IC-OMAHA-Another Fine Mess(Everyone else)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Re: IC-OMAHA-Another Fine Mess(Everyone else)

Post by kabukiman »

So Jerry cleans what he can.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"Rashad? Are you coming?" Tariq calls back.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Alvin says loudly, "Food!"
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
zhirinovsky
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 1 month

Post by zhirinovsky »

"Erica? Gardner? Kidnapping? Wow, if the living dead weren't bad enough! What the hell is going on around here?"
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Auto shop
In the secret room:

Picking up the ammo for the shotguns and the pistols, Emilio tells Lubacheck that there´s a car outside. "Mrs Lubacheck, let´s scramble. Someone´s out front." He starts up the ladder again. "Could be Chuck´s killers. Could be friends - don´t know." He looks down on Mrs Lubacheck. "Grab one of them M4 carbines, just press fire and godd bye to whatever you´re aiming at."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald said to Rashad, "I don't know them, but they're armed and they look like they have a score to settle." He pulled the doors shut and made sure they were latched before moving on. "Tell the others if you will, one man with a shotgun, another with a submachine gun. One looked like part of the Marley family. One of the Marleys died here tonight - for a second time. I'm going to finish my rounds and make sure our doors are secured."
Ricardo Azuul
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years

Post by Ricardo Azuul »

"You know, maybe it wasn't such a good idea to come to this school," Erin says to no one in particular.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the east stairwell, ground floor-
Donald left into the hall, leaving Rashad alone in the stairwell.
OOC,[b]Rashad[/b], if you stay here, roll Listen.
In the east hall, ground floor-
Ali, Erin, Lori, Alan, and Murray entered the cafeteria, followed by Adam Donnelly and Dr. Smith. Donald entered the hall from the stairway, while Declan continued into the lobby.

"Rashad, why do you stay there?" asked Samir. He looked at Tariq. "If Mohammed will not come to the mountain, the mountain must go to Mohammed. Let us see what is keeping our friend." He returned to the stairwell.
OOC,[b]Tariq[/b], if you enter the stairwell, roll Listen.
In the cafeteria-
"Yeah, you're right," said Diana to Michiko, lowering her head as the crowd of people from the hall filed into the cafeteria. "At least we have proof that the aliens exist now. We have to keep our eyes open. Anyone could be an alien in disguise!"

Elijah turned to see who had come in. "Hey, Ali!" he said. "Come sit with us!"

"Come on in and take some seats," called Vice Principal Sharon Kaplan. "Adam, you go sit at the scientists' table at the back. Ali, you join the other students. Everyone else, have a seat at the table nearest the door with Lucy and John Lee. Amelia has gone to take soup to everyone who isn't in the cafeteria. I'm sure there's more in the kitchen. Ali, is your father with you? It's usually his job to serve everyone."

"He's right out in the hall," said Ali, taking his seat with the other students.

"Terrible things have happened," said Lucy to John Lee as Dr. Smith and Lori sat with them. "This is Dr. Bernard Smith. The two of us were at the airfield, and we were lucky to escape with our lives. Gardner had murdered some people and taken our pilot Erica Spears and Kathryn McCoy, the air traffic ontroller, hostage. He killed our co-pilot, the only other one who could have gotten us out of there. We thought he was going to take the chopper and leave us stranded for certain, but Erica made a break for it when he shot the co-pilot, and we took off before he could stop us. She knew he wouldn't shoot her, since he needed her to fly our bird. If it weren't for her bravery, we'd have been stuck there. The dead have been the least of our worries today, even here. One kid brought guns to school and was arrested, and the cops arrested this guy who owns the auto body shop across the street for murder. Just recently some kids busted into the security office and killed him, and they tried to kill the kid in the other cell. They kidnapped Erica when she tried to stop them, and then they stole the only car around that still works after the electromagnetic pulse."

"Oh, Liz," said Stephanie, "it was so terrible. Gardner would have taken me, but Erica stepped in and took my place. He...he was going to...Kathryn saved her, but it cost her her freedom. That madman had his hands on me." She shivered. "He killed three Nebraska State cops in cold blood with a grenade, including Bo Richards, who helped us get off the ground back at the truck stop." She closed her eyelids to keep the tears back. "Liz...I loved Bo..."

Liz put her arms around her friend and gave her a hug. "I know you're hurting, Stephanie," she said, "but you will be happy again, and you will love again."

In the security office-
"I'll leave you to it," said Amelia. She carried her tray back to the lobby.

In the lobby-
Amelia emerged from the security office as Declan entered from the east hall. "Hello," she said.

On the roof-
Dr. Saunders watched the two men from her high vantage point.

In the secret room-
"What kind of car?" called Emily as she gathered up an M4 and some magazines for it. "What did it look like?" Emilio climbed back up the ladder with the shells and a bunch of the pistol magazines.

In the auto body shop-
Rachel moved away from the window to take hold of Lisa's arm, and the girl stopped moving.

"I don't think that's such a good idea, Rachel," said Kate. "Creating a hostage situation could easily result in a shootout, and people could be hurt or killed. It's unlikely they have Erica with them, and they'll probably deny having her - if they even do. What would we do then?"

Lisa looked back and forth between Kate and Rachel. "What do you want me to do?" she asked. "I and I just want to go home."

