Page 1 of 1

Wed Sep 6 - Red Hook

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:10 pm
by Gaffer
Fifteen minutes after leaving the Murray Hill Hotel, Dex is driving over the Brooklyn Bridge. The sun hangs low in the sky behind them, about a half hour from setting, and the pavement gleams ahead of them from the most recent of the day's showers, but the evening air is still warm. At the end of the bridge he turns right onto Henry Street and continues down across atlantic Avenue until Esposito directs him to turn right on Degraw and then left on Van Brunt.

They're solidly into Red Hook now. The streets teem with people, not a few of the men in turban or fez, although there are also a good number that look spanish or Italian ('Portuguese' says Esposito when someone comments). He also points out a few garish symbols painted on walls or hanging in windows.
Just after those start appearing, he tells Dex to turn left into Visitation Street. The block-long street has an air of Carnival. People throng both sidewalks, washing up into a crowd in the middle of the block that spills out and blocks the thoroughfare. Several cops are arriving and trying to force people onto the sidewalks.

Dex spots a space several doors down from the church-looking building that the crowd is making for.

Re: Wed Sep 6 - Red Hook

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:03 pm
by Dexter Ford
As Dex parks, he looks at Esposito. "Are you this is the place? Cause that is a boat load of people heading for our destination. And a lot of potential casualties if something goes wrong." He knocks on the wood of the dash. "And knowing Mister Murphy, its likely to head fubar pretty darn soon."

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:42 am
by Gaffer
This is what Dex gave Delores:
Ithaca Auto & Burglar he has stashed in the trunk.
It's a commercial cut-down double-barrel shotgun, still legal this year.
There's about a dozen shells.

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:13 pm
by Delores Brown
"If we're careful and stick together, we should be ok - right?" interjects Delores from the back seat. She fiddles nervously with the catch of the bag that Dex has given her, wondering what would be a good time to load the gun.

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:47 am
by FrankyEsposito
Gaffer wrote:This is what Dex gave Delores
OOC,He sure knows how to treat a girl!

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:57 am
by FrankyEsposito
"This is the place."

This is the place, alright. You'd have to get up pretty early in the morning to find a more wretched hive of scum.

"Be on your toes. They don't much cotton to cops here. Outsiders, either. I'd wager this is maybe the most dangerous thing any of us has ever done." I pause with the door open. "Last chance, you two. Nobody'll fault you for showing the better part of valor here."

I take a good long belt from my flask and close the door. I say a silent prayer, cross myself, and wade into the crowd.

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:57 am
by Gaffer
As Dex gets out of the car, two uniformed cops trot up. "Ya can't park here, pal. The whole block's bein closed down, accounta --"

"Quiet, O'Donogh ya mug, don'cha see it's Franky himself. Is this yer party then, Esposito?"

It's Jerry O'Donogh and Pat Corydon here to keep order.

At that moment, the doors to the hall open and the crowd surges forward, a collective cry going up from dozens of throats: "Ee-yah Gorgo! Ee-yah Mormo! Ee-yah!" And the street starts to empty into the former church.

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:33 pm
by Dexter Ford
Before the cops arrive, Dex checks the two .38 revolvers he has brought with him, as well as making sure the blackjack is inside his coat pocket. Putting both the revolvers into their respective holsters, he nods to Delores. "You might want to hide a couple of those shells someplace you won't lose, in case you have to ditch the carryall at some point. And" glancing at Esposito "After the good officer's little cheer us up speech, it might be best to go lock and loaded."

Dex thinks for one moment it might have been a good idea to ask Joe for the Thompson he knew his partner had for "emergencies." But there wasn't time and that would have probably been overkill. Now looking at the crowd, he wonders if that was the wisest decision after all.

He gets out of the car, and is approached by the police officers. He chuckles when they recognize Esposito, and Dex glances back at the church and keeps an eye out for anyone that might be a "hitter" and a quick survey to see if they can see Miss Hirt's car anyplace.

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:47 am
by Delores Brown
Delores looks down at her close fitting dress, wondering where on earth she's meant to hide her spare shells. She sighs, tells the boys to look the other way and tucks a couple of the shells into her underwear.

