IC-GOLD-Triage(Everyone)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-GOLD-Triage(Everyone)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day - 3:13 PM Mountain Time - Warren Air Force Base, west of Cheyenne, Wyoming
Outside the clinic-
The Stryker pulled into the parking lot from the north, turning around and rolling to a stop not far from the entrance, behind and to the left of the other, damaged Stryker. The rear panel opened and nine figures in orange Racal suits emerged. Another climbed out of the front crew compartment, on the passenger side. Some of them were armed with M-16A2 assault rifles, including Airman First Class Sebastian Harper, but a few were not. The man who was first out of the Stryker had an unusual sniper rifle that did not even look American. The man who followed him toted an MP-5 submachine gun, and the woman beside him had an M4 carbine. The woman who emerged last from the belly of the vehicle was armed only with a pistol. All of them had their weapons drawn, though they held them pointed toward the ground.

"I'm Captain Claire Kelleher," said the woman with the pistol. "I'm a medical doctor and the one in charge of these reinforcements." She indicated the man with the sniper rifle. "This is Regimental Sergeant Major Raymond Crew, attached to the USAF from the RAF. He's my chief NCO." She pointed out the man and the woman right behind him. "These are Senior Airman Sam Wright and Technical Sergeant Jessica Valdez, and they're in charge of the fire teams. Let's get everyone moved inside. The civilians shouldn't even be out here." She looked up to the roof, where other civilians waited, along with two snipers in orange suits, then walked up to the orange-suited man with the leg wound. "Captain Nils Johansen, I presume? What can you tell me about what happened here?"'

Colin Lewis, the big man who was struggling against the nurses and orderlies in orange suits, was solidly gripped by Airmen Catherine Rourke and Gary Simpson, and he was unable to resist any further for now. Lt. Oscar Gomez stepped back from them, a syringe in his hand.
Colin Lewis,You have been rendered immobile, and you may no longer attack as long as both of the people grabbing you hold onto you. In addition, you have been injected with a strong sedative. You'll need to make a Resistance Table roll in order to overcome its effects: your CON of 16 against its POT of 17. This gives you a 45% chance of not being knocked out. Even if you fail, unconsciousness won't happen immediately, and you may act this round. You cannot attack or flee, but you can still speak. Feel free to scream your head off and stuff.
On the roof-
The snipers on the roof began to relax when they saw the reinforcements arrive and the orderlies restraining Colin Lewis. So did the civilians up there with them, who had been afraid they would open fire.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Re: IC-GOLD-Triage(Everyone)

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Colin felt the needle sink into his skin but he had been through lots more in war then a little needle and refused to give in. He screamed, "Let me go! I was a soldier in Iraq, I have fought many battles, I can fight this one, I will kill my share of the undead, I am a good soldier, I won many awards in Iraq and killed many members of AlQada. LET ME GO YOU ASSHOLES! OR SIMPLY KILL ME NOW!"
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen holsters his pistol. You would be correct, Captain Kelleher. A short time ago a Stryker arrived to our position, clearly out of control and crashed into the outer wall. We sequestered the civilians on the roof for protection and myself and several of my soldiers came out to investigate. The crew were KIA and reanimated, and attacked us as we opened it. Nobody was injured and all of the infected were eliminated, but one of the civilians sneaked away and was shot when he was mistaken for an infected. He seems to be alright. He gestures to Colin. Mr. Lewis here grabbed a weapon and tried to break quarantine, and we restrained him. He's been sedated, he shouldn't be anymore trouble.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Post by ryansommer »

Frank Hodges approached the woman: "Pvt. Frank Hodges, ma'am. I've been neck deep in this shit along side the civillians since hour one. My team was dispatched to an old roadside motel the protect a comm unit. Me and the men in my group fought and died along side the civilians. Many of them watched their entire families die today at the hands of zombies, infected animals and collosal worms that eneded up destroying the motel." Motioning to Colin Lewis: "As you can see, the civilians want to help us fight the threat. They don't like being without their weapons as they've seen first hand how quickly things can go to hell. They also are a little weary of being under military guard after what happened at the motel. We and tried to protect them but there was nothing we could do. The worm and the endless waves of zombies broke down all of our defenses. All we had was each other out there and I'd put my life in the hands of any of the civilians here, as I have already done several times today. I understand that we need to quarentine folks and make sure they are not infected, which is fine, but once they are cleared, I would like to suggest that we integrate them into the larger team here. Let them be active aprticipants in their own suvival and ours, please. Everyone is feeling like we've lost control of the whole natrual order of the world...of our lives. Let me be in control of their own survival. It is the only thing any of us have left."
Voodoo
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 14 years 8 months

Post by Voodoo »

Sebastian moves up to take position with the rest of his fireteam.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside the clinic-
"Reanimated?!" said Captain Kelleher, shaking her head. "No, what must have happened was that someone in the Stryker was infected and spread that infection to the others. What you're talking about is medically impossible. We'll have to tow that damaged Stryker back to the motor pool for repairs. Crew, hitch it to the back of our Stryker."

