IC-OMAHA-Another Fine Mess(Everyone else)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Another Fine Mess(Everyone else)

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Alvin told the others what he had heard as well
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Tariq looks at Rashad, Samir, and Erin.

"I don't really feel like getting involved in a family feud. I thought everyone in the school had decided to obey the law and wait for the police to return?"
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Rashad waves a hand to stop the group. Listen, before we get into there and involved in a possible shootout, we should talk about this a bit. And, to be honest, I really need to piss. Where are the bathrooms?
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tabs »

Rachel Cohen speaks to Kate and others, but, ensures Lisa is out of earshot:
"I agree about the guns and EMP device; trading Lisa though, that is a brilliant idea. Do you think Lisa wishes to return to her family?"
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"I see your hesitation to trade in guns, and see the logic in not to do that. Mrs Lubacheck, we´d probably better off letting vengance rest till after all this. In case the guy who whacked Chuck comes out alive from this, we´ll set things straight, then. Now, we let the brains figgure out where they are and how to swap hostages. We can do our best to protect the auto shop. I know that the kid who showed up here earlier, Keith, knows of the arms stach here. It would be unwise to leave the shop unattended. No place like home, right? Come inside and continue the discussion, OK guys. I´ll go down and check the wares and see what we have to work with. OK, mrs Lubacheck?"
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the security office-
Dr. Hausmann was now more than halfway done treating the worst of Kyle's injuries.

In the north stairwell, ground floor-
Dr. Saunders went up the stairs.

In the cafeteria-
Doanld closed the fire exit and made sure it was locked. He and Declan then stepped into the kitchen, where the nearest exit was located.

In the kitchen-
Amelia was filling bowls with hot, steaming gumbo and loading them onto a tray when Donald and Declan walked in. The kitchen's fire exit had been broken in by the zombified Jacob Marley, but the barricade that was blocking off the exit looked to be solid and in good shape. It wouldn't last any longer than the door had in the event of another attack, but it would buy a little time. If the scientists were right and the dead were dead for good, that was unlikely, though he knew all too well that there were other dangers in the city.

"Are you two still working?" asked Amelia, picking up the tray. "You should take a seat and have some dinner."

In the nurse's office-
The scientists finished treating John Lee and helped him to his feet.

"There, you're good to go," said Liz. "Let's get you to the cafeteria and get some fine cooking in you."

"I'll go see if I can help Dr. Hausmann," said Dr. Smith. "I'll eat with her in the security office.

"So will I," said Michelle. "We'll be over to the cafeteria once we're done, but at least we can have the soup there." She and the doctor left the office.

On the roof-
Adam continued to watch the exchange below, checking the machine every so often.

Southeast of the school-
"I don't think we should get involved either, Father," said Ali. "This is not our fight. Let's go get something to eat." He walked through the hole in the fence.

"Well spoken," said Samir, following him.

"Why would I want to avenge your son's death?" said Lori. "I never even liked the guy. He always creeped me out." A thought occurred to her. "Is Kyle okay?"

"No, they damn near killed him too," said Emily.

Lori gasped. "What?! How could this have happened?"

"This rent-a-cop did a piss-poor job, that's how." She jerked a thumb at Jerry Law. "He was supposed to be guarding the prisoners, and he let those punks butcher my son!"

"It wasn't his fault," said Principal Adler. "He was outnumbered."

"So, Lori, will you come with us now?"

"I don't think so," she said. "I have to see how Kyle's doing." She walked through the large hole in the fence. "I'll point out the bathrooms to you," she added to Rashad as she led him onto the school grounds.

"I can't be sure," Kate replied to Rachel, "but I'd think Lisa would want to go back to her family. We could ask her. I don't like the idea of waiting too long. Anything could happen to Erica. We should get the guns and come up with a plan, but let's not spend too long." She led the others with her across the street, to the driveway in front of the auto body shop. They joined Emilio, who had seen no traffic whatsoever when he looked both ways. It would be unlikely for any working vehicles to be around, but old habits died hard and it paid to be safe.
OOC,[b]Rachel[/b], roll Psychology to get a read on [b]Lisa[/b].
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Speaking to Declan, Donald shook his head as they approached the next exit to the outside, "Children these days. What has gone wrong with the world? Here we are in the Apocalypse and these people take it amongst themselves to shoot at each other and take hostages. Life is too short for this... doubly so what with all those zombies wandering about."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

-Thank you very much. After all it happened, some delicious food is perfect.
wizbit
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 2 months

Post by wizbit »

Erin was thankful to finally be off the roof of her house but now felt slightly overwhelmed by the activity around the school. Tension was high and Erin had no intention of getting involved. She pulled Ali closer to her as she stood next to Tariq, observing the situation and waiting to follow his lead.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tabs »

Rachel:
"Emilio, what have you got in this arms stash - anything impressive?"

[ooc: Psychology (1d100=79)]

"Kate, if Lisa doesn't want to return to her family she can swap herself for Erica's sake, but, afterwards return to us at the school?"
Rachel proposes the idea of the swap: "Lisa, ..."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

By the door to Chuck´s Auto shop, Emilio smiles, "I´m not at liberty to say, even if I knew. It´s all up to Lubacheck. I know of it not what it contains." He starts to move inside, dropping the door for anyone of the others to follow.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
zhirinovsky
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 1 month

Post by zhirinovsky »

Standing up with the aid of Dr.Liz Somerville, John Lee stretches a little to see where his body aches from the crash. Wincing, he relaxes and attempts to straighten up his clothing a little. ""So - Dr. Somerville? - what's the food like round here? After what I've seen today, I thought I wouldn't be able to keep anything down, but I am starving! Oh and, thanks for helping me out." Before Liz can even reply, he hastly pats himself down.
Mr. Handy,This patting-down is to check for the cased-DVD, John Lee also has a shocked look on his face.
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Rashad smiles. Thank you. He turns around and gestures vaguely to Samir. Yo man, you mind watching my back? Hate to get shot in the back taking a piss, you know?
Mr. Handy,I want to convey that Samir should follow Rashad so they can discuss something. Is there any sore of skill check that would be involved in that?
Last edited by kouchpotato on Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"Well said, Ali," Tariq says, gathering his family.

