IC: Return to Soho - Maksim & Nethaniel

At long last the Stars are almost Right. Soon Nyarlathotep's plans will come to fruition. Then the world will be changed irrevocably -- but not quite yet. Pesky human investigators have learned much, but can they survive long enough to make sense of what they know?

Moderators: Laraqua, Raiko

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC: Return to Soho - Maksim & Nethaniel

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Nethaniel picks up the revolver and studies it with disgust. He considers taking it but decides against it. placing it back where he had found it. The Ankh, however , he nicks and stows away in his inside jacket pocket. Perhaps they could use it to get to Gwen or as a part of a disguise.

He then takes one final look through the desk knocking quietly for hollow areas in the drawyers where Tewfik al-Sayed's henchman might have kept something more secretive than a pistol.

Nethaniel then stumbles out of the office as if he were drunk.
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years

Post by Raiko »

Nethaniel doesn't find anything else suspicious in the office.

He stumbles drunkenly back into the bar area, but the ruse is not needed, as the bartender is busy chatting to a customer and doesn't even notice him.

Nethaniel spots Maksim is sitting back at the table with Agatha and Alice.

At the Table

Agatha shut up. The two girls look scared by Maksim now, but Alice whispers, "Ok, we'll help you? Are these people criminals?"
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Nethaniel walks supiciously over to the table and sits back down.

His eyes are wild and his brow is sweaty. He speaks softly to Maks.

Oh Bloody hell... What do yah say Maks? We get what we came for or didn't we?
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

As Nethaniel sits down at the table, Yalesha re-enters the bar area. The barman looks at her then at Nethaniel and Maksim's table. His eyes linger on the Russian for an instant too long, then he stares at Yalsha as she approaches the bar - the coin has finally dropped!

Dashing from behind the bar Menkeper grabs Yalesha by the arm and drags her protesting into the manager's office that Nethaniel just visited. She stares at Maksim as she is dragged through the door, a look of terror in her eyes!

"What's happening?" whispers Alice, "Do something!"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Maksim nods and does what he always did in the military. Tried not to think too deeply into his actions, got up and charged toward the door so he could slam it open before Menkheper can lock it (or at least attempts to), gun in his hand but kept between him and the bar counter to keep from exciting the customers too much. If he can get in, he plans to slam the door shut behind him with a foot and train the gun on Menkheper.

At least, that's the plan.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Maksim crashes into the door just as Menkeper is pushing it closed, the barman is a little bigger and stronger than Maksim, but he's not prepared for someone smashing into the door and is sent sprawling across the floor.

Yalesha escapes his grasp and the barman's knife clatters across the musty office floor. As Maksim closes the door behind him, Menkeper spots the revolver in the Russian's hand and pleads for mercy, "Please, do not hurt me! Leave me alone."

Yalesha is cowering with her her back to the wall, staying as far from Menkeper as she can, tears roll down her cheeks, "He said he would kill me!"

Outside the office

The disturbance has not gone unnoticed, some other customers have seen what is happening. Netheniel sees another two couples hastily leave the club, whether to let away or fetch the bouncers Nethaniel cannot tell.

Another customer plucks up the courage to see what is going on and starts walking boldly towards the office door.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Nethaniel's heart leaps out of his chest when Maksim makes the move to the office. If he weren't paralyzed with fear, he would be cleaning his glasses.

Nethaniel stands and looks around, dumbfounded.

Oh bollocks!

The librarian then cautions the two girls.

Stay here luv... I'll sort this out!

nethanisl then follows after the customer boldly walking towards the office, unsure what he plans to do if the customer makes a move against Maks.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"That's no way to treat a lady," said Maksim, unable to resist a quip. "Where's the rest of your friends? Where'd they take Gwen? Start talking, everything, or I swear to God I'll shoot your manhood first."

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Manager's Office - The Blue Pyramid
7:52pm - Thursday 29th January, 1925

Menkeper cowers in front of Maksim, staring fearfully at the muzzle of the revolver, "Misr House! They took her to Misr House to sacrifice her to the Black Pharoah! They took the police detective as well! It is Mister Gavigan's country house on the Essex coast! I will take you there if you like, please do not hurt me, I am your friend I only wished to scare Yalesha for her own good!"

The cowardly bar-keeper is so scared that he has wet himself.

Outside the office.

The other customer reaches the door at the same time as Nethaniel, he tries to open the door, but Maksim is in the way, so he shouts instead, "Oy! Is everything okay in there? Is the lady safe? Open up now!"

As he shouts he hammers on the door.

Nethaniel sees the two doormen entering the club, it will take them another ten seconds or so to cross the bar area and reach the office.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Nethaniel's head pounds with fright...

He knocks on the door along with the customer, taking a moment to smile politely before he begins. He calls out to Maksim.

