IC-SWORD-Damsel in Distress(Dan/Julie/Zoe/Raquel/Lara)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Voodoo
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Re: IC-SWORD-Damsel in Distress(Dan/Julie/Zoe/Raquel/Lara)

Post by Voodoo »

Dan grabs the AK-47 and heads into the hallway and looks around for the light switch, "does anyone know if this place as a back door? I want to try and sneak out the back and get the drop on Mutt."
zhirinovsky
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 1 month

Post by zhirinovsky »

"Don't know, as soon as I heard the shot, we headed straight up here. Thought you were a gonner. Damn glad you're not. Is Mutt and co heading this way now?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the master bedroom-
Lara followed Julie numbly into the bedroom. When she saw the blood and gore, she gagged in shock, then screamed. She looked around wildly in terror. "Don't go," she pleaded as Dan slid past her. "He'll kill you..."

Zoe saw that in addition to the 9mm pistol in its holster, Ghost had other things on his utility belt. There was a large commando knife in a sheath, as well as two grenades and an ammo pouch attached to the belt. Additionally, the radio was clipped onto the belt. She found nothing else of interest searching through the grisly remains.
OOC,[b]Julie[/b], roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d3. Whether you succeed or fail, you may act freely. [b]Zoe[/b], you may take what you want as part of last turn's action. Keep in mind the difficulty in carrying many things. The simplest thing would be to take the whole belt and put it on. You may make it to the other bedroom this turn, but you cannot try to pick the lock just yet.
In the upstairs hall-
Dan made his way back to the hall, slinging the bolt action rifle over his shoulder so he could carry the AK-47. He found a light switch on the wall at the top of the stairs.
OOC,[b]Dan[/b], roll Idea.
In the child's bedroom-
"There's a back door in the kitchen downstairs," Raquel said when she saw and heard Dan going by. She tugged at the radiator some more, uselessly.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tabs »

"OK" Julie agrees fervently, and heads into the bedroom, pushing Lara in with her. Upon seeing Ghost, Julie coils back in disgust, "Jesus! What the hell happened?"
"Attempted rape, murder: it's all happening in here! That," says Zoe, casually indicating the leg and bloody corpse, "was Ghost. A member of an utterly evil sex gang. Ms Ranger, don't let them take you alive.
"Lara - hi."
Zoe straps on the belt and heads to the other bedroom: "Raquel is chained to the radiator."
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Dan thanks Raquel and makes his way to the stairs on his way to the backdoor.
idea,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2449546/]45[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dan Aldirch,[b]Dan[/b] realized that killing [b]Mutt[/b] would not be as easy as killing [b]Ghost[/b] had been. He had caught [b]Ghost[/b] with his pants literally down, but now [b]Mutt[/b] had to suspect something was up and would be ready. Having the AK-47 would help, but the odds were still not in his favor. Going up against [b]Mutt[/b] directly and alone would be suicide. Laying an ambush of some sort would be a better way to go. His thought about turning out the lights was a good one, but he did recall there was a light switch at the bottom of the stairs as well as at the top. It was a good bet that both of them controlled the lights in the upstairs hall. There were also the other two skinheads to worry about: [b]Nitro[/b] and [b]Deadeye[/b]. They probably couldn't have arrived yet, but they would be sure to sooner or later. He also had to take into account the possibility that [b]Mutt[/b] was already inside the house... [spoiler]Let me know whether or not this changes your course of action this turn. Also, give me a Sneak roll. The base skill is 10%.[/spoiler]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Handy,Sneak [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2451668/]failed[/url] also I think It may just change my plans :)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dan Aldrich,In that case, let me know what you're doing instead.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Handy,Can I do another Idea roll because i'm fresh out of ideas lol.
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Dan heads into the room Raquel is in, "Ok, So I have a new idea. Does this house have a window facing the back on this floor? If it does then I suggest Zoe, Lara and Julie head into that room and start climbing out the widow and making your way into the woods. I will attempt to get Raquel loose by shooting the chain on the cuffs and then we'll follow. Whats everyone think of that?"
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Zoe:
"Yeah, there is a window. First, let me try to pick the cuff's lock, if that fails we'll do what you say."
Mr. Handy,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2452232/]Locksmith 51% (1d100=30)[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the master bedroom-
Julie gaped in shock at the scene before her in the bedroom. She was momentarily stunned but quickly recovered.

