IC-SWORD-Damsel in Distress(Dan/Julie/Zoe/Raquel/Lara)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Voodoo
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Re: IC-SWORD-Damsel in Distress(Dan/Julie/Zoe/Raquel/Lara)

Post by Voodoo »

Keeping his gun trained on Nitro, Dan moves to pick up the radio, "You guys start taking their weapons off them, Raquel, you keep Deadeye covered." Pushing the button on the radio Dan talks into it, "Doc, Its Dan, Ghost is dead and we have Nitro and Deadeye captured. I think Mutt is injured but I need to make sure. We also have the other girls, They are safe. Stay where you guys are and we should be back soon."

ooc- Is this to much for Dan to do in one turn?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,No, that's fine for one turn.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

Zoe takes the weapons from Deadeye and Nitro, the Desert Eagle and any spare grenades she keeps.
"That piece of shit," indicating Deadeye, "should be crucified! Better still, we'll do as the Apache women did to their prisoners: suspend the live prisoner upside down and light a fire beneath the head, then wait for the head to explode."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Zoe[/b], roll Spot Hidden.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the living room-
Deadeye whimpered and bled while Zoe disarmed him and Raquel kept him covered, taking his weapons and moving them over to the far side of the room. He had no greandes, but he had been carrying a knife and a Colt .45 automatic in addition to his dropped sniper rifle and his M-16. Julie kept her Glock trained on Nitro, who was unconscious but still breathing. Zoe took away his AK-47 with the bayonet on the end and his shotgun, and she put them in the pile of captured weapons. She kept his Desert Eagle, and she also clipped his grenades onto her own belt. There were 3 fragmentation grenades, giving her a total of four, as well as a cylindrical-shaped grenade whose shape she recognized. It was a tear gas grenade, identical to the one she had tried to use against Mutt back in the compound, only to have it bounce back at her, leaving her and Raquel easy prey.

After Dan spoke on the radio, there was a reply, which also echoed from the radio on Deadeye's belt. It was Doc's voice: "This is Doc. That's very good news, much better than I'd hoped for. Deadeye and Nitro, listen up. I'm in charge now, and Sally is my second-in-command. Mutt has screwed up one time too many, and has obsession with revenge damn near got you killed. Both of you do whatever the rangers tell you. And if either of you lays a finger on one of the girls, I'll have his head! Got that? Dan, put them on."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Dan puts the radio down next to Deadeye and stands back up, "Raquel will you come and help me look for Mutts body? I don't want to take a chance that he's still alive." Turning to Julie he says, "Can you three stay and watch these two? Also someone should find their keys, They had to have brought the van out here and we'll need it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the living room-
Lara continued to lie in a heap on the floor, curled up and crying. Raquel hobbled over to join Dan. "I can come," she said, "but I'm hurt from falling out the window. Can you help me first, please?"
OOC,Anyone who wants to try to treat [b]Raquel[/b] may roll First Aid. The base skill is 30% if it's not on your character sheet. If you succeed, roll 1d3 to see how many HP she recovers. After one person succeeds, there is no need for anyone else to try. Treating her will be your action for the turn (and hers).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Deadeye, where's the keys to my 'cuffs?"

[ooc: First Aid (1d100=99)]

"Jeesh, I've made things worse."
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

"Damn I forgot we have injured, Change of plans people. We're going to get out of here and screw looking for Mutt. Deadeye, I want the keys to the van, and if you have them the cuffs as well. We're taking the vehicles and if you want to come you have to drag your own sorry asses." Turning to look at the women, "Ladies can you gather up all the weapons and get ready to move?" Looking like something just dawned on him, Dan turns back to Deadeye, "Where did you leave the van?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I goofed and forgot that [b]Raquel[/b] had already had First Aid successfully applied by [b]Lara[/b] earlier, so further First Aid won't help her. Medicine can heal her further, but unless you want to risk a 5% chance you'll need to wait until you get reunited with [b]Doc[/b] and [b]Sally[/b]. [b]Zoe[/b], you don't end up hurting [b]Raquel[/b] after all, and you may take a different action if you wish.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Zoe:

"Yeah, of course, no problem." She looks for something to carry the weapons in.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the living room-
There was nothing Zoe could see in the living room that could be used to carry the weapons, though she remembered seeing some boxes down in the basement. Maybe some of them were empty. The long guns were on slings, so they could be carried on someone's back or over the shoulder. She didn't have any pockets, so if she wanted to carry the other pistol, she would have tuck it into her belt. Both of the rangers did have pockets, however. She would not be able to wield a long gun effectively, as her hands were too close together while cuffed. She'd need her hands empty if she were to continue dragging Lara, who was still unresponsive.