Shifting uncomfortably, she leaves the car clutching the carry-all. She's nervous but she's committed to going through with it.

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:45 pm
by FrankyEsposito
I shake their hands, slap them on the backs. I knew I could count on these two.

"Yeah, they're... interested parties. Looks pretty bad out there, don't it?" I'm looking around for other friendly faces.

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:19 pm
by Gaffer
Delores Brown wrote:Delores looks down at her close fitting dress, wondering where on earth she's meant to hide her spare shells. She sighs, tells the boys to look the other way and tucks a couple of the shells into her underwear.
[ooc - Don't you have a purse, Delores? Also, I'm going to consider the street howitzer loaded at this point.]

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:58 pm
by Dexter Ford
[ooc-or a bra or corset? LOL but underwear was an interesting choice.]

Dex gets out of the car, and then does something he rarely does. He shows Delores at least, where he hides the keys under the driver's seat. "Just in case I don't make it back in time, or in case one or the other of us need to drive."

He waits around until Esposito is ready to go. He keeps glancing at the temple/church, then fingers the two speed loaders in his jacket pocket, then walks around to the trunk, to pull out a box of spare ammo, and places it inside his other jacket pocket.

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:37 pm
by Delores Brown
[OOC - Ok you letches, enough of the fascination with Delores' undergarments. Where she hides the shells is for her eyes only! ;) If she's toting the bag with the sawn-off, it will be a chore to carry a purse as well - hence the underwear.]

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:26 am
by FrankyEsposito
OOC - is it just the five of us, then?

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:31 am
by Gaffer
There are a number of cops present, mostly for crowd control.

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:25 am
by FrankyEsposito
"Okay, people. Let's dance."

I head forward, toward the dance hall. This is my town, and I'm taking it back.

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:25 am
by Gaffer
As the five of you join the last of the crowd streaming toward the doors, the sound of whistles and squeeze-boxes and drums begins to waft outside. The insistent rhythm and tootling whine hastens the feet of the patrons. Even O'Donogh and Corydon start to move at a jig-like pace.

At the door, a pair of men are collecting tickets and money. Esposito confronts a face he remembers, the guy that was driving Marlene Hirt;s red coupe!
Esposito,This may be a bit of a retcon, but ...what the hell.

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:04 pm
by Dexter Ford
Dex will follow Esposito's lead, staying close to Delores for the time being.
He will keep an eye out for anything immediately threatening or out of the normal that might pose a threat.

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:44 pm
by FrankyEsposito
I motion for one of the uniforms assigned to crowd control to come over. I walk right up to the ticket taker -- the one I recognize, and get right up in his face. I don't say anything, not at first -- I just want to see what he does.

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:04 pm
by Gaffer
The guy looks Esposito in the eye, his lip curling in a sneer. "Two bucks," he says.

The cop walks up, "What's the beef, pal?" he asks, annoyed that Esposito is holding up the line. People waiting their turn start to mutter.

The guy shouts out something in an unrecognized language and throws a punch at Franky's face. A dozen other men crowd in, jostling Franky, Dex, Delores and the cops. A woman screams!

[Mug rolls 3 using 1d6+2. Scuffle (6) +2 pool .]

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:28 pm
by FrankyEsposito
I'll roll with the punch, then take out my badge.

"Well, well. Add 'Assaulting a Police Officer' to the ever growing list of what I'm gonna nail you for." I turn to the uniformed cop. "Put some bracelets on this guy and get him out of here. But don't take him too far. I've got a few questions to ask him."

The crowd is starting to tick me off. I hold my badge up high and shout in my best cop voice. "All right, everybody calm down. Back it right up or I'll shut this whole party down right now."

I turn back to Dex and Delores and whisper "'Miss Hirt's' driver."

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:45 am
by Gaffer
Franky,takes 1 damage from the punch.
The crowd reacts badly to Franky;s threat to shut down the hall. Shouts of "No! No1" mingle with apparent negatives in other languages and a few cries of "Ia! Ia!" Bodies surge against bodies, a woman screams. Four men jostle against the cop trying to make his arrest and shove between him and his almost-prisoner.

