Out of Character Chatting

New York City, 1933.

A man is missing and the girl wants him found. What more do you need to know?

This game will be run using the Trail of Cthulhu (copyright (c)2009 Pelgrane Press).

Moderator: Gaffer

Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: Out of Character Chatting

Post by Gaffer »

No worries. :D
"Two in the head, you know he's dead." <heh>
Dexter Ford
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 7 months

Post by Dexter Ford »

Things are going to be a little quiet on my end until Saturday. I have a big project to finish up today and tomorrow. I'll try to post again on Saturday.

Besides, things are moving pretty slowly, so I don't feel too bad. Just a heads up.
Dexter Ford
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Dexter Ford »

Sorry I have been kinda quiet. I was out of town to a conference in NYC over the weekend and I discovered that other than Thursday night, I didn't have internet access for the weekend.
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

Hey Guys,

We seem to be moving in fits and starts with flurries of posts followed by inactivity. Is there anything I can do to make things go more smoothly for you?

I'm pleased with what everyone's done so far. I think the plot is proceeding nicely.

What do you think?
Dexter Ford
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Dexter Ford »

I'll be the first to bite at a response: I guess I am feeling a little lost and floundering at times due in part to the pacing. I check everyday for a while, see we are waiting on one or two people, stop checking after a few days, then come back to find out everyone is waiting on my response or the plot really hasn't moved ahead. Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying the hell out of the game when we do play in our spurts, but it is dragging a bit.

I am not sure I have any suggestions other than we try to check more regularly and keep things moving ahead even if they are little posts here or there. However, I am ready to move on to the meeting with Ms Hirt.
Langdon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Langdon »

I apologize for my inconsistancy, work and life have been busy, so I try to get on when I can (which is usually weekday mornings before work). I'm not usually available to post on weekends, but I'll make an effort to get at least one in on the weekend in the future.

Would it help if we (the players) used the OOC spoiler-button to say "ok, I've done what I wanted to do here, let's move on"?
FrankyEsposito
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by FrankyEsposito »

I've been busy with work, as always. It's always the worst towards the end of the quarter -- we do quarterly software releases. That's passed (though the actual release date isn't until 4/14) so I should be good for now. The biggest thing for me was that I had a bunch of in-character information that I needed to relay and just couldn't figure out the right way to do it. Now that that's out of the way I hope to be able to get back on track.

To echo what the others have said, I too am ready to move on. Have we missed anything important or can we call "scene" and move on to where we throw down on "Marlene Hirt?"
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

Finish your sandwiches and coffee, ask any last-minute questions of your associates, and I'll set up the visit to Alphonse Hirt's apartment to report your progress to Marlene.

If anyone thinks of something that should be covered at the station after we initiate the apartment, we can "flashback" to the other thread.

Do let me know what your travel arrangements are to the apartment. Dex and Langdon have their cars with them. It's about a 5 minute drive or a 20 minute walk.

Also, let me know how you proceed when you arrive at 8 Thomas Street. Do you just walk right into the building? Do you case the place first. And where does Langdon wait, if he doesn't go in with the rest. (There is a pay phone in Trilby's Hat - the coffeehouse/cafe).
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

My internet connection has been giving me problems, but I'll try to get the new thread opened shortly.
FrankyEsposito
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by FrankyEsposito »

I'm going to be offline for the next several days. I'll be out of town for a funeral, plus Verizon has decided to totally F up my phone/DSL. I'm stting at the library right now trying to check email, etc...

Not sure yet when I'll be back. Likely not before Friday, though it could be later. Sorry for the interruption in the game...

--john
Langdon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Langdon »

Way to go Library Use! See you when you get back :)
Dexter Ford
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Dexter Ford »

Sorry, I am swamped under end of the semester piles of work. I'll have a post up tomorrow or Friday at the latest.

Matt
Langdon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Langdon »

We're still playing, right? People are just busy, but they'll be back, I assume. Just wanted to post to let people know I'm around.
Dexter Ford
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Dexter Ford »

I am waiting for a few others to respond as well.
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

I'm trying to wait for Franky to post an action.
Dexter Ford
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Dexter Ford »

I am heading to Boston for a few days to visit my sister and some friends. So my posts the next few days might be a bit sporadic, but I will try to post at least once a day as warrants.

I am going to head to Providence on either Wednesday or Thursday and try to track down HPL's grave. I might also head off to Salem/Marblehead area to search for the inspiration for Arkham and Kingsport. I have been to Boston several times, so the traditional sightseeing won't be a priority this time. I might even head up to Lowell one day to see the NPS historic site there that I have never seen.
The only truly touristy thing I will do is try to head to Plimoth Plantation one day. It always is fun to compare Plimoth with Colonial Williamsburg.

Anyway, I am glad we are back on track with the game. Hopefully the momentum will keep up...
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

Have a good trip.
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

I've been asked whether a .38 revolver can fire more than once per combat round, as in CoC/BRP. The only reference I find in the ToC rules to Rate of Fire deals with automatic weapons, so I'm going to rule that all non-automatic weapons can only fire once per round. That applies to so-calld "automatic" pistols, as well, which are actually only semi-automatic.

What do you all think?
FrankyEsposito
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by FrankyEsposito »

Gaffer wrote:I've been asked whether a .38 revolver can fire more than once per combat round, as in CoC/BRP. The only reference I find in the ToC rules to Rate of Fire deals with automatic weapons, so I'm going to rule that all non-automatic weapons can only fire once per round. That applies to so-calld "automatic" pistols, as well, which are actually only semi-automatic.

What do you all think?
I think we need a BAR. :)

--john
Langdon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Langdon »

I'm still reading - not posting due to extenuating in-character circumstances. I'll post when it's time.

Return to “Find Him, Please (Trail of Cthulhu)”