IC-OMAHA-Wild in the Streets(Erica/Darnell/Keith/Doug/etc)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Wild in the Streets(Erica/Darnell/Keith/Doug/etc)

Post by Tabs »

Keith:
"Heather, Doug you're right, no stopping - 'School's out for ever'," he chuckles.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the street-
"For sure!" cheered Heather. She drove through the streets of Omaha following Doug's directions. The area was deserted, but she had to steer around a number of wrecked cars - or sometimes take a detour when they were blocking the road. They soon reached a commercial district with plenty of warehouses.

"That one," said Doug, pointing out one warehouse in particular.
Heather pulled up outside one of the bay doors and parked the car in front of it. She shut down the engine and made sure to take the keys.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Darnell said, "Maybe we should park the car inside in case cops or someone comes looking for us or the car."
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Keith:
"Darnell, yeah, I reckon you're right - although, there aren't too many cops about."

"So what's the set-up inside like? I can imagine a new and profitable career for me in pushing drugs to the needy - and there sure ought to be a lot of them!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside the warehouse-
"Good thinking, mon," said Doug, getting out of the car. "With the power out, the only way to open the big doors is manually, from the inside. I've got the warehouse keys, and we can go in through that smaller door on the right." He took out a ring of keys and headed for the entrance, a normal-sized door with a small square window. "We've got plenty of drugs stored here. Most of them we don't make ourselves, so it'll be hard to get new supply, but we do have hydroponics in the basement where we grow our ganja. Once you try that, you'll never go back to plain old weed."

"Okay," said Heather. "I'll, like, wait in the car until you open the doors."

Roy got out of the car and joined Doug at the door, rubbing his sore ribs. "You guys comin'?" he asked.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Darnell said, "I will stay and protect Heather. I can drive the car in once you get the doors open."
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Keith:
"Yeah, I'm comin'.
"Hey Doug, I need a relaxing smoke."
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Once they were alone Darnell said to Heather, "Were you friends with my ex? Did she really stab me in the back and fuck that Kyle being the mother of his child?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside the warehouse-
Doug unlocked the small door and went inside with Roy and Keith.

"I can totally drive just fine," said Heather to Darnell, still sitting behind the wheel. "We don't need to play Chinese fire drill. I wasn't, like, LaTanya's friend and stuff, but I did hear gossip. She and Kyle were screwing back when they were still a couple, but then she broke up with him and hooked up with you. I didn't hear anything about her and Kyle getting together after that."

In the entry hall-
Doug led the way into the warehouse, down a long hall with more doors on the left and right and one at the far end. "Dad!" called Doug. "Yo, Dad! You here?"

"Doug?" came an older man's voice with a Jamaican accent from somewhere to the left. "Thank Ras Tafari it's you! We were just about to come looking for you. Is your sister with you?"

"No, she's still at school. I'll explain everything in a minute. We've got a hot car outside we need to bring in. I've also got Keith Stewart with me, but he's with us now. Chuck Lubachek is dead, mon!" He opened the first door on the left and walked through, motioning for Roy and Keith to follow.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Darnell sighed and said, "Well she told me and everyone else that Kyle was the daddy of her new baby. That is why I could not kill him. If my ex is having a baby and its his he needs a daddy. if its mine, well I made my choice and if I go back they are just going to hang me anyway. So nothing behind me now. Only ahead."
Handy,Is Heather dating anyone?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Darnell Jones,You don't know. You could always ask her. Considering how popular she is, it's highly likely that she's seeing someone. You can roll Psychology, but the base skill is only 5%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Keith:
"Sir, I wanna work for you, be one of your gang. I've a track record in peddling drugs and extorting cash at my school - I'll make you a nice profit."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the entry hall-
"We're on the main floor," replied Doug's father.

Doug opened the first door on the left and waved for Keith and Roy to follow him. They all went through.

On the main floor-
Doug, Roy, and Keith entered a vast warehouse floor. In the center of it was a green Volkswagen minibus. Its doors were open, and five men with dreadlocks were gathered around it, checking their guns. One of them, a man in his mid-thirties with a MAC-11 submachine gun in his hand and a Desert Eagle and a large knife on his belt stepped forward and embraced Doug. "It's good to see you safe, son," he said. "You'll have to tell me what happened. Lou, Malcolm, open the bay door." Two men, one of them huge and toting a shotgun, the other of average height with a rifle on his back, went over to the door that Doug indicated and began to raise it manually.

"I know you told me to keep a low profile, Dad," said Doug, "but it couldn't be helped. I found out that Chuck Lubachek had murdered Uncle Jacob. The police went to arrest him, and I went with, but I was so angry and I was worried that they wouldn't be able to hold him. I drew my piece, but this security lady Rachel Cohen knocked me out and they took my gun. I woke up in the security office where they had Chuck locked up. That's when these guys burst in. They wanted to kill Kyle Rogers, who brought guns and bombs to school and was going to kill people. You should have seen it. I snatched the keys to the cells from that dumb school security guard Jerry Law and opened Chuck's cell. Then Roy here knocked him into next week with his baseball bat!"

