Mon Sep 4 - Thomas Street

New York City, 1933.

A man is missing and the girl wants him found. What more do you need to know?

This game will be run using the Trail of Cthulhu (copyright (c)2009 Pelgrane Press).

Moderator: Gaffer

FrankyEsposito
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 7 months

Re: Mon Sep 4 - Thomas Street

Post by FrankyEsposito »

Stability: 1d3 = 3

Damn. Can't take a shot -- too many people in the way. Someone remind me why they're here again?

I move in closer, trying to get a good shot. If it comes to it, I'll knock Delores out of the way. "Get down!"
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Gaffer »

Langdon disappears into the kitchen on Marlene's trail.
Dex,Stability roll: 4+4spend=8 [color=#FF0000]PASS[/color]
Delores,Stability roll needed
Franky,Stability roll: 3 [color=#FF0000]FAIL [b]lose 1 Stability[/b][/color]
Roll,[color=#FF4000]Dex rolls 5+5spend=10; Black Dog rolls 1=1 Black Dog [/color][color=#FF0000]FAIL[/color]
Dex feels a tug at his wrist as a fang snags his cuff just before the jaws snap on the brass doorknob with a clank! The fabric gives way and he staggers back, putting his body between Delores and the beast, pinning her against the wall opposite the bathroom. His right hand fumbles for his jacket pocket and finds it, fingers closing on the cool, smooth grip of his revolver.

Esposito, shaken by the sight of the dog and the memories it evokes, advances down the hall, his revolver extended at arm's length, waiting for a clear shot.

The dog gathers itself to spring, eyes on Dex's throat.
"Two in the head, you know he's dead." <heh>
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

Langdon,You push through the kitchen door after Marlene and almost run right into her. She smiles and takes your face in both hands.[color=#0000BF] "My name is Merivana Azaff,"[/color] she murmurs. She kisses you hard and deep, chuckles, and backs a step away. Touching the necklace at her throat she says,[color=#0000BF] "Eat a hire. Kiss him."[/color] The light in the room pales and goes silvery. Behind her, you momentarily behold the nightmare city you glimpsed through the broken window just last night –- cyclopean black towers looming over misty streets, winged things flitting through the air, and a terrible pale tower stretching into the heavens. Then Marlene -- Merivana? -- is going... [i]away[/i], shrinking and moving in a direction you can't quite name even though she's perfectly motionless. With a last, distant, throaty laugh, she's gone and the room is filled with sunlight again. [color=#FF4000][Make a Stability check.][/color]
Dexter Ford
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Dexter Ford »

Dex will fire at the dog, protecting Delores at all costs.

Rolls 1d6 = 5
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2513920/
OOC,Can .38 revolvers fire more than once in a round like they can in BRP? If so Dex will try to plug the dog twice.
Langdon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Langdon »

Keeper,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2513956/]Stability Roll: 1d6 = 1[/url] [OOC: eep!]
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

Langdon,Stability roll: 1[color=#FF0000] FAIL lose 4 Stability.[/color]
Langdon,You discover two things at once: Your legs feel made of rubber, hardly able to support you, and your mouth is [u]very[/u] dry. You better get a glass of water and sit down at the kitchen table. You're also sweating profusely. You're vaguely aware of shouts and screams and gunshots on the other side of the kitchen door.
Langdon
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Langdon »

Oh god oh god oh god oh god... I stumble against the kitchen counter, grabbing at the sink to keep myself up. Merivana Azaff... Merivana Azaff... I am not going to forget this name. I have to remember it to tell the others. I turn on the tap and hold my head down next to it, slurping loudly, so very thirsty. I breathe a sigh of relief and wipe the bit of water from my cheek. Then wipe again. Sweat. Wiping again as I reach for a glass. Taking off my jacket as I fill the glass and collapse into the chair.

I stare blankly at the wall of the kitchen, legs splayed out under the table, even as I hear noises from the hall. Unpleasant noises. Like an alarm clock when I'm dreaming.

