IC: Return to Soho - Maksim & Nethaniel

At long last the Stars are almost Right. Soon Nyarlathotep's plans will come to fruition. Then the world will be changed irrevocably -- but not quite yet. Pesky human investigators have learned much, but can they survive long enough to make sense of what they know?

Moderators: Laraqua, Raiko

Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years

Re: IC: Return to Soho - Maksim & Nethaniel

Post by Raiko »

Menkeper does not resist, and leads the way out through the back door into the alleyway. There's no one else out here, but Maks and Nethaniel can hear the commotion from the front of the club.
OOC,No sorry, the second doorman got outa there ASAP. By the time Maksim had executed the first one, the second had pushed his way into the crowd fleeing the bar area. I didn't think Maksim would risk firing into the crowd, and I wasn't sure that you even intended him to shoot the fleeing man. If you want to try a shot make a roll now (I'll 'backdate' the shot ;)). Otherwise you'll just have to keep you eyes peeled for him outside. BTW: Sorry I've not posted in Silent Hill. It's been mad at work this week. Should be over the worst of it now though. :)
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Maksim looks around, licking his lips. They couldn't go anywhere on foot so they needed to get to the car first -- unless he wanted to try to steal someone's vehicle. Perhaps there'd be one nearby? Some people didn't bother locking their doors, after all.
Show,What I meant is that I wanted to execute the injured guy. You didn't mention whether I got to shoot him a second time and if that killed him. Last I saw he was injured but maybe I mid-read it and he was dying?
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC,Ah! Yes you executed him. Sorry I just went along with your post where you said you shot him again, I usually just assume that coup-de-grace shots are successful. I should have posted the result though. oops! The Bentley is parked around the front - a short distance away from the club. You could work your way around to it via back-streets if you don't want to risk passing the front of the club. I've assumed that you parked it around a corner or something.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Show,Yeah, around the corner. I'll try and work my way around.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Nethaniel follows close behind MAks and Yaleesha with a bat-sh#t crazy look on his face. He has never been so scared in all his life.

Where's the car? Where's the bloody bentley?
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC,I've put this into spoiler tags, because DSIGFUSS's post needs an IC reply from Maksim, but I don't want you to both have to wait around for me after. Maksim thinks that he knows the best way back to the Bentley, [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3378241/]but unfortunately he failed his idea roll by 1%![/url] So his directions will get you to the right place, but around the main road from the Bentley, and crossing that road might get you spotted by the bad guys.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Maksim tosses Nethaniel the keys. "We gotta cross the main road and that might get us spotted. Your job's to get all the doors unlocked and get yourself in the back. Keep your gun trained on Menkhepher. He's gonna be in the passenger seat. I'll be drivin' but if he moves any way you don't like, you shoot the hell outta him and save me the trouble. Yaleesha can get get in next to you. If you think you don't have the balls to shoot a man who might shoot you, then give your gun to Yaleesha. Bet she's got a few scores to settle."

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Nethaniel takes the keys and keeps them at the ready. When Maks informs him of his executioner duties.. his eyes buldge like tea saucers but he nods with a sickly nervous expression.

Right mate...

He has no intentions of giving the gun to Yaleesha. He hopes they can free Gwen without any further blood shed but he'll give the responsibility his utmost attention and perform his part to the best of his ability.

When they reach the road across from the Bentley.. Nethaniel takes a moment to pause and catch his breath. He breaths in deeply to gather his nerve and then darts into the street towards their car, holding his pistol in his off hand and the keys to the Bentley in his right.

C'mon lads and lasses! Let's not doddle now..
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Fortunately no one is even looking in their direction as the four dash across to the Bentley. Menkeper is sullen, but still does not resist.

As Maksim gets in to the driver's seat next to him the barman says, "Taking me will not help you. Tewfik will track you down and kill you. It is the will of the Black Pharaoh, it cannot be defied by mortals."
OOC,I'm going to see if Imme would like to look after [b]Yalesha[/b] for the time being, as there isn't much going on in her thread.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Nethaniel hops in the back seat so he can have his gun trained on Menkeper in the front.

Yes.. Yes.. Doom and Gloom and all that! We'll take it under advisement now won't we? Drive Maks! Let's get oput of here!
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Maksim holsters his gun and drives off, keeping a cautious eye open for any police officers or other people, as he tries to drive like a normal person back to their rendevouz. He may be feeling braver than before but there's no way he's going after a magician and his fanatical allies without any assistance.

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

OOC- What? A mild mannered librarian isn't enough back up? :o
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC,Are you looking out for the police to avoid them or to get help?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Show,Avoid them. They might take my hostage away. If they flag me down, I'll pretend like I was looking for them.

Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Maksim drives away from the area of the Blue Pyramid Club towards The Railway Inn, Johnny's first choice of rendezvous. It's possible that no one else will try hearing there until noon tomorrow, which might become a problem if Menkeper causes trouble.

Taking a few side roads out of Soho, the investigators avoid any contact with the police, a rare sight in Soho anyway from the looks of things.

As the Bentley passes Euston Station, close to where the little inn/pub is located Yalesha asks, "Where are we going?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"To get friends," said Maksim, hoping that he'd at least see his brother before noon tomorrow.

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Nethaniel is glad to hear Maks say that. The idea of taking on this dangerous venture with just the aid of a harlett from Soho gave Nethaniel a cold chill. Nodding to himself Nethaniel turns his attention back to the Menkheper. He pokes him in the back of the neck with his newly acquired pistol.

I want you to describe this place we're headed to Menkeper... Down to the bloody plumbing if you gather my meaning? How many blokes with firearms... How many blokes without... How many bloody custodians?

Nethaniel takes a moment to calm himself wishing he had both hands free to clean his glasses.

We're an honest sort Menkheper... I give you my word as a gentleman that you'll live through this if you coorperate. But I'll flay the skin from your shins if you lie to me... now won't I?
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

"Misr House is Mr Gavigan's Manor House, it is in Essex on a little island in some salt marshes called the Naze. It's about seventy miles from here."

Menkeper grimaces, "There will be many, many disciples of the Black Pharaoh at Mr Gavigan's tonight, at least twenty or thirty men. Only a few will have guns, but there will be many clubs and knives. They will be there all night making the offering to our master, this is not the normal night to do such a thing, so they will have to work extra hard to please the Black Pharaoh."

"If it hard just been your lady friend Mister Gavigan would perhaps have just locked her under his house until the new moon, but that silly policeman tried to stop them and made Tewfik very angry. So now there will be a special ceremony this very night, and then they will come back to London looking for the rest of you."

He laughs hysterically, "And me too! I am a dead man now, Mister Gavigan has no mercy for those who fall into the hands of enemies, even Tewfik's own brother had to die when the police caught him!"
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Nethaniel goes pale at Menkeper's description of the forces presetn at Tewfik's estate.

Good heavens! What are we going to do Maks? How are we to save Gwen now?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"With bigger guns," said Maksim tightly. "He can draw us a map once we reach our spot." He glances sidelong at his Menkhepher. "It looks like we're on the same side now, Menkheper. He won't forgive you for being caught so your best bet is us winning. What tricks does your fellow have?"

Return to “Raiko's Masks of Nyarlathotep Game”