Wed Sep 6 - 224 Bay Street

New York City, 1933.

A man is missing and the girl wants him found. What more do you need to know?

This game will be run using the Trail of Cthulhu (copyright (c)2009 Pelgrane Press).

Moderator: Gaffer

Dexter Ford
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 7 months

Re: Wed Sep 6 - 224 Bay Street

Post by Dexter Ford »

Dex sees the remaining cultists and curses. Deciding to fire into the mass of them, he pulls both weapons, the trusty .45 and the backup .38 and pulls the triggers.
"Damn them, they are like cockroaches. Is there an end to them?"
When they get too close, Dex throws a right punch.

Dex fires:
.45 3, 6
.38 3, 4

(OOC: If I have any firearms left, I'd add 1 point to each to make them hit.)

Scuffling roll (with 3 spends): 4+3=7

Damage: (.45) 6, (.38) 3

(If I got to do the additional successful hits, the damage would be: 6, 2)

(Hmm invisiblecastle seems to be down, so I used a different online dice roller.)
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Gaffer »

Dex puts down three of the mob, though one takes two shots with the .38. As the rest close, he smacks one with the .45 and the guy stumbles past him and presumably into the pool, though Dex hears no splash in all the tumult.

Then two are grappling Dex and one Two-Gun, wrestling them back into the circle of light that surrounds the pool. There's an almost electric hum as the flat white light envelopes the struggling group. The men's gasps and grunts seem flat and tinny. Dex's hat comes off and feels like it's being whipped upward.

[Two-Gun rolled 8 using 1d6+2 for Scuffling (Target 3). His opponent rolled 7 using 1d6+3 for Scuffling.]

From the corner of his eye, Dex sees Two-Gun's pistols hit the ground, as he drops them for a better grip on his man, pushing him back a couple of steps.

[Dex, roll two Scuffling contests; you have to drop one gun to spend 1 point, both to spend 2 or more. With two opponents, your target number is 4 and you have 3 points remaining. You may use one Firearms test, but your target number will be 5; you have 0 points remaining.]
"Two in the head, you know he's dead." <heh>
Dexter Ford
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 7 months

Post by Dexter Ford »

Dex realizes with two of them coming at him, he better do something drastic. The first thing he does is drop the .38 to get a better grasp on one of the two cultists, then he fires the .45 into one of the two, hopefully beneath his chin. He'll then do his best to grapple with the other guy if the shot one goes down.

"You okay over there, Two-Guns?"

Online dice rolls:
6 (Avg: 6.0) (this is for the .45 pistol shot...yay, it seems I make it!)

4 (Avg: 4.0) (Scuffling #1: having dropped a pistol earlier, I'll add 1 to this to get a 5!)

1 (Avg: 1.0) (Scuffling #2: having dropped a pistol earlier, I'll add 1 to this to get a 2, boo!)

Damage roll for the .45
5 (Avg: 5.0) (yay!)

Source: http://www.roll-dice-online.com/
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Gaffer »

[Cultists Scuffling rolled 12 using 2d6 with rolls of 6,6.]

Dex manages to grab the first mook that hits him, jamming his .45 into the guy's body and pulling the trigger. He feels that cultist sag and slip to the ground, his hands clenching at the pistol. But the second assailant is a big guy who slams into Dex like a bus, knocking him backwards. As one foot slips from the crumbling edge, Dex twists his head to see the moon's reflection filling the pool completely...impossibly.

Then he and his opponent are both falling upward, the wind rushing past them with a sound like a speeding train.

Please continue in the thread: Dex on His Own.
"Two in the head, you know he's dead." <heh>

Return to “Find Him, Please (Trail of Cthulhu)”