"Roger that, ma'am," said Crew, heading over to comply with her order. Senior Airman Roger Coltrane drove the damaged Stryker into position and then got out of the vehicle.

While they did this, Captain Kelleher continued speaking. "Airman Hodges, while I appreciate that you've been through hell, we have our procedures in place for a reason. I have my orders and I can't go against them any more than Captain Johansen can. Once everyone has been screened for infection and for psychological fitness for duty, rest assured that they will be assigned duties. You're all going to have to be patient here, but the sooner all of you get back inside where you belong, the faster this can go."

"Psychological fitness for duty, ma'am?" asked Lt. Gomez.

"Several of the people here are showing signs of mental instability. I'm not sure if it's a side effect of infection or simply due to the stress of the day, but it's cause for concern. All of this talk of the dead rising - and now giant worms - for instance. I am concerned about the possibility of the infection spreading to animals, but I'd like some confirmation on that. I realize that you truly believe you have seen these things, but perhaps your senses are not to be trusted." She glanced at Colin Lewis. "This man appears to be the most extreme example of what I'm talking about."

"He did seize a weapon, ma'am," said Lt. Ellison. "Twice, in fact. He was eventually convinced to surrender them, but he has threatened Captain Johansen and others."

Catherine Rourke nodded as she and Gary Simpson wrestled Colin onto the gurney as he tried to resist the effects of the sedative flowing through his bloodstream. "He tried to kick me, ma'am," she said.

"He sure is taking a while to go down," added Simpson, helping her strap him down.

"Sometimes it can take a little while for it to kick in," said Lt. Evans, "especially for a big, tough guy."
Colin Lewis,Roll Idea.
Frank Hodges,[b]Frank[/b] could feel himself getting more and more feverish. Now that the heat of battle had passed, he finally noticed how weak he felt. [b]Frank[/b], roll CON x 5. You will not go unconscious from failing this roll (unless it's a critical failure), but your symptoms will start to be visible to others.
On the roof-
Those on the roof continued to watch the scene unfolding below.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

As Colin struggled on the gurney he had an idea.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Colin Lewis,[b]Colin[/b] realized that if he continued to struggle, they would figure out that the sedative wasn't going to knock him out and might give him another dose. If he pretended to pass out, he might have an opportunity to escape later when they weren't paying attention.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Colin went stiff as a board and closed his eyes letting drool drip from his mouth.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

Melinda sarts talking to Colin
-Colin, stop fighting. In a couple of hours the zombies will appear again. The militaries will be busy fighting and when most of them will be dead or in panic, we will escape at that moment. Let them talk whateaver they want about rationality. They will be screaming like babies like the others and we will have our chance.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

" I'm starting to get really fucking tired of all of you being such dip shits. The only reason you may think I am 'psycologically stressed' is because I've been fighting for my life all day long and at every turn you pencil pushing assholes refuse to pull your heads out of your asses and grasp the situation." Frank continues to talk as he begins to take off his helmet and his vest. Unshouldering his riffle,the rifles he picked up and his pack, he throws them on the ground in front of him. "The inability of all of you to listen to those of us who have are the most experienced with the rapidly degenerating situation around us is the greatest threat to everyone." Frank draws his service pistol and starts to walk towards the infirmary. "Follow me to a holding cell and I'll open all of your eyes."
Frank stagers a bit as he walks, but stays strong and moves towards the holding cells.
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Sebastian stands by calmly observing everything. He is ready to move at a moments notice. He had no clue what was going to happen but he couldn't shake the feeling it would be really bad.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside the clinic-
It took Frank Hodges a minute to strip off his protective vest and discard all of the rifles, so he didn't have a chance to go inside just yet. "Frank, if you're going to do what I think you're going to do," said Senior Airman Roger Coltrane while he did this, reading his friend like an open book, "don't do it."

Captain Kelleher scratched her head. "A holding cell?" she said. "What are you talking about, Airman?"

"We don't have holding cells," said Lt. Gomez. "This is a hospital, not a brig. The closest thing we have is a couple of padded cells. That's where we're going to take this gentleman." He patted Colin on the shoulder. He too didn't understand what Frank meant to do. He nodded to Catherine Rourke and Gary Simpson, and they followed him inside, pushing the gurney.

Lt. Evans frowned. "Airman, if you're planning to kill yourself to demonstrate to the new arrivals what we already know is true, I can't let you do that. It would be a terrible waste, and dangerous for the rest of us besides. We still need you. We'll find another way to convince them."

