Together in Irem

New York City, 1933.

A man is missing and the girl wants him found. What more do you need to know?

This game will be run using the Trail of Cthulhu (copyright (c)2009 Pelgrane Press).

Moderator: Gaffer

Dexter Ford
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 7 months

Re: Together in Irem

Post by Dexter Ford »

As they follow the trail into the graveyard, Dex uses his free hand to cross himself and pray for divine assistance.
OOC,Calling on a Pillar of Stability to keep him sane enough to see this through.
He looks to Delores, catching his breath. "Are you telling me Alphonse is here with us? Could that be him down below?"
He listens to the approaching shuffling sound. "I say we figure out what is down below. Whoever or whatever it is in trouble."

Dex starts for the steps, unless Delores pulls him elsewhere.
Delores Brown
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 6 months

Post by Delores Brown »

"I don't know, Dex," replies Delores. She glances between the shuffling noise, the mausoleum and the nearby sarcophagi before reluctantly letting herself be drawn down the steps.
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Gaffer »

After a few steps down there isn't enough light to see your hand in front of your face. As Delores fumbles in her purse for her flashlight, the shuffling sound gets louder, closer. Looking back up to the outside, framed in the doorway, you see --

A stench of ammonia wafts down the stone flags to assail your nostrils.

Are they tracking the blood trail? Your scent? Impossible to know.
"Two in the head, you know he's dead." <heh>
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Philulhu »

Delores screams and drops her bag. Stumbling backwards, she pulls out her shotgun and shoots at the nearest creature.
Dexter Ford
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Dexter Ford »

Dex sees the creatures following and realizes bullets didn't do a whole lot of good. He'll scramble for Delores' bag and flashlight, seeing if her shotgun blasts have any effect before he draws his own weapon with the few remaining bullets.
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

Delores Shotgun: rolled 2 using 1d6.

There is a curiously flat report and shotgun pellets seem to spew out in slow motion toward the lead beast. But when they strike among the tentacles quivering on its snout, a fine spray of ochre gel splatters. With a low moan, the creature scrambles away, its companion trailing behind.
Dexter Ford
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Dexter Ford »

Once the creatures have been driven away, Dex will continue down into the darkness, using the flashlight to illuminate whatever lays in store for them.
"Damn it, we need to find a way home."
Delores Brown
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Delores Brown »

Shaking her head mutely with tears rolling down her face, Delores shuffles down the stairs, her gun still pointing towards the opening should the creatures make a reappearance.
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

Delores's flashlight flickers on and off (probably the result of being dropped) and the batteries seem to be waning. The stench becomes greater with each step deeper into the darkness. When they are below the level of the surrounding ground, the steps end in a dank stone chamber with a vaulted ceiling. The odor is so great that both are breathing through their mouths to avoid gagging. There are several catafalques bearing shroud-wrapped figures, seeming too long and bulky to be human and apparently the source of the stench.

From deeper in the chamber, behind one of the platforms comes the sobbing sound. Finally, slumped in a damp corner, they find a man in the remnants of a tweed suit. Playing the light on his grimy face, they recognize Alphonse Hirt, or what’s left of him anyway.

His limbs are almost as cold as the stone they rest on. A massive gouge has been raked across his chest and abdomen, but apparently hasn't damaged any internal organs, though his shirt and trousers are plentifully soaked in blood.
he is only semiconscious.

Make a First Aid spend.

Hirt is muttering, just loudly enough to make out some of his words: “...tower ...bridge... late… tell Guy I’ll be late Merivana...Merivana? Where’s Marlene? Moon-bridge… Moon-bridge ...only way back ...Chrysler’s the way...”
Delores Brown
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Delores Brown »

"Oh you poor man..." whispers Delores as she kneels down next to Hirt. She reaches out towards him then pauses, not really sure what she can do to help...
OOC,Delores doesn't appear to have any First Aid points to spend.
Dexter Ford
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Dexter Ford »

Dex sees what he can do.
Roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3418875/]1d6=5[/url]
If that works, Dex will take off his leather jacket, tear up his shirt for bandages, then slip on the leather jacket again.

He then looks at Delores. "Did you see the Chrysler Building? Do you have any idea what a moon bridge is?"
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

Hirt thrashes feebly as Dex binds his wounds. By the time he's finished, the flashlight is barely glowing, but Hirt looks somewhat stronger and is no longer leaking blood. At least not so freely.

As to the Chrysler Building, you both have seen a pale simulacrum intermittently glowing on this side of the bridge over which you have come.
Delores Brown
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Delores Brown »

"I saw it!" cries Delores fervently. "It's not far - is that our way home?"
Dexter Ford
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Dexter Ford »

"According to Alphonese it seems to be. Let me see if I can move him, though it will be slow." Dex picks up the wounded man in a fireman's carry and nods to Delores. "Lead on my dear. Let us get home before anyone else gets hurt and see if Hirt here can be healed better than the job I did."
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

Dex,Carrying Hirt costs 1 Athletics point.
Retracing their path through the twisting alleyways takes some time, but isn't difficult. As they near the street, they hear the clangor of another procession and pause at the last turning, peeking occasionally to watch the parade until it is past. Delores takes advantage of the halt to reload the shotgun with two of her last three shells. Once the procession is past, Dex shoulders his burden again and they follow.

The white image of the Chrysler Building rises over the lower edifices of the Nameless City, as Dex and Delores follow in the wake of the procession ahead of them. finally, this boulevard bebouches into an enormous white-paved plaza, like several other avenues radiating out into the city. The white tower stands over a basalt crypt, a tomb for something vast and ancient. The plaza around it heaves with the mingled marchers of a score of processions, all raising their music and voices in a cacophony of competing sound.
Dex,Carrying Hirt costs another 1 Athletics point.
From behind comes the din of another procession, forcing them into the plaza on the fringes of the maddened crowd.
Dexter Ford
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Dexter Ford »

GM,I'll carry Hirt until I run out of points or I am just physically unable to move him any further. Honor, protect and serve, all that jazz.
Dex will move quietly, except for the sound of carrying the wounded Hirt. When they get to the square, he looks to Delores. "Do you think there is anyway to get around all of this without being seen?" He reshoulders Hirt carefully. "And we need to hurry. I am not sure how much longer I can carry him."
Delores Brown
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Delores Brown »

OOC,[i]What are the marchers doing? Are they moving on or waiting? Are any of them near the crypt? Is there any sort of ceremony going on? Just need a bit more background info before I post ;) [/i]
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

Abruptly, as the end of the last procession files into the plaza, all sound ceases and the marchers stand expectantly. Almost all eyes are riveted on the entrance to the crypt.
Delores Brown
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Delores Brown »

"What do you want to do?" whispers Delores, gripping her shotgun nervously. "Do we make a run for the crypt?"
Dexter Ford
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Dexter Ford »

"I am not sure run is a real option with the wounded guy. I mean I am willing to give it the old college try. But if that turns out to be a trap...I am not sure I'll have the wherewithal to carry him out again."
Dex looks at Delores. "I can't shoot and carry Hirt. My Colt probably has a few rounds left if you need it". He shows her his shoulder holster. "Grab it while we move if the situation warrants. Which I guess means we run for it and hope we are right."

Return to “Find Him, Please (Trail of Cthulhu)”