Masks Chit Chat.

At long last the Stars are almost Right. Soon Nyarlathotep's plans will come to fruition. Then the world will be changed irrevocably -- but not quite yet. Pesky human investigators have learned much, but can they survive long enough to make sense of what they know?

Moderators: Laraqua, Raiko

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Masks Chit Chat.

Post by Mr. Handy »

That's okay. I've been busy myself lately and was away for the last couple of weeks. Things will be slow for me, as I have a lot of catching up to do and I'm moving in December, but I should be able to keep up. I will be away this weekend without Internet access, but I plan to get back Sunday night and can post then.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Raiko »

Wow, welcome back Decrepit! :D

It's great to have you back.

I've been busier than expected at work, even with the big project finished (so many things to catch up on), but I'll try my utmost to reread recent posts this weekend and get things moving again. :)

I'll post something by Monday evening, even if it's just more excuses... :oops:

Hopefully we can get the game moving along again by the end of the holiday period (I'm in a much better position to make New Years resolutions this time).
Decrepit
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Decrepit »

Haha. Nice to be wanted somewhere. 2009 has been just that kind of year. But consider me tanned, rested, and ready to go. Between now and 2010, Caroline and Nethaniel will be "hanging out" at the spice shop. Turns out Caroline sort of likes danger, if you know what I mean. She surprises even me sometimes.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Righty-O lad! Let's hop to it!
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Happy new year everyone - back at work tomorrow. Will try to kick off this game again. :)

Sorry the Christmas hols were too busy with the kids.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by trixie »

I hear ya! Get em all out of school and you actually expect to have down time?? Think again!
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Like you do anything at home when the kids are away Trixie!

Munch!!! Squish!! Click! Munch!! Crunch! Hrmmm! Click! Slurp! Munch! Click!

Oh what's that aweful sound?

That's just the sound of Trixie feverishly eating Bon Bons while she watches her "stories" on five different chananels. 6 If you count BBC. lol
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

What is a bon bon anyways?
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

As if! You're the one with the obnoxious book on the cd player in your car.....omg.....complete with sound effects! hahahah!!!!

Bon bons are dam good just for the record. :D
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Sorry for the additional hold up, still figuring out how to get the show back on the road. :rolls:

It's tricky after such a long break. I think I'm about ready though. :S

@Mr Handy: I need to decide what to do about the "Scotand Yard" thread. Syrinx is dropping out to concentrate on his own games, and with the difficulties I've had running the game recently , I'm not so sure that I can handle an ambitious sub-game at the moment. Would you be happy to look after one of the existing characters for the moment? I'm pretty sure that we'll be a couple of players down, at least. And I could for a logical opportunity to introduce Jones as a player character at a later point (not too much later).
Bon bons are dam good just for the record. :D
Damn right they are!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I couldn't really do justice to the existing characters. I've read very little of Chapter 1, and what I did read I've forgotten (it was over three years ago). I still want to play Jones, and I'm willing to wait as long as you need. I've waited this long, after all. Maybe you can find someone else to play Barrington at a later point. too.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Fair enough, I'll try to run the Scotland Yard thread if I can, to get you straight into the game. If I can't, then I'll bring in Jones ASAP.

I'm going to try posting in the IC threads tonight - even if it means not sleeping :lol:

I've scrapped the plan to immediately reunite everyone, as I was struggling to find time to write the long posts necessary!

Instead I'll kick off each IC thread again, see which PCs are active, and once some of the PC groups get back together, I'll quickly wrap up any remaining threads to get everyone surviving into the same place!

I think I just need to get into the habit of posting from home again, I can easily spare an hour or two a night if I just resist the XBOX! 8-)

That firewall at work is a real pain in ass though... :(

BTW: I emailed Imme today, but did it from work - forgetting that I'm not back there until Monday! Imme, if you're reading this please PM me, rather than replying to the email. :)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Posted now!

Trixie & Laraqua:
don't forget that the Rukov twins are active in a private thread: here

DSIG & Decrepit:
Sorry I'm actually waiting on you two now in that thread - Nethaniel has to decide what to do with the paperweight.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

BTW: I watched the first two parts of 24 (Day 8) on Sunday (it runs a week behind the US over here), and Jack Bauer was staying at the Hotel Chelsea!
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

BTW: I watched the first two parts of 24 (Day 8) on Sunday (it runs a week behind the US over here), and Jack Bauer was staying at the Hotel Chelsea!

I imagine his room is the very one where poor Jackson Elias was so brutally slain by the Cult of the Bloody Tongue!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sounds good to me. I know how hard it is to post when you have very little time. It's difficult for me to keep my own games moving. I don't have to worry about the Xbox - just the PS3. ;) I have just as much of a problem finding time to play that, however. I've got dozens of games I haven't even had time to start playing yet. Not to mention hundreds of PC games. And I can't post from work (it's technically possible, but not allowed).

Imme hasn't logged in since July, and she dropped off of Dark and Moody too. I hope she comes back. Now that Laraqua's returned, maybe she could also rejoin Ash. Several of our players haven't resumed posting again.

I've been watching 24 too. It's on Monday nights here, and I've seen the first five hours so far. I won't spoil it, but it just keeps getting better.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I've had an email reply from Imme now, she'll be joining back in in a couple of weeks. That gives me time to resolve the situation that Johnny is in before needing any posts for Elizabeth. Grafster should be back within a day or two. I'll NPC Elizabeth & Andrei for now if necessary.

Laraqua & DSIGFUSS: I'll wait another day for Trixie to post (and in the hope that Decrepit returns), before posting in your threads - hopefully I'll have your split group back together within a few posts. :)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

@DSIGFUSS: Need a roll for Nethaniel (see the Spice Shop thread).

Once that's done, we shall continue.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Sorry I wanted to post yesterday, but I was feeling a bit poorly. :(

Better again now, and I'll be able to post again tomorrow if anyone's waiting on me.

At the moment we have these players who've posted:

DSIGFUSS: Nethaniel
Laraqua: Maks
Grafster: Johnny

Trixie's been offline for a couple of weeks, but I'm assuming that she'll still be playing Timour when she's back.
Imme said she'd be back online in a couple of weeks.
Mr Handy is waiting patiently to join the game with DS Jones.

If no-one else returns :cry: we'll see how the game goes with six players.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

I'm still here....but not checking regularly. Everything is moving so slowly at the moment that checking in daily seems pointless. :(

Return to “Raiko's Masks of Nyarlathotep Game”