Corydon and O'Donogh have their batons out, trying to push the crowd back from their group, but the press is too much. Franky thinks he sees the glint of a knife.

[Roll against Scuffling or Athletics, target 4.]

Dex sees two men hustling Franky's playmate along the fringe of the riot toward the doors.

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:23 pm
by FrankyEsposito
Gaffer wrote:[Roll against Scuffling or Athletics, target 4.]
[Athletics: 5+2 = 7]

I'll try to subdue the idiot with the knife and hold him/her between me and the rest of the crowd.
[Scuffling: 2+1 = 3]

It's starting to look like we may have to retreat and bring in reinforcements.

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:08 pm
by Dexter Ford
Dex glances at the crowd, then at the fleeing men, then back to the surging crowd. He judges the police are not enough to keep the crowd under control.

Having been in a near riot once or twice, and knowing the only thing that tends to get people's attention is a lot of noise, he shakes his head for a moment.
He will also yell over the noise "Delores, get ready to run if it gets out of control. Along the edge of the crowd, towards those doors." He quickly points towards where the men were fleeing.

He then pulls a .38 revolver, and fires into the air, hoping the crack and report of the pistol will get the crowd to settle down. His hand rests on the second butt of the revolver in case there is more violence from the crowd.

Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:10 pm
by Gaffer
Screams! Shouts! The crowd begins to flee for the exit. All the cops go for their revolvers.

Corydon gives Dex a hard look, "Put that thing away, ya fool, 'fore ya get pinched."

The guy with the knife wrenches free from Franky's grasp as the panic takes over the crowd.

Dex sees Delores swept along in the rush.

Esposito spots Merivana's driver and his buddies slip out a side door.

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:14 am
by Delores Brown
Delores tries to push against the crowd but feels herself being pulled along as they panic, driven by the gunfire. The bag is almost torm from her hands as people throng around her and she pulls it closer, wrapping her arms around it as if represents her only hope. She cranes her neck, trying to see Dex, but she stumbles and has to focus on staying on her feet, lost in amongst the bustling crowd...

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:54 pm
by Dexter Ford
Dex will just give the cop the "look" and then push and pursue his way through the crowd towards where Delores was swept along.
Anyone who gets in the way will be shoved, pushed or butt stroked/buffaloed with the revolver as necessary until he can get somewhere near where she is at.

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:28 am
by FrankyEsposito
Damn it. I hope Dex can get to her. I'm going after Merivana's driver... I can't let him slip away now.

I bark an order at Corydon and O'Donogh: "Go with him... get that woman, now!"

I grab a couple of the other uniforms and bull my way through the crowd.

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:17 pm
by Gaffer
The crowd is stampeding for the exits, but Delores manages to angle toward the side of the room, finally struggling free by the same side door that Esposito has reached. Dex catches up to them in a moment.

Through the door, the evening is chilly, but clear. There are no lights on in the alley and hardly any filters back from the street.

At the end of the alley, headlights snap on as an engine springs to life. A car hurtles toward you over the cobbles, heading for the street!
OOC,[color=#FF0000]Athletics or Fleeing rolls for everyone; it's a narrow alley.[/color]

Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:56 pm
by Dexter Ford
OOC: This is always a bit more pulpy...and cinematic.

Dex draws both pistols, "aims" above and to the right, where the wind screen and the driver would be, and empties both revolvers into the front of the car, hoping to stop the driver, rather permanently.

(Firearms: We did discover that there are rules for firing with two weapons in the many rulebook)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2963356/
1d6=5 +5 from Firearms spend=10!

Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:49 pm
by FrankyEsposito
GM,Not sure if this coupe has running boards or not -- I looked at a bunch of pix on Google Images and it looked like at least some of them did, so... if there are none, we'll erase this and try again.
I see what Dex is doing and move to the driver's side... as the car careens past I leap onto the running board, grab the window, and hang on.

Athletics: 1d6+3=5

Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:24 pm
by Delores Brown
Delores starts to run, her heels slipping on the cobbles, trying to reach the end of the alley before the car reaches her!
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2963699/]Delores runs from the speeding car. (1d6=3)[/url] plus a four point spend, please!

