Page 1 of 1

IC-SWORD-Damsel in Distress(Dan/Julie/Zoe/Raquel/Lara)

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:44 am
by Mr. Handy
Z-Day - 7:50 PM Mountain Time - Chimney Rock, western Nebraska
In the woods-
Julie St. James nodded and drove where Dan Aldrich indicated. She also heard nothing. A moment later the young woman was lit up by the pickup's headlights. She was about twenty years old, and her blonde hair was plastered to her head, and her body was glistening with water. She had a terrified look on her face. Julie brought the truck to a halt and rolled down her window, leaning out. "Over here!" she called, waving.

Lara Voronova ran up to the front of the pickup truck, waving her arms overhead. "Bozhemoi!" she cried. "Help!" She glanced nervously over her shoulder, having heard something behind her, but she couldn't quite see anything.

Dan did see a pair of headlights in the distance, coming from the direction of the house. They looked to be heading in his general direction.

Re: IC-SWORD-Damsel in Distress(Dan Aldrich/Julie/Lara Voronova)

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:11 am
by Voodoo
Dan looks to Julie and says, "I think we're about to have some company soon. We need to get her in here and get off this road. When she gets in turn off the lights and move us off the path and hopefully they won't see us."

Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:46 am
by Mr. Handy
In the woods-
"We're not really on a path at all," said Julie. She flicked off the headlights right away, then opened her door and climbed out, waving Lara over. The girl slipped inside and slid into the middle seat, and Julie got back in and closed the door. She turned the truck in a wide arc to the right. The approaching vehicle was angling to the left, and soon it rolled past them some distance to the side.

When it was gone, Lara finally exhaled. "I thought I was goner," she said in a Russian accent. "Mutt was going to kill me...slowly."

Julie placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "You're safe now. My name's Julie. What's your name?"

"Lara," she said. "Lara Voronova. We have to get back to house, the way I come. Zoe and Raquel are alone with Ghost. There's no telling what he do to them!"

Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:51 pm
by Voodoo
"I think our best bet would be to approach the house on foot rather then driving there. We don't want Ghost to here us driving up and get spooked. Lara do you think you could lead us back the way you came?"

Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:06 pm
by Mr. Handy
In the woods-
"Da," said Lara, nodding. Julie shut off the engine, and all three of them got out of the truck. Julie locked it.

"That's a good idea," said Julie. "I just hope we don't have to make a quick getaway. "Let's go."

"This way," said Lara. She led the way north, back towards the house. Dan could see lights in its windows in the distance. "Please, can I have gun?"
OOC,[b]Dan[/b], roll Sneak. The base skill is 10%. Even if you fail, there's still a good chance you won't be heard. Also, roll Listen.

Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:45 am
by Voodoo
Dan follows Lara through the woods. Trying to move as silently as possible he hands Lara his handgun and whispers, "Do you know how to use this?"

Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:13 am
by Mr. Handy
In the woods-
"Da," said Lara, gratefully taking the revolver.
OOC,[b]Dan[/b], roll Listen.

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:30 am
by Mr. Handy
In the woods-
Lara led the way north, more concerned with speed than with stealth or with paying attention to her surroundings. It was hard for Dan and Julie to keep up with her. Julie wasn't very stealthy either, nor was she observant. Dan, however, could hear things coming from the house as they got closer.

First, a woman shouted "I can't take it any more, you ape!" Then another woman called "Leave her alone!" After that, he recognized Ghost's voice saying: "Yow! What's the matter with you?!" He continued to speak, but his words weren't loud enough to make out.

Outside the house-
Lara ran up to the small house, followed by the rangers. Now that they were almost there, they could see that the front door had been forced open, and light was coming from inside, as well as from the upstairs windows. The raised voices had also come from the upstairs windows. Lara hurried to the open front door.
OOC,I rolled Listen for [b]Dan[/b] to keep things moving forward. [b]Dan[/b], roll Spot Hidden.

Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:08 am
by Voodoo
As they get to the house Dan grabs Laras arm and whispers, "Hold up, We need to go in quietly. We don't want to alert Ghost that we're here. If he hears us he'll call Mutt back and then we're all in trouble." as he says that Dan spots something.

Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:32 am
by Mr. Handy
Outside the house-
Lara tensed involuntarily at Dan's touch, but she stopped and nodded. Looking up at the house, Dan could see that the upstairs window on the left side was open, and a drainpipe ran up the side of the building not far away from it. The second woman's voice had been coming from that room. The window on the right was still closed, and the voices of the first woman and Ghost had come from that room.
OOC,[b]Dan[/b], if you choose to climb up to the open window, roll Climb. A normal failure will only waste time, and you will not risk injury unless you get a critical failure (in which case you should roll Jump).

Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:12 pm
by Voodoo
"I'm going to climb in that window. You two wait five minutes once im through the window and then quietly make your way up the stair. I'm going to try and take Ghost by suprise and secure him somehow." Dan whispers to the two women before heading over to the drain pipe and climbing up.

Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:57 am
by Mr. Handy
Outside the house-
"Be careful," Julie whispered back. She checked her watch as Dan began his climb.

"I was lying," came the first woman's voice from the upstairs window on the right, "I hate you all!" She began to sob.

"Gotcha!" said Ghost's voice from the same window. The crying continued.

"Poor Zoe," Lara whispered to Julie. "Ghost has her up there. We have to do something!"

"But Dan said to wait..." said Julie, uncertainly.

As Dan made his way up the pipe, he could hear a woman weeping from within the left upstairs window, the one that was open. He managed to climb up high enough that he could see into the open window. Inside was a child's bedroom, and the lights were on. An open door in the wall opposite the window led to a hallway, and there were no other exits from the room. A race car bed was in one corner, and a toybox was in another. The Hispanic woman he had seen earlier was sitting on the floor next to the window, still wearing only lingerie. Her right arm was handcuffed to a radiator underneath the window, and she was trying to break off the metal bar to which she was cuffed, but she wasn't getting anywhere. With a surprised gasp, she craned her neck and turned to look right at him.

Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:16 pm
by Voodoo
As Dan climbs quietl through the window he whispers, "Don't be afraid, I am here to help. We found Lara[/b ]in the woods and she led us here. I have to leave you here for a bit so I can try and take care of Ghost before he can hurt the other girl. Can you stay quiet?"

Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:58 pm
by zhirinovsky
Waiting anxiously, Julie begins to get restless, both over Dan's safety and that Lara might leap into the house without warning. She flicks her gaze between the window Dan climbed through, the distant darkness, Lara and her watch. Demandingly, she restates: "Just wait, wait".

Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:56 am
by Mr. Handy
In the child's bedroom-
Dan Alridch,The woman nodded. "He took [b]Zoe[/b] down the hall, to the right," she whispered back. "Hurry, save her!" "Do you know how it feels to be wanted, I wonder?" came the voice of the other woman, presumably [b]Zoe[/b], from the direction [b]Raquel[/b] had indicated. "You disgust me. Get on with it!" Peeking through the door, [b]Dan[/b] could see a lit hallway outside, leading left and right. About a dozen feet to the left, it turned around the corner to the left. Two doors were visible to the right. One was in the same wall as the bedroom door, and it was open. No light was on within. The other door was at the right end of the hall. It was closed, and a light was visible underneath it. "Guess [b]Mutt[/b]'s back," said [b]Ghost[/b] from somewhere behind the closed door.
Outside the house-
Lara nodded, trying to hold back her tears. She hugged Julie, pressing her face against her shoulder. Checking her watch, Julie could see that two minutes had passed so far.

Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:34 am
by Voodoo
handy,if dan used the butt of his gun to hit Ghost in the face what kind of damage would that cause and is it count as a possible knockout attack?

Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:05 am
by Mr. Handy
Dan Aldrich,You would essentially be using the rifle as a Large Club - the base skill is 25%. It may be used as a knockout attempt. Of course, you have to see him first before you can attack him...

Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:18 am
by Voodoo
Handy,Sorry one last question, does dan know if the sound from a gunshot would travel as far as the ranger station or not?

Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:59 am
by Mr. Handy
Dan Aldirch,Yes, it would. The ranger station is less than 100 yards away - which also makes it within rifle range.

Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:37 am
by Voodoo
Dan silently berates himself for making so much noise as he unslings his rifle from his shoulder. Realizing he can actually use this to his advantage to get close to the room he makes his way down the hall to the closed door where he assumes Ghost is at.

Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:41 am
by Mr. Handy
Dan Aldrich,[b]In the upstairs hall-[/b] As [b]Dan[/b] reached the door, he heard a sudden smacking sound on the other side. [spoiler]Sorry I forgot to mention this before. Using the rifle as a club does 1d8+db damage if you hit.[/spoiler]

Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:41 am
by Voodoo
Dan stands in front of the door and takes a deep breath before throwing it open and quickly moving into the room.

Re: IC-SWORD-Damsel in Distress(Dan/Julie/Zoe/Raquel/Lara)

Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:41 am
by Mr. Handy
Outside the house-
Julie and Lara waited impatiently as the seconds ticked by. It had now been three minutes.
OOC,[b]Julie[/b], I didn't get a post for you. Even if your character is just waiting, you should still post describing your inaction. That way I know that you're doing nothing so that I don't have to wait to see if you're going to post or not before I update.
In the child's bedroom-
Raquel waited quietly, daring to hope for the first time. She dried her tears with her arm.

In the master bedroom-
When Dan opened the door, he took in a very disturbing sight. The room on the other side was a bedroom, with a window at the back of the room and one on either side. Against the wall not far from the door, several feet to the right, was a bed, and on top of the bed were two people struggling. Ghost was on top, his belt unbuckled and his fly unzipped. Beneath him he had Zoe pinned with his left arm. The blonde girl was in her late teens. She did not appear to be physically hurt, but she was still in a dire situation. Her hands were cuffed together in front of her, and she wore a red strapless dress, its skirt hiked up almost to her waist.

"I never knew you liked it rough, Zoe," said Ghost as the door swung open. Had Dan been a moment later, there was no doubt in his mind that Ghost would have forced himself on the poor girl. Zoe recognized Dan as the male ranger that she had seen when she had escaped from the van, and he had a rifle in his hands. She felt relief wash over her, but she knew that she wasn't rescued yet...

Ghost turned his head when he heard the door open and saw Dan. With lightning reactions, he drew a pistol from his belt holster with his right hand. He also had an AK-47 strapped to his back.
OOC,We're in a combat round now. [b]Dan[/b], you may go first only if you fire the rifle. If you do, you're at point blank range. You still need to roll in case of an impale or a Malfunction. If you want to do something else, such as make a hand-to-hand attack, let me know and [b]Ghost[/b] will get a chance to act. [b]Zoe[/b], you'll have to wait for your action until after [b]Ghost[/b] goes.

Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:07 am
by Voodoo
Realizing that he has lost any chance for stealth Dan raises his rifle and fires at Ghost.
damage,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2440721/]10[/url], [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2440723/]7[/url]

Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:34 am
by Mr. Handy
In the master bedroom-
Ghost took the round in his thigh. It ripped apart his femoral artery before punching through the back of his stomach and embedding itself in the wall. Blood spurted out from the wound, splattering Zoe in a red fountain. Ghost had obviously been killed instantly and never even knew what hit him. His lifeless body pitched forward, collapsing on top of her.

