IC-SWORD-Damsel in Distress(Dan/Julie/Zoe/Raquel/Lara)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

zhirinovsky
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 1 month

Re: IC-SWORD-Damsel in Distress(Dan/Julie/Zoe/Raquel/Lara)

Post by zhirinovsky »

OOC,Hmm, got myself into a bit of a pickle here!
Julie beckons the two men inside, and lets them past her the house, and follows them closely behind. Upon entering the house, she raises her gun and rests it against the back of Deadeyes head. "Looks like your little secret is out of the bag. Drop your guns. Both of you."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,It's not quite that simple. You can't assume that the other characters will take certain actions. They won't necessarily both go past you ([b]Deadeye[/b] will lead the way, and [b]Nitro[/b] intends to wait for [b]Julie[/b] to enter before he does), so there will still be someone looking at you. You also don't have your gun drawn yet, as you had to leave it in your holster when you went out the window, and you never mentioned drawing it. Even if you do have it in your hand, both skinheads have their rifles in their hands, and they can react faster than you. You might want to edit your post to reflect this. You can go inside this turn and see what happens after that before deciding what action to take.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

Zoe:

[ooc: Sanity 34% (1d100=28)]

"No, no, no, this isn't fair! We're nearly through this." She manages to keep her wits in the face of a new terror.

[ooc: Resitance roll 60% (to drag Lara) (1d100=39)]

She grabs Lara and heads for the kitchen. "Raquel! Shoot! Shoot!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Behind the house-
Zoe grabbed Lara by the arm and pulled her through the open back door.

"No, he's too close!" said Raquel, turning and running inside after Zoe.

In the kitchen-
Zoe pulled the weeping Lara into the house. The kitchen was otherwise deserted and undisturbed. Doors in the left and right walls remained closed, and the door ahead, which led to the living room, was still open. Through it she could hear footsteps and voices talking. She recognized them as Deadeye, Nitro, and Julie, and she heard their conversation.

Raquel rushed in next. She turned to slam the door, but it no longer closed properly and the zombie pushed its way inside after her. She backpedaled away from it quickly.
OOC,[b]Zoe[/b], you may attack the zombie, or you may retreat through one of the three doors in the room (taking [b]Lara[/b] with you). If you remain in the kitchen this turn for any reason, the zombie will get to attack, but if you exit the room, it will not be able to reach you before you do. There is no need to roll anything if you flee, and you don't need to roll again to pull [b]Lara[/b]. If you take the left door, you'll have to move past the open door to the living room to do so, but you won't if you use the door on the right.
In front of the house-
Nitro signalled for Deadeye to go in first, but he refused to enter until Julie went inside. "I'm not gonna leave you out here all by yourself," he said. After she followed Deadeye into the house, he brought up the rear.

In the living room-
Deadeye stepped inside first, followed by Julie and then Nitro. When they heard Zoe shouting and Lara wailing through the open door to the kitchen, Nitro was momentarily distracted. He stepped past Julie, and that was all the opening she needed to draw her pistol and point it at Deadeye, though he was several feet in front of her. When she spoke, however, Nitro spun around and aimed his AK-47 at her!

"No, you drop your gun," said Nitro. "Not a bright move, sweetheart. There's two of us and one of you. I'd really hate to have to hurt you."

"Why'd you have to pull this?" said Deadeye, looking back at her over his shoulder. "We was being nice to you, Julie."
OOC,[b]Julie[/b], an opportunity arose for you to do more or less what you said, but now you may be in an even worse pickle! If you choose to fire your gun, you'll get one shot before [b]Nitro[/b] gets to fire. [b]Deadeye[/b] would also get to fire if he doesn't go down. After that, if you're still able, you'd get your second and third shots. The range is point blank, so you would get to double your skill - however, this cuts both ways. They'd be at point blank range to shoot at you. Firing now could easily get you killed.
In the child's bedroom-
Dan watched helplessly as Julie entered the house with the skinheads. He could no longer see them, but he could still hear them talking below. What was Julie doing now?
OOC,[b]Dan[/b], if you want to climb out the window again, there is no need to roll, since you already succeeded at your Climb roll earlier. However, it will take you two rounds to reach the ground safely. If you jump out the window instead, you can get down in just this round, but you'll need to roll Jump. The base skill is 25%, and you'll get hurt if you fail. You may instead go out into the hall, or you may stay where you are.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Zoe continues into the living room, screaming to Deadeye and Nitro: "You useless sons of bitches, do something useful for once in your lives. IT's in the kitchen, kill it."
Voodoo
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Post by Voodoo »

Seeing Julie and the men entering the house, Dan climbs out the window and jumps.

ooc- Not sure how far I can move so feel free to delete the next part if its to much.

