Page 1 of 1

Absences

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:41 am
by Gaffer
Please post here if you plan to be away for more than a day or so.

Re: Absences

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:42 pm
by jabonko
I will be out of town beginning very shortly and getting back on Sunday late-ish. So I'll probably next be able to post on Monday.

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:28 am
by Gaffer
That's fine. Thanks for the heads up.

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:45 am
by Gaffer
This week is going to be a bit hinky for me. My company is doing a four-day trade show Thursday through Sunday (10/7-11) with set-up Wednesday and mad running around Tuesday (at least). I anticipate being able to check in every evening, but won't be around as much as I like.

But I should be ready for the first game post on Monday, if everyone's got characters ready by then. ;)

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:45 am
by Philulhu
I'm going to be pretty tied up this week but should (hopefully) be back on track at the weekend. :)

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:53 pm
by Gaffer
I will be out of town for a few days next week: Thursday 10/22 - Sunday 10/25. I doubt I'll have internet access. I'd like to get things to the point that you can do some initial investigating and have stuff to talk about among yourselves. I hope to post Thursday morning and Sunday evening.

Please try to check in as often as possible until then.

Thanks.

Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:34 pm
by Langdon
Tomorrow evening (Friday Nov 6) I'll be heading out of town: going to Vegas for the weekend with my family to see "Love" the Cirque du Soleil Beatles show. I will probably have access to the internet, but won't have the time to get on.

Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:12 pm
by Gaffer
I have friends who saw it and loved it. Have a great time.

When will you be back?

Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:18 pm
by Langdon
Back Sunday evening, but back to posting status probably Monday

Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:22 pm
by Gaffer
That's great.

I amended your Carnegie Deli post a bit.

Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:24 pm
by FrankyEsposito
Only two days in Vegas? That's... that's... that's just wrong.

Skip Cirque de So blah-blah-blah and play some cards, man! :)

FYI, I've got people in this weekend. Second week in a row. Won't have much time to post.

Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:56 pm
by Gaffer
Not a problem. Since Langdon will be away, I expect we'll go a little slow this weekend anyway.

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:22 pm
by FrankyEsposito
I'll be out of town starting this Friday 11/20. I won't be back until some time on 11/30.

I may have access while I'm away, but I'm not sure.

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:05 pm
by Gaffer
Hey! It's the holidays. Just post when you can.

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:51 pm
by Dexter Ford
I am going to be out of town this weekend, though I will try to post something this morning, but that will be it for me until probably Monday at some point.

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:29 pm
by Dexter Ford
Hey gang,

I am going to be heading north from sunny but cool Florida to blizzard struck NJ/DE/PA to visit family and friends for the holidays tomorrow and Tuesday. I may not have internet access, at least steady internet access, for a couple days, but when I do, I will post as I can. I know I will largely be off line tomorrow from about noon until Tuesday evening when I get to my destination.

Happy holidays to everyone.

Matt

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:17 pm
by Gaffer
Happy Holidays, Matt, John, Sam, Phil.

I'm not going anywhere for the holidays (but will probably spend much of Christmas Day at my sister's home here in Orlando). Justine arrives on the 27th for two weeks and I may not be as fanatical about checking the forum multiple times every day. Still I'll probably do mornings and evenings.

I'm about ready to advance characters to Sunday, so let me know how you want to wrap up your Saturday night.

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:10 pm
by Langdon
I won't really have a chance to get on here from about the 24th through the 27th. I expect to be able to get back in on Monday the 28th

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:15 pm
by FrankyEsposito
I'm off this afternoon and will be out of town for the weekend.

Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful holiday.

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:01 pm
by Delores Brown
Sorry about the lack of posts recently - Xmas was far busier than I thought it would be. And I'm off up to my folks tomorrow until sunday so I'm unlikely to be on-line again until then.

:(

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:38 am
by FrankyEsposito
I'm back! Work has been a bear the past couple of weeks but should be somewhat better now.

Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:05 pm
by Gaffer
Here's a heads up.

I'll be away from Friday morning 5/21 until Tuesday evening 5/25.

I'm going to New Haven Connecticut to see my daughter get her master's degree from Yale University.

Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:25 pm
by Langdon
Congratulations!

I will also be gone this weekend from Saturday morning through Sunday evening. Saturday is my first roller derby bout (Manny Shovitz #1890 of the TCTerrors) and Sunday I'll likely spend recuperating.

Posted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:08 pm
by Philulhu
I'll be away from tomorrow night until Tuesday so I'll pick up towards the end of next week.

Cheers,

Phil/Delores ;)

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:56 pm
by FrankyEsposito
FYI, my Internets are down. Verizon says it's part of a known outage and they expect to have it fixed by no later than Saturday at 9pm. You have to love it, right?