"What was that shot?" crackled Mutt's voice from the radio on Ghost's belt.
OOC,[b]Dan[/b], roll Sanity for killing [b]Ghost[/b]. Sanity loss is 0/1d4. [b]Zoe[/b], roll Sanity as well for getting covered in gore and having a corpse fall on you. Your Sanity loss is only 0/1d3. [b]Dan[/b], you may speak, but you may not otherwise act this round - firing the rifle was your action. [b]Zoe[/b], you may now act. If you want to try to get [b]Ghost[/b] off of you, you'll need to roll your STR against his SIZ of 13 on the Resistance Table, which gives you a 50% chance. Also, both of you roll Listen.
Outside the house-
Lara gasped when she heard the gunshot ring out above. She left Julie's side and ran into the house's open front door.
OOC,[b]Julie[/b], you are free to act too. Also, give me a Listen roll. You heard the shot; this is for something else. Since it's not listed on your character sheet, the base skill is 25%.

Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:47 am
by Voodoo
Dan was visibly shaken by the brutality of what he had just done. Killing those monsters was one thing but killing humans was far more disturbing it seemed. In a hushed tone Dan asks Zoe, "Are you ok? Did he hurt you?"

Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:51 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Dan[/b], please roll Listen as well. You probably pulled up the post above before I edited that in.

Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:54 am
by Voodoo
Listen,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2440754/]24[/url]

Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:56 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Thanks. I'll let you know what you heard in my next update. By the way, I made one more edit, this one to the description of what you saw when you entered. [b]Ghost[/b]'s AK-47 does not have a bayonet.

Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:56 pm
by zhirinovsky
Listen,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2441125/]93[/url]
After hearing the gunshot, Julie quietly calls after Lara, "Lara, wait!". Julie runs into the house.

Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:34 am
by Tabs

[ooc: Sanity 37%; Sanity loss (if applicable); STR vs SIZ 50%; Listen 40% (1d100=47, 1d3=3, 1d100=71, 1d100=84)]
Dan asks Zoe, "Are you ok? Did he hurt you?"
"You have no idea what I've been through," Zoe mumbles. She struggles against Ghost's corpse, but, has little effect upon it. Eyes flickering, she appears to faint.

Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:15 am
by Mr. Handy
In the living room-
The lights in the living room were on, revealing a sofa, coffee table, and TV. As she entered, Julie could see stairs leading up along the left wall. An open door was in the left wall of the living room, beneath the stairs. Light came from within. Another open door through which more light streamed was in the back wall of the living room, and a closed door was in the right wall.

Lara gasped again when she heard something. "Bozhemoi!" she said, running up the stairs. "He's coming back!"

In the child's bedroom-
Raquel flinched when she heard the shot. She didn't know who had shot whom, but either way, she knew she had to get out of there - especially given what she could hear through the open window. She tugged desperately at the metal radiator bar to which she was handcuffed, but it was no good.

In the master bedroom-
Zoe pushed at the dead body on top of her, but Ghost was just too heavy. Blood continued to gush from his wound and all over her legs and the bedsheets. The horror of her situation was finally catching up to her, and she felt dizzy and lightheaded. She had just been saved against all odds, but she wasn't out of the woods yet.

"It wasn't us," said Nitro's voice on the dead man's radio. "Everything's quiet here."

"Ghost, did you fire?" asked Mutt's voice. He paused. "Ghost? You there? Will you stop screwing Zoe for one second and answer me?"
Dan Aldrich,[b]Dan[/b] could hear the sound of a vehicle through the closed window on the right, which faced south. It sounded like it was getting closer.
OOC,If either of you wants to try to get [b]Ghost[/b]'s body off of [b]Zoe[/b], you need to roll on the Resistance Table for your STR against his SIZ of 13. Since you each have a STR of 13, this is a 50% chance. If you both work together, you will succeed automatically and do not need to roll. Anyone doing this cannot take other actions this turn (other than speaking).

Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:05 am
by Voodoo
Seeing Zoe struggling with Ghosts body Dan moves over to help her roll him off, "Do you know if Ghost has the keys to everyones cuffs?"

Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:09 am
by Tabs
[ooc: I think Zoe does know but Tabs has forgotten.]

Reviving she pushes Ghost away, "Uggh!

"Thank you, whoever you are, but, be careful: there are two more of them. They'll kill you if they get the chance."

Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:34 pm
by zhirinovsky
Julie calls to Lara "Wait, will you? Don't get yourself killed!" At the thought of Dan being murdered, Julie drops the calm facade and cautiously, but quickly, heads up the stairs, gun in hand.

Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:28 am
by Mr. Handy
In the upstairs hall-
Lara heard Julie call out and stopped, leaning against the wall near the top of the stairs, just as the hall rounded a corner to the right. She stood panting for breath as Julie caught up with her. Around the corner, they could see that the hall had three doors. The first two doors were on the right, and they stood open. A child's bedroom was visible through the first door, and the light was on inside. The second door led to a darkened room that wasn't visible from here. The door at the far end of the hall was wide open. Beyond it was another bedroom, and to Julie's relief Dan was visible through the doorway.

"He's back, he's back," gasped Lara, her eyes filled with dread and panic, and her legs quivered, threatening to give way. "What do we do, Julie? What do we do?" She began to hyperventilate.

In the child's bedroom-
Raquel heard the two women coming upstairs. "Lara?" she asked, still tugging at the radiator uselessly. "Please, get me out of here!"

In the master bedroom-
Working together, Dan and Zoe rolled the corpse off of her, and it fell to the floor on the far side of the bed with a squelching sound - except for the leg, which had fallen off and remained on the bed. Zoe regained her feet. She was still drenched in Ghost's blood. At least it didn't show on her red dress. Both of them heard the women in the hall outside and Raquel's voice coming from the other bedroom.

"Nitro and Deadeye," said Mutt on the radio. "Get your asses over to that small house to the northwest. Doc and Sally, hold down the fort."

"On our way," replied Nitro.

"Roger that," said Doc a moment later.
Dan Aldrich,[b]Dan[/b] heard another sound over the commotion - the sound of a pickup truck's engine. It was coming from just outside the house. He heard the vehicle pull up, and then the sound of the engine stopped.
Zoe Gallagher,[b]Ghost[/b] did tell you that [b]Mutt[/b] has the handcuff keys, but that he does not. Of course, he could have been lying. While you cannot pick your own handcuffs' lock, you could possibly pick the lock on [b]Raquel[/b]'s cuffs once you find out about it and get over to her. There were more than two others; [b]Mutt[/b] just mentioned their names on the radio.
OOC,Anyone who wants to spend their action this turn searching the body should roll Spot Hidden. You'll still find some things even if you fail the roll. However, you won't be able to do other things this turn besides speaking and possibly taking what you find.

Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:32 pm
by Voodoo
ooc- are there any lights on in the hallway near the stairs?

"Julie, Lara get in here and get down. I think Mutt is outside." Dan says towards the open door. Dan begins removing the AK-47 from Ghosts body. Looking to Zoe he whispers, "You're going to have to hang tight for a little while longer. I have to deal with Mutt before I can get you uncuffed."

Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:31 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Yes, the hallway is lit, as are both bedrooms. You can grab the AK-47 and still do something else this turn. [b]Zoe[/b]'s hands are cuffed together, but she isn't cuffed to anything like [b]Raquel[/b] is.
Zoe Gallagher,Actually, you already know that [b]Raquel[/b] is cuffed in the other bedroom. You saw her in there on your way up. If you want, you can reach the other bedroom this turn, but you won't be able to try to pick the lock just yet.

Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:07 pm
by Tabs
Zoe:
"All this gore!
"If we survive this, Mr Ranger, we'll have to introduce ourselves properly. Ghost was a bastard, it's a shame his death was so quick. I'll search Ghost and then try to lockpick Raquel's cuffs."

[ooc: Spot Hidden 41% (1d100=73)]

Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:27 pm
by zhirinovsky
"OK" Julie agrees fervently, and heads into the bedroom, pushing Lara in with her. Upon seeing Ghost, Julie coils back in disgust, "Jesus! What the hell happened?"

Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:38 pm
by Voodoo
Dan grabs the AK-47 and heads into the hallway and looks around for the light switch, "does anyone know if this place as a back door? I want to try and sneak out the back and get the drop on Mutt."

Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:27 am
by zhirinovsky
"Don't know, as soon as I heard the shot, we headed straight up here. Thought you were a gonner. Damn glad you're not. Is Mutt and co heading this way now?"

Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:25 am
by Mr. Handy
In the master bedroom-
Lara followed Julie numbly into the bedroom. When she saw the blood and gore, she gagged in shock, then screamed. She looked around wildly in terror. "Don't go," she pleaded as Dan slid past her. "He'll kill you..."

Zoe saw that in addition to the 9mm pistol in its holster, Ghost had other things on his utility belt. There was a large commando knife in a sheath, as well as two grenades and an ammo pouch attached to the belt. Additionally, the radio was clipped onto the belt. She found nothing else of interest searching through the grisly remains.
OOC,[b]Julie[/b], roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d3. Whether you succeed or fail, you may act freely. [b]Zoe[/b], you may take what you want as part of last turn's action. Keep in mind the difficulty in carrying many things. The simplest thing would be to take the whole belt and put it on. You may make it to the other bedroom this turn, but you cannot try to pick the lock just yet.
In the upstairs hall-
Dan made his way back to the hall, slinging the bolt action rifle over his shoulder so he could carry the AK-47. He found a light switch on the wall at the top of the stairs.
OOC,[b]Dan[/b], roll Idea.
In the child's bedroom-
"There's a back door in the kitchen downstairs," Raquel said when she saw and heard Dan going by. She tugged at the radiator some more, uselessly.

Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:15 am
by Tabs
"OK" Julie agrees fervently, and heads into the bedroom, pushing Lara in with her. Upon seeing Ghost, Julie coils back in disgust, "Jesus! What the hell happened?"
"Attempted rape, murder: it's all happening in here! That," says Zoe, casually indicating the leg and bloody corpse, "was Ghost. A member of an utterly evil sex gang. Ms Ranger, don't let them take you alive.
"Lara - hi."
Zoe straps on the belt and heads to the other bedroom: "Raquel is chained to the radiator."

Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:54 pm
by Voodoo
Dan thanks Raquel and makes his way to the stairs on his way to the backdoor.
idea,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2449546/]45[/url]

Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:02 am
by Mr. Handy
Dan Aldirch,[b]Dan[/b] realized that killing [b]Mutt[/b] would not be as easy as killing [b]Ghost[/b] had been. He had caught [b]Ghost[/b] with his pants literally down, but now [b]Mutt[/b] had to suspect something was up and would be ready. Having the AK-47 would help, but the odds were still not in his favor. Going up against [b]Mutt[/b] directly and alone would be suicide. Laying an ambush of some sort would be a better way to go. His thought about turning out the lights was a good one, but he did recall there was a light switch at the bottom of the stairs as well as at the top. It was a good bet that both of them controlled the lights in the upstairs hall. There were also the other two skinheads to worry about: [b]Nitro[/b] and [b]Deadeye[/b]. They probably couldn't have arrived yet, but they would be sure to sooner or later. He also had to take into account the possibility that [b]Mutt[/b] was already inside the house... [spoiler]Let me know whether or not this changes your course of action this turn. Also, give me a Sneak roll. The base skill is 10%.[/spoiler]

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:18 pm
by Voodoo
Handy,Sneak [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2451668/]failed[/url] also I think It may just change my plans :)

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:08 am
by Mr. Handy
Dan Aldrich,In that case, let me know what you're doing instead.