"Let's go inside, eat, and use the bathroom. Maybe we can help the wounded or talk to someone in charge. Getting into this fight isn't going to help anyone."
Handy,Tariq is planning to use the bathroom as well with Rashad and Samir.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

John Lee,The DVD case is in your backpack.
Rashad Sadiq,You don't have to roll anything for that. [b]Samir[/b] might roll Psychology, but I think he would get the idea even if he failed the roll.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Alan says, "I have not used the bathroom in the school for years. Am not sure I will be allowed to now."
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the security office-
Dr. Hausmann kept busy working on Kyle.

In the north stairwell, upper floor-
Dr. Saunders continued up to the roof.

In the kitchen-
"Tell me about it," said Declan to Donald as they returned to the cafeteria. "Why, when I was their age, I never went around shooting at anyone. Well, except the Royal Ulster Constabulary and the B Men, but they had it comin'!"

Amelia followed them back to the cafeteria, carrying her tray full of bowls.

In the cafeteria-
Donald and Declan returned to the cafeteria. They had already checked the fire exit there. The next closest exit was in the east stairwell, which meant first returning to the east hall.

Amelia entered the cafeteria with her bowls and walked around the counter. "Soup's on, everyone!" she called. She placed a steaming bowl of gumbo in front of Stephanie, who sat by herself with her chin in her hands, her head lowered. "Aw, why so glum?"

"They took Erica," said Stephanie, trying not to cry. "They took her and there's nothing I can do about it."

"Don't worry, someone will save her. In the meantime, there is something you can do. You can eat your gumbo." She went on to continue to serve the people seated in the cafeteria.

"Hooray, the science club is back together!" said Elijah when Michiko sat down at the students' table. "Well, Ali went home, but the rest of us are still here."

"I still can't believe everything that's happened," said Teresa.

"I knew all along aliens were behind it," said Diana. "I wonder what they look like? Maybe they can disguise themselves as humans!"

In the nurse's office-
Dr. Liz Somerville and Dr. Edward Singh helped John Lee to his feet. While he was still in a little pain, it wasn't as bad any more. He was able to walk okay, but it was a good thing he didn't have to do any running. "You're welcome," said Liz, smiling. "And please, call me Liz. The food here is excellent! The school has this great chef from New Orleans, Amelia Delacroix. She made us all a wonderful Cajun lunch, didn't she, Ed?"

"Oh, yes, fantastic," said Dr. Singh, but his mind was clearly elsewhere.

Both scientists helped John into the hall.

In the west hall, ground floor-
Dr. Somerville, Dr. Singh, and John Lee left the nurse's office and entered the corridor. Ahead of them, Dr. Bernard Smith and Michelle Marquez were already in the lobby.

On the roof-
Dr. Saunders reached the roof. "Hey, Adam!" she said. "I'll take over for you now. You go down to the cafeteria and fill your belly. And keep Stephanie company." Adam looked a little startled. "What, you think I didn't notice the way you look at her? Go for it, before someone else beats you to it."

"Dr. Saunders, we work together. I couldn't..."

She put a hand on his shoulder. "It's up to you, but you shouldn't deny yourself a chance at happiness. You shouldn't deny it to her, either. After everything that's happened, she could really use someone to lean on."

Adam sighed. "I'll think about it." He headed back downstairs.

Southeast of the school-
Samir nodded to Tariq and Rashad. "I must use the bathroom as well," he said. "After all that time on the roof..."

"Then let's go inside," said Ali. He led his parents, Lori, Alvin, Murray, Rashad, and Samir across the grass and the parking lot to the fire exit at the southeast corner of the school building.

"Well, I'm sure you can find the bathroom yourselves," said Lori. "I have to go see how Kyle's doing first." She tried the door handle. "It's locked."

Outside the auto body shop-
"Of course I want to go back to my family," said Lisa. "Only...please let Doug go too. He didn't hurt anyone."

"I can't promise anything," said Kate, "but if he and the rest of your family cooperate, we might be able to work out a deal." She followed Emily and Tiny into the shop. Principal Adler, Coach Moore, Miguel, LaTanya, Kelly, and Lisa also entered.

In the auto body shop-
With the Mustang gone, the garage consisted largely of empty space. Emily and Tiny joined Emilio inside and headed over towards the open trapdoor behind the counter. "The guns are in two crates downstairs," she said. "They're all packed up, so they'll need to be cleaned before they can be used. There's ammo in there too."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"Locked ? We'll try another entrance..." Tariq leads the way.
zhirinovsky
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 1 month

Post by zhirinovsky »

"Well, if the chef's that good, I'm certainly looking forward to eating!" smiles John Lee as the head off to the hall.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald shot a look at Declan, "Royal Ulster Constabulary and the B Men? Somethin' you'd like to tell me about?" He led the way to the hall. "I suppose we'll be posting a roving guard tonight to be on the safe side."

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”