IC-OMAHA-Another Fine Mess(Everyone else)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Another Fine Mess(Everyone else)

Post by Tabs »

Rachel Cohen, in the auto body shop:
"Lisa, I'm delighted you want to return to your family, the sooner we can find Erica (and tend to her injuries), the better."

"Kate, am I missing something? I thought we are together to exchange people, it seems Emily Lubacheck and Emilio are preparing for a war."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

Michiko:

-Yes, after saving the city, I think we deserve a good meal!

Jerry:
OOCV,where is he?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,You haven't posted for [b]Jerry[/b] in a while, so I assumed he went with [b]Rachel[/b], [b]Kate[/b], and the others. He's currently outside the auto body shop, across the street from the school.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Rashad shakes his head in frustration. Of fuckin' course they're locked. He follows Tariq.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Alvin said, "Maybe they do not want us in the school. After all I am black and your middle eastern. It is like the man to keep us as thier monkey when they need us but when they do not, they get rid of us. We may not be able to get inside."
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Mr Handy,Ok!
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"The school has a number of immigrant employees, Alvin. Calm down. They locked the doors because they don't want zombies coming in."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cafeteria-
Declan went with Donald out to the hall.

"You're right, Michiko," said Elijah with a grin. "I'm starved, and it smells delicious."

"Just wait until you taste it," said Amelia, who had just finished giving the faculty their soup. She handed out bowls of steaming gumbo to each of the students. "Bon apetit!" She then went over to Lucy's table and gave her a bowl. "You can go ahead and start eating. I'll take the rest of it to the others. There's some time before the main course will be served."

Stephanie blew on her gumbo and dipped her spoon in, taking a taste. It was a little off, as the cook had been under a lot of stress and wasn't at her best, but it was not bad, considering. She was hungry enough that the taste was irrelevant to her, and she devoured it eagerly.

In the east hall, ground floor-
"Northern Ireland was a different place back when I was young," Declan said to Donald as they entered the hall and headed for the east stairwell. Behind them, they saw Dr. Smith and Michelle in the lobby entering the security office, as well as Dr. Somerville and Dr. Singh helping John Lee walk across the lobby. "The RUC were brutal, and they were at the beck and call of the unionists. The B Men, that's the Ulster Special Constabulary, were the worst of the lot. They often shot civilians. It shouldn't be any wonder that some of us shot back."
OOC,[b]Donald[/b], roll Listen.
In the west hall, ground floor-
"That's the spirit," said Liz to John with a grin. She and Dr. Singh helped him into the lobby.

In the lobby-
"Ah," said Liz, sniffing the air as she walked in with Ed Singh and John Lee. A pleasant, spicy odor wafted in from down the hall the east. "I can smell it from here. So, why don't you tell me a little about yourself?" she asked John as they walked.

Dr. Bernard Smith and Michelle Marquez entered the security office.

In the security office-
Dr. Hausmann kept working on Kyle. It would only take her another couple of minutes to finish with the worst of his wounds. She was so focused that she didn't notice Bernard and Michelle come in until they spoke.

"I thought you could use a hand or two," said Dr. Smith.

"Wunderbar," said Brigetta. "I'm almost done with this contusion, but you two could get started on the other one."

On the roof-
Dr. Saunders heard the commotion outside the school and called down to Adam: "There are some people outside the east stairs who are locked out! Have someone let them in!" She went to the southeast corner of the roof and called down. "Hang on, someone's coming to let you in!"

In the north stairwell, upper floor-
"I'm on it!" Adam called back. He hurried downstairs.

Southeast of the school-
"Well, someone's coming," said Ali. "Don't know why they're still afraid of zombies. They're not getting back up now. Maybe they're worried because of what happened while we were gone."

In the auto body shop-
"Well, we'd better be prepared for a war in case there is one, I guess," said Kate. "If this trade goes sour, we'll need to be able to defend ourselves. I want this resolved without bloodshed, but it's best to negotiate from a position of strength. I just wish I could call for backup."

Emily tied Tiny's leash to the counter. "Follow me, Montoya," she said, heading behind the counter and starting to climb down the ladder beneath the broken trapdoor.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Michiko eats very happy for still being alive...
OOC,I have edit the post
Last edited by kabukiman on Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

OOC,What exactly does "someone's coming" mean? Is someone coming to the door, or walking around from the outside?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Gumbo is a kind of soup, so [b]Michiko[/b] would be using a spoon to eat it, not a fork and knife. [b]Tariq[/b] can always call up to the roof and ask [b]Dr. Saunders[/b] what she meant.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Emilio follows Mrs Lubacheck down the ladder.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"Thank you!" Tariq shouts up at Dr. Saunders.

