IC-OMAHA-Another Fine Mess(Everyone else)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Another Fine Mess(Everyone else)

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Tariq speaks softly in Arabic to Rashad and Samir as he continues to the restrooms.
What he says,"Yes. The team of scientists here managed to stop the...they said undead. I had no idea you had a weapon like that. I've been trying to appear on their side, since they do seem to be the most powerful group in the area right now. I'm sorry it took such lengths for us to be able to speak alone. Samir, I am glad to see you on this "day of days", what are the orders?"
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Alvin said, "yo man where is the eats at? What I have to go kill the food myself, should I go to my usual place and eat out of the dumpster is that what your saying cause I am black?"
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,I sure hope these people going and undoing all the hard work I'm doing making sure all these doors are secured are mindful enough to secure the doors behind them when they're done. Sheesh. I'll never get done circling around the building if this continues.
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Rashad keeps his head down.
Arabic Conversation,[color=#0000FF] Yes, my friend. What are we to do?[/color]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the north hall, ground floor-
Samir paused and spoke softly in Arabic to Tariq and Rashad.
Tariq al-Tikriti and Rashad Sadiq,"I did not know of any such weapon either," says [b]Samir[/b]. "Of course, they keep our cells compartmentalized, so this biological attack could be the work of another cell. I find all this talk about aliens hard to believe. We cannot speak long, or the others may get suspicious. We need to do something about that EMP device. From the way things are going, I doubt the infidels can get back on their feet, but we must make sure. First we must gather as much information as we can about it and the scientists who devised it. From the sound of things, they don't have much of a presence guarding it, but we'll have to move quickly. Ideally, we want to steal the device and take it with us out of the city. If there is no way to do that, we must destroy it. We will also need to ensure that another cannot be built. [b]Tariq[/b], you were here before. What have you leanred?"
In the lobby-
Dr. Brigetta Hausmann and Michelle Marquez emerged from the security office as the three men were speaking in Arabic down the hall.

In the west stairwell, ground floor-
Donald entered the stairwell and checked the fire exit. That one too was secure.
OOC,[b]Donald[/b], you needn't worry about that so much. The fire doors automatically close unless propped open.
In the cafeteria-
"Please try to be patient, Mr. Drummond," said Sharon. "Everything is so chaotic today, so it's taking more time to serve everyone. Amelia is out bringing soup to everyone who isn't in the cafeteria. Tariq should be here serving, but I don't know where he's run off to."

Laura returned from the kitchen, carrying a tray with several bowls of gumbo, each with a spoon in it.

"What should the new rules be?" Teresa asked Michiko. "What are we supposed to do with bad guys now? We've already seen that we can't lock them up and take care of them, or someone will just come for revenge."

"Yes, but we can't just kill them," said Diana. "That would be wrong, and there's been far too much death already. Human life is even more precious now than ever."

Stephanie heard the conversation from her table and sighed wistfully as she resumed eating. "The world is a very different place," she said. "Have we really saved it?"

"Civilization is in tatters," said Dr. Singh. "I don't know if it will ever be rebuilt. Is humanity even worth saving, the way it behaves?"

"Oh, don't say that," said Liz. "We've seen the worst in humanity today, but also the best. It is definitely worth saving, and we will build a new world on the ruins of the old - starting today."

In the north stairwell, ground floor-
Amelia hurried upstairs.

In the workshop-
Declan finished collecting the items he sought and was ready to leave the workshop.
OOC,I'll come up with stats for the nail gun when I get a chance and add it to your weapons list.
On the roof-
Dr. Saunders continued to watch.

In the auto body shop-
Kate finished loading her shotgun, looking worried as she joined Emilio outside.

Outside the auto body shop-
Emilio could already hear the tires screeching before he stepped outside. By the time he got out there, the minibus had pulled out and was already beyond shotgun range. Kate followed him, and they both saw the minibus make a sharp left turn at the nearest intersection east of the school.

"Now what do we do?" asked Kate, frowning. "How can we possibly find out where Erica is?"
OOC,[b]Lisa[/b] is moving to the following thread. Her player, if she ever gets one, should stop reading the current thread at this point, and should not read any posts in the new thread above the one in the link. All other players remain in the current thread.
Wild in the Streets
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Super secret conversation,[b]Rashad[/b] nods enthusiastically. [color=#0000FF]Yes, stealing it would be ideal. But... what if we could somehow make it more powerful? If this EMP hit the whole country, it would bring the infidels to their knees.[/color]
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Well, what´s the highest location in town? If two of us head there, we´d be able to scout further than the next street corner. We do need to get pretty high, though. The school won´t do. Is there a radio or water tower we can scale, somewhere close by? I don´t think they are very far away. They weren´t away for so long a time." Emilio suggests to Kate.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald headed up the stairs to check the fire door on the upper level next.
Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years

Post by Barandis »

Declan shoulders his toolbag and says to Amelia. "Chemistry lab next. I have some things to collect up there" before heading out of the door.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Donald[/b], the stairwell is barricaded. Only the north stairwell has not been blocked. If you want to get to the next fire exit on ground level, you can either return to the hall and make your way through the interior, or you can exit the building here and make your way along the outside wall, which would be faster. [b]Declan[/b], [b]Amelia[/b] has actually already left and is nearly to the roof. You should run into her as she's on her way back.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

