Tue Sep 5 - Langdon

New York City, 1933.

A man is missing and the girl wants him found. What more do you need to know?

This game will be run using the Trail of Cthulhu (copyright (c)2009 Pelgrane Press).

Moderator: Gaffer

Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Tue Sep 5 - Langdon

Post by Gaffer »

A brand new day.
"Two in the head, you know he's dead." <heh>
Langdon
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 7 months

Re: Tue Sep 5 - Langdon

Post by Langdon »

So... to the office then. Seems so quiet and dull compared to the excitement of the weekend. I hardly hear half the conversations I have at the water cooler, they just seem like faint echoes. My mind is somewhere else... at our meeting tonight.
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

It's mid-morning when you realize that you could use property and tax records to find something out about Koslov's Gallery.
Langdon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Langdon »

<I'll use my Bureaucratic connections to dig up what I can on Koslov's>
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

Langdon spends a few hours trawling through property records, permit records, tax records, litigation records, etc. He finds quite a bit.

The building at 13 Thomas Street is owned by Burton, Eliot & Finney, Inc. It's a long-established property investment firm. Langdon remembers going to school with the youngest of the Finney sons. Hieronymus Koslov leases the building for commercial purposes, but his business license renewal is a couple of months overdue. So is his rent. Burton, Eliot & Finney have filed for eviction and seizure of assets and obtained an order, but Koslov got it stayed, claiming that the artwork in his gallery is mostly on consignment, not his property, and that he has been unable to locate a number of the artists to return their pieces. Burton, Eliot & Finney agreed to the stay, rather than become responsible for storing and safeguarding the art themselves. Koslov's residential address is also 13 Thomas Street; he apparently lives over the shop.

When he gets back to his office, there's a message from Dex, asking to meet at the Main Branch of the New York Public Library at 2:00. It's almost that now.
Langdon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Langdon »

Well, that hardly seems like Finney. There must be a reason he doesn't want the art. I'll check up on that later. I ask my secretary to hold my calls as I head to the library.
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

Spoiler:
ooc, To be clear, the Finney you know is the son of the Finney in this firm, though he may work for his dad.
Langdon can join Dex's thread when he gets to the library.
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

Langdon has met Dex at the library and told him what he discovered about Koslov's Art. They're on their way there now.

Return to “Find Him, Please (Trail of Cthulhu)”