Still sweating, I unbutton my shirt and loll back into the chair, feeling utterly exhausted.
FrankyEsposito
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by FrankyEsposito »

This is bad. Never should've gone back to Red Hook. Shit.

"Vinnie, get out of the damned way! You're in my line of fire."
Roll,As soon as I can get a [i]clear[/i] shot I'll take it. I'll spend 2 points... [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2515701/]1d6+2= 4[/url]
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

[Go ahead and roll it.]
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

Rolls,Black Dog Scuffle roll: 4+3spend=7 vs 4 hit threshold; [color=#FF4000]PASS[/color] damage 3=3damage to Dex Dex Revolver roll: 5=5 vs 4 hit threshold; [color=#FF4000]PASS[/color] damage 3+2 pointblank=5 damage to BD Franky Revolver roll: 2+2spend=4 vs 4 hit threshold; [color=#FF4000]PASS[/color] damage 3 to BD
The dog springs at Dex, just as Esposito fires, hitting the beast in the flank.

Dex gets his left hand up to protect his throat, but the fearsome jaw crushes his wrist!

His revolver still in his pocket, Dex jams the barrel into the rank, furry belly and fires!

The beast, its eyes just inches from Dex's own, growls and shakes its head from side to side, tearing cloth and flesh.

A cold, dank wind seems to rush through the apartment.
Dex,[color=#FF0000]3 damage.[/color]
[OOC - I'll want an Athletics roll from Dex to stay on his feet. Dex and Franky may continue firing, but Dex will be reduced by 1 due to the Black Dog worrying at his wrist (plus his revolver is still in his pocket).]
FrankyEsposito
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by FrankyEsposito »

Damn, this dog is... unreal. It's like those bullets didn't even slow it down.

I move right up to it and kick it as hard as I can, right in the ribs.
Roll,Scuffling, 2 point spend [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2515839/]1d6+2 = 7[/url]
Dexter Ford
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Dexter Ford »

Dex continues to fire through his jacket, since the creature is point blank. He also tries to stay on his feet as the dog gnaws at his now bleeding arm.

Shooting roll:
OOC: I'll spend two on the shooting. 1d6+2=5.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2515895/

Athletics roll:
1d6=5
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2515904/

OOC: The spoiler button is frustrating me tonight.
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

Rolls,Dex Athletics roll: 5 vs 4 target; [color=#FF0000]PASS[/color] Black Dog Athletics (Fleeing) roll: 1+6spend=7; [color=#FF0000]PASS[/color] Dex Revolver roll: 3+2=5 vs 3 hit threshold; [color=#FF0000]PASS[/color] damage 2 (no longer pointblank) to BD Franky Scuffle roll: 5+2spend=7 vs 6 hit threshold; [color=#FF0000]PASS[/color] damage 2 to BD
With a keening howl, the hound abruptly releases Dex's arm and lurches to the side. Dex fires and sees a long, bloody furrow open along the scrambling creature's flank. He staggers, but keeps his footing.

Franky's kick misses the retreating beast, but he too manages to stay on his feet.

The black dog scurries down the hallway and into a bedroom, leaving gouts of dark, steaming blood on the polished floorboards.
Delores,I'm making a Stability roll for you: 4 [color=#FF4000]PASS[/color] And an Athletics roll: 1 vs 4 target:[color=#FF4000] FAIL[/color]
Delores is almost knocked down by Dex's efforts to stay on his feet. The picture frame has slipped from Delores's grasp. The glass is broken and the corner of the frame has come apart.
Dexter Ford
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Dexter Ford »

Dex pulls the revolver free, and fires at the retreating dog. He'll worry about the bleeding once the threat is eliminated...and that means Miss Hirt as well. If he can do so that is.