ImpInTraining/ooc,Donald is doing a sterling job with the fire doors, we are all grateful. :P
Barandis/ooc,Have you any idea how much trouble your volcano is causing? ;)
Rachel, Auto Body Shop:
She follows Emilio and Kate: "I'm returning to the school to check-up on the scientists."
Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years

Post by Barandis »

tabs,My invocation of Cthugha is working mwuhahahahahaha. That will teach those EU beaurocrats to pick on Iceland
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Tariq says,
In Arabic,"Improvised EMP weapons have very limited range - I doubt it would be effective."
Aloud, he says, "Frankly, I think the person talking about aliens is not entirely sane - the others are humoring her."
OOC,How come everyone expects Tariq to be serving when he hasn't had time to walk to the bathroom and wash his hands yet? He should be walking there a few minutes behind everyone else.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,There is a sink in the kitchen too, with soap for precisely that purpose.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

-No life is cheap in moments of danger. It's when everybody is happy and safe that life is precious. Those delinquents were colaborating when they had a purpose: save the group and themselves. As soon as they thought the danger passed, they simply left. And about civilization, of course it's worth to be preserved. I don't want to be part of a world brutal, where young ones kill man to get some revenge and kidnapp women.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Looking at the blockade, Donald decides to take the outside route, so he makes sure he has his keys ready first, opens the fire door and peers out to see if there are any threats before exiting and making sure the door is shut and secured behind him.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Tariq hurries towards the kitchen.

"They are probably expecting me to serve the food.

I did see the EMP device. It is a bit of electronics rigged together in the science workshop upstairs. The dead it knocked out are supposed to stay down even if it fails. When they put it together, they also said that they sent a signal to a satellite. They thought the satellite was broadcasting a signal that made the dead walk, and that their signal shut it off. They were pretty confident it could not be turned on again. I think the person talking about aliens was misinterpreting what the scientists said about the satellite.

Apparently when the dead did walk, it wasn't some kind of biological thing, but electrical, which is why the EMP knocked them out. That explains why it could have been caused by a satellite - the satellite was broadcasting electrical signals that reactivated the dead."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the north hall, ground floor-
Declan emerged from his workshop, but there was no sign of Amelia. She was apparently not back yet. He did see Tariq walking back to the lobby. One of the other men who had been with him, Samir, followed him. He motioned for the third man, Rashad to go with them.

In the lobby-
Dr. Hausmann and Michelle headed down the east hall, back toward the cafeteria. Tariq and Samir returned to the lobby a short distance behind them, still conversing in Arabic with each other and Rashad, who was some distance behind them.
Tariq al-Tikriti and Rashad Sadiq,"I doubt we could increase the EMP device's power," said [b]Samir[/b]. "We'd have to get it to an extremely high altitude, say over 30,000 feet, to have such a widespread effect. If it truly deactivates the dead, we wouldn't want to anyway. The loss of power to the country would not be as bad as the walking dead."
Southwest of the school-
Donald exited the building and made sure that the fire exit locked behind him. The field to the west of the school was deserted. To the north he could see two more fire exits on the west wall, both of which he knew led to the auditorium. They appeared to be closed from here, but he could make certain by going up to them.

In the cafeteria-
Laura served bowls of soup to all of the new arrivals before retaking her own seat.

"I know what you mean, Michiko," said Elijah. "It's just like in Lord of the Flies. We read that in English class, remember, Diana?"

"Yeah," said Diana. "And the lesson we learned at the end is that the adults are just as bad."

"Surely cooler heads will prevail," said Ali. "It's only a small number of people causing trouble. Everyone else is pulling together. We can survive."

"So many people died to get us this far," said Stephanie. "You're right, Liz. We will rebuild the world. They didn't sacrifice their lives for nothing."

"That's the spirit," said Adam.

In the north stairwell, upper floor-
Amelia continued the rest of the way to the roof.

On the roof-
Amelia emerged from the stairwell and walked over to Dr. Saunders. "I brought you some gumbo," she said, "fresh from the kitchen."

"Thank you," said Dr. Saunders. "I saw Lisa get in that minibus that stopped on the street outside, and then it drove away. It turned left at the corner and headed north, but I've lost sight of it now."

In the auto body shop-
Emily took Tiny by the leash and went outside too. Principal Adler and Miguel followed them.

"Poor Erica," said Kelly, sobbing. "There's nothing we can do now."

Outside the auto body shop-
Kate shook her head. "By the time we get to high ground," she said, "that minibus may be out of sight. There are plenty of skyscrapers downtown, but without elevators it'll be hell climbing up to the roof, not to mention all the time it will take. Could even be dark by then. Still, it's a chance if we can't think of anything else." She nodded to Rachel when she emerged with the others. "Yes, you can't leave the scientists unprotected. We've all seen what can happen. Good luck, Rachel."
OOC,[b]Emilio[/b], roll Idea.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

OOC; Idea roll:
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Emilio Montoya,[b]Emilio[/b] suddenly realized as he saw [b]Tiny[/b] that the Rottweiler might make a pretty good bloodhound. If they could find something with [b]Lisa[/b]'s scent on it, they might be able to track her down. The fact that she was inside a vehicle would complicate matters, but they knew the general direction it had been heading, and she had to get out at some point.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”