IC-GOLD-Triage(Everyone)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Re: IC-GOLD-Triage(Everyone)

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

As Colin lay there with his eyes closed and drool dripping down his face, he tried to listen to see if he heard anything just in case something were to threaten his life he was going to wake up and get the hell out of there, guns be dammed. He thought he heard something.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Post by ryansommer »

Frank's heart pounded as his body tried unsuccessfully to fight the infection. Vessels pulsed in his head and ears, making it impossible to hear anything.

"There is going to be no time to study me. It's taking me over. You need to get me to s secure room now, or just down mere outside. I'm not about to endanger any of you here, so lets get a move on."
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Franks heart pounded in his chest as his bosy fought unsuccessfully against the infection ravaging his body. Blood pulsed through his head and past his ears, making it impossible to hear anything.

He stopped briefly: "We do not have time to chit chat about this. Get me to a secure room and we can talk all you want. Either that, or put me down now. I WILL not allow myself to turn and endanger any of you."
Voodoo
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Post by Voodoo »

Sebastian stood waiting for the order to head up to the roof. He figured he was probably going to be used as a glorified errand boy from now on.
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by kouchpotato »

As he moved into the foyer Captain Johansen heard something.
Kamikaze14
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 3 months

Post by Kamikaze14 »

"Airman Marcus Winters, Sargent Major. I'm a medic. I've had quite a bit of firearms training but little combat experience."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside the clinic-
"Good, we could use a medic," said Crew. "You'll be stationed inside the clinic with Sergeant Valdez and Captain Kelleher, but you'll be ready to respond anywhere if you're needed."

"He's one of the best, Sergeant Major," said Jessica Valdez.

"I don't doubt it. You two head on inside and get started." Crew turned to Airman Basic Buck Feaster next. "Aren't you a little too old to be an Airman Basic? What's your story?"

"Come on, Airman Winters," Sergeant Valdez told Marcus. "Let's go assist the doctors." She led the way into the intake area. Amanda, Melinda, and Keith followed.
OOC,[b]Marcus[/b], assuming you obey orders and go inside, you should roll Listen. You need to get less than or equal to your skill level, which in this case is 50, on 1d100. You should roll on Invisible Castle as explained in the Rules and Guidelines thread.
In the intake area-
"Oh, we'll get you to a secure room, all right, Airman," said Captain Claire Kelleher. "But don't even think about trying to off yourself. If you punch out early, you'd better hope you don't reanimate. Otherwise I'm gong to court-martial your ass. Got it?" She said this a smile, so that he would know she was half-joking. She led the Frank Hodges into the operating theater beyond the double doors at the back of the intake area. Airman Rourke followed, covering him with her rifle, while Airman Simpson and Lt. Gomez pushed the cart where Colin was strapped down after them. "Everyone else, stay put. We'll start the screening when we get back."

Jessica Valdez entered the intake area from the vestibule, carefully stepping around the bodies.
Captain Nils Johansen,[b]Captain Johansen[/b] heard a single pair of footsteps in the distance. They were coming slowly from the south and heading towards the women's isolation ward (which was just south of the operating theater) from the direction of the stairwell.
In the operating theater-
Gomez and Simpson wheeled Colin's gurney in following Captain Kelleher, Frank Hodges, and Catherine Rourke. While Frank was feeling tired and feverish, he still had the strength to go on. He had been bitten about an hour ago, and from what he had been told, he knew he still had time and was not about to turn.

"Which way to the padded cells?" asked Claire Kelleher.

"Turn left here, ma'am," said Oscar Gomez. "They're past the men's iso ward and then to the right. I've got the keys."

