IC-OMAHA-Another Fine Mess(Everyone else)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-OMAHA-Another Fine Mess(Everyone else)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day - 5:20 PM Central Time - Brooks High School, Omaha, Nebraska
In the security office-
Kate shook her head when Rachel started to move towards the exit. "Rachel, no!" she hissed. "They'll kill her...and you." She headed over to Kyle's cell and knelt at his side. "Hang on, I'll help you," she said. She tried her best, but there was little more she could do. "They messed you up bad." She looked over at the other cell. "They messed him up even worse."

"I never hurt anyone," coughed Kyle. "Those punks are bad news, but nobody listened to me. They should be locked up, not me." He tried to bandage his own wound, but he was too weak to help.

"Here, let me try, sonny," said Declan. His efforts were in vain as well. "If only I still had all me fingers," he sighed.

Jerry couldn't hear anything beyond the office.
Rachel Cohen and Declan McLeod,[b]Rachel[/b] and [b]Declan[/b] could hear the footsteps of [b]Darnell[/b] and the gang retreating into the lobby, where they paused. If she were to attempt to leave at this point, she would be spotted for sure. She then heard [b]Doug[/b] say "Which way, mon?"
OOC,Anyone who has not already tried First Aid on [b]Kyle[/b] may do so now.
In the special projects lab-
"I just hope Officer Kate's okay," said Kelly. "Roy is a monster, and his friend Darnell probably isn't any better."

"I'm sure she'll be fine," the principal reassured her. "She's a police officer, and she knows how to take care of herself. Besides, she has a gun, and Roy McCrumb is badly injured."

On the roof-
Adam kept one eye on the EMP device and the other on Dr. Saunders and the other scientists at the crash site below.

In the construction area-
Michiko went with Michelle and the scientists to the scene of the wreck.

Southeast of the school-
Emily accepted Donald's help in getting out of the car, taking Tiny with her. "You can't quit on me now, Montoya," she said. "You have to fix these wheels first, but before that we have to get Chuck out of jail." She turned to Donald. "Let's get inside, then. Take us to my son. You've got keys to every door, right?" She looked at the fire exit that led out of the east stairwell. "That's the nearest one. Let's go. Keith, you should stick with us."

Dr. Saunders managed to revive John Lee, the Chinese-looking teenager, and repaired some of the injuries he had suffered while she was at it.

"Unh..." he moaned, holding his head. "What happened?"

Michiko, Michelle, and the scientists arrived at the car.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Another Fine Mess(Everyone else)

Post by Tabs »

She signals to Kate to indicate she will be cautious.
Rachel bites her lip and holds back from following the teenagers, to avoid being seen by Roy, Darnell, etc.
She whispers: "Erica, that was a foolish attempt at stopping those kids in the security office..." she adds, "They'll leave you behind, for sure."

Keith shrugs as if undecided, but says to Emily: "Yeah, I'm coming."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Emilio spits on the school yard. "Hey, I´m good at cars, bad with people. I´ll beauty up the ride, no worries. But then I´m off. Let´s get Chuck out of the slammer." He walks towards the door along with Keith, Donald and Emily.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

Michiko:
-It's good that the dead aren't rising again here. Or we would be in trouble.

Jerry:
-It's all my fault! I wasn't able to convince them to stop, and wasn't able to protect the people in my custody!
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

"All right... sure. Nothing better to do at the moment," Donald confessed to Emily. "Besides, someone better keep an eye on you. Those were some bad cuts you had. Wouldn't want you springing a leak again."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the security office-
"It's not your fault, Jerry," said Kate, standing up. "There was nothing you could have done. There were too many of them." She didn't hear a thing.

Kyle was too preoccupied to pay attention to what was going on outside, but Declan could hear just fine.
Rachel Cohen and Declan McLeod,"Well the adults want us out of the school so I say we go to my house which is only a few blocks away from here," said [b]Darnell[/b] in the lobby. "Mom was supposed to work this morning so if she was infected she was infected at the day care she works at instead of at home and if not she should be safe there and we should be safe as well. But I say we take the bitch with us as added insurance cause I do not trust that cop bitch. She will shoot us down as soon as she can." "I like the way you think, buddy," said [b]Roy[/b]. "We're keeping her." [b]Rachel[/b] could then hear some whispering, but she couldn't quite make out what was being said. "We will go upstairs and take more hostages then we can be left alone," said [b]Darnell[/b] after the whispering was finished. Finally, footsteps receded from the lobby down the hall to the north.
OOC,Anyone wishing to leave the security office will need to roll Sneak. The base skill level is 10%.
"I wish Roy McCrumb had been killed," said Kelly, crossing her arms.