"Yeah," said Roy. "Then Darnell and I went to kill that punk Kyle's ass, but Darnell wussed out at the last minute and saved his life."

Outside the warehouse-
As Darnell and Heather waited, they saw the bay door in front of them begin to slowly rise. They saw the two men lifting it and the others on the main floor of the warehouse. When the door was open high enough, Heather pulled forward into the warehouse.

On the main floor-
Heather drove the Mustang inside and parked in a large open space, near the VW minibus.

"Anyway," continued Doug, "the cops showed up and broke down the door, but Darnell and Heather over there clobbered this lady cop Erica, and Roy grabbed her and took her hostage. We ran into Keith on the way out, and Heather suggested that he come with us."

Doug's father smiled. "You showed real initiative, my son," he said. "I'm so proud of you. Malcolm can lend you his pistol until we can get you a new one." He extended his hand to Keith. "I'm Damon Marley. Welcome to the posse, mon. The stuff we sell is much better than that pathetic weed your old boss had. Ernie, give him a free sample."

A thin man stepped forward and took a fat joint out of his pocket, offering it to Keith. "Here's our best ganja, mon," he said. "It's strong stuff."

"Wesley's our sawbones," said Damon to Roy. "He'll get you and Doug back into shape. I am in your debt for taking out that bastard Lubachek."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Darnell got out and said, "Sir I am in your debt for hiding us. But i am afraid that the bastards may come here if they followed us. We need to stand guard and since i have nothing else going for me now can I join your crew as well? i am a good runner and have a very good throwing arm so I can throw motov cocktails or whatnot."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"The more the merrier," said Damon with a grin. "You and Heather helped Roy, so you'd be welcome to join too. We need to go get Lisa, so we can't just hole up here. How would anyone find us, anyway? Were you followed?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Keith:
"Mr Marley, I'm pleased to be here."

He lights up. Huskily: "F_ckin' A1."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the main floor-
Damon chuckled heartily as Keith took a puff. The ganja was indeed powerful, its scent invigorating him as the smoke wafted up his nostrils and into his lungs.

Wesley opened up a first aid kit and put some ice on Doug's forehead. Doug felt better, but not completely. "You and Roy are going to need a lot more treatment," Wesley said.

"This Rachel, she beat you?" asked Damon.

"She only hit me in the head," said Doug. "It was Jerry Law who damn near broke my arm."

"Where did you get that M-16?" asked Malcolm, admiring it.

"I took that off Erica," said Roy. "Oh, that reminds me. We don't just have a hot car - we have a hot girl too. Heather, pop the trunk."

Heather nodded and unlocked the trunk. She opened it to reveal Erica lying scrunched up inside, her scalp a bloody mess. She was still unconscious but breathing. "Like, you should have seen it," said Heather. "She went after Darnell, and he totally cracked her in the head with his bat. Then I socked her one. Bam! Bitch goes down!"

"We can lock her up in one of the empty storage rooms," suggested Lou.

"I'll have a look at her later," said Wesley. "Doug and Roy come first."

Malcolm unholstered a Glock and handed it to Doug butt first, along with some extra magazines. "Here you go, mon," he said. "You can give it back when you get one of your own. You should let one of your friends use the M-16 for now."

Doug handed the rifle back to Heather. "Thanks," she said. "I can totally use a pistol better, but this is pretty cool."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Keith:
He grins at the goings on around him: "All this is so cool."
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Darnell said, "Actually Heather counts as a hot girl as well so that is two hot girls we have. Anyway, if you want to go back to the school we can and I will join you but they may be waiting for us there to kill us all. But I am a lowly soldier and will do what you say sir. Do you have any food however, I am starving."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the main floor-
"Yeah," said Heather in response to Keith. "This is totally awesome!"

"We've got some food here," said Damon, "but we have to get my daughter back before we worry about eating. Once she's safe, then we can relax. Doug and Roy should stay here with Wesley so they can get patched up, and they can guard the warehouse and the prisoner while they're here. I will need the rest of you to come with us just in case things go wrong, but I hope you won't need to do anything or even be seen. They have no right to hold Lisa. If they try, we're taking her back, one way or another."

He led the group over to the VW minibus, a rusty relic of the 1970s, and opened the side door. "Here's the plan. Darnell, Keith, and Heather, you'll ride in the back of the bus. The windows are tinted, so you won't be seen. Ernie is driving, of course, and Lou rides shotgun. I'll ride up front with them, and Malcolm will ride in the middle. We drive to the school, and I demand my children back. We act like we don't know that Doug has left. When they tell us he's gone, I insist that they let Lisa come with us. Everyone, get aboard." The Jamaicans got into the van, except for Wesley and Doug, and Heather got into the back seat and slid over.

"Like, come on, guys," she said.

While they were discussing this, Wesley and Roy lifted Erica out of the trunk and walked to the back of the main floor. Wesley led the way to a line of storage compartments, all of which had padlocked metal doors. Wesley took out a ring of keys and unlocked one of the compartments. He opened the door to reveal the empty storage space, some five feet across and ten feet deep. They placed Erica on the floor, then closed and locked the door.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”