Emilio came back up through the trapdoor with his load of shells and magazines.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Alvin said to Vice Principal Kaplin, "What cause I am grunt I am not good enough to eat except in the corner?"
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Rashad casts one last look back at the door, and than hurries back into the hallway, heading for the cafeteria.
Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 1 month

Post by Barandis »

Declan nods towards Amelia "I don't trust this EMP thingy. I'm away to the workshop to pick myself up some artillery." he says "You should get kitted up too. This isn't over." Declan continues towards the workshop.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Tariq heads back to the hallway to see why Rashad is waiting.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

In the auto shop

Emilio lays down his load and brings his shotgun to the ready and moves up to the front door. "What do we know?"
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tabs »

Rachel, Auto body shop:
"Kate, you're right. Lisa, go, now - it looks like your family are searching for you."
Emilio: "What do we know?"
"Easy with the shotgun, fella!"

"Those 'armed' men are heading for the school. We should stop them if Lisa isn't what they are after. Kate, what do you say?"
Ricardo Azuul
Layman
Layman

Post by Ricardo Azuul »

Erin goes to sit with Lucy and John Lee, appalled to hear Lucy describe the horrific going-ons of the day.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Michiko
-I seriously doubt that. They didn't bothered to attack us, they simply used our own dead. They are waiting that our civilizations be destroyed and only after that, they will appear, so pick the remains. Imagine, it's like if you are putting some trap to get a mouse or insects. You don't stay there, you go to your normal life and after some time you go inspect the trap.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the east hall, ground floor-
Tariq, Rashad, and Samir all gathered in the hall outside the cafeteria. "Ah, there you are, Rashad," said Samir. "Tariq, do you know where the bathroom is?"

In the cafeteria-
"Well, I guess so," said Diana. "Only I hope they don't come back to check. That message we sent in their language told them that the job was done and they could leave, so hopefully they'll be gone for good. But if they didn't come to conquer or plunder the planet, why did they come? Were they acting on behalf of some other bunch of aliens? Or did they just think we're a potential threat to them and decided to exterminate us?"

"Alvin, we're not putting you in the corner," said Sharon Kaplan. "Those tables stretch along the whole row, and you're closest to the doors so you can sit down right away and take a load off. All visitors to the school, except for the scientists, are being seated in that row."

"Hi," said Lucy to the new arrivals. "I'm Lucy Armstrong, mechanic at large." She smiled at Erin. "And you are?"

Adam Donnelly hurried over to the table at the back of the cafeteria and sat across from Stephanie. He reached across the table and gently took her hands. "I'm so sorry, Steph," he said.

Stephanie blinked away her tears and raised her head, looking into his eyes. "Thanks, Adam," she said, sniffling.

"I'm here for you. If there's anything you need, anything at all..."

Stephanie squeezed his hands and nestled up against Liz. "Poor Kathryn. Gardner got away with her, and there was nothing we could do for her. Two of his men went after him to try to rescue her, but I don't know if they had any luck. We just had to get out of there, as much as I hated to leave her behind. We owe so much to Erica."

"You did what you had to do, Stephanie," said Liz. "If you hadn't gotten here, you wouldn't have been able to save the world."

"It doesn't seem very saved to me," said Ed Singh.

"This is her moment. Don't spoil it."

In the security office-
"Another minute," said Dr. Hausmann as she and Michelle finished up.

In the lobby-
Amelia walked with Declan down the north hall. Donald entered the lobby from the east hall.

In the north hall, ground floor-
Amelia and Declan reached the door to his shop. It was completely dark within, as there were no windows in the workshop. What meager light was in the hallway could filter in the open door. Luckily, he knew his way around that room even in the dark.

"The EMP seemed to work just fine," said Amelia, "but those walking corpses are the least of our worries. It's people like those crazy punk kids that are the real problem now. All I have is my meat cleaver. You don't happen to have an axe lying around, do you? Or better yet, a long gun?"
OOC,[b]Declan[/b] doesn't have an axe, but he knows that [b]Donald Woodridge[/b] had a couple.
On the roof-
Dr. Saunders continued to watch.

In the secret room-
Emily followed Emilio back up the ladder.

In the auto body shop-
Kate took a couple of boxes of shotgun shells and tore one open. "Before you go, Lisa," she said as she started loading shells, "please tell us where the warehouse is. Otherwise, we'll never find it." But Lisa was already out the door.

The principal took four magazines and loaded one into his pistol.

"Well, who's out there?" asked Emily.

"Some guys in a green Volkswagen minibus," said Kate.

Emily gasped. "No! They've come for me!"

"Who's come for you?"

"Who do you think?! The Jamaicans!"

"Father!" shouted Lisa outside as her footsteps ran quickly away.

"My little Lisa!" cried a man with a Jamaican accent.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Stay back Emily." Emilio takes a step away from the door and levels the shotgun at the opening. "If they come in here, we´ll gun them down. No one is coming for you mam."
TVblog

Ricardo Azuul
Layman
Layman

Post by Ricardo Azuul »

Lucy's smile warmed Erin a little.

"I'm Erin Halloran, Ali's mother, Tariq's wife, and also a civil rights attorney. Nice to meet you, despite the circumstances."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Michiko:
-Who knows? I hope that they think we are done and they don't bothered to appear. I mean, the world is usually a mess, now it's even worst, with all the criminals or those who are potencial criminals like the students who commited the crimes being free to do what they want without any police.

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”