IC: Return to Soho - Maksim & Nethaniel

At long last the Stars are almost Right. Soon Nyarlathotep's plans will come to fruition. Then the world will be changed irrevocably -- but not quite yet. Pesky human investigators have learned much, but can they survive long enough to make sense of what they know?

Moderators: Laraqua, Raiko

Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 18 years

Re: IC: Return to Soho - Maksim & Nethaniel

Post by Raiko »

Near to Euston Station - London
8:15pm - Thursday 29th January, 1925

Menkheper replies, "I can try to draw you a map, but it would not be accurate, there are many tiny country roads in the area near Misr House. If you hope to find the house in a hurry, you will need me to show you way."

He reacts, in horror to Maksim's question, "Tricks! Tricks? You might not believe this, but they are not tricks. Tewfik is no circus conjurer, he and Mr Gavigan are sorcerers of great power."

"They can draw upon the power of the Black Pharaoh and call his servants into our world to do their bidding. The most monstrous of these entities demand the sacrifice of unwilling victims. This is what he will use your friend and the policeman for, their suffering will call a mighty demon into our dimension, and it will hunt us down and destroy us!"

Menkheper slumps forward in his seat and begins to cry.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Nethaniel grimaces at the mention of demon conjuring. He believes Menkheper all too well, not to take his threats to heart. The librarian hopes he might have a bit longer to study some of the artificats they found in the spice shop. Perhaps one fo them can be used to help their cause.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by Laraqua »

"What magical powers then?" asked Maksim drily, still not sounding impressed.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

What is more magical than calling demons into our world?" sobs Menkheper.

"Also I have seen Tewfik wipe the mind from a man from across a room. The man was a traitor, he threatened to expose the Brotherhood if he was not allowed to leave. With a single word Tewfik reduced the man to a drooling vegetable, he could not even remember how to use a toilet."

It starts to rain, the heavy drops patter onto the Bentley's windscreen. At least this will clear away the last of the fog for a day or two.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"How many men does he have working for him? Any women? I mean, working for him as in likely to be with him at the moment."

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

"As I said, there will be about twenty or thirty followers there tonight, they might not all already be with Tewfik and Mister Gavigan, but they will all reach Misr House faster than we could hope to."

"Only a few will be women, less than half a dozen. Women are chattel, fit only for sacrifice to our great lord!"

Menkheper pauses for a moment, aware of his precarious situation, "At least that is what Tewfik would say."
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Gads! exclaims Nethaniel.

Tewfik controls that creature that assialed us in the alley... We narrowly escaped with our bloody lives. In all honesty.. I smashed a mirror in Tewfik's spice shop that I had suspected was a key instrument in Tewfik's summonings. I fear I may have been off the mark though by the bloody sounds of it..

Bollocks! If we have any chance of saving Gwen.. We are going to need one hell of alot of guns. and at least some basic understanding of the principals Tewfik is utilizing to manipulate these demons so we can put a stop to him. I have to get back to those books...

Step on it Maks!
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Maksim nods. "Don't want to get us pulled over, but I'll see what I can do."

He increases speed. "Any idea where we can get more guns?" He throws this question out to all of those in the car. He's not about to judge who would know a good fence.

Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

"I might know a man who can get what you want," replies Menkheper cagily.

He glances back at Nethaniel, "Though I hear he does not like the English much."
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Nethaniel smiles wryly and continues to keep his pidtol trained on Menkheper.

You say?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Is he Irish?" asked Maksim, reaching for the only group he knows who particularly dislikes the English.

Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Menkheper nods, "Yes an Irishman."

He scowls as he adds, "I am only helping you, because otherwise I am a dead man."

Menkheper lowers his voice as though the Irishman might be able to hear him here, "Some of Tewfik's men obtained revolvers from this man, Sean McNulty, but Halim said that he has better guns and explosives. He fought against the British in the uprising, but fled the country rather than fighting in the civil war. He fought alongside Michael Collins in the uprising and blames the English for betraying him and causing the civil war. And for his death too."

"According to Halim, McNulty told him he'd never again spill a drop of Irish blood, but the only good Englishman's a dead Englishman."

"Halim thought this was very funny. He said to me 'If this Irishman hates the English so, then why move to London? Truely the Irish are mad!' "
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"That's a good point," said Maksim, chuckling and simultaneously feeling awkward about hearing this reminscence from a man they'll likely need to kill by the end of this - about a man who they'll certainly have to kill. "Irish don't have anything against Russian Americans, do they? America did have a revolution to throw off English control." Maksim's not planning on letting Nethaniel follow him when there's a bad man to cover. "Where could we find him?"

Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

"No I think he only hates the English. He can be found by asking at a pub called O'Leary's in Camden Town it is very close to here, just keep on this road. It is about half a mile past Euston Station."
OOC,Note that you're currently driving north on Tottenham Court Road, close to Johnny's rendezvous place near Euston Station. Camden Town is nearby.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

We'll need some currency then and I'm sure I dont have enough for the arsenal we'll be needing to acquire now now do I? We'll need to meet up with some of our more wealthier allies before me meet McNulty...

And I'm assuming this Irish gentelman takes English pounds still?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Good point," said Maksim, still heading to their primary destination. Andrei might be prone to running off cold-cocked, but he wanted to make sure he had all his ducks in a row. They won't save Gwen if they die trying.... "How do we arrange a meeting?"

Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

Approaching Euston Station
8:20pm - Thursday 29th January, 1925

Menkheper replies, "You apparently arrange a meeting through the landlord of O'Leary's or by speaking to McNulty yourself if he's at the pub."

The Bentley is now approaching Euston Station, the Railway Inn, Johnny's chosen rendezvous point can be seen a hundred yards ahead. There is space to park on the street nearby.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Maksim parks the car. "We'll wait here till we see the others."

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc- Where are Nethaniel's trinkets and stuff he found at the spice shop. He has a big black case he keeps his folded up crossbow and a few odds and ends. Is it in there since we left our hotel not planning on comiong back. If he has some spare time he will begin examining any literature he had found, looking for clues as to how they should best approach the more arcane portion of this rescue mission.
Raiko
Admin
Admin

Post by Raiko »

OOC,All of Nethaniel's items are either on his person, or in the trunk of the Bentley. I've just assumed that you left as little as possible at the hotel, so things like weapons and the painting from Miles Shipley are also in the car trunk
Yalesha asks, "How long do you think your friends will take to arrive?"
OOC,In case you're not sure, Johnny's suggestion was to all try and meet up here by noon tomorrow.

Return to “Raiko's Masks of Nyarlathotep Game”