Mon Sep 4 - Thomas Street

New York City, 1933.

A man is missing and the girl wants him found. What more do you need to know?

This game will be run using the Trail of Cthulhu (copyright (c)2009 Pelgrane Press).

Moderator: Gaffer

Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: Mon Sep 4 - Thomas Street

Post by Gaffer »

Langdon,Spend noted: The muck on the waders is not from any trout stream. There's a detectable odor of diesel and sewage -- probably along some of the docks of which Manhattan and Brooklyn have many. There's also a bluish mud that you think might be distinctive; but it'll probably need an expert to tell more. When you hold them up in front of you, it's obvious that Merivana/Marlene could never use them -- too long.
Esposito -- You don't need a warrant. you can just badge your way in past the doorman and the super, if you suspect it may be a crime scene against the registered occupant.

Dex -- The aspirin and a bit of a rest (and a glass of Scotch) have you feeling much better when Esposito reaches you.
"Two in the head, you know he's dead." <heh>
Delores Brown
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 6 months

Post by Delores Brown »

Gaffer wrote:
Delores Brown wrote:Back to the office for Delores to catch-up, check for message and placate her editor, reassuring him that the story will be a biggie when it breaks.

She'll spend an hour or two there, getting some ideas down on paper before heading off to check out the purchase from Koslov’s Art. She'll place a call to Dex before she heads off, to check that he's ok and to let him know where she's going. She'll also leave a note on her desk with the address - just to be sure.
Koslov's Art is just a few doors away from Hirt's apartment, if you want to save the carfare. Your editor will accept a phone call.
OK.

Delores steps onto the pavement and looks down the street. She can see the sign for Koslov's Art but knows she'd better check in first - her editor gets kinda jumpy if he doesn't think she's working on a story. She checks the road for traffic then crosses over to a diner on the opposite side where she makes a quick call, reassuring him that she's getting good copy and she'll be back in the office to share it as soon as she can.

That done, she heads back over the road and down to Koslov's. She pauses momentarily to check out the art in the window before pushing the door open and stepping inside. "Hi," she calls, "Is there anyone here?"
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Gaffer »

When Delores gets to Koslov's Art, there is a sign in the door that says CLOSED.

[OOC - It's about two o'clock on Monday. Delores is at Koslov's Art, Franky is going to the Hudson Street Station, Dex is dozing in his office, and Langdon is...? I won't be posting anymore until after Origins (6/27), but feel free to discuss things in the Out of Character thread or post any other actions here.]
"Two in the head, you know he's dead." <heh>
Langdon
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 7 months

Post by Langdon »

"Detective Esposito, I'm no sleuth, but I think these waders would be too big for Merivana." I hold them up in front of me, showing how tall they are. "Also, it doesn't look like they were used for some simply trout fishing trip." I cringe as I catch a whiff of the muck on the waders. "Diesel. And sewage too. At least that's what it smells like to me. And look at this." I point to the bluish mud caked on in spots. "I'd bet this isn't anything from around here. Do you know any chemists who could tell us for sure if these were near diesel, sewage, or maybe what this blue stuff is?"

"Where would Mr. Hirt have gone with these? What would he be doing mucking around in sewers or docks or shipyards or somewhere with diesel and sewage and the like?"

"I'm going to get a hold of Dex. Do you want to hold onto these in the meantime?" I offer the detective the waders. Afterwards I make my farewells, arrange a time to meet up again (probably tomorrow), and head off to first get Dex's office address, then visit him there.
FrankyEsposito
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 7 months

Post by FrankyEsposito »

"Good catch, Langdon. I'll take them back and see what the boys in the lab think of that blue muck."

Return to “Find Him, Please (Trail of Cthulhu)”