Also, it's getting close to time for Origins. I'll be gone Tues 6/22 - Sun 28. I'll probably also not be around much this weekend as I'm still wrapping up my adventures for Origins.

--john

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:01 pm
by Langdon
I'm not absent, but not sure where to go with my character. I'm supposed to contact Esposito: is he at his apartment?

Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:36 am
by FrankyEsposito
"Damn it, Vilas. I'm standing right here!"

I think you mean Dex, and we don't actually know where he is.

Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:53 pm
by Dexter Ford
I think Langdon meant Dex. And all you know in character is that he went to the hospital for his injuries and I think that Myron offered to drive him. Myron should eventually be back in the lobby, but due to the time fiddly-widdly thing, I think I am at least a couple of hours out of sequence with everyone else.

Say 15 minutes to the hospital, an hour or two in the emergency room and visiting with the doc, xrays, shots, etc, and then meds, and back to his office. So anywhere from 2-3 hrs probably ahead of the rest of you. It's why I have been pretty quiet as far as posting goes.

BTW, I think Dex gave everyone his business card at one point, which would have his office phone # on it, and one of the reasons he went to his office in midtown rather than back to his apartment.

Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:30 pm
by Gaffer
Like Esposito, I'm off toward Origins Game Fair Sunday June 20 and won't be back until Tuesday June 29. Not much chance I'll post during that time.

Then I'll be at the beach over the weekend of the 4th. Might have internet connection, but doubtful.

If everyone wants to, we can go to the OOC thread to discuss clues and leads. I'll try to remind you of anything you've discovered but overlooked (after you've all compiled what you know you know).

Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:41 pm
by Langdon
I like that plan. A temporary pause, then?

Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:21 pm
by Philulhu
We don't know where the real Marlene is, assuming she's not been killed to get her out of the way.

I don't know much about etiquette in 1930's New York, but is it possible that someone visiting Marlene at her apartment would have left a calling card with the doorman? It could be a way of tracking down people who might know where she is - or am I just barking up the wrong tree?

Phil.

Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:27 pm
by FrankyEsposito
I'm cool with that, Gaffer.

FYI, my internet is down again. Second time this week. Good thing I live so close to the library.

Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:07 pm
by Gaffer
Philulhu wrote:We don't know where the real Marlene is, assuming she's not been killed to get her out of the way. I don't know much about etiquette in 1930's New York, but is it possible that someone visiting Marlene at her apartment would have left a calling card with the doorman? It could be a way of tracking down people who might know where she is - or am I just barking up the wrong tree? Phil.
Calling cards were pretty much passe by the 1920s, certainly among the younger set.

Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:01 pm
by Philulhu
OK - but the doorman might recognise some of her friends, know names, car registrations, right?

Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:59 pm
by Langdon
I am leaving on Friday afternoon for a study abroad program and vacation. I will be in Dalkeith, Scotland (near Edinburgh) and London until August 15. I may have access to internet, but I probably won't be able to post much.

Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:18 am
by FrankyEsposito
I'll be leaving for the weekend Fri 7/23 around 1400 EDT. I'll try to check/post before I go.

Also, Gencon is fast approaching (yay!) and I'll be gone from Tue 8/2 to Tue 8/9. Guessing I won't see any of you there?

--john

Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:13 am
by Dexter Ford
I am in Hawaii until August 9th, which explains some of my odd posting times for anyone who has noticed. I have one week left in a 3-week workshop, and then I start a second workshop in August 1st. I have plenty of internet access, just off by 6 hours from EST.

Anyway, I'll post as I can. Good luck to those headed to Gencon. I wish I was going this year after the great time I had last year.

Matt

Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:38 pm
by FrankyEsposito
Heading out for Gencon tomorrow afternoon. I'll try to read and reply before I go.

John

Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:57 pm
by Gaffer
Have great con, man.

Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:40 pm
by Langdon
I'm back! A little tired and scrambling to catch up on the stuff that's accumulated here while I was gone. I'll post something quick, then I'll probably not be able to post again until the end of the week.

Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:20 pm
by Delores Brown
Hi chaps,

just to let you know that I'll be away from 19 to 28 August.

Cheers,

Phil.

Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:11 pm
by Dexter Ford
So are we waiting for Phil to return? Or have we hiccuped?

Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:46 pm
by Gaffer
I didn't set a hiatus.

Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:47 pm
by Langdon
I thought we were missing someone so we were waiting. Sorry.

Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:48 pm
by Gaffer
I'm going to have an outpatient procedure tomorrow afternoon and expect to be recuperative on Friday. So, I probably won't be posting after tonight until Saturday sometime.

Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:27 pm
by Philulhu
Hope it goes ok.

Cheers,

Phil.

Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:31 pm
by Dexter Ford
Good luck with the recovery Rod!

Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:10 pm
by Langdon
Here's wishing you a full and speedy recovery.

I, in the meantime, am about to head into the biggest academic maelstrom I've ever had to deal with. Starting tomorrow I will begin my Comprehensive exam period for my Master of Library Science. Basically I have two weeks to write two papers that would normally each take about two weeks. On top of that, I'm taking a course and the coursework is sure to keep the pace it's had so far.

So... if I'm inactive, or less active, on the forum game, that's why. Hopefully after October 11, I'll be more able to participate.

Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:40 pm
by Gaffer
Well, my outpatient exploratory heart catheterization on Thursday found three seriously blocked coronary arteries, which developed into a three day hospital stay and placement of three stents ( little blood vessel liners to expand the arteries into something like full flow.

So I'll be catching up with my posts over the next day or so.

In a couple of two weeks I'll go back to have the other blockage stented.

Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:31 pm
by Philulhu
Ouch!

Hey Gaffer, I hope they get you put right - don't worry about us, just get yourself sorted.

Cheers,

Phil.

Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:53 pm
by Gaffer
Langdon wrote:I, in the meantime, am about to head into the biggest academic maelstrom I've ever had to deal with. Starting tomorrow I will begin my Comprehensive exam period for my Master of Library Science. Basically I have two weeks to write two papers that would normally each take about two weeks. On top of that, I'm taking a course and the coursework is sure to keep the pace it's had so far.
Best wishes, my friend. My daughter has started a doctorate and my wife has her MLS, so I understand the demands on your time.
Langdon wrote:So... if I'm inactive, or less active, on the forum game, that's why. Hopefully after October 11, I'll be more able to participate.
We'll keep Langdon mostly off stage for the present (at least until Dex finishes with Mr. Tweedy at the library). I'll NPC him to get his info to the others, but we probably have a couple weeks of independent threads going on.

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:58 am
by Gaffer
On Wednesday, I'm returning to the hospital for my second procedure. It's supposed to be an overnight stay, so I should be home Thursday afternoon. I'll probably be recuperated enough by Friday evening (EDT) to post again.

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:38 pm
by Philulhu
OK - hope it all goes well.

Cheers,

Phil.

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:51 pm
by Dexter Ford
Just a quick heads up...since US Thanksgiving is coming later this week, I will be traveling from Tuesday through next week Monday. However, while I will have internet access, it will be a tad bit limited. Still, I believe my scene has a bit of catch up with the others in the group. I'll pop in and respond when I can, but this will be my first significant off line period for a while.

Matt

Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:50 am
by Gaffer
Have a great Thanksgiving!

And the same to my other U.S. players. Phil, have a pleasant Thursday.

Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:37 am
by Delores Brown
Umm... thanks. Don't think it's quite the same though! ;)

Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:31 pm
by Langdon
Wish me luck and good weather as we brave the winter to drive to Milwaukee this evening.

Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:02 pm
by Gaffer
Safe travels, friend.

How's the Master of Library Science coming? Will we see more of you soon?

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:18 pm
by Gaffer
I am having cataract surgery on Aug 23 (left eye) and 30 (right eye). Not sure how long it will take to recover and get new glasses, but I'll probably be away from rpol for two-three weeks at the end of this month, beginning of next.

My last post pre-absence will probably be 8/22.

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:57 pm
by Dexter Ford
Good luck with the surgery!

On a similar note...despite our occasional glacial pace, how close to the conclusion do you think we are?

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:10 pm
by Gaffer
That depends on several actions you might/might not take. I'd say before Hallowe'en with an 'if...' Could be after New Year's with a 'but...'

We're getting pretty close to a big action scene. ;)

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:11 pm
by Philulhu
Aye, hope it goes ok.

I'll be on my hols from 19 to 26 August.

Cheers,

Phil.

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:31 am
by Gaffer
I'll be back when I can, probably Thursday earliest.

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:50 pm
by Dexter Ford
Since the game stalled out for the last two weeks, I just sort of ran with a move down the steps.

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:11 am
by Gaffer
Sorry fellows, been under the weather a bit.

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:33 pm
by Delores Brown
No probs. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:29 pm
by Gaffer
A heads up - I'll be away for a few days next week, accompanying my wife for a conference. I'll leave Thursday morning and return Saturday evening. I may have internet access sufficient to keep up with posts, but not certain.

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:10 am
by Dexter Ford
This wouldn't happen to be the IAFA conference in Orlando?
If so, I'll presenting as part of a panel on Thursday afternoon.