Chapter 7 actually marks the start of the second day of the apocalypse, and I can summarize the first day's events when I send you your characters' secrets. There are seven new playable pregenerated characters in the Sword section, plus one new one in the Omaha section. You can also create up to two of your own characters, one in Gold and one in Omaha. You can find the pregens in the Character Sheets thread in the Chapter 7 subforum, and the instructions for creating your own characters can be found in the next to last post of the Rules and Guidelines thread in the main Zombie Apocalypse forum. You can choose pregens and build your characters by posting in the Character Selection, Creation, and Discussion thread of the main forum. The maximum number of characters you can play at a time is four and the recommended number is three, but there's nothing wrong with choosing just one or two.

I've only started some of the threads off in Chapter 7, and I plan to put up the rest this weekend, so you haven't really missed anything.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Quick update, I've now made at least one attempt to contact every player who has ever participated in this game except for Warhammer.

I've had a few replies, and I'll wait for a week or so before making any decision about how to restart.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I´ll pick up that baton and get in character at the New Scotland Yard. At any point in the future.
Cheers!
TVblog

Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

SIR, present and accounted for, SIR!
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Another quick update from me. It now looks good that I'll be able to restart this game using just the two of you, plus some or all of the old players, and that the game will continue from where it left off.

I'll be resuming the game either this weekend or next weekend, depending on whether or not I hear from the remaining players this week.

At this stage it's unlikely that I'll be recruiting anyone else.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Sounds good.
TVblog

Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

The weird thing is, I was just thinking about my old Masks character this morning, wondering how she was. Weiiiiird.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Woohoo! :D Welcome back! I'm glad the good doctor will be joining us. I hope we'll see more familiar faces returning.

I'll be ready to start when you are. This particular weekend coming up is a three day weekend for me, so if we do start then I'd have more time to get rolling. I have a couple of conventions coming up in November that will take up two weekends, but I'll also have two more extended weekends interspersed with them then.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
coffee demon
Keeper
Keeper

Post by coffee demon »

WAZZZZZUP!

Andrei is depressed and paranoid and ready to roll.

It'll take me a while to get used to checking into this forum. It'll really help if we have people posting regularly again.

Looking forward to it!

Return to “Raiko's Masks of Nyarlathotep Game”