Mon Sep 4 - Flannigan's

New York City, 1933.

A man is missing and the girl wants him found. What more do you need to know?

This game will be run using the Trail of Cthulhu (copyright (c)2009 Pelgrane Press).

Moderator: Gaffer

Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: Mon Sep 4 - Flannigan's

Post by Gaffer »

[OoC - So what do you see as the leads that need to be followed up? So far, I hear Koslov's Art and the necklace and Marlene Hirt's apartment. I'll just mention that Hirt's agent, Guy Grenville, and the Kaynak Bilginin bookstore (Saljuk Yilmaz, owner) where Hirt got his books (and mentioned by Malone) are in Brooklyn.]

The waiter presents the bill.
"Two in the head, you know he's dead." <heh>
Langdon
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 6 months

Post by Langdon »

"On the taxpayer's dime, my friend!" I cheerfully lay over a couple bills to cover the whole tab, trying to lighten the mood. Seeing the others don't find it quite so funny, "At least two of us draw our salaries from public funds, right?"
Dexter Ford
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Dexter Ford »

"Alright, so the plan is for me to head to the university in the morning to check on the necklace and few other clues about this cult, while the rest of you partly deal with day jobs before checking into some of the remaining sources of info? Who plans to do what besides work?" Dex smiles, finishing his beer and nodding thanks as Langdon covers the bill.

OOC:
Spoiler:
Once the bill is paid and everyone is on their way,Dex will try to stop by the theater to see Lila. If not, he will head for home and a good night's rest.
FrankyEsposito
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by FrankyEsposito »

"I'm going to see what else I can dig up on Miss Azaff and Miss Hirt. And I think I'll go take a look at the apartment."
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

Dex,Lila is thrilled to see you in her dressing room, but shocked that you're hurt. She insists that you just drop her at her place and then go home and [color=#0000FF]"get to bed like a good boy."[/color]
[ooc - so here's what I get:

Franky will go to roll call in the morning, then up to Marlene Hirt's apartment to sniff around.

Dex will go over to Fordham and try to find somebody who can tell him anything about the necklace and "this cult" (may need to refine his search terms a bit).

Delores will go do her interview in Brooklyn <music sting>. And then...

Langdon will go to his office in the morning. And then...

You should figure where and when you will gather again. Post that here in this thread and I'll start Tuesday threads for everyone.]
Dexter Ford
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Dexter Ford »

So, everyone fine with the plans? I say we try to meet back here by 7 tomorrow night?

Dex will say his good nights and head back to his apartment, where he will take care of the wound, redressing it and checking it for infection.
Then its the usual routine for a trip to slumber-land.
Calling it a night, he'll turn in and worry about exact plans for tomorrow in the morning.
Langdon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Langdon »

OOC: Was there anything Langdon could check on while in the office? File papers for background checks or whatnot?

I'll send a car for Dex when we're supposed to meet up so he doesn't have to drive with a bum arm.
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

Not much Langdon can check on backgrounds that Esposito can't get - and probably quicker. Now if it comes to voter rolls, tax rolls, property records, business licenses, building permits and the like, Langdon's the man.

I'm going to posit that Esposito took charge of the Alphonse and Marlene photos to get some copies made and has given each of you a set.

Also, Dex, I'll say that you have the piece of the beast's tail that your bullet clipped off. If you're going to spend the day at Fordham, you might as well drop by the Zoology department.
FrankyEsposito
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by FrankyEsposito »

Gaffer wrote:I'm going to posit that Esposito took charge of the Alphonse and Marlene photos to get some copies made and has given each of you a set.
OOC: Esposito had forgotten about those completely. Thanks for jogging my, urrr, his memory.
Delores Brown
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Delores Brown »

OOC: Back from hols, it's taken a bit longer to catch up than expected.

Delores will try the art shop again - there was someone there last time so she'll see if they want to talk this time (assuming she's not contacted in the meantime).

Return to “Find Him, Please (Trail of Cthulhu)”