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:19 pm
by Gaffer
Corydon and O'Donogh duck back through the door into the hall. The two cops with Esposito flatten against the walls of the alley, shouting at the car.

Dex's shots shatter the windshield and the car careens to its left, almost clipping Esposito as he hops aboard, then swerves to the right, smashing into the stone wall between the two cops and Delores. Steam jets from holes in the radiator. Esposito reaches in and shuts off the engine, the two guys inside too dead to argue with him. Neither is the guy he wants.

In the sudden quiet, broken only by the hissing steam and the cops' mumbled prayers (or curses), Esposito hears the sound of someone running the other way up the alley.
Franky,[color=#FF4000][b]Athletics[/b] to pursue.[/color]

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:35 pm
by FrankyEsposito
I start off after the third man, but I've wrenched my knee in hopping onto the car. Damn it all. So close.

Athletics: 1d6=1

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:42 pm
by Dexter Ford
Dex calmly reloads his revolvers, dumping the spent rounds onto the ground, and then using speed loaders to get the chambers loaded.
Muttering to himself while shaking his head, "They never make things easy, never. And they were just as piss poor drivers as some of Capone's gang."
Dex walks towards Delores and the two cops hopefully emerging from the doorway. He drops the speed loaders back into his jacket pocket.
"Delores, are you alright? And you two, perhaps you should hurry along after Detective Esposito?"
Once he is sure Delores is alright, he will reholster one of his revolvers and then move after Esposito, hopefully with Delores in tow.
As they pass by the car, he will take a quick look inside the vehicle to see if anything "leaps" out at him.

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:38 pm
by Gaffer
Corydon and O'Donough set off after Franky, who realizes his knee is loosening up as he runs. The other two cops start securing the scene, searching the car and the corpses.

[Spoiler-Button]Dex & Delores, Make a Streetwise roll.[Spoiler-Button]

Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:15 pm
by Dexter Ford

Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:46 pm
by Delores Brown
Delores is shaken by the near miss and is all too glad for Dex's offer of assistance. She holds onto his arm lightly as they make their way down the alley, glancing in, then turning quickly away from the two dead men in the car, letting Dex lead her onwards.
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2975488/]Streetwise roll. (1d6=2)[/url] Sorry for the lack of posts this week - job applications and interviews to prepare for :(

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:29 pm
by Gaffer
Franky limps up the dark alley, halting as it takes a right turn about the time the two cops catch up. They listen and hear running footsteps. The three round the corner in time to see their quarry turn right into Richard Street.

Meanwhile, Dex has realized (Streetwise 4) that they should go up Visitation to try to intercept the guy. He grabs Delores's hand and they emerge onto Visitation and turn left, heading for Richards, dodging the people who had exited the hall in the panic.

Esposito, with Corydon and O'Donough, run from the alley into Richards. Franky spots the guy running along the sidewalk on Richards past the Visitation intersection. At the same moment, Dex and Delores see a guy sprint across Visitation on Richards just a few yards from them.

[Everyone can roll Athletics to try to catch the guy. He is Fleeing: Your Friend rolled 5 using 1d6+2. Fleeing. Or you can try something other than running after him. (I'll allow Dex and/or Delores to spend a turn getting Dex's car.)]

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:59 pm
by Delores Brown
OOC,Delores will follow Dex's lead.

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:38 am
by FrankyEsposito
Athletics,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2992050/]1d6=1[/url]
I try to chase him, but my knee gives out again. It hasn't been this bad since Charley Sullivan bowled me over at second base back in, hell, I don't even remember what year that was.

"Stop! Stop, damn you, or I'll shoot!"

Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:32 pm
by Dexter Ford
Dex, realizing he can't really catch the guy on foot, runs back to his car and drags Delores along. "Sorry about not being a gentleman and all, by opening the door, but get in and ride shotgun. Literally. If you get a chance to scare the guy with that alley sweeper, do so." He runs to the car, jamming his revolver in his shoulder holster, pulling the keys out of the pants with pocket with his other hand.

He'll do his best to use his car to "run" down the fleeing suspect, without actually physically running him over.
Spoiler:
Sorry about the non post this week. Its the end of the semester,both as a college professor and as a doctoral student. Work has just piled up for much of these last two weeks. Things will be much better after Wednesday the 27th.

