Saturday Sept 2 evening - Langdon

New York City, 1933.

A man is missing and the girl wants him found. What more do you need to know?

This game will be run using the Trail of Cthulhu (copyright (c)2009 Pelgrane Press).

Moderator: Gaffer

Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Saturday Sept 2 evening - Langdon

Post by Gaffer »

Esposito's words have unsettled you. You decide that a walk around the Central Park would be good exercise and help settle your nerves.

And it works a charm, though your stomach is still a bit unsettled from the unaccustomed weight of that lunch. The weather is definitely coolish by the time you park your auto and go upstairs.

At your apartment, Jamison, your valet, prepares a bicarbonate of soda that puts your digestion to rights. When you tell him you'll be going out again, he asks if you'll want any supper and what clothing you'll require.
"Two in the head, you know he's dead." <heh>
Langdon
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 7 months

Re: Saturday Sept 2 evening - Langdon

Post by Langdon »

Back at home, I start having second thoughts. Maybe my duty isn't to get involved, it's to make sure the proper steps are taken and in the right order. I have Jamison bring me my coal-gray wool coat and a smart deep red scarf. Properly bundled, I head over to the apartment building.
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

Soon you're backing your auto out of the garage (then getting out to close the doors) and heading for Greenwich Village. You should get there just about quarter past seven, as agreed.

<Pick up in the new thread for you and Dex.>
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

It's a short drive to Murray Hill. You lock the garage door and walk around to the entry of your building, taking the elevator up to your floor.

Your phone rings just after you give your topcoat to Jamison. He answers it. Glancing at your watch, you see that it's almost eight-thirty and wonder who might be calling at such an hour.

“Langdon Vilas residence... One moment please, I’ll see if he is at home,” pressing the receiver to his chest, he turns to you, murmuring quietly, “A Miss Marlene Hirt wishes to speak to you, sir, will you take the call?”
Langdon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Langdon »

I smilingly accept the call.

"Good evening Miss Hirt. Have you found anything else about your brother to help us find him?"
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

“Hallo, Mr. Vilas. As it happens, I’ll be back in town earlier than I had planned. I was wondering if we might have dinner and you can tell me what you and your associates have learned. I’ll be too tired to deal with a crowd of people, but I am too impatient to wait until Monday when we said we’d meet. You seem refined and a gentle-man. Shall we meet at the 21 Club at seven tomorrow evening?”
Langdon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Langdon »

"Well, uh, certainly Miss Hirt. Shall I invite my ... er ... associates? They'd be much better at telling you their discoveries than I. The 21 club sounds fine. I'll phone ahead for a reservation. It's... wonderful to hear from you again. Perhaps after all this is cleared up we could have dinner together? Well then, I'll see you tomorrow evening."

After I hang up, I call Dex and let him know. I think to myself I'm not sure the 21 Club is his sort of place, but maybe Dolores could get in. I bet she looks nice when she's all dolled up. Not like that. I mean... she seems like a very attractive woman, when she's not spitting venom.
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

I'll allow that Dex gave you his home number. There's no answer when you call after speaking with Marlene. But when I post his Sunday morning thread, you can go into it to conduct a phone call at about noon (after church services).

Return to “Find Him, Please (Trail of Cthulhu)”