Fires, spending 3 to make sure he hits.
1d6+3=6 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2516445/
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

Rolls,[Dex Revolver roll: 3+3=6 vs 4 target;[color=#FF4000] PASS[/color] damage 2 to BD]
Trying not to be knocked down, Delores grabs Dex's coat; Franky reaches out a hand to steady her. Despite the distraction, Dex's shot is on target, clipping off the last few inches of the hound's tail as it dives into the bedroom, then smacking into the door frame. There is a loud yelp, then silence.
Black Dog.jpg
Dex cradles his injured wrist, the lining of his jacket smoldering slightly. Franky steadies Delores with a hand on her shoulder (or is he steadying himself?)
FrankyEsposito
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by FrankyEsposito »

It takes me a second to recover. When I can think again I slam the bedroom door closed.

I'm not 100% convinced that it will do any good, but better safe than sorry. More sorry.
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

Esposito makes his way down the hall, avoiding the blood on the floorboards. The door frame is cracked several inches above and below the bullet hole. The severed end of the dog's tail lies on the floor just outside the bedroom door.

Dex notices that the cuff of his jacket -- in addition to being torn and rapidly soaking through with blood -- is dissolving in a couple of places.

Delores stoops to retrieve the picture frame which kind of comes apart in her hands, the corner broken, as well as the glass. The two photos come loose in her hands.
Spoiler:
Franky, As you reach for the doorknob, you don't see any dog in the bedroom, though a rug at the foot of the bed has a brownish stain that is ... smoking? ...slightly.
Dexter Ford
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Dexter Ford »

Dex yanks off the coat, tossing it to the floor. He then quickly recovers whatever is in the pockets, leaving the smoldering mess to dissolve. He then turns to Delores, asking if she is okay. He looks Esposito. "Did you hit that thing? Is it dead? And where the hell is Langdon?"

Dex rips off his shirt sleeve, still adrenalin running through his body, and he wraps it around his wounded arm to try and soak up some of the bandage. He looks at Esposito as he breaks open the revolver, and tries to reload one handed with the one and only speed-loader in his pocket. "God this hurts."
Gaffer
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Gaffer »

Dexter Ford wrote:Dex yanks off the coat, tossing it to the floor. He then quickly recovers whatever is in the pockets, leaving the smoldering mess to dissolve. He then turns to Delores, asking if she is okay. He looks Esposito. "Did you hit that thing? Is it dead? And where the hell is Langdon?" Dex rips off his shirt sleeve, still adrenalin running through his body, and he wraps it around his wounded arm to try and soak up some of the bandage. He looks at Esposito as he breaks open the revolver, and tries to reload one handed with the one and only speed-loader in his pocket. "God this hurts."
Dex's wrist is badly lacerated and punctured in several places, all bleeding freely. It also feels like it might be broken. His left hand can move, but the fingers are weak and a bit numb. It needs a better bandage than a shirt sleeve and some iodine would probably be a good idea, and a sling -- maybe a splint. He had to thrust his revolver into his waistband to ease the jacket off with Delores's help. He can reload while cradling the revolver in the crook of his injured arm.

Delores looks to be physically unhurt.
OOC,The lining is smoldering from firing the revolver through the pocket. The sleeve is suffering from the effects of Black Dog drool.
Dex's blood is beginning to pitter-pat on the floor.
Dexter Ford
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Dexter Ford »

Dex looks at the spattering blood and the inability to to really flex. "Damn, damn...broken wrist, and it really hurts." He'll stumble to the bathroom, where he was sure he saw some bandages and most likely a bottle of iodine. Who doesn't have one of those these days? Esposito can handle the damn dog, and Delores, if she snaps out of it, might be able to wrap the bandage. But Dex knows a visit to Roosevelt Hospital is in his future...

OOC: Not really having any adds in First Aid, Dex will do his best to try and stop the bleeding.
Dex rolls First Aid: 1d6 =3
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2523575/

Return to “Find Him, Please (Trail of Cthulhu)”