Once on the ground Dan unslings his rifle and creeps towards the door that they just entered.
zhirinovsky
Layman
Layman

Post by zhirinovsky »

OOC,hmm, sorry about being late to replying, I got incredibly confused. I'm sure at some point I unholstered my weapon, but that must've been upstairs. Cool, looks like you've already done the actions I was going to attempt (emphasis on attempt :-)) I shall pay more attention to the situation in the future. Sowwy guys!
Attempting to steady her nerves, gun raised, Julie says "Looks like we've got ourselves in a bit of a mess here. Two of you, me, and at least one shambling corpse heading this way. Maybe we should listen to your friend."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,That's okay, everything worked out...sort of. ;)
In the living room-
Raquel rushed into the living room after Zoe and Lara, her gun held in her shaking hand. Behind her, a young man with angry red eyes stumbled through the door, letting out an inhuman moan.

Deadeye flinched at the sight, but he had seen enough of these things lately that he wasn't too adversely affected. He stepped back and to the side, raising his rifle and blasting it, destroying the top half of its skull. The ghoul fell to the floor and lay still.

Nitro gaped in terror, but the creature's quick demise kept him from completely losing it.
OOC,[b]Julie[/b], roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d10, so you lose nothing if you succeed but 1d10 if you fail. If you lose 5 or more Sanity, you must then roll Idea. This roll you want to fail, because if you succeed, you'll go temporarily insane.
Outside the house-
Dan landed perfectly and crept over to the door. He was almost there when he heard the gunshot. Peeking around the corner, he looked inside. He could see the partially headless body lying in the kitchen doorway. Nitro and Deadeye were standing close to Julie, near the door. Julie was pointing her pistol at Deadeye, but Nitro had his AK-47 trained on Julie. Zoe had dragged Lara in from the open door at the back of the living room, and Lara clutched Dan's revolver in her hand as she wept uncontrollably. Raquel had followed them into the living room, holding Ghost's pistol.
OOC,Since you got a critical success on your Jump roll, I'll allow it. Nobody has noticed you, as the zombie provided a timely distraction and they're all looking in the opposite direction. You don't need to roll Sanity, as the zombie was slain before you had a chance to see it. If you want to shoot at one of the skinheads, the range is point blank, so you'll only fail to hit on a Malfunction. If you fire a burst, any bullets that don't hit your target(s) may hit [b]Julie[/b], so you'd need to roll Luck. With a single shot you won't need to worry about it, but you will still need to worry about return fire if you shoot now. You may use either rifle (the bolt action Ruger or the AK-47). The AK-47 does less damage, but it is capable of automatic fire or of two single shots per round. Only fire one shot for now if you're shooting; the other shot will come after everyone else gets a first shot.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Zoe, mouth open, stares at the corpse as brains trickle on to the carpet. Her abhorence of Nitro and Deadeye is paramount, and she doesn't know the lady ranger; she pulls the grenades pin and lets the grenade drop to the carpet near to the two men. Immediately after she pulls Lara to the floor.

[ooc: Can Zoe do all of this?]
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

ooc- This is dumb of me but I have forgotten how we handle rolling for burst fire can anyone tell me what I need to roll to determine how many shots hit?
zhirinovsky
Layman
Layman

Post by zhirinovsky »

