Masks Chit Chat.

At long last the Stars are almost Right. Soon Nyarlathotep's plans will come to fruition. Then the world will be changed irrevocably -- but not quite yet. Pesky human investigators have learned much, but can they survive long enough to make sense of what they know?

Moderators: Laraqua, Raiko

Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years

Re: Masks Chit Chat.

Post by Raiko »

Sorry I've been dead busy again at work. :mad:

I should be able to post in each thread sometime today - and also start the private forum for the cops.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

That's okay, I've been busy lately too. I do have the next week off from work, so I'll have some free time coming up.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Good news. The project that has taken up all of my time at work for the last six months or so is finally complete, so hopefully I can now resume a more leisurely schedule – giving me time to run my online games again. :)

I’ve really missed being able to regularly post here, so I hope everyone’s still prepared to play this game.

I’ll send everyone a PM today, to check who’s still around, and I’ll be reading through the last few IC posts today to try and remember exactly where we were.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back, Raiko! I'm still ready to start when you are and looking forward to joining.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
trixie
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by trixie »

No worries about the break, from my perspective at least. I'm still here when you're good to go again. Cheers
Trixie [trik-see] (n) : Name derived from an original character played on Yog
Def: One who loves chit chat threads and dramatic roleplaying moments
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Am I allowed to read the threads on the main board, or should I wait until they're moved to the Locked Threads forum before reading them?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I’d prefer you to avoid the other threads from now on, as potentially neither Jones nor Barrington will ever be truly allied with the existing investigators. A common enemy perhaps, but PC behaviour is often criminal. :)

There is also obviously the possibility that one or both of the cops are actually bad guys. I’ll going to create the OOC thread at least in the Scotland Yard forum now. Unfortunately Zielonobrody is now too busy to join us, but I’d still prefer a player character Barrington to an NPC one. Otherwise your thread will be a solo one, and I don’t like that much.

I’ve invited one player to take on the Barrington roll, if he turns it down then I’ll advertise the position.

One more bit of happy news:

Grafster will be rejoining the game. :)
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Everyone has been in touch with me now, except Jtull (who was already missing anyway), and Coffee (who I wasn't really expecting to hear from). A couple of the players mentioned that they were busy at the moment, but they're still able to post. So only Andrei and Gwen are currently NPCs.

I'm still not sure who'll be playing Barrington, but that won't hold up the main threads.

I've encountered a couple of fresh problems this week, namely the death of my trusty scanner and the fun-police at work blocking every RPG related website that I can think of including this one.

I've resolved the dead scanner by purchasing the Masks PDF (and the new PDF version of BtMoM), I didn't use my old scanner for anything else anyway.

The forums being blocked at work is a pain, but I can still get the RSS feeds, write posts at lunchtime and email them home. I'll try to post here every evening, which will hopefully get me back into a routine of posting from home again. :)

So hopefully I'm still good to go.
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Ok, but sometimes it's nice to aim for every other day. I've become more relaxed in the every day posting. Am I lazy? Self admittedly so! But maybe I just have a lot of games to keep up with.

Anyways no worries if it turns out to be every other day....I'm pretty easy going. Or maybe it's Canadians in general. I'd like to think that, until I drive in rush hour traffic on the Port Mann again. LOL
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I'm still aiming to post everyday myself, although I'll allow each thread to progress at the pace the players set. Hopefully I'll keep everything in sync.

It's taking me a little while to get back into a routine with these games, but I'm very excited to be active on here again. I love both these campaigns, and I'll never get to play CoC as a tabletop RPG (not without disguising it as a different RPG anyway), as a few of my regular tabletop players dislike CoC too much.

Thanks for the PM Trixie, I'll NPC Nethaniel until DSIG gets back.

We now have a player for Barrington; he'll be run by Ghost_1971, who plays Callum McDonald in my BtMoM game and is also part of my tabletop RPG group.

Ghost doesn't have a lot of experience with CoC apart from the Mountains of Madness game, and doesn't own the rules, so it'll probably take a few days to sort out his character. I'll see him tonight though, so hopefully I'll be able to start off the Scotland Yard part of the game early next week. :)

Depending on how the parallel thread go with the Scotland Yard characters, there are a few similar things that I might try out later in the campaign, forum games give some really good options that aren't available in a tabletop game, and I'm keen to make this adventure as epic as possible for you all. :D (or should it be :twisted:)

I'm also hoping to knock together some nice floorplans, lots of important areas don't have plans in the book, and those that exist are pretty basic.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Cool beans! I'm looking forward to getting started.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Sorry, I messed up.
I've written the next set of posts at work, but forgot to email them home. :(
I think I should be able to post them when I arrive in work tomorrow by emailing the text home and then using my phone to make the actual posts. Otherwise it'll be 24 hours from now before I'm home again.

