Wed Sep 6 - Red Hook

New York City, 1933.

A man is missing and the girl wants him found. What more do you need to know?

This game will be run using the Trail of Cthulhu (copyright (c)2009 Pelgrane Press).

Moderator: Gaffer

FrankyEsposito
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 7 months

Re: Wed Sep 6 - Red Hook

Post by FrankyEsposito »

Athletics,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2992050/]1d6=1[/url]
I try to chase him, but my knee gives out again. It hasn't been this bad since Charley Sullivan bowled me over at second base back in, hell, I don't even remember what year that was.

"Stop! Stop, damn you, or I'll shoot!"
Dexter Ford
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Dexter Ford »

Dex, realizing he can't really catch the guy on foot, runs back to his car and drags Delores along. "Sorry about not being a gentleman and all, by opening the door, but get in and ride shotgun. Literally. If you get a chance to scare the guy with that alley sweeper, do so." He runs to the car, jamming his revolver in his shoulder holster, pulling the keys out of the pants with pocket with his other hand.

He'll do his best to use his car to "run" down the fleeing suspect, without actually physically running him over.
Spoiler:
Sorry about the non post this week. Its the end of the semester,both as a college professor and as a doctoral student. Work has just piled up for much of these last two weeks. Things will be much better after Wednesday the 27th.
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Gaffer »

Behind Esposito, O'Donough fires two warning shots in the air. Everyone on Richard Street ducks for cover -- except the guy they're chasing. Corydon runs past Franky, followed in a moment by his partner.

Franky, knee throbbing, can't take a shot without risk to the two cops, Behind him, he hears a car engine roar up and Dex screeches to a stop beside him. As Esposito jumps onto the driver side running board, he sees the guy turn left into Dikeman Street. Dex takes off after him. In the passenger seat, Delores has checked to make sure the shotgun's loaded.
"Two in the head, you know he's dead." <heh>
Delores Brown
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 6 months

Post by Delores Brown »

Delores opens the car window and settles the sawn-off against the cill, trying to hold the weapon steady as the car bucks beneath her.
Dexter Ford
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Dexter Ford »

Dex will drive as quickly as he can, without being unduly risk taking. He will do his best to give Delores and Esposito the best chance to do whatever they plan on doing to the guy they are pursuing.
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

Dex careens into Dikeman Street. There are a number of pedestrians on the sidewalks and one or two crossing the street. He picks out their quarry about halfway down the block, running flat out.

Dex steps on the gas and is catching up when a milk bottle sails out of the alley and shatters on the windshield, starting a long transverse crack low down. A flung stone takes Esposito high on the left shoulder, but he keeps his grip.

By the time Dex gets back up to speed, the guy they're after has ducked down Dwight.
Delores Brown
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Delores Brown »

Delores flinches as the bottle shatters across the windscreen. She swings the sawn-off in the direction of the alley and pulls the trigger, the single shot blowing out a cornerstone, showering anyone in the alley with stone fragments. Breaking open the shotgun, she hooks her nails under the brass ring and lifts the empty cartridge, dropping it to the floor of the vehicle before replacing it with a fresh one. Snapping the weapon shut, she smiles grimly and leans it back against the cill, ready for the next attack.
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

The shotgun blast effectively clears the street.
Dexter Ford
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Dexter Ford »

Dex takes one hand off the wheel and grasps for his revolver. Take the pistol by the butt, he smashes at the cracked glass, warning everyone as he tries to knock the glass free. He keeps his eyes on the fleeing man, leaving the others to watch for more trouble. He yells back
"Esposito, you okay back there?"
FrankyEsposito
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by FrankyEsposito »

I can't hear what he's saying, but I can see his lips moving in the mirror. I'm not much of a lip reader, but I can make out "okay" if nothing else. I give a quick thumbs-up and go back to scanning the alley.
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

It's getting harder to see in the deepening darkness as Dex drives down Dwight Street. Several street lamps are out, adding to the gloom. Then Esposito spots him at the end of the block, angling into Bay Street at a walk, hand pressed to his side.
Dexter Ford
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Dexter Ford »

Dex will make sure the headlights on his car are on, and then drive as quickly as possible in the oncoming gloom to make it near the running figure. Hopefully this guy will have the answers we need. "Hold on...let's see if we can get this guy to give us some answers"
Delores Brown
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Delores Brown »

"Do you want me to try to stop him?" asks Delores. "Not to shoot him," she says quickly, "Just a shot over his head to slow him down."
FrankyEsposito
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by FrankyEsposito »

I'm looking real hard -- trying to see if he's got a gun in his hand. If he so much as twitches, I'm gonna put one in his leg.
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

Dex pulls up alongside of the guy and Delores covers him with the shotgun. He throws up his empty hands and collapses to the pavement.

Behind you you hear at least one police siren coming up.
Dexter Ford
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Dexter Ford »

Dex will pull the car to a halt, making sure the guy doesn't try to run or do anything else stupid.
He also glances around the area where they have halted, leaving any interrogation of the guy to Esposito and Delores.
Delores Brown
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Delores Brown »

Delores quickly climbs out of the car, keeping the sawn-off pointed at the man. She steps to one side, making sure the man can't grab her, giving Esposito room to get in and talk to him.
FrankyEsposito
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by FrankyEsposito »

I'll keep my gun trained on him and slap the irons on. Once he's cuffed I'll search him... and I won't be gentle about it.

"You want to talk here?" I realize that I'm shouting -- the shotgun blast is still ringing in my ears. "Or maybe you want to go downtown, see if they still remember how to use a rubber hose?"
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

Esposito relieves the fellow of a switchblade and a wallet. When asked about going downtown, he sneers and says, "No Inglees."

A small crowd is gathering when the squad car pulls up and a couple of uniforms get out with Corydon and O’Donough. Jerry and the other two cops start pushing back the crowd, but Corydon hustles over to Franky with something in his hands.

“We found this under th’ front seat o’ th’ coupe,” he holds out a woman’s shoe, “An’ this in th’ rumble seat.” It’s a woman’s handbag and Pat reaches in and pulls out a wallet. The driving license is for Marlene Hirt.

An old woman, eyes wild and hair matted, slips past Jerry O’Donough (Hey!”) and scurries over to Franky, grabbing his hand and kissing it. Her filthy clothes and sour odor make it apparent that she's been living on the streets.

"Detec-a-tive Esposito, Dios le bendice y protege. You gotta one, kill’im quick. Ptuu! she spits on the guy, who snarls at her, “Issa name Rewan anna thatsa ‘is ‘ouse. Issa all their ‘ouse – 224! Burna down!”

She points at the middle of the next block of Bay Street.
FrankyEsposito
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by FrankyEsposito »

I wave the wallet and shoe in his face. "You'd best find some Inglees fast, bo." -- I give him a good poke in the chest to emphasize -- "Or you're gonna get The Big One. I'll bet them goons up at Sing Sing are gonna love a weak sister like you."

I give him a few to think about his predicament. Then I get right up in is face, eyeball to eyeball. I'm seething, but I do my best to reign it in. Now's the time for cool, Franky. "Now, tell me what happened to this dame you snatched. Come on, spill it, or I'll let these two crazy dames fill you with daylight."

Return to “Find Him, Please (Trail of Cthulhu)”