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:32 am
by Voodoo
Handy,Can I do another Idea roll because i'm fresh out of ideas lol.

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:38 am
by Voodoo
Dan heads into the room Raquel is in, "Ok, So I have a new idea. Does this house have a window facing the back on this floor? If it does then I suggest Zoe, Lara and Julie head into that room and start climbing out the widow and making your way into the woods. I will attempt to get Raquel loose by shooting the chain on the cuffs and then we'll follow. Whats everyone think of that?"

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:02 pm
by Tabs
Zoe:
"Yeah, there is a window. First, let me try to pick the cuff's lock, if that fails we'll do what you say."
Mr. Handy,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2452232/]Locksmith 51% (1d100=30)[/url]

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:14 am
by Mr. Handy
In the master bedroom-
Julie gaped in shock at the scene before her in the bedroom. She was momentarily stunned but quickly recovered.

When she heard Dan mention windows, Lara bolted over to the window on the left wall of the bedroom, which overlooked the back of the house. She opened it up hastily, letting the cold night wind into the room.
OOC,[b]Julie[/b], you didn't post, so I rolled Sanity for you.
In the child's bedroom-
Dan and Zoe entered the bedroom and went over to Raquel. They knew that there was a window in the other bedroom that faced the back of the house, as well as one in the hallway just outside. The only window in this bedroom, which was still open, faced the front of the house. Raquel kept tugging at the radiator with no more luck than she'd had previously.
Dan Aldrich,Sorry, one Idea roll to a customer. You got all you could out of that one, but you're having some good ideas of your own.
Zoe Gallagher,Remember, I said that you couldn't try to pick the lock yet last turn. Your entire action was moving from the master bedroom to this one. This turn you'll be picking the lock as your action, and you can apply your successful roll now.

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:45 pm
by Voodoo
Dan looks at Zoe for a moment before nodding, "Alright, I'll give you one shot at it before we switch to my plan. You need to be quick though cause Mutt could already be inside and we wouldn't know it."

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:15 pm
by Tabs
Zoe nods: "I understand," and begins to pick the lock. "Hold on in there, Raquel, one way or another you'll be free of the cuffs."

Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:31 am
by Mr. Handy
in the master bedroom-
Lara held her gun in her mouth and climbed out the window while Julie watched the hall nervously. With an agility born of desperation, she scaled the wall and decsended to the ground safely and quickly.

Before Julie could follow her, she caught a glimpse of Mutt appearing at the far end of the hall, peeking around the corner from the landing at the top of the stairs. He was holding his M-16 in both hands. "Well, well, Julie," he said. "What are you doing here?"
OOC,[b]Julie[/b], if you want to climb out the window, roll Climb. The base skill is 40%. If that fails, roll Jump. The base skill is 25%. If you want to draw a weapon and attack [b]Mutt[/b], he will be able to shoot first.
In the child's bedroom-
Using her belt buckle, Zoe managed to fiddle around with the handcuff lock until she tripped it. Raquel slipped out of the cuffs, hugging Zoe and rubbing her sore wrist. "I thought I'd never get out," she whispered.

Just then, the two women and Dan heard Mutt's voice from out in the hall, somewhere to the left of the door. They couldn't see him, however.
OOC,[b]Dan[/b] and [b]Zoe[/b], either of you may try to climb out of the open window this turn, but not both of you. If you try, roll Climb, and if that fails, roll Jump. If both of you want to get out of the window, [b]Zoe[/b] gets there first as she has higher DEX. I think [b]Dan[/b] would let her go first anyway.

Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:15 am
by Voodoo
ooc- Did Dan see what Zoe took off of Ghosts body?

Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:24 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,He didn't see her actually take it, but he can see it now. She put on his belt, and all the stuff she has is on it. He can't see the magazines, which are in ammo pouches, but he can see the weapons.

Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:43 am
by Voodoo
Dan looks at Zoe, "Give me one of those grenades and then you two get out the window in here."

Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:15 pm
by zhirinovsky
OOC,Apologies for not posting Mr. Handy! just got carried away with life.
Julie quickly heads to the window, grabs hold of the windowsill and kicks her legs out of the opening. Rushing, she slips and loses her grip but manages to fall nimbly and rolls as she hits the floor.

Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:54 pm
by Tabs
Zoe hands a grenade to Dan, "I hope you know how to use these things. Good luck. Blow that bastard Mutt to pieces!"
She then climbs out the window, carefully.

[ooc: Climb 50% Jump 35% (1d100=46, 1d100=4)]

Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:06 pm
by Mr. Handy
Dan Aldrich,If you want to throw the grenade through the door towards where you heard [b]Mutt[/b]'s voice, roll Throw. The base skill is 25%, but you do get the +20 because [b]Julie[/b] is in danger as far as you know, which gives you a 45% chance. If you succeed, roll 4d6 for damage. If you fail, roll Luck.

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:12 am
by Voodoo
ooc,couple of questions before I go throwing grenades around. Has Raquel made it out the window and second did you say that a fall from the window wouldn't cause damage?

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:37 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,No, [b]Raquel[/b] is still in the room. Only one person can get out the window per turn and [b]Zoe[/b] went first. A fall from the window [i]will[/i] cause damage unless you succeed at a Jump roll.

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:29 am
by Voodoo
Once Dan sees Raquel making her way out the window he pulls the pin on the grenade and tosses it out the door in the direction of Mutts voice. As soon as the grenade leaves Dans hand he runs towards the window.
Damage,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2460275/]14[/url]

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:01 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Raquel[/b] will not be able to get out the window this turn. [b]Mutt[/b] will get to act before then. Please confirm that you're waiting until next turn, and then I'll update.

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:13 am
by Voodoo
Handy,Oops , Sorry I jumped the gun a little bit. Yes I will be waiting till next turn

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:45 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Welcome back, Zhirinovsky! It's a good thing you came back when you did. Having [b]Julie[/b] stand still any longer would have been dangerous!
In the child's bedroom-
Zoe climbed out the window as best she could with her hands still cuffed together. She nearly slipped, but she managed to cling to the windowsill. Before Raquel could make it out the window, Dan heard something small bounce against the wall outside the room, followed by a hissing sound and a thud.

As Dan waited, grenade in hand, Raquel scrambled through the window after Zoe. However, in her panic she lost her grip and fell helplessly to the ground below, landing hard.
OOC,[b]Dan[/b], now your grenade throw takes effect. You can take no other actions this round. You've already rolled, so those rolls stand. I'll let you know what you can determine about what happens in the next update. In the meantime, the others get a chance to act.
Outside the child's bedroom window-
Zoe made her way over to the drainpipe and held onto it. Before she could get down to the ground, she saw Raquel emerge from the window and tumble to the earth below, not far from the white pickup truck that was parked near the front door.
OOC,[b]Zoe[/b], you can make it to the ground this turn, but that will be your action. [b]Lara[/b] made it down so fast because she got a critical success on her Climb roll, and [b]Julie[/b] and [b]Raquel[/b] did because they got an assist from gravity - they fell. You got a normal success, so it will take this turn to get down safely. Please roll Spot Hidden at 1/5 of your skill.
Behind the house-
Julie landed like a cat after her fall from the window. The house's back door had been forced open, just like the front door had. Once Lara saw that she was okay, she gripped her gun in her hand so tight that her knuckles turned white and took off around the corner to the east side of the house at a run. "Come on, Julie!" she said. "We have to get to your truck!"
OOC,[b]Julie[/b], please roll Spot Hidden at 1/5 of your skill. Since the base skill is 25%, this means you only have a 5% chance. Also, please roll Listen at full skill. The base skill is 25%.
In front of the house-
Lara reached the front of the house a few seconds before Raquel plummeted to the ground nearby.

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:45 am
by Tabs
Zoe:

[ooc: Spot Hidden 41% x 1/5 (1d100=3) Amazing!]

"Raquel!" she gasps in dismay as the girl falls.

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:47 pm
by Mr. Handy
Zoe Gallagher,As she swung over to the drainpipe, [b]Zoe[/b] caught a glimpse of a green pickup truck parked in the woods, some 50 yards or so directly away from the house. [b]Zoe[/b], roll Listen as well please, at full skill.

Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:48 pm
by zhirinovsky
OOC,Yeah, that was good timing! Oh I accidentally put down listen instead of spot for my first roll in the notes. It'll be obvious when you read it.

After picking herself up off the floor, Julie quickly looks around. She catches a noise as she begins to head for the truck.

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:42 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Thanks, I understand what you did there. I'm going ahead with the update now. [b]Dan[/b] performed his action in advance already, and [b]Zoe[/b]'s player is currently absent, so I'll roll Listen for her.
In the master bedroom-
Dan lobbed the grenade through the open door, banking it off of the wall outside the room. He saw it bounce away to the left, and a few seconds later there was an explosion that caused the small house to rattle! He heard Mutt cry out in pain, and then silence.

Behind the house-
Julie followed Lara around the side of the house to the front.

In front of the house-
"Raquel!" cried Lara when she saw her friend lying injured on the ground, moaning in pain.

"Not again..." groaned Raquel.

Lara ran over to her and managed to soothe her cuts and bruises, making her feel a little better. "Can you walk?"

"I...I think so," said Raquel, standing uneasily with Lara's help as Zoe reached the ground.

"Good, we have to go now!" She was paying no attention to her surroundings.

Raquel could see nothing either, but she gasped when she heard something. She nodded and peered out into the woods. "Something's coming!" she hissed.

A moment later, a loud explosion came from within the house and upstairs that caused it to vibrate. Julie raced around to the front of the building and rejoined the other women. Dan was still up there!
Julie St. James,[b]Julie[/b] then heard the sound of a twig snapping, coming from the woods to the southeast. It was only barely audible over the explosion's reverberations and her ringing ears, but she was able to make it out. She couldn't see what caused it, though.
Zoe Gallagher,[b]Zoe[/b] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2462901/]then heard the sound of a twig snapping[/url], coming from the woods. With her back to the house, it was coming from ahead and to the left. The green truck was straight ahead. The sound was only barely audible over the explosion's reverberations and her ringing ears, but she was able to make it out. She couldn't see what caused it, though, even with her keen vision. All she could see were trees that way, except for the ranger station she had seen earlier and the white van that were off in that direction some 70 to 75 yards or so. She spotted [b]Sally[/b] in the distance, climbing onto the station's roof from within.

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:53 pm
by Tabs
Zoe:

"There's somebody coming, over in the woods," she points to her front and left a bit, "let's find cover round the other side of the house. Quick!"

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:49 pm
by Voodoo
As the house stops shaking from the explosion, Dan runs to the window and begins making his way down the drainpipe.

Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:47 pm
by zhirinovsky
"Shit! what the hell was that?" Julie cried as she is thrown aback by the explosion. In response to Zoe's remark, she responds, nodding in agreement "Yeah, I heard something too. I think you may be right. Go, I'll wait for Dan."

Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:05 pm
by Mr. Handy
In front of the house-
As Zoe started running around the other side of the house towards the back, the radio on her belt crackled to life. "Mutt, what the hell was that?" came Doc's voice. Lara and Raquel ran on towards the back of the house while Julie waited in front.

A moment later, Deadeye arrived from the woods at a run, coming from the direction Zoe had indicated. He held his rifle ready in his hands and was looking around, but luckily for Dan he did not look up. He came to a halt when he saw Julie. "Julie, what's going on?" he asked.
Julie St. James,[b]Julie[/b] could hear more footsteps, coming quickly from the same direction from which [b]Deadeye[/b] had arrived.
Outside the window-
Dan climbed out the window and grabbed onto the drainpipe as the women he had rescued ran around to the back of the house. Before he could climb down to the ground, Deadeye arrived below, and he heard his conversation with Julie. Deadeye did not appear to see him.
OOC,[b]Dan[/b], please roll Spot Hidden at 1/5 skill and Listen at full skill. You cannot shoot at [b]Deadeye[/b] this round, as it takes both hands to fire a rifle and you need at least one to hold onto the drainpipe. You gave your pistol to someone else, and you already used your grenade. You may if you wish climb down to the ground or back inside through the window as your action this turn.
Behind the house-
Lara reached the back of the house, followed by Zoe and then Raquel. The back door, which led into the lit kitchen, had been forced open just like the front door.
OOC,[b]Zoe[/b], please roll Spot Hidden at 1/5 skill and Listen at full skill again.

Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:02 am
by Tabs
Zoe:

[ooc: Spot Hidden 1/5 Listen (1d100=76, 1d100=98)]

Whether caused by the explosion or excitement, she didn't know, but, there was a loud drumming sound in her ears. She holds a grenade in readiness and looks at the back door, trying to see into the kitchen.
"Lara, Raquel, there is a pistol on my belt, take it and watch out for Mutt and any of the others. Shoot on sight."

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:38 am
by Voodoo
Dan attempts to climb back up the drain as quietly as possible. He can't see very well but he does hear something while he does.

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:06 am
by Mr. Handy
Zoe Gallagher,[b]Zoe[/b] could see nobody in the kitchen. It looked just as she had left it.
Dan Aldrich,[b]Dan[/b] could hear footsteps, coming quickly from the same direction from which [b]Deadeye[/b] had arrived. [spoiler]Note that if you climb down, you will be seen. [b]Julie[/b] is standing at the bottom of the pipe, and she's already been spotted. Please let me know if you still want to climb down the rest of the way. If not, you can post a different action instead.[/spoiler]

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:43 pm
by Voodoo
ooc- edited Dans move.

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:24 am
by Mr. Handy
Behind the house-
"Can anyone read me?" said Doc's voice from Zoe's radio.

"Nitro here," replied another voice. "Deadeye and I are with Julie, but no sign of the others yet. Damned if I know what's going on."

Lara already had Dan's revolver, which she clutched in her hand with an iron grip. She didn't see much, but she gasped and pointed away from the house. "Something's coming," she whispered. Raquel took the pistol from Zoe's belt and held it nervously. She couldn't see whatever was coming in the dark, and she couldn't quite hear it either...
Zoe Gallagher,...until it was too late! The shambling young man with red eyes came slowly out of the dark just a few yards away, his skin pale in the dim light coming from the kitchen. His arms were outstretched toward the three women as he plodded forward. [b]Lara[/b] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2472362/]blanched in terror[/url], [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2472363/]overwhelmed[/url]. Her mind was blown, and she [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2472364/]barely was aware that her doom was upon her[/url]. She stood stock still and [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2472370/]burst into tears[/url]. [i]It can't end like this...[/i] she thought. [b]Raquel[/b], on the other hand, [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2472375/]managed to keep it together[/url]. [spoiler][b]Zoe[/b], roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d10. If you do not go temporarily insane, you may act. If you choose to attack the zombie, you are too close to use the grenade without catching yourself and your friends in the blast radius, and you've given away your gun. You may use either unarmed combat or your knife (which has a base skill of 25%). You may also attempt to parry the zombie's Bite attack with the knife; your skill in the weapon is your chance to parry. If you choose to flee, make sure you specify which way. Trying to flee directly away from the house means the zombie gets to attack you as you pass. If you flee in any other direction (left, right, or backwards into the kitchen), the zombie will not get to attack you this round. If you want to try to drag [b]Lara[/b] with you, you'll have to roll on the Resistance Table: your STR of 13 against her SIZ of 11. This gives you a 60% chance. If you fail, neither of you goes anywhere this turn.[/spoiler]
In front of the house-
Julie stood motionless, too terrified to speak. Deadeye walked up to her, and Nitro came out of the woods behind him, carrying his AK-47 with attached bayonet. "What's the matter?" drawled Deadeye. "Cat got your tongue? Look, you shouldn't be out here all by your lonesome. Where's Dan? And where's your truck?"

"Can anyone read me?" asked Doc's voice on the skinheads' radios.

Nitro held his AK-47 in one hand and took out his radio. "Nitro here," he said. "Deadeye and I are with Julie, but no sign of the others yet. Damned if I know what's going on." He put the radio back on his belt and approached Julie. "Come on, let's get you inside."

Outside the window-
Seeing and hearing the skinheads below, Dan made his way back to the window and climbed back into the bedroom.

In the child's bedroom-
Dan stepped back onto the floor and turned to look out the window. Below, he could see Deadeye and Nitro standing just a few feet from Julie.
Dan Aldrich,[b]Dan[/b], if you want to fire at one of the skinheads, there's a danger of hitting [b]Julie[/b]. If you miss, you'll have to roll Luck. Your AK-47 can fire a burst, but if you do this, there's an even greater chance of hitting her. If you don't hit with all of the bullets in the burst, you'll need to roll Luck to make sure none of the stray rounds strike her. A burst could target both skinheads if you spread the bullets between them, but you won't gain any bonuses for firing multiple bullets and you'd have to make two rolls to hit at your normal skill, with only the +20 bonus because [b]Julie[/b]'s in danger. This means there's an even greater chance of hitting [b]Julie[/b], and of one or both skinheads surviving. The +20 does [i]not[/i] apply to the Luck roll. You could of course hold your fire.

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:19 pm
by zhirinovsky
OOC,Hmm, got myself into a bit of a pickle here!
Julie beckons the two men inside, and lets them past her the house, and follows them closely behind. Upon entering the house, she raises her gun and rests it against the back of Deadeyes head. "Looks like your little secret is out of the bag. Drop your guns. Both of you."

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:43 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,It's not quite that simple. You can't assume that the other characters will take certain actions. They won't necessarily both go past you ([b]Deadeye[/b] will lead the way, and [b]Nitro[/b] intends to wait for [b]Julie[/b] to enter before he does), so there will still be someone looking at you. You also don't have your gun drawn yet, as you had to leave it in your holster when you went out the window, and you never mentioned drawing it. Even if you do have it in your hand, both skinheads have their rifles in their hands, and they can react faster than you. You might want to edit your post to reflect this. You can go inside this turn and see what happens after that before deciding what action to take.

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:34 pm
by Tabs
Zoe:

[ooc: Sanity 34% (1d100=28)]

"No, no, no, this isn't fair! We're nearly through this." She manages to keep her wits in the face of a new terror.

[ooc: Resitance roll 60% (to drag Lara) (1d100=39)]

She grabs Lara and heads for the kitchen. "Raquel! Shoot! Shoot!"

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:35 am
by Mr. Handy
Behind the house-
Zoe grabbed Lara by the arm and pulled her through the open back door.

"No, he's too close!" said Raquel, turning and running inside after Zoe.

In the kitchen-
Zoe pulled the weeping Lara into the house. The kitchen was otherwise deserted and undisturbed. Doors in the left and right walls remained closed, and the door ahead, which led to the living room, was still open. Through it she could hear footsteps and voices talking. She recognized them as Deadeye, Nitro, and Julie, and she heard their conversation.

Raquel rushed in next. She turned to slam the door, but it no longer closed properly and the zombie pushed its way inside after her. She backpedaled away from it quickly.
OOC,[b]Zoe[/b], you may attack the zombie, or you may retreat through one of the three doors in the room (taking [b]Lara[/b] with you). If you remain in the kitchen this turn for any reason, the zombie will get to attack, but if you exit the room, it will not be able to reach you before you do. There is no need to roll anything if you flee, and you don't need to roll again to pull [b]Lara[/b]. If you take the left door, you'll have to move past the open door to the living room to do so, but you won't if you use the door on the right.
In front of the house-
Nitro signalled for Deadeye to go in first, but he refused to enter until Julie went inside. "I'm not gonna leave you out here all by yourself," he said. After she followed Deadeye into the house, he brought up the rear.

In the living room-
Deadeye stepped inside first, followed by Julie and then Nitro. When they heard Zoe shouting and Lara wailing through the open door to the kitchen, Nitro was momentarily distracted. He stepped past Julie, and that was all the opening she needed to draw her pistol and point it at Deadeye, though he was several feet in front of her. When she spoke, however, Nitro spun around and aimed his AK-47 at her!

"No, you drop your gun," said Nitro. "Not a bright move, sweetheart. There's two of us and one of you. I'd really hate to have to hurt you."

"Why'd you have to pull this?" said Deadeye, looking back at her over his shoulder. "We was being nice to you, Julie."
OOC,[b]Julie[/b], an opportunity arose for you to do more or less what you said, but now you may be in an even worse pickle! If you choose to fire your gun, you'll get one shot before [b]Nitro[/b] gets to fire. [b]Deadeye[/b] would also get to fire if he doesn't go down. After that, if you're still able, you'd get your second and third shots. The range is point blank, so you would get to double your skill - however, this cuts both ways. They'd be at point blank range to shoot at you. Firing now could easily get you killed.
In the child's bedroom-
Dan watched helplessly as Julie entered the house with the skinheads. He could no longer see them, but he could still hear them talking below. What was Julie doing now?
OOC,[b]Dan[/b], if you want to climb out the window again, there is no need to roll, since you already succeeded at your Climb roll earlier. However, it will take you two rounds to reach the ground safely. If you jump out the window instead, you can get down in just this round, but you'll need to roll Jump. The base skill is 25%, and you'll get hurt if you fail. You may instead go out into the hall, or you may stay where you are.

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:55 am
by Tabs
Zoe continues into the living room, screaming to Deadeye and Nitro: "You useless sons of bitches, do something useful for once in your lives. IT's in the kitchen, kill it."

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:52 pm
by Voodoo
Seeing Julie and the men entering the house, Dan climbs out the window and jumps.

ooc- Not sure how far I can move so feel free to delete the next part if its to much.

Once on the ground Dan unslings his rifle and creeps towards the door that they just entered.

Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:33 pm
by zhirinovsky
OOC,hmm, sorry about being late to replying, I got incredibly confused. I'm sure at some point I unholstered my weapon, but that must've been upstairs. Cool, looks like you've already done the actions I was going to attempt (emphasis on attempt :-)) I shall pay more attention to the situation in the future. Sowwy guys!
Attempting to steady her nerves, gun raised, Julie says "Looks like we've got ourselves in a bit of a mess here. Two of you, me, and at least one shambling corpse heading this way. Maybe we should listen to your friend."

Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:37 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,That's okay, everything worked out...sort of. ;)
In the living room-
Raquel rushed into the living room after Zoe and Lara, her gun held in her shaking hand. Behind her, a young man with angry red eyes stumbled through the door, letting out an inhuman moan.

Deadeye flinched at the sight, but he had seen enough of these things lately that he wasn't too adversely affected. He stepped back and to the side, raising his rifle and blasting it, destroying the top half of its skull. The ghoul fell to the floor and lay still.

Nitro gaped in terror, but the creature's quick demise kept him from completely losing it.
OOC,[b]Julie[/b], roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d10, so you lose nothing if you succeed but 1d10 if you fail. If you lose 5 or more Sanity, you must then roll Idea. This roll you want to fail, because if you succeed, you'll go temporarily insane.
Outside the house-
Dan landed perfectly and crept over to the door. He was almost there when he heard the gunshot. Peeking around the corner, he looked inside. He could see the partially headless body lying in the kitchen doorway. Nitro and Deadeye were standing close to Julie, near the door. Julie was pointing her pistol at Deadeye, but Nitro had his AK-47 trained on Julie. Zoe had dragged Lara in from the open door at the back of the living room, and Lara clutched Dan's revolver in her hand as she wept uncontrollably. Raquel had followed them into the living room, holding Ghost's pistol.
OOC,Since you got a critical success on your Jump roll, I'll allow it. Nobody has noticed you, as the zombie provided a timely distraction and they're all looking in the opposite direction. You don't need to roll Sanity, as the zombie was slain before you had a chance to see it. If you want to shoot at one of the skinheads, the range is point blank, so you'll only fail to hit on a Malfunction. If you fire a burst, any bullets that don't hit your target(s) may hit [b]Julie[/b], so you'd need to roll Luck. With a single shot you won't need to worry about it, but you will still need to worry about return fire if you shoot now. You may use either rifle (the bolt action Ruger or the AK-47). The AK-47 does less damage, but it is capable of automatic fire or of two single shots per round. Only fire one shot for now if you're shooting; the other shot will come after everyone else gets a first shot.

Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:01 pm
by Tabs
Zoe, mouth open, stares at the corpse as brains trickle on to the carpet. Her abhorence of Nitro and Deadeye is paramount, and she doesn't know the lady ranger; she pulls the grenades pin and lets the grenade drop to the carpet near to the two men. Immediately after she pulls Lara to the floor.

[ooc: Can Zoe do all of this?]

Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:16 pm
by Voodoo
ooc- This is dumb of me but I have forgotten how we handle rolling for burst fire can anyone tell me what I need to roll to determine how many shots hit?

Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:00 am
by zhirinovsky
Julie seemed rather unnerved by the site of the zombie, her concentration being on the two men, and the live grenade bouncing on the floor.
OOC,Hmm. Do I have time to get the hell out of there? Where am I in the room? I'm hoping it's next to the door.

Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:47 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Zoe[/b], you [i]could[/i] do that, but it's a terrible idea, and you don't need an Idea roll to tell you that. Everyone (except [b]Dan[/b]) is in this room, and you'll all take heavy damage from the grenade. We'll treat this as a combat round, so everyone with a gun gets to fire once first. Throwing a grenade would happen in the second half of the round. To do that, you'd need to roll Throw, and if you miss you'll have to roll Luck to see which way it bounces. Even if your throw is on target, you'll still be fairly close to where it detonates. This means that you, [b]Lara[/b], and [b]Raquel[/b] would each take 3d6 damage. Since you're throwing the grenade, you'll have no chance to get out of there. [b]Lara[/b] isn't going anywhere without someone dragging her. [b]Raquel[/b] would get a Dodge roll to get out of the room before it goes off, but if she fails, she will probably die due to her injured state. [b]Lara[/b] will more likely die than not, and you have a decent chance of blowing yourself up as well. [b]Deadeye[/b], [b]Nitro[/b], and [b]Julie[/b] would each take 4d6 damage. [b]Deadeye[/b] cannot roll Dodge, as he fired this round, but [b]Nitro[/b] could. So could [b]Julie[/b], but if she fails she's highly likely to die. Needless to say, the grenade hasn't been thrown yet and might not be. It is [b]Dan[/b]'s turn to shoot first, if he chooses to do so. [b]Dan[/b], if you want to fire a burst, you must first decide how many bullets are in it. You may fire up to 20. An AK-47 gets two single shots or one burst per round. The bolt action rifle only gets one shot [i]every other[/i] round. With a burst, an impale only doubles the damage dice on the first bullet in that burst to hit. You may split your burst between the two targets, in which case you must decide how many bullets are going toward each target. You'll hit no matter what, but roll 1d100 anyway to check for an impale or a Malfunction. If you don't get a Malfunction, you roll 1dX to see how many bullets hit, where X is the number in the burst. If you've split it into X and Y bullets, you must roll 1d100 twice for two separate attack rolls, and then roll 1dX and 1dY to see how many hit each target. So if you fire 20 bullets at one target, roll 1d20. If you send 10 at each of them, roll 1d10 twice. However, if you don't hit with the maximum number of bullets, you must roll Luck or [b]Julie[/b] will be hit by a stray bullet (maybe more than one on an attack roll of 96+). If you split the burst, you must roll Luck for [i]both[/i] portions of the burst unless one of them hits with all of its bullets. Chances are that [b]Julie[/b] will get hit if you attempt this, and she may very well get killed. Firing a single shot means there will be no danger of hitting her, and you'll hit your target automatically provided you don't get a Malfunction. You are at point blank range - but so are they!

Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:30 am
by Tabs
[ooc: I can't do it - killing friendly PCs and NPCs is a bad thing, although, Zoe really, really wants to kill Nitro and Deadeye. The grenade being "dropped" will have to be a group hallucination.
So, we wait for Dan to act first?]

Zoe pictures in her mind the live grenade slipping from her fingers and it exploding, her imagination sees Nitro and Deadeye mangled and bloody.

Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:47 pm
by Voodoo
Dan turns the corner and fires his AK-47 twice into Nitros back at point blank range. The first bullet tears into him causing massive damage with the second looking only slightly less severe.

Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:03 am
by Mr. Handy
In the living room-
One bullet struck Nitro in the back, lodging in his spine. He pitched face-first into the carpet, where he lay still.

Raquel pointed her gun at Deadeye, her hand quivering. "Drop it!" she snarled.
Dan Aldrich,I see three rolls of 1d2 in a row with slightly different names on them: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2482346/ http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2482347/ http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2482348/ The first two of them came up 1, and the third (to which you posted a link) is a 2. I'm going to count the first of these, so only one bullet hits [b]Nitro[/b], but I'm not going to penalize [b]Julie[/b] for this. I'm just going to rule that the second bullet missed.
OOC,[b]Deadeye[/b] has already acted this turn, so he can't do anything just yet. [b]Julie[/b] and [b]Raquel[/b] both have him covered now. [b]Dan[/b] has already used his action for the round, but [b]Zoe[/b] and [b]Julie[/b] may both act now.

Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:58 pm
by Tabs
[ooc: Knife? (1d100=13) Zoe has a knife on her belt? If poss. she'll have a slash at Deadeye.]

Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:20 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Yes, you can do that, and it hits. Go ahead and roll 1d20 for a hit location and 2d4+2 for damage. [b]Julie[/b] may fire one shot before [b]Zoe[/b] gets close to him, but if she fires a second or third shot, she must roll Luck to avoid accidentally hitting her for each shot that misses.

Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:48 pm
by zhirinovsky
Julie pulls the trigger held tightly in her hand, but misses.

Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:42 pm
by Tabs
[ooc: Knife hit location & damage (1d20=2, 2d4+2=7)]

"Take that, you evil bastard!"

Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:33 pm
by Mr. Handy
In the living room-
Zoe released Lara, who slumped to the floor sobbing, and drew her knife. She rushed Deadeye and slashed him deeply across his thigh with all of her fury, causing his blood to spill out upon the carpet. He cried out in agony and fell to his knees, but he managed to stay conscious. Seeing how quickly the tables had turned, he dropped his sniper rifle and raised his hands. He still had an M-16 on his back as well as a .45 automatic pistol and knife on his belt, but he made no move for them. "I give up!" he cried. "Please don't kill me!"

Raquel kept her pistol trained on him, but she held her fire. "You raped me!" she shouted.

"I'm sorry..."

The radios in the room crackled. "Deadeye, what's going on?" asked Doc. "Do you read me? Does anyone read me?"

Nitro also lay still. In addition to the AK-47 with attached bayonet in his hands, he had a pump action shotgun and a small satchel on his back, and on his belt were a Desert Eagle .50 pistol, a knife, and a few grenades.

Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:52 pm
by Voodoo
Keeping his gun trained on Nitro, Dan moves to pick up the radio, "You guys start taking their weapons off them, Raquel, you keep Deadeye covered." Pushing the button on the radio Dan talks into it, "Doc, Its Dan, Ghost is dead and we have Nitro and Deadeye captured. I think Mutt is injured but I need to make sure. We also have the other girls, They are safe. Stay where you guys are and we should be back soon."

ooc- Is this to much for Dan to do in one turn?

Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:03 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,No, that's fine for one turn.

Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:49 am
by Tabs
Zoe takes the weapons from Deadeye and Nitro, the Desert Eagle and any spare grenades she keeps.
"That piece of shit," indicating Deadeye, "should be crucified! Better still, we'll do as the Apache women did to their prisoners: suspend the live prisoner upside down and light a fire beneath the head, then wait for the head to explode."

Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:49 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Zoe[/b], roll Spot Hidden.

Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:47 am
by Tabs

Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:35 am
by Mr. Handy
In the living room-
Deadeye whimpered and bled while Zoe disarmed him and Raquel kept him covered, taking his weapons and moving them over to the far side of the room. He had no greandes, but he had been carrying a knife and a Colt .45 automatic in addition to his dropped sniper rifle and his M-16. Julie kept her Glock trained on Nitro, who was unconscious but still breathing. Zoe took away his AK-47 with the bayonet on the end and his shotgun, and she put them in the pile of captured weapons. She kept his Desert Eagle, and she also clipped his grenades onto her own belt. There were 3 fragmentation grenades, giving her a total of four, as well as a cylindrical-shaped grenade whose shape she recognized. It was a tear gas grenade, identical to the one she had tried to use against Mutt back in the compound, only to have it bounce back at her, leaving her and Raquel easy prey.

After Dan spoke on the radio, there was a reply, which also echoed from the radio on Deadeye's belt. It was Doc's voice: "This is Doc. That's very good news, much better than I'd hoped for. Deadeye and Nitro, listen up. I'm in charge now, and Sally is my second-in-command. Mutt has screwed up one time too many, and has obsession with revenge damn near got you killed. Both of you do whatever the rangers tell you. And if either of you lays a finger on one of the girls, I'll have his head! Got that? Dan, put them on."

Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:37 pm
by Voodoo
Dan puts the radio down next to Deadeye and stands back up, "Raquel will you come and help me look for Mutts body? I don't want to take a chance that he's still alive." Turning to Julie he says, "Can you three stay and watch these two? Also someone should find their keys, They had to have brought the van out here and we'll need it."

Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:11 am
by Mr. Handy
In the living room-
Lara continued to lie in a heap on the floor, curled up and crying. Raquel hobbled over to join Dan. "I can come," she said, "but I'm hurt from falling out the window. Can you help me first, please?"
OOC,Anyone who wants to try to treat [b]Raquel[/b] may roll First Aid. The base skill is 30% if it's not on your character sheet. If you succeed, roll 1d3 to see how many HP she recovers. After one person succeeds, there is no need for anyone else to try. Treating her will be your action for the turn (and hers).

Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:06 am
by Tabs
"Deadeye, where's the keys to my 'cuffs?"

[ooc: First Aid (1d100=99)]

"Jeesh, I've made things worse."

Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:41 am
by Voodoo
"Damn I forgot we have injured, Change of plans people. We're going to get out of here and screw looking for Mutt. Deadeye, I want the keys to the van, and if you have them the cuffs as well. We're taking the vehicles and if you want to come you have to drag your own sorry asses." Turning to look at the women, "Ladies can you gather up all the weapons and get ready to move?" Looking like something just dawned on him, Dan turns back to Deadeye, "Where did you leave the van?"

Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:26 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I goofed and forgot that [b]Raquel[/b] had already had First Aid successfully applied by [b]Lara[/b] earlier, so further First Aid won't help her. Medicine can heal her further, but unless you want to risk a 5% chance you'll need to wait until you get reunited with [b]Doc[/b] and [b]Sally[/b]. [b]Zoe[/b], you don't end up hurting [b]Raquel[/b] after all, and you may take a different action if you wish.

Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:45 am
by Tabs
Zoe:

"Yeah, of course, no problem." She looks for something to carry the weapons in.

Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:19 am
by Mr. Handy
In the living room-
There was nothing Zoe could see in the living room that could be used to carry the weapons, though she remembered seeing some boxes down in the basement. Maybe some of them were empty. The long guns were on slings, so they could be carried on someone's back or over the shoulder. She didn't have any pockets, so if she wanted to carry the other pistol, she would have tuck it into her belt. Both of the rangers did have pockets, however. She would not be able to wield a long gun effectively, as her hands were too close together while cuffed. She'd need her hands empty if she were to continue dragging Lara, who was still unresponsive.

"The van?" said Deadeye, wincing at his leg wound. "That's still back near the ranger station. Mutt came here in his pickup truck, which is parked right out front. He's got the keys to both vehicles, and the keys to the cuffs. I think Ghost has keys to the van too." He picked up the radio. "Doc, what the hell is going on?" he said into it. "You knew this was going to happen?!"

"No," answered Doc. "I knew the rangers were going looking for the girls, but nobody was supposed to get hurt. If Mutt hadn't been a dumbass and gone after them, nobody would have been."

"Screw you! You're nothing but a lousy traitor, and you're the one who nearly got us all killed!" He attached the radio to his belt. "Hey, can I go try to help Nitro now?"

Raquel took the sniper rifle and slipped it over her shoulder, then took the AK-47 and slung it on Lara's back. "Zoe, you should take the shotgun," she said, picking up the knife and holding it in her left hand while she retained the pistol in her right. "There's still the M-16 and this .45 too."

Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:53 am
by Tabs
Zoe slings the M-16 over her shoulder, stuffs the .45 into the belt and holds the shotgun. She says to Dan, "That's all the weapons taken care of. Go find Mutt and the keys. I'll come with you if you need back-up."

Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:19 pm
by zhirinovsky
"I'll stay here as planned and keep these arseholes here. Deadeye, patch yourself up and your good-for-nothing friend there. Then you've got a lotta explaining to do."

Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:57 am
by Voodoo
ooc- Nobody found the keys when they searched Ghost?

Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:09 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Zoe[/b] searched [b]Ghost[/b], but she didn't find the keys. Of course, she wasn't looking for them.

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:39 pm
by Voodoo
"Julie, If either of these clowns acts funny just shoot them. Don't wait around just do it."Dan says before nodding to Zoe and making his way up the stairs cautiously with his AK raised.
Handy,I did a preemptive [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2498125/]Spot Hidden[/url] roll just in case one is required.

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:24 am
by Mr. Handy
In the living room-
Zoe collected the remaining weapons, putting one pistol in her holster and tucking the other into her belt. She slung the M-16 over her shoulder and held the shotgun in her hands, but it was awkward because they were cuffed so closely together. Lara just kept weeping uncontrollably.

"Poor Lara," said Raquel, trying to soothe her, but to no avail. "We should all just get out of here."

Deadeye sat down next to Nitro and got to work, managing to remove the bullet and stop the bleeding easily. "Nitro, wake up!" he said.

Nitro groaned in pain. "What happened?" he asked, looking around.

"They got us. Dan shot you in the back, and then Zoe slashed my leg."

"She should have aimed a little higher," said Raquel, brandishing her pistol.

"Listen, Doc and Sally betrayed us," said Deadeye. "They were in this with the rangers. Ghost is dead, but Mutt might still be alive somewhere."

Dan crept up the stairs.
OOC,[b]Zoe[/b], if you ever want to fire the shotgun while your hands are cuffed, you'll be at half skill. You spent last round gathering weapons, but this round you may go upstairs if you wish.
In the upstairs hall-
When Dan reached the upstairs landing and looked around the corner, he saw that the hall was a terrible mess. His grenade had blackened the walls, and the blast had shattered the window. He noticed that there was some blood on the floor and on the windowsill. There was no sign of Mutt, however. The three doors in this hall all remained open. The first door on the right led to the child's bedroom, which was still lit. The second door led to the bathroom, which was still dark. The door at the back went to the lit master bedroom where Ghost's body lay.
OOC,[b]Dan[/b], whatever else you decide to do, roll Sneak. The base skill is 10%.

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:26 am
by Tabs
Zoe follows the ranger, she whispers, "Mutt must be in one of these rooms. Why don't we lob in a grenade before we take a look see?"

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:50 am
by Voodoo
Handy,due to the destruction is it possible for Dan to try using his tracking skill to figure out where Mutt went? Moving through all the debris would probably leave a trail and such.

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:55 am
by Mr. Handy
Dan Aldirch,Sure, go ahead and roll Track.

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:00 am
by Voodoo
Dan kneels down and begins examining floor, Due to all the debris laying around he is able to make out a trail. Unfortunately that same debris made it impossible for Dan to move without being noticed.

Posted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:34 am
by Mr. Handy
In the living room-
Deadeye applied pressure to his own wound, managing to stop the bleeding and patch himself up. He stood and tested out his leg, which was now able to support him again. He helped Nitro to his feet while Julie and Raquel kept them covered with their pistols.

"What did you have to go and do this for, Julie?" asked Deadeye. "We weren't going to hurt you none."

"Just let us go now and we can smooth things over with Mutt," said Nitro. "Do you have any idea what he's going to do to you once he catches you?"

"Shut up!" said Raquel.

In the upstairs hall-
Zoe joined Dan in the hallway as he looked around for any trace of Mutt. The broken glass crunched under his boots as he looked around.
Dan Aldrich,[b]Dan[/b] was able to pick out a trail of blood leading from the spot where [b]Mutt[/b] had to have fallen. It led to the shattered window and up to the sill. There was no sign of him having gone through any of the doors, so he apparently had climbed out through the window.

Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:09 pm
by Voodoo
Dan turns to Raquel, "Looks like I got him with the grenade but he survived at least for a little while. I don't want to scare the others so we need to keep this to ourselves. If we act as if he got blown to bits he may get sloppy and then we can get the drop on him."

Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 4:11 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I think you mean [b]Zoe[/b]. [b]Raquel[/b] is still downstairs.

Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:38 am
by Tabs
"Hey, mister, my name is Zoe!
"Why don't we announce my grenade idea (throwing another into the rooms, just to make sure Mutt is killed), and listen if Mutt squeals? He could be waiting, gun at the ready, to blow the head off of whomever pokes their head round the door."

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:33 am
by Mr. Handy
In the living room-
"Raquel, is this the way you treat us after I saved you and the other girls from that thing?" asked Deadeye.

"You only saved us because you wanted to have your way with us!" spat Raquel. "Never again!"

Lara continued to lie on the carpet, wailing.

"You just going to leave her there like that?" asked Nitro.

"I might be able to help her," said Deadeye.

"Don't you ever touch her again!" said Raquel. "It's your fault she's so upset!"

In the upstairs hall-
Dan and Zoe stood in the hall debating what to do next.

Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:32 pm
by Voodoo
Dan shakes his head and whispers, "His trail leads out the window. He's outside and all that would do is scare the rest of the women downstairs. our best bet is to try and sneak outside and surprise him. We should head downstairs and tell everyone that we're going for the truck. I can probably pick up his trail then."

Posted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:52 am
by Tabs
"Okay."
ooc,Did someone say that Ghost has keys? If so Zoe will look for them.

Posted: Sat May 08, 2010 4:56 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Deadeye[/b] said that [b]Ghost[/b] has keys to the van only, which is back at the ranger station. [b]Ghost[/b]'s body is in the master bedroom. [b]Zoe[/b] and [b]Dan[/b], let me know if you're going there or back downstairs.

Posted: Sat May 08, 2010 8:30 pm
by Voodoo
ooc,Is that back door visible from where the group is located downstairs?

Posted: Sun May 09, 2010 3:36 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,No, it's not. They'd have to go into the kitchen to see the back door.

Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 9:47 am
by Tabs
Zoe: "What shall we do next? You decide."

Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 9:00 pm
by Voodoo
"Ok, Well head downstairs and pretend to look for anything of use. I will try and slip out the back and look for Mutt." Dan says and then waits to see if Zoe has any objections.

Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:02 am
by Mr. Handy
In the living room-
Lara came to her senses again and hauled herself back to her feet as Dan and Zoe returned down the stairs. She glared at Nitro and Deadeye, leveling her pistol at them. "We should kill them now!" she snarled.

Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:36 am
by Tabs
Zoe:
"Lara, they deserve death after the horrible crime against us. Any more drama like the zombie and they may escape." Whispering to Lara: "The ranger is going outside, then we can execute the two scumbags."

Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:45 am
by Voodoo
"I'm going to try and see if I can find anything of use, You guys wait here and watch them." Dan says before making his way towards the kitchen and out the back door.

Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:49 am
by Mr. Handy
In the living room-
Lara nodded grimly to Zoe as Dan stepped through the open door and into the kitchen. Julie and Raquel kept their guns trained on the skinheads.

In the kitchen-
Dan saw two more closed doors in the kitchen, one on the left side and one on the right. A carton of ice cream had been left out on the counter. Someone had been eating from it, and it was starting to melt a little. The back door had been forced open just like the front door, and the night beckoned outside.
OOC,[b]Dan[/b], roll Track to try to pick up [b]Mutt[/b]'s trail.

Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:37 am
by Tabs
After Dan has left:
Zoe pulls the pistol and covers Julie: "Lara, now is your chance -- do it!"