She paused and lowered her voice. "Did you hear that? Sounds like someone's coming from over that way." She pointed to the right, in the direction of the women's isolation ward.
Colin Lewis,[b]Colin[/b] heard a single pair of footsteps in the distance. They were coming slowly from the south and heading towards the women's isolation ward (which was just south of the operating theater) from the direction of the stairwell. If you ever want to try to break out of your straps, it will take a STR x 1 roll. However, anyone who is there will see you doing it and will know that you're still awake.
On the stairs-
Zorie didn't hear anything as she led the way down the stairs. Neither did Lisa or David. Beth, whose hearing was normally sharp, was not paying any attention. Only Robert made out any sounds below. "Someone's down there," he whispered. "Whoever it is just left the stairwell ahead of us, on the ground floor."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

-They will all be dead, dead, dead- sings Melinda.
Kamikaze14
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 3 months

Post by Kamikaze14 »

Winters is completely oblivious to any unusual sounds.

Winters listens to his surroundings.
Spoiler:
Wrong format the first time
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

" With all do respect, Captain," Frank said as he walked, "I'll off myself if I please. I'm done fighting, to be honest. I'm done being ignored and am done having all that I have fought for over the last day be reduced to shit."
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Sebastian stood off to the side listening to all the different conversations going on around him.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside the clinic-
"I got busted down, Sergeant Major," said Buck. "Got in a fight."

"Got any redeeming qualities?"

"I am a good fighter, and a very good shot with a rifle."

"Right, you'll be on roof duty, then." He looked at the last SF. "And you are?"

"Airman Pete Kowalski, Sergeant Major," he said. "I'm an expert marksman. Probably not as good as you, but still pretty good."

"Excellent. We can always use more sharpshooters. You'll be up on the roof too. Harper, Feaster, and Kowalski, you're all with me. Let's go." He led the way around the southwest corner of the building to the south side, where the fire escape was located.

In the intake area-
Winters entered the vestibule and the intake area, which looked like a disaster area. Bodies still lay bleeding on the floor, gurneys were strewn about haphazardly, and shell casings littered the floor. It was obvious there had been a recent battle here, but victory had clearly come at a cost.

Amanda hugged Melinda. "Don't even joke about that," she said. "We're going to live, all of us."
Airman Marcus Winters,[b]Marcus[/b] could hear [b]Captain Kelleher[/b] and the others conversing in the operating theater, through the double doors at the back. He listened to their footsteps walking away to the left, but he also heard a single pair of footsteps enter the operating theater from the right shortly afterwards.
Captain Kelleher led the others through the double doors to the men's isolation ward. SImpson and Gomez wheeled the gurney bearing Colin around the corner to the left and followed her, along with Frank Hodges and Airman Rourke.

In the men's isolation ward-
More carnage awaited Captain Kelleher and the others as they entered. Plenty of blood was pooled on the floor, but there were no bodies present.

"Which way now?" asked Claire Kelleher.

"Through the doors at the end and turn right," said Lt. Gomez. "The padded cells are just down that hall."

"Airman Hodges, please reconsider," said the captain. "We still need you."
Colin Lewis,[b]Colin[/b] could still hear the footsteps gently padding along from somewhere behind him. They had entered the operating theater shortly after they left.
On the stairs-
"We'll keep going," whispered Zorie, "but be careful and quiet." She led her group to the ground floor landing, where the stairs continued to the basement and a door led to the women's isolation ward, which was deserted.

"Whoever it was left through there," said Robert, pointing at the door.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Keith put his arm around Melinda: "Sorry about the scare, sweetie. I was just trying to get down here and help. Let's head back upstairs where it is safe."

In the Mens Ward
"There is nothing to reconsidar," Frank said. "You have plenty of back up and would have more if you allowed them to help. I've been bitten and I am done for. I'm not going to risk injuring any of you."
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen pulled his sidearm from it's holster. I heard something. Footsteps... sounded like it was coming from the women's isolation ward. He motioned for help. Somebody come with me. I don't think it's infected, but it could still be a threat.
OOC,Sorry 'bout the lack of posting lately. Had exams this week :(
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Sebastian follows the Sergeant Major and the the rest towards the fire escape, Once there he begins climbing the ladder to the rooftop, "Man I really hate heights. Someone's gonna catch me if I fall, right?"
Last edited by Voodoo on Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

-I-I'm sorry, but I'm getting too nervous, and after all we passed this morning, it seems everything is happening again.
She sobs and hugs Keith and Amanda.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside the clinic-
Wright, Darrow, and Raffin took up their positions while the rest of the SFs followed Crew around the corner of the building. The fire escape was on the south side of the building, and the ladder had been lowered to the ground for easy access to the roof.

