IC-OMAHA-Another Fine Mess(Everyone else)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Re: IC-OMAHA-Another Fine Mess(Everyone else)

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: Yes I load it.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Alvin said, "Hello Dr. Smith. I am the homeless guy who lives in the football field most time. Served my country in Nam."
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Rashad takes a seat. Thank you ma'am.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Emilio waits for the jacket to be fetched.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
Dr. Saunders maintained her vigil.

In the north stairwell, upper floor-
"Sure thing!" called Amelia from below.

Declan walked through the door and into the hallway.

In the north hall, upper floor-
Declan made his way through the dim hallway. Without windows, not much sunlight made it here. He approached the intersection with the hall that would lead to the science lab.

In the north stairwell, ground floor-
"I've been in the kitchen all this time," Amelia told Donald. "Have to get back there now, in fact. I didn't even notice the door was open. Please, go ahead and close it. The main course is at six, and I hope you'll join us." She left through the door and into the hallway.

In the security office-
Megan Petrovich entered the security office. Kyle cringed when he saw her coming.

"Relax," she assured him. "I'm here to look after you."

"Really? How can you protect me?"

"I was in Iraq, remember. I know how to fight."

"Yeah, but you don't even have a gun!"

North of the school-
Donald locked the door to the stairwell before proceeding to the gym's north door. After making certain that it was secure, he proceeded around the northeast corner of the building to the construction area.

In the cafeteria-
Tariq nodded to his son before proceeding into the kitchen to get some gumbo for himself and his friends.

"I was in college during the last years of the war," Dr. Smith told Alvin, "so I had a deferment and didn't need to worry about being drafted. Then I went to medical school in the mid-seventies. You've done this country a great service, sir. It's a shame that you've been reduced to such living conditions."

"Well, I guess we're all on equal footing now," said Erin, who waved for Rashad and Samir to sit next to her, which they did. "This isn't the sort of equality I had in mind, though."

Outside the school-
Jerry loaded his new pistol as he walked across the street, following the others. Coach Moore, LaTanya, and Kelly walked through the hole in the fence. "You might as well come on inside with us," said the coach to Emilio and Jerry. "There's no reason to wait out here."

Southeast of the school-
Kate tried the door, but it was locked. "Dammit!" she said. "Come on, let's head around to the north and see if we can find a way in."

"Good idea," said the principal. "The lockers are upstairs, so we'll need to go to the north stairs anyway." He followed her into the construction area, as did Miguel.

"Mangy?" said Emily to Rachel. "Well, I'm sorry if Chuck hasn't been able to groom him, what with all the zombies and with him being dead and all. Come on, let's go." She hurried after the others.

In the construction area-
As Donald rounded the corner, he ran into Kate, Principal Adler, Miguel, and Emily. He could also see others further south, heading for the school.

"Ah, there you are, Donald," said the principal. "We need to get back inside and into Lisa Marley's locker. She left with her father in that VW bus that came by before she could tell us where the warehouse is, but we might be able to track her down with the help of the Lubacheks' dog. We just need to get her coat so he can pick up her scent."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Looking across the school yard as he waits for the others to come back out, Emilio takes a seat on the main entrance stairs. He checks the shotgun and hopes he´ll spot that WV again...
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Alvin smiled and said, "Thanks but with Charlie all around us still, you better be careful. I would hate like hell to see you get hurt."
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

Rachel Cohen-

"Emily, I'm sorry about Chuck.
"Tiny will do a great job, I'm sure."

She goes north with everyone else.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

-The idea was trying to stop those punks of hurting the hostage.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

"I've worked up quite an appatite," Donald told Amelia with a smile and rubbing his belly at the same time. "I wouldn't dream of missing chow." He winked to the woman before securing the door and pushing on.

He ran into Kate, Principal Adler, Miguel, and Emily, and nodded to the principal, "I've been around the building, closed all unsecure doors. Almost done. Do we know which locker is hers? I'll get my tools and meet you there."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
Dr. Saunders watched and waited.

In the north hall, upper floor-
Declan turned left at the intersection.

In the northeast hall, upper floor-
Declan walked down the hall, past the door to the now useless computer lab. Ahead, on the right-hand wall, was the door leading to the science lab.

In the north hall, ground floor-
Amelia returned to the lobby.