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:02 am
by Mr. Handy
Behind the house-
Dan exited through the open back door and looked around for tracks, but there was a jumble of various footprints, and it was impossible for him to tell them apart. Maybe Julie would have better luck. As far as he knew, Mutt could be anywhere.
OOC,[b]Dan[/b], I rolled for you since you hadn't posted in so long. Also, please roll Listen.
In the living room-
Zoe Gallagher/Raquel Orozco/Lara Voronova/Julie St. James,[b]Julie[/b] dropped her pistol and put her hands up. "[b]Zoe[/b], what's gotten into you?!" she said. "We rescued you! Why are you doing this?" [b]Raquel[/b] gasped. "[b]Zoe[/b], don't point gun at her!" she cried. "This is [b]Doc[/b]," said [b]Doc[/b]'s voice from the skinheads' radio, as well as the one on [b]Zoe[/b]'s belt. "Is everything all right at your end?" [b]Lara[/b] took advantage of the moment to stride forward until she was face to face with [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2523855/][b]Deadeye[/b][/url]. "Don't interfere, [b]Julie[/b]," she said. "I have to kill them. They raped me, over and over. They'll rape you too if you give them a chance." She turned to [i]Deadeye[/i], leveling her revolver at him, and smiled for the first time in what seemed to her like forever. "On your knees!" [b]Deadeye[/b] dropped to his knees, clasping his hands together and looking up at [b]Lara[/b]. "Please don't kill me!" he pleaded. "Yes, beg for your worthless life, pig!" She pointed the barrel of her gun at his mouth. "Now it's your turn. Suck on it!" Sobbing, [b]Deadeye[/b] opened his mouth and reached out for the barrel as if to place it in his mouth. Suddenly, [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2523879/]he seized it and pointed it away from him[/url], leaping up and wrestling with [b]Lara[/b] for the gun as she tried in vain to shoot him. [spoiler][b]Zoe[/b], you may act now. If you want to try to shoot [b]Deadeye[/b], the base skill for Handgun is 20% and you are at normal range. If you miss, you must roll Luck to avoid hitting [b]Lara[/b]. If you make a hand-to-hand attack, you will not risk hitting her (unless, of course, you critically miss). Which pistol are you holding, the Desert Eagle or the Colt .45?[/spoiler]

Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:58 am
by Tabs
Zoe screams: "Lara! You've botched it, you idiot."
She shoves the Colt .45 into Julie's hand, reasoning that Julie must be a better shot than herself.

Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:14 am
by Mr. Handy
Behind the house-
Dan could not hear a thing, not even Zoe's shout. He continued to look around behind the house, unable to make sense of the tracks.
OOC,Please post, as your absence means your character does nothing. You might also want to make the rolls yourself, as you'll probably roll better than I do. You could hardly roll worse!
In the living room-
Zoe Gallagher/Raquel Orozco/Lara Voronova/Julie St. James,[b]Zoe[/b] sprinted across the room and handed the pistol to [b]Julie[/b]. No sooner had [b]Julie[/b] closed her hand around the .45 than [b]Nitro[/b] had snatched up her dropped Glock and pointed it at her. "Drop your weapons, girls," he snarled. [spoiler][b]Zoe[/b], if you try to attack, [b]Nitro[/b] will be able to get off a shot first. You are at point blank range now - but so is he![/spoiler]

Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:06 am
by Tabs
Zoe draws a grenade: "I'll pull the ring and blow us all up. I mean it! Get out."

Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:27 am
by Mr. Handy
In the living room-
Zoe Gallagher/Raquel Orozco/Lara Voronova/Julie St. James,A short burst of automatic gunfire in the distance ripped apart the night. "Let's go!" said [b]Deadeye[/b]. "He'll be back any second!" To [b]Zoe[/b]'s dismay, she now saw the [b]Lara[/b] had already relinquished her hold on her gun, and [b]Deadeye[/b] now held it to pressed to her back in his right hand. He slipped his left arm around her waist and backpedaled out the front door, using her as a shield. "Nobody follow us - or else!" [b]Lara[/b] screamed as he dragged her out into the night, her legs uselessly kicking the air. [b]Nitro[/b] followed right behind him, backing away and with his gun trained through the doorway. [spoiler]Everyone roll Listen to see if you can determine from which direction the gunfire came.[/spoiler]
Behind the house-
A short burst of automatic fire in the distance snapped Dan out of his reverie, and then he heard Lara scream. Was she screaming because of the shooting, or something else?

Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:52 am
by Tabs
[ooc: Listen (1d100=36) 40%]

"Who's 'he'? What did Deadeye mean?
"That stupid cow Lara, she has landed herself right in the crap." Nonetheless, Zoe follows the men and Lara at a safe distance.

Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:17 pm
by Mr. Handy
Zoe Gallagher,The gunfire was coming from the same direction as the ranger station.
Zoe Gallagher/Raquel Orozco/Julie St. James,"[b]Zoe[/b], wait!" hissed [b]Julie[/b]. "They're still too near, and they'll hear you coming. And don't go until [b]Dan[/b] gets back." The radio on [b]Zoe[/b]'s belt crackled to life. "[b]Dan[/b], [b]Mutt[/b] is attacking us," said [b]Sally[/b] on the other end. "[b]Doc[/b] is dead and both [b]Katarina[/b] and I are badly wounded. We need help." [spoiler][b]Zoe[/b], roll Idea to try to figure out what [b]Deadeye[/b] meant. If you want to go outside this turn, roll Sneak. The base skill is 10%.[/spoiler]

Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:57 pm
by Tabs
It doesn't take much persuading from Julie to halt Zoe.
"That gunfire came from the direction of the ranger station."

Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:57 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'll be taking over [b]Dan[/b] as an NPC until Voodoo returns.
Behind the house-
Dan turned and ran back inside when he heard the shooting.

In the kitchen-
Dan raced through the kitchen. "What's going on?" he asked.

In the living room-
"Mutt, we escaped and we're on our way to join you," said Nitro's voice on Zoe's radio. "We've also got a present for you: Lara."

"Good job, guys," replied Mutt. "Sally, listen up, you little bitch. Drop your weapons and come down from there with Katarina and I'll spare your life. I can kill you any time I want, but I'd rather not."

"Lara and Zoe tried to kill Deadeye when you were gone," called Julie into the kitchen, "and it went bad. He grabbed the gun and Lara, and he and Nitro escaped out the front! Now Sally's called in and told us that Mutt killed Doc, and she and Katarina are hurt bad! They need help!"

Zoe could hear the skinheads' footsteps retreating into the distance. They were heading for the ranger station. "No!" shouted Lara's voice faintly in the distance. After a short pause, she shouted again. "NO!"
Lara Voronova,[b]In the woods-[/b] [b]Deadeye[/b] hauled [b]Lara[/b] into the woods away from the house, heading back toward the ranger station. [b]Nitro[/b] followed a couple of yards behind, taking his radio back and glancing over his shoulder at the farmhouse as he ran. "[b]Dan[/b], [b]Mutt[/b] is attacking us," said [b]Sally[/b] on the skinheads' radios. "[b]Doc[/b] is dead and both [b]Katarina[/b] and I are badly wounded. We need help." "[b]Mutt[/b], we escaped and we're on our way to join you," said [b]Nitro[/b] over the radio. "We've also got a present for you: [b]Lara[/b]." "Good job, guys," replied [b]Mutt[/b]. "[b]Sally[/b], listen up, you little bitch. Drop your weapons and come down from there with [b]Katarina[/b] and I'll spare your life. I can kill you any time I want, but I'd rather not." "Keep moving, [b]Lara[/b]," said [b]Deadeye[/b], tugging her along at gunpoint. "You've got a date with [b]Mutt[/b]." "No!" cried [b]Lara[/b]. "Oh, yes. And when he's done with you, then it's our turn." [b]Deadeye[/b] and [b]Nitro[/b] chuckled. "NO!"

Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:08 am
by Tabs
"I wanna follow.
"Listen, you rangers, this gang are homicidal maniacs; if you get a chance to shoot one of them, then do it. Forget about the safety of hostages because this crew will certainly kill us if they get any chance. And if they capture you and you are female... well, I don't need to elaborate.
"Lara messed up: her life is secondary now to everyone else. These scum must die."

Posted: Thu May 27, 2010 2:07 am
by Mr. Handy
In the living room-
Julie shivered at Zoe's statement, aware of how close she had come to that fate.

A distant explosion rang out. Zoe could tell that it also came from the direction of the ranger station. The footsteps and voices outside were no longer audible.

Dan burst back into the room. "I never should have left the room," he said, shaking his head. "From now on, we go everywhere together. No more splitting up. I won't go out of my way to try to bring these creeps in alive, but Lara is not expendable, and neither are Sally or Katarina. We're going to save them, understand?"

"Don't try to blame everything on Lara, either, Zoe," said Julie. "You turned your gun on me to give her the chance, remember? I know you're distraught, but we're all on the same side and we have to work together. We can't sacrifice Lara for the sake of revenge."

"I want them dead too," said Raquel, "but not at the cost of Lara's life. Bad enough Alicia died when Jeff took her hostage. We can't let that happen again. But, wait, Zoe, you have that tear gas grenade you took from one of them. That can take them out and leave Lara alive!"
Lara Voronova,[b]In the woods-[/b] The explosion sounded in the distance as [b]Deadeye[/b] dragged [b]Lara[/b] along at gunpoint. She [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2536031/]couldn't see what was going on[/url], and [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2536036/]neither could he[/url]. [b]Nitro[/b] dropped a little further behind, but [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2536047/]he got a better view[/url]. "Damn!" he said. "[b]Katarina[/b]'s up on the roof of the ranger station, and she just threw a grenade at [b]Mutt[/b]! I see [b]Sally[/b] up there with her." "Good, I hope she killed him!" [b]Lara[/b] spat back.

Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:09 am
by Tabs
Zoe listens to the comments: "No-one is expendable," she repeats, "it should be so, but, it's them or us; I ain't volunteering to be the one to die. The point is: these guys do not have the same ideals as us, if we get mushy over Lara's fate we'll all end up dead or worse."
"The tear gas grenade: that'll do the trick!
"Come on then, let's go. Dan, you lead the way."

Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 2:03 am
by Mr. Handy
In the living room-
Dan led the small group out through the open front door, with Julie bringing up the rear.

Outside the house-
Dan, Zoe, Raquel, and Julie exited the house. The white pickup truck was still parked right outside, but it was locked.

"Our own truck's parked about 50 yards south," said Julie. "Do we have time to go get it?"

"Zoe's good with locks and cars," said Raquel. "She got us out of the van. Zoe, maybe you can pick the lock on their truck and hotwire it."

"We might just want to follow them on foot," said Dan. "They'll hear a vehicle coming for certain. Can anyone see them?"
OOC,Everyone, roll Spot Hidden at 1/5 skill, due to the darkness. [b]Zoe[/b], if you decide to try to break into the truck, you may either roll Locksmith to pick the lock, or you may roll Fist/Punch or Large Club (using the shotgun as a club) to break a window.
Lara Voronova,[b]Deadeye[/b] pulled [b]Lara[/b] onwards, while [b]Nitro[/b] lagged a bit more behind. "You shut up," said [b]Deadeye[/b], "or I'll shut you up." He jammed the barrel of his gun into her spine.

Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:07 am
by Tabs
[ooc: Spot Hidden (1d100=15)]

"I agree with the ranger, 'follow on foot'."

Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:47 pm
by Mr. Handy
In the woods-
Zoe could make out a faint glow in the distance that was probably light from the ranger station, but she couldn't see any details, nor could she spot the skinheads or Lara. Dan, however, saw exactly where they were. "Deadeye's got Lara some fifty yards ahead of us," he whispered, "and Nitro is some six yards behind them. The tear gas grenade won't catch all of them, and Nitro could still kill Lara even if we take out Deadeye. It'll be tricky if you can't see them either, as you'd have to guess the range. I can't throw accurately enough to have a good shot at it, and we'll only have one chance. They're moving faster than us, but hopefully we'll get a chance to catch them both together. Let's go."

Dan led the way towards the ranger station, followed by Zoe. Raquel and Julie, brought up the rear, slowing down the group a little. The party was nearly a third of the way to the road near the ranger station. "Deadeye and Lara are at the van now," reported Dan. "They're 50 to 55 yards ahead, that way. Crap, I think we've been seen!" He pointed into the distance. "If you throw now, you might catch them, but it seems risky to me and it won't stop Nitro. If you miss, it could be even more disastrous. I saw Sally and Katarina slide down the zipline, so at least they got out of there."
OOC,[b]Zoe[/b], if you want to try to throw the tear gas grenade now, roll Throw at half skill since you can't actually see your targets and you're just going by where you've been told they are. If you want to keep moving closer instead, let me know. You're now about five turns from reaching the van. This update encompassed two turns.
Lara Voronova,[b]In the woods-[/b] [b]Deadeye[/b] hauled [b]Lara[/b] the rest of the way to the road. "[b]Nitro[/b], they're following us!" said [b]Deadeye[/b], [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2541684/]looking back[/url].

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:01 am
by Tabs
"Dan, I'll hold back with the tear gas grenade -- I wanna make sure it counts." Zoe continues to follow.

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:26 pm
by Mr. Handy
In the woods-
Dan and Zoe continued to lead the group onwards. "I know you're following us," came Nitro's voice from Zoe's radio. "Now back off, or Lara's going to pay for it!"

"Damn, they disappeared around the van!" said Dan. "It's blocking my view of them, and I can't see them any more. We're still over forty yards away."
Lara Voronova,[b]In the woods-[/b] [b]Deadeye[/b] dragged [b]Lara[/b] around the van and into the woods beyond, heading for where he had seen [b]Mutt[/b]'s corpse south of the ranger station. He signaled for [b]Nitro[/b] to follow. [b]Nitro[/b] continued around the van and after them. "I know you're following us," he said into his radio. "Now back off, or [b]Lara[/b]'s going to pay for it!" [b]Lara[/b] whimpered as [b]Deadeye[/b] pulled her over to where [b]Mutt[/b] lay, his leg blown to bits and blood seeping from his many wounds. She had seen enough blood and gore lately that it didn't affect her any further. In fact, she was quite pleased to see the body, as she was glad he was dead at last. She was only sorry she hadn't killed him herself. "You're hurting me!" she protested. "Good," said [b]Deadeye[/b].

Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:14 am
by Tabs
Zoe says: "I've seen plenty of war films: before we advance on the van, Julie should make a detour and cover our and the van's flank."

Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:39 am
by Mr. Handy
In the woods-
Everyone stopped after hearing Nitro's threat.

"Me?!" said Julie. "By myself?"

"No, absolutely not," said Dan. "It's too dangerous. What if something went wrong and they got their hands on you?"

"What about the truck?" asked Raquel. "They already saw us coming. Maybe our only chance is to come at them quickly."

Sally's voice came from Zoe's radio: "We've got you surrounded boys. I don't give a shit if you live or die, but you're not taking Lara with you in that van. Throw your weapons as far as you can towards the ranger station and release Lara. Then get in the van and get the fuck out of here."
OOC,[b]Zoe[/b], roll Persuade if you still want to convince [b]Julie[/b] to try to flank them.
Lara Voronova,[b]In the woods-[/b] [b]Nitro[/b] caught up with [b]Deadeye[/b] and [b]Lara[/b], [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2551949/]gasping in shock[/url] when he saw [b]Mutt[/b] lying dead. "Those bitches killed him!" he cried, [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2551951/]stricken with fear and rage[/url]. "They went down the zipline and are in the woods somewhere. Let's go hunt them down. I can't wait to nail that [b]Sally[/b]. Be good to have [b]Katarina[/b] again too." "We don't have time for that," said [b]Deadeye[/b]. "We have to get out of here before those rangers catch up with us. Here, take your AK back and hold onto [b]Lara[/b]." [b]Nitro[/b] took the AK-47 and slung it on his back, then grabbed [b]Lara[/b] roughly and held his pistol to her. [b]Deadeye[/b] searched [b]Mutt[/b]'s body, taking off his utility belt and putting it around his waist above his own belt. Then he slung [b]Mutt[/b]'s pack over one shoulder, holstered his revolver, and snatched up the M-16. He went through [b]Mutt[/b]'s pockets. "Okay, I've got his keys. Let's go." [b]Sally[/b]'s voice came from the skinheads' radios: "We've got you surrounded boys. I don't give a shit if you live or die, but you're not taking [b]Lara[/b] with you in that van. Throw your weapons as far as you can towards the ranger station and release [b]Lara[/b]. Then get in the van and get the fuck out of here."

Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:51 am
by Tabs
"Julie, you chicken! Right, I'll go round and flank them."

Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:15 am
by Mr. Handy
In the woods-
"Not alone you're not," said Dan. "I'm coming with you. Julie, you and Raquel go get our truck. If they're trying to get out of here in the van, we may need it."

"All right," said Julie. "Be careful, Dan."

"You be careful too." Dan turned to the left at an angle, leading Zoe towards the road a short distance to the left of the van. They were able to move faster without Julie and Raquel slowing them down, but it would still take them a short while to reach the road. Julie and Raquel headed deeper into the woods.
OOC,Everyone, roll Listen.
Lara Voronova,[b]In the woods-[/b] [b]Deadeye[/b] ran back towards the van. [b]Nitro[/b] followed right behind him, pulling [b]Lara[/b] along. "Nyet...please..." she begged as they reached the van.

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:19 am
by Tabs
[ooc: Listen (1d100=85)]

"You two lovebirds!" Zoe chuckles.

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:11 pm
by Mr. Handy
In the woods-
Dan didn't hear anything either at first as he led Zoe through the woods. Then a few gunshots started ringing out. "We're almost there," said Dan.

Further southwest, Julie and Raquel ran on. "Hurry!" said Julie when the gunshots started, not able to tell from where they came.

"I hear the van starting!" said Raquel.
Lara Voronova,A shot rang out as [b]Deadeye[/b] took out the keys, but it was very wide. "I said drop your weapons and release [b]Lara[/b]!" [b]Sally[/b] shouted. "The next ones won't be warning shots." "Get in, fast!" he said, throwing open the driver's side door. Another bullet went by, just whizzing past [b]Deadeye[/b]. [b]Nitro[/b] leapt into the van, dragging [b]Lara[/b] after him as she wept. [b]Deadeye[/b] scrambled in and slammed the van's door shut. A moment later, he started the engine. Two more shots came in rapid succession, and the second would have struck the van had [b]Deadeye[/b] not pulled out at just the right time.

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:41 am
by Tabs
Zoe readies the grenade. She talks into the radio:
"Hey fellas! Have you released Lara? You better have. You're surrounded!"

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:24 am
by Mr. Handy
On the road-
Zoe was unable to hold both the radio and the tear gas grenade at the same time with her hands cuffed together, so she had to first use the radio, then put it back on her belt and hold the grenade. She and Dan ran for the road as one more pistol shot rang out and emerged from the woods about five yards to the left of where the van had been parked - only the van was now gone!

"Nyet!" came Lara's distant, dwindling scream as it faded away into the distance down the road past the ranger station. "NYET! BOZHEMOI!"
OOC,Please roll Spot Hidden at 1/5 skill.
In the woods-
Julie led Raquel deeper into the woods, and they soon reached a green pickup truck. Julie took out her keys, then unlocked and opened the driver's door. "Get in and slide across," she said to Raquel. "I'll drive."
OOC,Please roll Spot Hidden at 1/5 skill. [b]Raquel[/b], since your Spot Hidden skill is 55 or less, this means you need an 11 or less to succeed.
Lara Voronova,[b]In the van-[/b] [b]Deadeye[/b] floored the accelerator, and the van lurched away down the road. [b]Lara[/b] looked on in horror, sandwiched between the two skinheads. "Hehehe," cackled [b]Nitro[/b], giving her a toothy grin as he grabbed her knee with his free hand. "Now we've got you." She looked away in disgust, but that didn't stop him. He pressed the barrel of his pistol to her neck and slipped his hand up her thigh, underneath the towel. "Nyet!" screamed [b]Lara[/b], overwhelmed by despair at the certainty of what would happen to her at the hands of these two brutes. "NYET! BOZHEMOI!" [b]Zoe[/b]'s voice came from the radios: "Hey fellas! Have you released [b]Lara[/b]? You better have. You're surrounded!" The skinheads only laughed, knowing that they had escaped.

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:30 am
by Trott
Raquel quickly glances at the interior before sliding over into the passenger seat.

Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:00 am
by Tabs
[ooc: Spot Hidden 1/5 (1d100=63)]

Zoe laughs sadistically when she sees the truck has gone, she pockets the radio and then ruffles her hair, speaking aloud to herself:
"You loony! laughing at everything now, are you?"
To Dan: "My radio message to help Lara was a flop -- I'll keep my trap shut -- the gods are against me."

Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:27 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Lara Voronova[/b] remains in the current thread. All other characters are moving to the thread linked below. Please stop reading the current thread at this point, and do not read any of the posts in the new thread above the one in the link.
Terror By Night
Lara Voronova,[b]In the van-[/b] [b]Deadeye[/b] turned right at an intersection that appeared ahead. [b]Lara[/b] cringed and began to sob while [b]Nitro[/b] fondled her. She clenched her eyes shut and shuddered. He pressed her back against the seat and kissed her violently. The more she struggled, the more he seemed to enjoy it. She felt the van make another right turn not long afterwards.

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:25 am
by Mr. Handy
In the van-
Lara gasped when Nitro finally came up for air. "Hey, I know how to get us to the big compound up in Montana," he said. "When they get a load of this piece of tail, they'll be sure to welcome us with open arms."

"Great!" said Deadeye.

"We're going the right way now. It's far to the north and somewhat to the west. It'll be hundreds of miles, so we'll need to refuel at some point along the way. If we drive through the night, I think we can be there by morning. Or we can find a place to hole up. If we leave at first light, we should arrive by late afternoon or early evening tomorrow."

"I'll keep an eye out as we go. Just keep calling out directions."

Lara whimpered as Nitro went back in, forcing his hand between her legs. She screamed again, but it did no good whatsoever. She had thought that she would be free and that she would get her revenge on her tormentors. Instead she had fallen prey to them again, and she was back in her worst nightmare. A wave of despair washed over her and threatened to drown her when she realized that there was no hope.

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:02 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,The story continues in the Sword section of Chapter 6, found on the link below.
Outrage