This won't happen again, I'll make sure I email all post text home immediately, rather than saving the document.

I the meantime I'll finally take a look at Mr Handy's character!
Grafster
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Grafster »

hey!

Glad to see everybody is up and talking about there gaming experiences.
For the present I'm going to focus on keeping Johnny posted/updated; don't mean to be anti-social but I've struggled before and I'm solidly in KISS territory right now.

Also very happy that we're gonna have people playing different actors in the story. That sort of pushing is, I think, where PbP really excels.

Looking forward to seeing this great game go forward!
Johnny's rolls & Character Sheet
English: Purple | Chinese (Cantonese):Green
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Hmm, I'm pretty sure my games are cursed - I get back into the swing of it and the forums go offline!

Anyway, Lee's got the board going again, so I'll get posting again - it'll probably be tomorrow as I need to remember what my next posts were going to be. :?

BTW: Please can anyone who wasn't in communication with me during the outage please PM me their email address. If anything every does go permanently wrong with this forum, then I do intend to continue the game somewhere, but I was worried that I might not be able to reach every player.

I've got contact details for Decrepit, and also for Imme (assuming you got my email when I resumed posting last month), and I was in touch with most of the rest of you. But I couldn't contact Laraqua or Jtull.

BTW: Laraqua I'm waiting on Maksim in the Soho thread.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Sorry for the slow posting guys, I've been really, really busy at work
for a couple of weeks.

That job's finished now so I should be able to pick up the pace again
now.

I'm assuming that everyone knows the forums are back up now, but I'll
email anyone who's inactive for a couple of days after I resume posting.

Laraqua's been offline for ages, so I'll NPC Maks for the time being.

@Trixie: That means I'm counting on you to keep Timour and Maks
alive! :twisted:

@Mr Handy: Sorry to take so long getting the Scotland Yard stuff
going.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

That's okay, I've been busy myself. I'm still here and ready to go when you are.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
trixie
Disciple
Disciple

Post by trixie »

Oops just saw this sorry....yes I'll keep Timour going on his belly dancing....er.....information pursuits. LOL

Dsigfuss is sick as a dog...no posts from him til next week.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Damn, I can't believe it how long it's took to resume this!

Sorry, I was all geared up to resume as soon as the forum reappeared,
and then a slightly busy schedule (no where near as bad as before
either) hits me and the weeks just start rolling past. :oops:

@Trixie: No worries, I wasn't waiting for you, the delay is
entirely my fault.

@Laraqua:
Good to have you back! :)
Grafster
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Grafster »

Looks like RSS got turned back on, will make it easier for me to know when stuffs up.
Johnny's rolls & Character Sheet
English: Purple | Chinese (Cantonese):Green
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

I'm still checking this thread everyday for new posts, but it's looking ominously dead now. :(

I know that Grafster is still active.
I know that Mr Handy is still keen to join, as is Ghost1971 (although I
keep forgetting to help him generate his character for Inspector
Barrington).

Trixie posts as long as I remind her.
DSIGFUSS was on his vacation the last I heard.

But what of the others?

Imme and Decrepit haven't logged into the forums since before the big outage. I've emailed them both, but to no avail.
Laraqua is much quieter on the forums in general these days, hopefully she'll continue with Maks if I prompt her.
Jtull's been online, but Gwen's on her own just at the moment anyway.

I really don't want this game to stop, but what does everyone want to do?

I'm sure that I can post most days now, so long as there's something to respond to, and I'd really like the game to gather pace again.

Please post here to let me know:
a) are you still interested in playing this game?
b) how often per week or day you think you can post?
c) what you think we should do?

I'm thinking that, as I'd hate to loose Imme and Decrepit, I'd rather wait a couple more weeks to see if they return, but I don't want to loose any more players. I can make use of the time to get Mr Handy and Ghost started, and to get my BtMoM game going again. :)

Trixie and Laraqua, I'd equally hate to loose you two playing the Rukovs, but you both seem really busy at the moment.

I'd estimate that I can post 4-5 times per week at the moment, and I'd have time to post in each of the necessary IC threads every time. I think that as the campaign is so long, it needs everybody posting at least 3 times per week to get anywhere.

I'm going to sent a PM to each player as well, to give the best chance of everyone knowing the game is active.

I actually love this campaign enough that I'm prepared to keep it going, even if only a couple of players remain - Welsh has reinvigorated his
Lure campaign a few times since he took it over, so I'm quite prepared to do the same thing if I need to, but I'd much rather keep the same
players if possible.

Return to “Raiko's Masks of Nyarlathotep Game”