Julie seemed rather unnerved by the site of the zombie, her concentration being on the two men, and the live grenade bouncing on the floor.
OOC,Hmm. Do I have time to get the hell out of there? Where am I in the room? I'm hoping it's next to the door.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Zoe[/b], you [i]could[/i] do that, but it's a terrible idea, and you don't need an Idea roll to tell you that. Everyone (except [b]Dan[/b]) is in this room, and you'll all take heavy damage from the grenade. We'll treat this as a combat round, so everyone with a gun gets to fire once first. Throwing a grenade would happen in the second half of the round. To do that, you'd need to roll Throw, and if you miss you'll have to roll Luck to see which way it bounces. Even if your throw is on target, you'll still be fairly close to where it detonates. This means that you, [b]Lara[/b], and [b]Raquel[/b] would each take 3d6 damage. Since you're throwing the grenade, you'll have no chance to get out of there. [b]Lara[/b] isn't going anywhere without someone dragging her. [b]Raquel[/b] would get a Dodge roll to get out of the room before it goes off, but if she fails, she will probably die due to her injured state. [b]Lara[/b] will more likely die than not, and you have a decent chance of blowing yourself up as well. [b]Deadeye[/b], [b]Nitro[/b], and [b]Julie[/b] would each take 4d6 damage. [b]Deadeye[/b] cannot roll Dodge, as he fired this round, but [b]Nitro[/b] could. So could [b]Julie[/b], but if she fails she's highly likely to die. Needless to say, the grenade hasn't been thrown yet and might not be. It is [b]Dan[/b]'s turn to shoot first, if he chooses to do so. [b]Dan[/b], if you want to fire a burst, you must first decide how many bullets are in it. You may fire up to 20. An AK-47 gets two single shots or one burst per round. The bolt action rifle only gets one shot [i]every other[/i] round. With a burst, an impale only doubles the damage dice on the first bullet in that burst to hit. You may split your burst between the two targets, in which case you must decide how many bullets are going toward each target. You'll hit no matter what, but roll 1d100 anyway to check for an impale or a Malfunction. If you don't get a Malfunction, you roll 1dX to see how many bullets hit, where X is the number in the burst. If you've split it into X and Y bullets, you must roll 1d100 twice for two separate attack rolls, and then roll 1dX and 1dY to see how many hit each target. So if you fire 20 bullets at one target, roll 1d20. If you send 10 at each of them, roll 1d10 twice. However, if you don't hit with the maximum number of bullets, you must roll Luck or [b]Julie[/b] will be hit by a stray bullet (maybe more than one on an attack roll of 96+). If you split the burst, you must roll Luck for [i]both[/i] portions of the burst unless one of them hits with all of its bullets. Chances are that [b]Julie[/b] will get hit if you attempt this, and she may very well get killed. Firing a single shot means there will be no danger of hitting her, and you'll hit your target automatically provided you don't get a Malfunction. You are at point blank range - but so are they!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

[ooc: I can't do it - killing friendly PCs and NPCs is a bad thing, although, Zoe really, really wants to kill Nitro and Deadeye. The grenade being "dropped" will have to be a group hallucination.
So, we wait for Dan to act first?]

Zoe pictures in her mind the live grenade slipping from her fingers and it exploding, her imagination sees Nitro and Deadeye mangled and bloody.
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Dan turns the corner and fires his AK-47 twice into Nitros back at point blank range. The first bullet tears into him causing massive damage with the second looking only slightly less severe.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the living room-
One bullet struck Nitro in the back, lodging in his spine. He pitched face-first into the carpet, where he lay still.

Raquel pointed her gun at Deadeye, her hand quivering. "Drop it!" she snarled.
Dan Aldrich,I see three rolls of 1d2 in a row with slightly different names on them: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2482346/ http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2482347/ http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2482348/ The first two of them came up 1, and the third (to which you posted a link) is a 2. I'm going to count the first of these, so only one bullet hits [b]Nitro[/b], but I'm not going to penalize [b]Julie[/b] for this. I'm just going to rule that the second bullet missed.
OOC,[b]Deadeye[/b] has already acted this turn, so he can't do anything just yet. [b]Julie[/b] and [b]Raquel[/b] both have him covered now. [b]Dan[/b] has already used his action for the round, but [b]Zoe[/b] and [b]Julie[/b] may both act now.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

[ooc: Knife? (1d100=13) Zoe has a knife on her belt? If poss. she'll have a slash at Deadeye.]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, you can do that, and it hits. Go ahead and roll 1d20 for a hit location and 2d4+2 for damage. [b]Julie[/b] may fire one shot before [b]Zoe[/b] gets close to him, but if she fires a second or third shot, she must roll Luck to avoid accidentally hitting her for each shot that misses.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
zhirinovsky
Layman
Layman

Post by zhirinovsky »

Julie pulls the trigger held tightly in her hand, but misses.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

[ooc: Knife hit location & damage (1d20=2, 2d4+2=7)]

"Take that, you evil bastard!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the living room-
Zoe released Lara, who slumped to the floor sobbing, and drew her knife. She rushed Deadeye and slashed him deeply across his thigh with all of her fury, causing his blood to spill out upon the carpet. He cried out in agony and fell to his knees, but he managed to stay conscious. Seeing how quickly the tables had turned, he dropped his sniper rifle and raised his hands. He still had an M-16 on his back as well as a .45 automatic pistol and knife on his belt, but he made no move for them. "I give up!" he cried. "Please don't kill me!"

Raquel kept her pistol trained on him, but she held her fire. "You raped me!" she shouted.

"I'm sorry..."

The radios in the room crackled. "Deadeye, what's going on?" asked Doc. "Do you read me? Does anyone read me?"

Nitro also lay still. In addition to the AK-47 with attached bayonet in his hands, he had a pump action shotgun and a small satchel on his back, and on his belt were a Desert Eagle .50 pistol, a knife, and a few grenades.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”