"Right," said Crew, "I'll go up first. Harper, you follow me. Kowalski, you're third. Feaster, you bring up the rear - and pull the ladder up behind you. I don't want anyone or anything coming up that fire escape." With that, he began to ascend the fire escape, reaching the first landing.

"Don't worry, I've got your back," Kowalski told Harper.
OOC,[b]Sebastian Harper[/b], you weren't able to start climbing the ladder last round, but now you can. You won't get all the way up this round. Feel free to talk to the people with you as you climb.
In the intake area-
"I know, sweetie," said Amanda, "but it's not going to happen again, not here. We're safe here now. We're finally safe." It was not clear whether she was trying to convince Melinda and Keith or herself.

"Nobody's going upstairs right now," said Lt. Sara Evans. "We've all got orders to wait here for screening."

"I'll go with you, sir," said Senior Airman Roger Coltrane. He followed Captain Johansen into the operating theater, his rifle at the ready.

Johansen and Coltrane walked into the operating theater just as a man in an orange suit crept in from the women's ward. He immediately put his hands up.

"Don't shoot!" he hissed, and they recognized his voice as that of Senior Airman Tom Wu. "Are we the only ones left alive?" He looked around nervously. "There are more of them behind me, they'll be here any second."

In the men's isolation ward-
Captain Kelleher led the way through the other end of the ward and around the corner to the right.

At the padded cells-
Shortly past the corner were two padded cells, one on either side of the hall. The doors were solidly built, with viewing slits set in them at head height. Kelleher pointed at the one on the left. "Hodges, in there." She then motioned at the other cell. "Put Mr. Lewis in that one." Lt. Gomez and Airman SImpson wheeled the gurney into the cell on the right, then locked the door, sealing Colin Lewis inside. Airman Rourke covered Frank Hodges as he walked into the left cell, and then Captain Kelleher locked that door with Rourke's keys.

"Hodges, please don't kill yourself," said Claire. "You've been fighting the infected for longer than any of us, and you have knowledge we need. You said yourself that people have been ignoring what you have to say. Well, I'm listening."
Colin Lewis,The viewing slit is closed, and nobody can see you. If you want to try to break free from your straps, you can try rolling STR x 1 now.
Airman Frank Hodges,If you wish to shoot yourself, you'll still need to roll. You cannot miss, but there might be a Malfunction or an impale. The range is point blank, and you may choose your hit location without penalty. If you don't get a Malfunction, go ahead and roll damage (2d10 instead of 1d10 if an impale occurs, which would be 1/5 or less of your doubled skill of 140%, or on a 28 or less).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Keith-
"it wil be okay, Sweetie" Keith said to Melinda. "Maybe we'll stand a chance here."
Turning to the men around him: "Okay, can we get the screenings started before more infected arrive? We'd really like to get somewhere safe, ya know."

Frank-
"You know, you're right, Clair. I have been fighting for a long time, infortunatly, I've been fighting all of you dipshit military personel!" Frank screamed to Clair. Calming down, he spoke again: "It's ironic that everyone is willing to listen now that I'm done trying to make you listen. Now if you don't mind, I'd like to turn into a homcidal, canibalistic corpse in peace, please."
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen aims his gun at Airman Wu. What do you mean? Are there infected inside the base itself?!Get your ass over here right fuckin' now!
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Looking back at Kowalski as he begins to ascend the ladder Harper replies, "I sure hope so"

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”