Absences

New York City, 1933.

A man is missing and the girl wants him found. What more do you need to know?

This game will be run using the Trail of Cthulhu (copyright (c)2009 Pelgrane Press).

Moderator: Gaffer

FrankyEsposito
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 7 months

Re: Absences

Post by FrankyEsposito »

I'm back! Work has been a bear the past couple of weeks but should be somewhat better now.
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Gaffer »

Here's a heads up.

I'll be away from Friday morning 5/21 until Tuesday evening 5/25.

I'm going to New Haven Connecticut to see my daughter get her master's degree from Yale University.
"Two in the head, you know he's dead." <heh>
Langdon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Langdon »

Congratulations!

I will also be gone this weekend from Saturday morning through Sunday evening. Saturday is my first roller derby bout (Manny Shovitz #1890 of the TCTerrors) and Sunday I'll likely spend recuperating.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Philulhu »

I'll be away from tomorrow night until Tuesday so I'll pick up towards the end of next week.

Cheers,

Phil/Delores ;)
FrankyEsposito
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by FrankyEsposito »

FYI, my Internets are down. Verizon says it's part of a known outage and they expect to have it fixed by no later than Saturday at 9pm. You have to love it, right?

Also, it's getting close to time for Origins. I'll be gone Tues 6/22 - Sun 28. I'll probably also not be around much this weekend as I'm still wrapping up my adventures for Origins.

--john
Langdon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Langdon »

I'm not absent, but not sure where to go with my character. I'm supposed to contact Esposito: is he at his apartment?
FrankyEsposito
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by FrankyEsposito »

"Damn it, Vilas. I'm standing right here!"

I think you mean Dex, and we don't actually know where he is.
Dexter Ford
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Dexter Ford »

I think Langdon meant Dex. And all you know in character is that he went to the hospital for his injuries and I think that Myron offered to drive him. Myron should eventually be back in the lobby, but due to the time fiddly-widdly thing, I think I am at least a couple of hours out of sequence with everyone else.

Say 15 minutes to the hospital, an hour or two in the emergency room and visiting with the doc, xrays, shots, etc, and then meds, and back to his office. So anywhere from 2-3 hrs probably ahead of the rest of you. It's why I have been pretty quiet as far as posting goes.

BTW, I think Dex gave everyone his business card at one point, which would have his office phone # on it, and one of the reasons he went to his office in midtown rather than back to his apartment.
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

Like Esposito, I'm off toward Origins Game Fair Sunday June 20 and won't be back until Tuesday June 29. Not much chance I'll post during that time.

Then I'll be at the beach over the weekend of the 4th. Might have internet connection, but doubtful.

If everyone wants to, we can go to the OOC thread to discuss clues and leads. I'll try to remind you of anything you've discovered but overlooked (after you've all compiled what you know you know).
Langdon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Langdon »

I like that plan. A temporary pause, then?
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

We don't know where the real Marlene is, assuming she's not been killed to get her out of the way.

I don't know much about etiquette in 1930's New York, but is it possible that someone visiting Marlene at her apartment would have left a calling card with the doorman? It could be a way of tracking down people who might know where she is - or am I just barking up the wrong tree?

Phil.
FrankyEsposito
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by FrankyEsposito »

I'm cool with that, Gaffer.

FYI, my internet is down again. Second time this week. Good thing I live so close to the library.
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

Philulhu wrote:We don't know where the real Marlene is, assuming she's not been killed to get her out of the way. I don't know much about etiquette in 1930's New York, but is it possible that someone visiting Marlene at her apartment would have left a calling card with the doorman? It could be a way of tracking down people who might know where she is - or am I just barking up the wrong tree? Phil.
Calling cards were pretty much passe by the 1920s, certainly among the younger set.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

OK - but the doorman might recognise some of her friends, know names, car registrations, right?
Langdon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Langdon »

I am leaving on Friday afternoon for a study abroad program and vacation. I will be in Dalkeith, Scotland (near Edinburgh) and London until August 15. I may have access to internet, but I probably won't be able to post much.
FrankyEsposito
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by FrankyEsposito »

I'll be leaving for the weekend Fri 7/23 around 1400 EDT. I'll try to check/post before I go.

Also, Gencon is fast approaching (yay!) and I'll be gone from Tue 8/2 to Tue 8/9. Guessing I won't see any of you there?

--john
Dexter Ford
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Dexter Ford »

I am in Hawaii until August 9th, which explains some of my odd posting times for anyone who has noticed. I have one week left in a 3-week workshop, and then I start a second workshop in August 1st. I have plenty of internet access, just off by 6 hours from EST.

Anyway, I'll post as I can. Good luck to those headed to Gencon. I wish I was going this year after the great time I had last year.

Matt
FrankyEsposito
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by FrankyEsposito »

Heading out for Gencon tomorrow afternoon. I'll try to read and reply before I go.

John
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

Have great con, man.
Langdon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Langdon »

I'm back! A little tired and scrambling to catch up on the stuff that's accumulated here while I was gone. I'll post something quick, then I'll probably not be able to post again until the end of the week.

Return to “Find Him, Please (Trail of Cthulhu)”