"Ig everything still going well in the school?"
OOC,Sorry, I thought Saunders was talking to someone else (I was wondering how Ali knew). Maybe Michiko doesn't know gumbo is a kind of soup!
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Rashad waves to Dr. Saunders as well. Thank you, friend!
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Alvin muttered, "That was what they told us in Nam young whipper snapper"
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

ooc/Northern Ireland,[quote]"Northern Ireland was a different place back when I was young," Declan said to Donald as they entered the hall and headed for the east stairwell. Behind them, they saw Dr. Smith and Michelle in the lobby entering the security office, as well as Dr. Somerville and Dr. Singh helping John Lee walk across the lobby. "The RUC were brutal, and they were at the beck and call of the unionists. The B Men, that's the Ulster Special Constabulary, were the worst of the lot. They often shot civilians. It shouldn't be any wonder that some of us shot back." [/quote] Being British, and having grown up in the '70s and '80s, I have a slightly different view. No doubt the media in England were biased; but, I'm sure other media had a different bias - and children believe what they are told, more or less. I knew someone in the Garda (Republic of Ireland police), and she didn't share Declan's opinion.
Auto body shop:
Rachel says, "I'm ready for anything."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Declan[/b] is a product of an earlier time and is rather extreme in his views, and they in no way represent my own. There is a wide array of characters with diverse perspectives in this game, and they will often disagree with each other - sometimes even to the point of trying to kill each other. Getting all of these people to work together as much as possible is one of the challenges of this game.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,My apologies for the delay. I completely missed part of the last big post until today when I reread. Listen succeeded (right on the dot). [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2455090/]Listen (29%) (1d100=29)[/url]
Donald listened to Declan as they moved on to the next door. "Must have been ghastly. At least all this craziness isn't too much of a jarring shock to someone with your background." He nodded, winking "I am a great believer in the old addage 'That which does not kill us serves to make us stronger.'"
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

ooc,Yeah, I know. Sorry - I was having a metaphorical "bad hair day".
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Don't sweat it.
In the cafeteria-
The soup wasn't up to Amelia's usual standards, but it was still nourishing and tasted okay to Michiko. Hopefully the main course would be better. The other students began to eat their gumbo too, as did the teachers at their tables and Lucy at hers.

Amelia took the tray of soup bowls out the broken open doors to the east hall.

In the lobby-
John Lee didn't say anything as Liz and Ed walked with him into the hall to the east.

In the east hall, ground floor-
"That's true," Declan told Donald. "Except when it costs you two of your fingers, that is." He grinned as he showed his three-fingered hand.

Declan followed Donald into the east stairwell.

Amelia emerged from the cafeteria as Liz, Ed, and John arrived. "Go ahead and take a bowl, each of you. Then you can go in and sit down. Young man, you'll be sitting at Lucy's table. She's sitting nearest the door. Doctors, you two should sit with Stephanie. She's lonely and could use some cheering up."

In the east stairwell, ground floor-
When Donald and Declan entered the stairwell, they saw that the fire exit leading outside was locked properly, but Donald also heard the people gathered outside talking. They clearly wanted to be let into the building.

In the security office-
While Dr. Hausmann worked, Dr. Smith took a look at Kyle's other major injury. He shook his head. "I don't know if there's anything more I can do for you," he said. Michelle, however, was able to make some headway, doing a lot to help him.

In the north stairwell, ground floor-
Adam ran through the interior door and into the hallway.

On the roof-
"No problem!" called down Dr. Helene Saunders. "Things haven't been that quiet, unfortunately. Darnell Jones and some of the other kids went into the security office. They killed Chuck Lubachek and almost killed Kyle. The cops had them cornered, but they clobbered Erica, took her hostage, and escaped in Chuck Lubachek's old Mustang. The car is damaged after it rolled when Emilio crashed through the fence on the way in, but it still works. The people in the car were hurt, but thankfully none of them had any life-threatening injuries."

Southeast of the school-
"Is that why the doors are locked?" asked Ali.

"I guess," called Dr. Saunders. "They're still afraid of something else happening. There's no danger of the dead getting back up, so at least we don't have to worry on that score. It's the living that are the problem now."
OOC,Everyone outside the school, roll Listen.
In the auto body shop-
"I thought I was ready too," said Kate, lowering her head. "I should have been able to stop this from happening."
OOC,Everyone in the auto body shop, roll Listen.
In the secret room-
When Emilio reached the bottom of the ladder, he saw that Emily had pulled two of the crates aside. The labels on them said they contained pots and pans. She had picked up the crowbar and was prying open one of the crates. She tossed the lid aside, revealing four .45 automatic pistols and two pump action shotguns packed away inside, as well as boxes of .45 magazines and 12-gauge shotgun shells. "Good, you're here," she said. "Start grabbing guns and ammo and bring them up. I'll open the other crate."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”