When she heard Dan mention windows, Lara bolted over to the window on the left wall of the bedroom, which overlooked the back of the house. She opened it up hastily, letting the cold night wind into the room.
OOC,[b]Julie[/b], you didn't post, so I rolled Sanity for you.
In the child's bedroom-
Dan and Zoe entered the bedroom and went over to Raquel. They knew that there was a window in the other bedroom that faced the back of the house, as well as one in the hallway just outside. The only window in this bedroom, which was still open, faced the front of the house. Raquel kept tugging at the radiator with no more luck than she'd had previously.
Dan Aldrich,Sorry, one Idea roll to a customer. You got all you could out of that one, but you're having some good ideas of your own.
Zoe Gallagher,Remember, I said that you couldn't try to pick the lock yet last turn. Your entire action was moving from the master bedroom to this one. This turn you'll be picking the lock as your action, and you can apply your successful roll now.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Dan looks at Zoe for a moment before nodding, "Alright, I'll give you one shot at it before we switch to my plan. You need to be quick though cause Mutt could already be inside and we wouldn't know it."
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Zoe nods: "I understand," and begins to pick the lock. "Hold on in there, Raquel, one way or another you'll be free of the cuffs."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

in the master bedroom-
Lara held her gun in her mouth and climbed out the window while Julie watched the hall nervously. With an agility born of desperation, she scaled the wall and decsended to the ground safely and quickly.

Before Julie could follow her, she caught a glimpse of Mutt appearing at the far end of the hall, peeking around the corner from the landing at the top of the stairs. He was holding his M-16 in both hands. "Well, well, Julie," he said. "What are you doing here?"
OOC,[b]Julie[/b], if you want to climb out the window, roll Climb. The base skill is 40%. If that fails, roll Jump. The base skill is 25%. If you want to draw a weapon and attack [b]Mutt[/b], he will be able to shoot first.
In the child's bedroom-
Using her belt buckle, Zoe managed to fiddle around with the handcuff lock until she tripped it. Raquel slipped out of the cuffs, hugging Zoe and rubbing her sore wrist. "I thought I'd never get out," she whispered.

Just then, the two women and Dan heard Mutt's voice from out in the hall, somewhere to the left of the door. They couldn't see him, however.
OOC,[b]Dan[/b] and [b]Zoe[/b], either of you may try to climb out of the open window this turn, but not both of you. If you try, roll Climb, and if that fails, roll Jump. If both of you want to get out of the window, [b]Zoe[/b] gets there first as she has higher DEX. I think [b]Dan[/b] would let her go first anyway.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

ooc- Did Dan see what Zoe took off of Ghosts body?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,He didn't see her actually take it, but he can see it now. She put on his belt, and all the stuff she has is on it. He can't see the magazines, which are in ammo pouches, but he can see the weapons.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Dan looks at Zoe, "Give me one of those grenades and then you two get out the window in here."
zhirinovsky
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 1 month

Post by zhirinovsky »

OOC,Apologies for not posting Mr. Handy! just got carried away with life.
Julie quickly heads to the window, grabs hold of the windowsill and kicks her legs out of the opening. Rushing, she slips and loses her grip but manages to fall nimbly and rolls as she hits the floor.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Zoe hands a grenade to Dan, "I hope you know how to use these things. Good luck. Blow that bastard Mutt to pieces!"
She then climbs out the window, carefully.

[ooc: Climb 50% Jump 35% (1d100=46, 1d100=4)]
Last edited by Tabs on Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”