"Or they'll learn the hard way," said Lt. Ellison. "Like we did."

"Nobody else is going to die," said Captain Kelleher. "We're not all going inside anyway. Sergeant Valdez and I are the only ones who will actually be stationed within the clinic. Sergeant Major Crew and the two fire teams will secure the perimeter and make sure nobody infected gets in - or out."

"Yes, ma'am," said Sergeant Major Crew. "I'll set up my command post on the roof. Anyone else with sharpshooting skills would be useful there. I know what Sergeant Valdez and Senior Airman Wright can do, but I didn't have a chance to meet the members of the teams you've chosen or review their files. Let's start with Alpha Team. Each of you tell me in turn who you are and what you can do." He approached Harper first.

Claire Kelleher waved at the driver of the Stryker she had arrived in. The Stryker pulled out and turned around to the north, towing the damaged Stryker behind it. "Lt. Colonel Carmichael, we've arrived at the clinic and the situation appears to be under control for now," she reported into her radio.

"That's good to hear, Captain," replied Carmichael.

"There have been some breaches of quarantine, but nobody has gone beyond the clinic's parking lot. We're getting everyone back inside now."

"Let me know when that's done. I'll address everyone on the radio once you're all inside and the building is secure."

In the intake area-
Lt. Rebecca Doolittle looked up as Lt. Gomez entered, followed by Catherine and Gary wheeling in Colin, who was strapped to the gurney. "What happened out there?" she asked.

"A lot of scared people acting scared, that's all," said Gomez. "Our reinforcements are here. This guy got a little violent and had to be sedated. He should stay under for at least an hour or so."

On the roof-
The snipers relaxed a little now that things seemed to be settling down.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

"I'm Airman Sebastian Harper, Sergeant Major. I'm the unit Demo expert, If it goes boom then I can cook it, build it , use it or defuse it. I'm also a pretty good shot with a rifle too." Sebastian gives Crew a slightly cocky but friendly smile. Secretly he's waiting to see how he'll react to all the tattoos that Harper doesn't bother to cover up.
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen breathed a sigh of relief and began to walk back towards the clinic.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Off to the padded cells, then." Hodges said. As he walked, he unwrapped the bandage off of hit arm. He kept walking but turned back towards the others as he did so, showing them his unbandaged wound: "I've been bitten. I'm already dead. I don't have much time."
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Colin pretended to be out letting drool fall out of his mouth and his hand drag toward the floor.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside the clinic-
Captain Kelleher, Lt. Evans, Lt. Ellison, and Senior Airman Coltrane entered the clinic.

Amanda put an arm around Keith and started guiding him towards the door. "Come on, Melinda," she said. "Help me get my son inside."

Sergeant Major Crew nodded at Harper, a big grin on his face. If he had any reaction to the tattoos, Harper couldn't see it. "Good. I specifically asked for a demo expert, and one that can shoot well is a bonus. You'll be up on the roof with me, then. Right, who's next?" He approached a woman in an orange suit standing next to Harper. "Your turn, Airman."

"Phyllis Darrow, Sergeant Major," she said matter-of-factly. "I'm just a grunt."

"Nobody's just a grunt."

"She's a rifleman in my fire team, Sergeant Major," said Sam Wright. "She's had some combat training."

"I see." He turned to the third member of Wright's team. "And you are?"

"AIrman Basic Ken Raffin, Sergeant Major," he said. "I've had basic training, but that's about it so far. I only just joined up."

"Right, you and Darrow will join Senior Airman Wright in guarding the main entrance. Hopefully you lot will do a better job than the last bunch. Let's see what Bravo Team has to offer." He walked over to Technical Sergeant Valdez and her people, approaching Airman Marcus Winters first. "Okay, Airman, sell yourself."

On the roof-
"You guys can head on downstairs now, I guess," said AIrman Wesson. "Looks like it's over - at least for now."

"Okay," said Zorie Spooner. "Let's go back inside." She led David, Lisa, Robert, and Beth into the stairwell.

In the intake area-
Captain Kelleher froze in her tracks when Frank Hodges announced he'd been bitten. Airman Rourke turned and covered him with her rifle, but she held her fire.

"You've been bitten?!" said Captain Kelleher. "When did this happen? In the battle just before I got here? Let me look at the wound."

"Don't throw your life away," said Roger Coltrane. "There's still a chance the medical staff can find something to help you. Zorie Spooner is a smart cookie, and the rest of these folks are no slouches either. At the very least, they can learn something from studying the course of the infection that could help the next person."
OOC,Everyone currently in the intake area or who enters it this turn, roll Listen. The base skill is 25%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Handy,Since Colin is supposed to be out (even though he is faking) do I need to roll listen as well?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Colin Lewis,Yes, you should still roll. Nobody has to notice that you've heard something if you succeed, but it will give you more information.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”