In the security office-
Megan Petrovich and Kyle Rogers,"I'm a skilled martial artist," said [b]Megan[/b]. "Don't worry, I won't let anything happen to you." "Can't you let me out, please?" asked [b]Kyle[/b]. "I want to help." "It's not my call. I don't even have the keys." She paused. "What do you know about [b]Tariq[/b]?" "The cafeteria guy? Not much." "He's been acting suspiciously lately. I just walked past him talking to two Middle Eastern guys I've never seen before. They were all talking in Arabic. I couldn't make out all the words, but I think they're up to something."
In the cafeteria-
Tariq returned from the kitchen with a tray containing bowls of gumbo and spoons for all of the new arrivals.

"Charlie?" said Dr. Smith, confused. "If that's you're way of referring to the reanimated corpses, you don't need to worry on that score. The scientists assured me they'll stay down for good."

"Really?" said Samir. "How do they know for sure?"

He shrugged. "I'm a doctor, not a physicist. That EMP doohickey interfered with the electrical process that animates them. And they won't get back up because of the message we beamed into space, even it weren't continually generating EMPs."

South of the school-
Tiny went with Emilio to the front stairs south of the school and plopped down at his feet. The front doors were still securely barricaded, so there was no way inside from here.

Outside the school-
Jerry continued following the others, passing through the hole in the fence.

Southeast of the school-
Jerry neared the southeast corner of the school. "And we will stop them," said the coach to Jerry. "We just need to get Lisa's coat so the dog can track her down."

"I know I can talk some sense into Darnell if we could only find him," said LaTanya.

"We'd better save Erica quickly," said Kelly. "I don't want anything to happen to her."

The three of them continued on into the construction area.

In the construction area-
"I'm not sure which one is hers," admitted Kate, "but we'll find it."

"They're all on the balcony overlooking the lobby anyway," said the principal, "so we'll need to go up the north stairwell. I'm sure I can locate the locker. Please meet us there to let us in." He, Miguel, and Emily followed her around the corner to the north side of the school.

Donald checked the last gym door as Coach Moore, LaTanya, and Kelly arrived. It too proved to be locked, and his circuit of the building was now complete.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Rashad's eyebrows raised. Message into space? What are you talking about?
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Satisfied that the building was secured, Donald made his way to his shack to pick up tools that might be needed to break into the lockers. He recalled the last time he had to open a locker was a few weeks back when there was a rumor about Scotty McBride having some plans for a school shooting. Hard to believe those were the easy times.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Before [b]Donald[/b] went to the shack, he recalled that he had left a couple of hammers in the wheelbarrow in the general science lab upstairs. He could easily use the claw end of one of those to pry off a padlock.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years

Post by Barandis »

Declan opens the door to the science lab and has a scan round the room looking for the chemical storage area.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

Rachel Cohen-

"Well, good luck with Tiny."
Trott
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 13 years 10 months

Post by Trott »

Sharon

Sharon got up from her seat and excused herself. Although the zombie situation seemed to have been resolved, there were still issues to be dealt with. Such as food and water. It might be some time before order was restored, and in all likelihood the water systems would fail before them. In her opinion, they should start building up stocks to last them through the crisis.

She started walking towards the kitchen area to wait for Amelia to return. The cook would know the most out of everyone, and if the situation was bad . . . well then, there was no need to create unnecessary worry by letting everyone know.

Diana

Meanwhile, Diana continued her conversation with her friends. "So what do you guys think we should do if any bad people turn up? Sure, this place is safe now. But sooner or later people from outside will show up. What if they have guns? I'm sure there are lots of nasty people out there that would love to get in on what we have here."
Last edited by Trott on Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,how do you keep track of all this crap?
As if a disembodied voice whispered into his ear, Donald paused and remembered about his wheel barrel and the various tools he threw in there for possible weapondry. WIth a smile he headed back to science lab upstairs.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I write it down. ;) Well, technically, I type it. It's all in the Locations and Weapons thread. Admittedly, I did remember that the tools were in the wheelbarrow, but I had to look up the thread to see where you'd actually left it. It was a long time ago in the real world, but less than an hour in game time, so no Idea roll was required to remember that detail. [b]Sharon[/b], there is currently nobody in the kitchen. Most of the characters are in the cafeteria with you (check the Locations thread to see where everyone is), so if you're looking for people to talk to, you don't need to go anywhere. [b]Amelia[/b] would be in the kitchen, but she was taking food to others scattered around the school. She's on her way back, but she hasn't returned yet. She'd be a good person to speak to regarding food and water. Also, don't forget to post for [b]Diana[/b] too. You can include both of their actions in the same post if you like.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Trott
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 13 years 10 months

Post by Trott »

Spoiler:
Thanks Mr. Handy. I'll edit my post to make it clear that she's going to wait for Amelia to return to the kitchen so they can have a 'private conversation'

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”