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:07 pm
by Gaffer
Behind Esposito, O'Donough fires two warning shots in the air. Everyone on Richard Street ducks for cover -- except the guy they're chasing. Corydon runs past Franky, followed in a moment by his partner.

Franky, knee throbbing, can't take a shot without risk to the two cops, Behind him, he hears a car engine roar up and Dex screeches to a stop beside him. As Esposito jumps onto the driver side running board, he sees the guy turn left into Dikeman Street. Dex takes off after him. In the passenger seat, Delores has checked to make sure the shotgun's loaded.

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:53 pm
by Delores Brown
Delores opens the car window and settles the sawn-off against the cill, trying to hold the weapon steady as the car bucks beneath her.

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:02 pm
by Dexter Ford
Dex will drive as quickly as he can, without being unduly risk taking. He will do his best to give Delores and Esposito the best chance to do whatever they plan on doing to the guy they are pursuing.

Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:31 pm
by Gaffer
Dex careens into Dikeman Street. There are a number of pedestrians on the sidewalks and one or two crossing the street. He picks out their quarry about halfway down the block, running flat out.

Dex steps on the gas and is catching up when a milk bottle sails out of the alley and shatters on the windshield, starting a long transverse crack low down. A flung stone takes Esposito high on the left shoulder, but he keeps his grip.

By the time Dex gets back up to speed, the guy they're after has ducked down Dwight.

Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:17 am
by Delores Brown
Delores flinches as the bottle shatters across the windscreen. She swings the sawn-off in the direction of the alley and pulls the trigger, the single shot blowing out a cornerstone, showering anyone in the alley with stone fragments. Breaking open the shotgun, she hooks her nails under the brass ring and lifts the empty cartridge, dropping it to the floor of the vehicle before replacing it with a fresh one. Snapping the weapon shut, she smiles grimly and leans it back against the cill, ready for the next attack.

Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:54 am
by Gaffer
The shotgun blast effectively clears the street.

Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:43 am
by Dexter Ford
Dex takes one hand off the wheel and grasps for his revolver. Take the pistol by the butt, he smashes at the cracked glass, warning everyone as he tries to knock the glass free. He keeps his eyes on the fleeing man, leaving the others to watch for more trouble. He yells back
"Esposito, you okay back there?"

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:25 am
by FrankyEsposito
I can't hear what he's saying, but I can see his lips moving in the mirror. I'm not much of a lip reader, but I can make out "okay" if nothing else. I give a quick thumbs-up and go back to scanning the alley.

Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:36 pm
by Gaffer
It's getting harder to see in the deepening darkness as Dex drives down Dwight Street. Several street lamps are out, adding to the gloom. Then Esposito spots him at the end of the block, angling into Bay Street at a walk, hand pressed to his side.

Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 3:15 pm
by Dexter Ford
Dex will make sure the headlights on his car are on, and then drive as quickly as possible in the oncoming gloom to make it near the running figure. Hopefully this guy will have the answers we need. "Hold on...let's see if we can get this guy to give us some answers"

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:54 pm
by Delores Brown
"Do you want me to try to stop him?" asks Delores. "Not to shoot him," she says quickly, "Just a shot over his head to slow him down."

Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 3:08 pm
by FrankyEsposito
I'm looking real hard -- trying to see if he's got a gun in his hand. If he so much as twitches, I'm gonna put one in his leg.

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:30 pm
by Gaffer
Dex pulls up alongside of the guy and Delores covers him with the shotgun. He throws up his empty hands and collapses to the pavement.

Behind you you hear at least one police siren coming up.

Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 2:21 pm
by Dexter Ford
Dex will pull the car to a halt, making sure the guy doesn't try to run or do anything else stupid.
He also glances around the area where they have halted, leaving any interrogation of the guy to Esposito and Delores.

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:13 pm
by Delores Brown
Delores quickly climbs out of the car, keeping the sawn-off pointed at the man. She steps to one side, making sure the man can't grab her, giving Esposito room to get in and talk to him.

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:01 pm
by FrankyEsposito
I'll keep my gun trained on him and slap the irons on. Once he's cuffed I'll search him... and I won't be gentle about it.