Principal Adler looked at her with concern. "Kelly, would you like to talk with me in private?"

"I...no, not really."

On the roof-
Adam watched with relief as the injured people emerged from the Mustang. They were hurt badly, but they had all survived.

Southeast of the school-
Dr. Bernard Smith and Michelle Marquez helped John Lee out of the car. "Let's get you all inside," said Dr. Smith.

"We'll use my office," said Michelle.

"Well, we don't have to worry about the dead any more," Stephanie reassured Michiko. "Not as long as the EMP device stays functional and we don't leave its area of effect. And even then, there won't be any new zombies, only the ones that are already active. Let's all go back inside."

"Ja," said Dr. Hausmann. "We will make everyone better there. Come, Stephanie." The two women followed the others to the fire exit, and Dr. Saunders, Dr. Singh, and Dr. Somerville went after them.

Donald opened the door to the east stairwell with his keys, leading the way inside.

In the east stairwell-
Donald, Emilio, Emily, Tiny, Keith, and the scientists made their way inside. The stairway itself was still barricaded, but they could enter the ground floor through the interior door.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Rachel talks to everyone in the security office: "Dammit! The kids are not going to leave Erica behind like they agreed - are we surprised by that? Even worse, they will snatch more hostages from upstairs. They whispered something else which I didn't catch, no doubt any of us exiting the security office will be shot at. We need a plan."

~

Keith says, "My belly aches, I think ate too many potato chips."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Well, that could be a solution. Atrract all the zombies to places where they were deactivated, and then simply destroy them. And shouldn't destroy alll the zombies just in the case something happens to Emp device?
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"So, where´s Chuck at? We need to talk to the sheriff, there´s got to be a misunderstanding..." Emilio opens the interior door and holds the door up for the others to get in. "Down the corridor and up the north stairs, rigt?"
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the security office-
"I wish I knew what to do," said Kate. "If we leave too soon and they're waiting for us, people are going to get killed. But if we wait too long, they'll get away. We have to at least find out where they're going, but if I tried to follow them I'm sure they'd notice me. Proper police procedure would be to call for backup, but the radios aren't working any more after the pulse, and the phones have been down since morning. The people upstairs aren't defenseless, at least. Becky has that shotgun, Principal Adler has the pistol and baseball bat, the coach has a bow and a saber, and some of the scientists are armed too. Maybe the coach or LaTanya could even talk some sense into Darnell and Roy, but they may be beyond that now."
OOC,Everyone in the security office, roll Listen again.
"Kelly, I'm here to help you," said Principal Adler. "You need to talk about this with someone."

"Well..." she started, "all right. But only in private."

On the roof-
Adam watched everyone entering the building.

Southeast of the school-
Dr. Smith and Michelle helped John Lee enter school via the east stairwell.

In the east stairwell, ground floor-
"Any zombies that enter the device's area of effect will automatically go down as long as it's running," explained Stephanie. "The ones that went down already should stay down permanently, even if it fails. It would be sensible to destroy the bodies anyway, for the sake of hygiene alone. Once they start to decompose...I don't want to even think about it."

"They locked Chuck up in the security office, I think," said Dr. Saunders. "It's right off of the lobby. This way." She walked through the door to the east hall, nodding to Emilio. "Thank you." The others filed through the door after her, just as Dr. Smith, Michelle,and John entered.

In the east hall, ground floor-
Dr. Saunders led the way into the hallway. The doors to the cafeteria were still lying smashed open, and the lobby was a short distance ahead.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

[Rachel Cohen: Listen 27%: 100! - Ear infection??]

Keith Stewart:
"I can't be doing with all this: too many people telling me what to do, it's like a double physics lesson. I'm returning outside for a smoke."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the security office-
Jerry paused, his ears perking up.
Jerry Law,[b]Jerry[/b] heard several pairs of footsteps entering the lobby from the east hall. Most of the people approaching were women from the sound of the way they walked.
Declan heard nothing, as did Kyle. Kate, however, did hear something.

"We've got people entering the lobby from the east," she whispered. "A bunch of them. What do you think, should we risk going out there yet?"

"Let's go down to my office," said Principal Adler. "In fact, we should all head downstairs. It's almost time for dinner." With that, he led the large group of assembled people into the hall and then the north stairwell.

