Monday Sep 4 - Hudson Street Station

New York City, 1933.

A man is missing and the girl wants him found. What more do you need to know?

This game will be run using the Trail of Cthulhu (copyright (c)2009 Pelgrane Press).

Moderator: Gaffer

Delores Brown
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 6 months

Re: Monday Sep 4 - Hudson Street Station

Post by Delores Brown »

OOC: Nope, her boyfriend reckons she's out of town with friends for a few days.
Langdon
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 7 months

Post by Langdon »

OOC: For Keeper: Does Langdon have the fake (ie the one he went to dinner with) Miss Hirt's contact information?
OOC: For rest of the group: We had plans to meet Miss Hirt at the apartment, right?
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Gaffer »

Langdon wrote:OOC: For Keeper: Does Langdon have the fake (ie the one he went to dinner with) Miss Hirt's contact information?
OOC: For rest of the group: We had plans to meet Miss Hirt at the apartment, right?
She didn't give you any address or phone number.

Yes, you are supposed to meet Marlene at Alphonse's apartment in about ninety minutes.
"Two in the head, you know he's dead." <heh>
FrankyEsposito
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by FrankyEsposito »

There's so much to tell them and I don't quite know where to begin. A glance at the clock tells me it's going to have to wait.

"We're supposed to meet her at the apartment in, what, a little over an hour? I think we should head there now -- you guys might know the layout but I don't. I want to know what we're walking into..."
Langdon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Langdon »

OOC joking around,"We're walking into an apartment, Frank." teehee
"Well, Detective, she may not be the real Miss Hirt, but I hardly think we're in any danger."
Dexter Ford
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Dexter Ford »

"Langdon, just because she is a skirt who can dance and looks good doing so doesn't mean she isn't dangerous. She has been lying to us from the start and I don't like being played as a big palooka. She wants something, or knows something, and I am tired of playing the putz. So I agree with the detective, let's head over to Hirt's apartment, and perhaps see if anything has changed."

Dex glances over at the one woman in the group. "Miss Brown, if that was out of line, just let me know. But that fake Miss Hirt deserves a lot more than a stern talking too." He cracks his knuckles. "And that would certainly be out of line."
FrankyEsposito
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by FrankyEsposito »

I can't believe I'm going to say this. "Ford is right. This woman wants something, and if it was something good she would've just asked for it."

I take a good hard look at Langdon. Is he going dizzy for this dame? "Don't underestimate this woman, Mr. Vilas. That would be a mistake."
Dexter Ford
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Dexter Ford »

Glancing at Esposito's surprising agreement, he chuckles. "Detective, do you happen to own a pair of ice skates? Cause I think its just gotten a lot colder somewhere."
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

[OOC - You still have time to chat before Marlene expects you. Just say so when you're ready to go to see her at Alphonse's apartment.]
Delores Brown
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Delores Brown »

Dexter Ford wrote:"Langdon, just because she is a skirt who can dance and looks good doing so doesn't mean she isn't dangerous. She has been lying to us from the start and I don't like being played as a big palooka. She wants something, or knows something, and I am tired of playing the putz. So I agree with the detective, let's head over to Hirt's apartment, and perhaps see if anything has changed."

Dex glances over at the one woman in the group. "Miss Brown, if that was out of line, just let me know. But that fake Miss Hirt deserves a lot more than a stern talking too." He cracks his knuckles. "And that would certainly be out of line."
"Believe me, as much as enjoy seeing you men made to look like a bunch of easy marks, I get no pleasure in her doing it," replies Delores, "Whatever she's up to, we owe her one."
Langdon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Langdon »

"Really, you all seem to think she's some sort of thug, or criminal, or ill-intentioned deviant. Maybe she's not the real Miss Hirt. Maybe she's after Alphonse's money. But does that really give her a reason to ambush us at his apartment? And I thought I read too many of those cloak-and-dagger stories."

Langdon checks his watch. "If you're so concerned that she's going to 'get the drop on us' why don't we head over there a bit early?"
Dexter Ford
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Dexter Ford »

Dex nods at the others, and looks at Langdon. "Just as you pointed out a second ago, we really don't know what she is up to. And that is the only issue I am truly concerned about. She has been lying to us, but the issue is why?" He glances at his watch. "I think we can head over, and if we are a little early, we can always grab a cup of joe at the cafe nearby. If not, we can figure out what we are going to do when we confront her with our suspicions. If she doesn't show, where the hell are we?" Dex stand up and makes for the door as soon as they are agreed.
Langdon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Langdon »

"Now just a second, Dex. I had an idea" Langdon remarks as they walk out. "Maybe we can play her off eachother. Is that the right expression? What I mean is... what if I wait at the cafe for you to finish at the apartment. You three can 'confront' Miss Hirt, as you put it, and I won't be around, right? So then maybe I can give her a call, still on friendly terms, and maybe she'll be more willing to talk to a friend than a foe."

Langdon realizes how ridiculous that sounds. He took it right out of one of the trashy detective novels he read. Something about good cops and bad cops and confusing the suspect to get information.
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

There's a knock on the door and a uniformed patrolman sticks his head in.

"This just came for you from headquarters, Detective Esposito."

He hands Franky a thick manila envelope.
Esposito,[color=#FF8000] It's the Suydam case file.[/color]
FrankyEsposito
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by FrankyEsposito »

I flip nervously through the file and stare off into space. How much should I tell them? How much is even relevant? Am I grasping at straws or just losing my mind. Damn it, I need a drink. Several, actually, and a good night's sleep.

"Any of you remember this case from a few years back? It was a big deal at the time..." I turn the file around so they can see the name on it.
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

[The file is labeled Suydam, Robert, followed by a string of letters and numerals to indicate that it was compiled by a detective in the Brooklyn borough in 1924.]
Langdon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Langdon »

"The name sounds familiar. Didn't we talk about this already? I seem to recall knowing a daughter or sister or wife or some such."
Dexter Ford
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Dexter Ford »

I have never heard of it, even though from the looks of the file and the date, its old news. So what does it have to do with our current case?
Delores Brown
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Delores Brown »

OOC,Does the name mean anything to Delores? An old story from the paper perhaps? Umm, suspect that's a 'no'! :( [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2451536/]Does Delores know anything about Suydam? (1d100=80)[/url]
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

OOC,[color=#FF8000]It's not something Delores recalls anyone talking about at the paper. Of course, it took place several years before she arrived in New York. It may have been covered by the [i]World-Telegram[/i], though it was primarily a Brooklyn story.[/color]

Return to “Find Him, Please (Trail of Cthulhu)”