"You want to talk here?" I realize that I'm shouting -- the shotgun blast is still ringing in my ears. "Or maybe you want to go downtown, see if they still remember how to use a rubber hose?"

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:55 pm
by Gaffer
Esposito relieves the fellow of a switchblade and a wallet. When asked about going downtown, he sneers and says, "No Inglees."

A small crowd is gathering when the squad car pulls up and a couple of uniforms get out with Corydon and O’Donough. Jerry and the other two cops start pushing back the crowd, but Corydon hustles over to Franky with something in his hands.

“We found this under th’ front seat o’ th’ coupe,” he holds out a woman’s shoe, “An’ this in th’ rumble seat.” It’s a woman’s handbag and Pat reaches in and pulls out a wallet. The driving license is for Marlene Hirt.

An old woman, eyes wild and hair matted, slips past Jerry O’Donough (Hey!”) and scurries over to Franky, grabbing his hand and kissing it. Her filthy clothes and sour odor make it apparent that she's been living on the streets.

"Detec-a-tive Esposito, Dios le bendice y protege. You gotta one, kill’im quick. Ptuu! she spits on the guy, who snarls at her, “Issa name Rewan anna thatsa ‘is ‘ouse. Issa all their ‘ouse – 224! Burna down!”

She points at the middle of the next block of Bay Street.

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:35 pm
by FrankyEsposito
I wave the wallet and shoe in his face. "You'd best find some Inglees fast, bo." -- I give him a good poke in the chest to emphasize -- "Or you're gonna get The Big One. I'll bet them goons up at Sing Sing are gonna love a weak sister like you."

I give him a few to think about his predicament. Then I get right up in is face, eyeball to eyeball. I'm seething, but I do my best to reign it in. Now's the time for cool, Franky. "Now, tell me what happened to this dame you snatched. Come on, spill it, or I'll let these two crazy dames fill you with daylight."

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:44 pm
by Gaffer
Rewan smiles and looks past Franky at the old woman, "I 'member you daughter. She was delicious." And he licks his lips and snickers.

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:05 am
by FrankyEsposito
The time for cool is over. I do my best to break his nose.

"Thought you didn't have no Inglees, Rewan?" I'm right up in his face, still, and spitting mad. "You ever see what the cons up the river do to a guy with a short-eyes beef in his jacket? Huh?" Grab the nose and twist. "You keep crackin foxy and I'll see to it you have a lot of boyfriends up there."

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:07 am
by Dexter Ford
Dex keeps the car in neutral, letting the engine idle. His pistol is on the seat next to him, and he is keeping an eye out, using the mirrors (rear and side) and even craning his head about to make sure no one is sneaking up on this little developing scene. If any trouble comes about, he will honk the horn and yell for attention. Otherwise, having been on the "force" before he will be prepared for just about anything in one of these odd situations.

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:45 pm
by Delores Brown
Delores winces as Esposito's fist flattens Rewan's nose. She swallows hard, glancing at the cops who, so far, have made no attempt to stop him.

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:34 am
by Gaffer
"Well, Frank," asks Pat Corydon, "You wanta take 'im downtown an' sweat 'im fer th' night? Or shall we let these lads book 'im whilst you an' me an' Jerry -- an' yer friends, if they're game -- go roust No. 224 over there?

"We can't get reinforcements without th' cap'n's say-so an' that'll take 'til mornin. Someone from this crowd has prolly awready let 'em know we know where their nest is. They may start disposin' of evidence, startin' with livin' evidence, y'know?"

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:54 am
by FrankyEsposito
"Take him downtown, I guess. And make sure the birds in there know he likes little girls."

I turn back to Rewan. "Last chance, sister. You find your Inglees yet?"