Maks! Maks! The bloody doormen Maks! They're coming! Hurry!

Without thinking and putting himself entirely out of his element.. Nethaniel reaches for an empty bottle of some description. He crashes it on the closest corner and waves it wildly, trying to clear the door to the office.

Hey! Back you sods! Back!
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"She's fine," said Maksim, then in a lower voice. "Yalesha, tell them. You can head off now if you like, but I can't vouch for the doormen."

Then he looks at Menkheper. "Up, and no funny business. I've been in the army and I'm an excellent shot."

Maksim tries to read Menkheper, looking for his likelihood of attacking him. He'll ideally try to get Menkheper standing in front of him with the gun to his back.

Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

The Manager's Office - The Blue Pyramid

Without his knife Menkeper is a coward, he does exactly what Maksim tells him to. Maks gets the impression that he's just as crazy as the rest of the psychos that seem to fill these death cults, but that he's a sadist who prefers to hurt defenseless women rather than armed men.

The door swings open as Maksim takes cover behind Menkeper, outside he can see Nethaniel with his back to the door waving a broken bottle in front of himself.

Yalesha shouts, "It is okay! I am fine!" Then in a lower voice says to Maksim, "Just get me out of here! Please!"

In front of Maks, Menkeper plucks up enough courage to say, "There is nowhere for you to run, that Tewfik will not find you."

Outside the Office - The Blue Pyramid

When Nethaniel brandishes the broken bottle, the good samaritan backs hastily away.

"Bugger this, you're all crazy," he mutters as he heads for the exit.

The two doormen slow their advance, buying Nethaniel a few more seconds; but they don't stop, instead they spread out so that they can take him from two directions.

They're a lot bigger than Nethaniel and one of them is actually grinning. In the corner of his vision he notices the office door swinging open and he hears Yalesha shout, "It is okay! I am fine!"

He also sees Alice and Agatha running towards the exit, it seems that they've had enough adventure for one evening.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Maksim makes a sound like he's drawing a gun from his pocket and instead presses a pen to his back, non-dominant arm fully extended to make it seem like he's closer than he is. "Ankles guns are a blast," says Maksim, in an icy lie, then he tries to shoot one of the doormen with his other gun.

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Nethaniel is grateful when the door opens and Maks is in control of the situation.. He was about to surely soil himself. He turns away from the doormen and runs back into the office... He fumbles for the gun in the desk he had chosen to leave behind. Lesson learned...
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

The grinning doorman doesn't even notice Maksim aiming at him until it's too late, the .45 bullet strikes him in the right shoulder, shattering his collarbone and he goes down screaming in agony.

The gunshot triggers a stampede as the rest of the customers panic and rush for the exit. The second doorman thinks of diving for cover, but instead turns and joins the people fleeing the building.

Nethaniel gets the handgun out of the desk drawer and Menkeper whimpers in terror as Maks presses the pen against his back.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Shhhhh, hush now," murmurs Maksim, letting an ounce of blood lust enter his voice. This was what he was born for, trained for, and this was what he was good at. He shoots the downed doorman again, just in case he might think of attacking him (and also because these cultists were the Enemy, after all), and to silence him. He needed to be able to pay most of his attention to the other doorman. "I don't kill people who don't attack me."

If Nethaniel catches his eye, he can see an evil glint in Maksim's eye. In truth, it's all adrenaline and lies (he'll be moody about callously killing a man later) but it may be a little scary.

"Let's go take a ride in my car, huh?" He jabs Menkheper in the back once more, ushering him to move forward. "Slowly now." If there's no other enemy in sight, he keeps the real gun aimed at his upper back, elbow bent, so if Menkheper tries to knock away the pen, then he'll still cop a bullet.

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Nethaniel rushes back onto the scene with wild eyes.. More like prey than predator..

Good Heavans!

He exclaims and drops the pistol as Maks executes the doorman but quickly picks it up, waving the gun shakily about the bar for any signs of resistance. The librarian is extremely hopeful they will encounter none on the way to the car.

He shouts to Maks, much louder than he needs to. Nethaniel is entirely out of his element and sinking fast.

What do we do? What do we do? What do we do?
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

"Use the back door! Quickly!" Yalesha is shouting, terrified now, wishing only to be gone from here.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Nethaniel pauses briefly to make sure Maks has the situation well in hand. If so, he immediately does as instructed and charges for the back door.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"We'll go first. Lead the way, Menkheper," growled Maksim, bustling Menkheper out first. "Nethaniel, cover me. Yaleesha, stay close to me." He keeps his gun hand free as they approach the door. "Open it and don't try anything funny!" He keeps the other gun cocked at his head. If his 'faux gun arm' is knocked out of the way, he'll still hopefully be able to get a shot off.
Show,I'm guessing I shot the other doorman dead then?

Return to “Raiko's Masks of Nyarlathotep Game”