On the roof-
Adam Donnelly took a good look around - and didn't like what he saw one bit.
Adam Donnelly,[b]Adam[/b] looked to the east and noticed a group of teenagers led by [b]Darnell Jones[/b] emerging into the construction site from a fire exit near the northeast corner. [b]Roy[/b] was carrying [b]Stephanie[/b]'s friend [b]Erica[/b], who looked badly battered and had a serious head wound. [b]Doug Marley[/b] was with them, and he and [b]Darnell[/b] both carried bloody baseball bats. [b]Heather Anderson[/b] toted an M-16. At the same time, [b]Keith Stewart[/b] came out of the fire exit near the southeast corner that he had just entered through.
Adam didn't hesitate. He raced downstairs.

In the north stairwell, upper floor-
Adam reached the landing just as Principal Adler's large group entered from the hall. "We've got a situation outside!" he said, out of breath.

In the east hall, ground floor-
Dr. Saunders led her group into the lobby.

In the lobby-
The first thing Michelle, Michiko, and the scientists saw when they entered the lobby was that the door to the security office had been smashed down.

In the east stairwell, ground floor-
Keith ducked back outside.
Keith Stewart,You are moving to the thread linked below. Do not read the posts above the one in the link. The other players are not to know yet that you are in that thread, so I haven't updated the Locations thread or the character list to reflect this. Also, make sure you keep [b]Rachel[/b]'s knowledge separate from [b]Keith[/b]'s. [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=160&t=2208&p=91958#p91958]Wild in the Streets[/url]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Yes Kate, it's worth the risk. Maybe the other group will distract any watchers of the security office. Right, I'll go first - it was my idea to let the thugs go - back me up, please." Rachel smiles a little apprehensively, grips her pistol and nips out the door of the security office.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the security office-
"I've got your back, Rachel," said Kate. The two women went around the corner, stepping over the door they had broken down to get inside. Declan went with them.

In the lobby-
Rachel and Kate emerged from the security office to find Dr. Saunders, Dr. Smith, Dr. Hausmann, Stephanie, Dr. Somerville, Dr. Singh, MIchelle, Michiko, Donald, Emilio, John Lee, Emily, and Tiny.

"Have you seen a bunch of teenagers?" asked Kate. "They've got Erica and her M-16."

"Oh my God!" said Stephanie. "No, we didn't see anyone on our way in. We entered through the east stairs. Is Erica hurt?"

"I'm afraid so. They knocked her out and took her hostage, but she'll live if we can rescue her."

"My son!" said Emily. "What about my son? Where is he?!" She started pulling Tiny towards the entrance to the security office.

"You don't want to go in there, ma'am. You've been hurt badly too. What happened to you?"

She frowned at Emilio. "He thinks he's a stunt driver. Rammed the fence and rolled Chuck's Mustang. Now get out of my way and let me see my son!"

In the north stairwell, upper floor-
"What happened?" asked Principal Adler.

"Four of the students came out of the fire exit into the construction area, near the north side of the school," said Adam. "One of them was carrying Erica, and she was badly injured. Two of them had baseball bats, and a girl with them had an M-16."

"Was it Roy?" asked Kelly.

"The big football player? Yeah, he's the one who had Erica."

"Oh, no..."

"Darnell and his gang have gone further than I ever thought they would," said the principal. "Thanks, Adam. Get back to the roof and keep watch. The rest of you, we're going downstairs." Adam ran back upstairs, and everyone else followed Adler down to ground level.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald frowned at the predicament and said, "At the risk of sounding heartless, I think it's in all of our best interest to return back to the others... safety in numbers and all. I don't have an assault rifle to even the score with a bunch of teenage punks... but the others in the school do. Those kids shouldn't be going far if they know what's good for them. If they do risk their own lives and head into the wild, well... I'm not volunteering for a suicide mission of retrieval."
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Rachel says, "Donald is right: safety in numbers and it makes sense to stay together at the school; but, we must rescue Erica. Officer Wheeler and I have weapons, and although the punks have an M-16, I'm betting they can't accurately fire it - the odds are stacked in our favour. I believe we should give chase immediately."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Michiko
-So we have a band of dangerous teenagers outside. Well, we don't know how the city is, but probably they will find some resistance from other madman like them. I just hope that Erica-san escapes.
Jerry
-I will go help Erica. I feel responsible for her destiny.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Begrudgingly, Donald says "Since I have access to the school's locked areas, I'll tag along. But if we get off school property, I'm heading back." And he adds in, "If there's any firefight, you're not likely to find me sticking around. I don't pretend to be bulletproof."
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Rachel says, "Thanks Jerry, and you too Donald - we'll need your knowledge of the school."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Realizing Keith has moved out to the yard, Emilio back tracks and leaves the crowd. "I´ll be right back, yall! Gotta see what happened to that Keith kid."
TVblog

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”