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:22 am
by Gaffer
Dex is suddenly engulfed by the stench of beer and pickled eggs, "So where's da fire, Dexter?" He turns to find 'Heinie' Duppelmann's red face leering at him through his car window, "An' who's da skoit wit da cannon?" He lets loose a thundering belch, wafting the odor to Delores, and his face gets even redder, "'Scuse it, please, Miss. An' look, I even dragged 'Two-Gun' along fer da ride." He jerks a thumb over his shoulder to indicate a swarthy looking toothpick of a guy leaning on the back fender with his arms crossed. "We call him 'Two-Gun, Miss, on accounta he always carries two guns, y'see. At least. Me, I just rely on my li'l Rosie." He stands and opens his overcoat to let Delores see the bulk of a Thompson submachinegun nestled against his beefy side.

Two-Gun shoves away from the fender and drifts up to Delores's window, touching a finger to his hat brim as he speaks past her to Dex in a gravelly whisper, "So what's the rumpus, Dex?"

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:43 pm
by Dexter Ford
Dex is taken back for a moment by the appearance of the two. His hand reached for the pistol on the seat next to him, and he saw Delores startle before he let the revolver remain where it was. "First off, Duppelmann, it's good to see you. But your choice of lunch hasn't changed much, has it?" He waves his hand in front of his face. "Delores, this is Treasury Agent Heinrich Duppelmann, known to one and all as Heinie. Heinie, Miss Delores Brown here is helping me with an investigation and she is a reporter for the one of the city's newspapers. Delores, that quiet gentleman over there is Treasury Agent Pasquale "Two-Guns" Garibaldi, also late of the Federal Bureau of Prohibition. Now I am guessing you two are still with the...what is now, the Alcohol Tax Unit with the IRS? End the Volstead and everything becomes topsy-turvey especially since the Director didn't want you part of his glorious G-Men. Or did you two jump ship with some of the other boys?"

He waves off any further commentary for the moment with the bandaged up arm. "At the moment, it really doesn't matter. I am glad the two of you are here. Heinie, when this is done, I'll buy you and Pasqaule some beers and you can explain the current situation to me. Anyway, Delores here, the NYPD Detective over there roughing up the suspect...Esposito, and myself, well the three of us are looking into a missing person which has become a lot more complicated. Led us to this seedy area of town and the meeting house down the way. We are headed back there, and while there are a few flatfoots to help Esposito, I am sure the two of you...and yeah Heinie, Rosie too...would be more than welcome."

Dex seems a bit distracted and a tad long winded as he deal with the building situation. Something bad, he can feel it in his gut, is going to happen sooner than later.

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:36 pm
by Delores Brown
Delores looks at the two men. She can't help thinking that they were the last two she would have chosen to go with them. An alchoholic with a Tommy Gun and what looks like a stone-cold killer. The man just stares at her and the shivers ran down her spine. She looks away and steps closer to Dex. "Are you sure this is a good idea?" she whispers, "Wouldn't we be better waiting until morning?"

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:25 am
by Dexter Ford
He thinks for a moment. "I think whatever leads we might have will disappear come morning. I have feeling it has to be done tonight, if we want answers." He looks at her as she looks over his two "partners." "Delores, they don't look like much, but they have nerve and they are skilled. Dupplemann might have seen better days, but he has nerves of steel, even if they are occasionally fortified by a shot or three. Pasquale, he once took on three of Capone's own without blinking an eye. He was shot, took a bullet to his left bicep, but he just switched hands and unloaded into the three hitters. They'll be alright."

He reached under the seat for a flask, unscrewing the cap with one hand. Some fine Canadian whiskey was within and he passed it over to Delores first. "I don't know if you drink, Delores, but take a swig. You have more moxie than half the dames I have ever met, I'll give you that much, and I think you'll more than handle yourself when the time comes."

He honks the horn and then sticks his head out the window. "We ready to heady back, Esposito? Time's a wasting and the cult's getting ready for whatever they were planning. They aren't going to wait until we return."

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:27 am
by FrankyEsposito
I nod and reach out for the flask.

"Everyone ready?"

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:12 am
by Gaffer
As the two other uniforms bundle Rewan into the police car, Jerry and Pat are introduced to Heinie and Two-Gun. When the flask comes to him, Jerry waves it away, "Not while I'm on duty." Then he and Pat guffaw and each take a healthy swig before passing it to Esposito.

Everyone turns and looks down the block at No. 224 Bay Street.

[And I'll call 'Scene' there and pick up after Origins with a new thread.]