"The van?" said Deadeye, wincing at his leg wound. "That's still back near the ranger station. Mutt came here in his pickup truck, which is parked right out front. He's got the keys to both vehicles, and the keys to the cuffs. I think Ghost has keys to the van too." He picked up the radio. "Doc, what the hell is going on?" he said into it. "You knew this was going to happen?!"

"No," answered Doc. "I knew the rangers were going looking for the girls, but nobody was supposed to get hurt. If Mutt hadn't been a dumbass and gone after them, nobody would have been."

"Screw you! You're nothing but a lousy traitor, and you're the one who nearly got us all killed!" He attached the radio to his belt. "Hey, can I go try to help Nitro now?"

Raquel took the sniper rifle and slipped it over her shoulder, then took the AK-47 and slung it on Lara's back. "Zoe, you should take the shotgun," she said, picking up the knife and holding it in her left hand while she retained the pistol in her right. "There's still the M-16 and this .45 too."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Zoe slings the M-16 over her shoulder, stuffs the .45 into the belt and holds the shotgun. She says to Dan, "That's all the weapons taken care of. Go find Mutt and the keys. I'll come with you if you need back-up."
zhirinovsky
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 1 month

Post by zhirinovsky »

"I'll stay here as planned and keep these arseholes here. Deadeye, patch yourself up and your good-for-nothing friend there. Then you've got a lotta explaining to do."
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

ooc- Nobody found the keys when they searched Ghost?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Zoe[/b] searched [b]Ghost[/b], but she didn't find the keys. Of course, she wasn't looking for them.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

"Julie, If either of these clowns acts funny just shoot them. Don't wait around just do it."Dan says before nodding to Zoe and making his way up the stairs cautiously with his AK raised.
Handy,I did a preemptive [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2498125/]Spot Hidden[/url] roll just in case one is required.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the living room-
Zoe collected the remaining weapons, putting one pistol in her holster and tucking the other into her belt. She slung the M-16 over her shoulder and held the shotgun in her hands, but it was awkward because they were cuffed so closely together. Lara just kept weeping uncontrollably.

"Poor Lara," said Raquel, trying to soothe her, but to no avail. "We should all just get out of here."

Deadeye sat down next to Nitro and got to work, managing to remove the bullet and stop the bleeding easily. "Nitro, wake up!" he said.

Nitro groaned in pain. "What happened?" he asked, looking around.

"They got us. Dan shot you in the back, and then Zoe slashed my leg."

"She should have aimed a little higher," said Raquel, brandishing her pistol.

"Listen, Doc and Sally betrayed us," said Deadeye. "They were in this with the rangers. Ghost is dead, but Mutt might still be alive somewhere."

Dan crept up the stairs.
OOC,[b]Zoe[/b], if you ever want to fire the shotgun while your hands are cuffed, you'll be at half skill. You spent last round gathering weapons, but this round you may go upstairs if you wish.
In the upstairs hall-
When Dan reached the upstairs landing and looked around the corner, he saw that the hall was a terrible mess. His grenade had blackened the walls, and the blast had shattered the window. He noticed that there was some blood on the floor and on the windowsill. There was no sign of Mutt, however. The three doors in this hall all remained open. The first door on the right led to the child's bedroom, which was still lit. The second door led to the bathroom, which was still dark. The door at the back went to the lit master bedroom where Ghost's body lay.
OOC,[b]Dan[/b], whatever else you decide to do, roll Sneak. The base skill is 10%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Zoe follows the ranger, she whispers, "Mutt must be in one of these rooms. Why don't we lob in a grenade before we take a look see?"

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”