IC-GOLD-Triage(Everyone)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Re: IC-GOLD-Triage(Everyone)

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Handy,Okay well my fault. But the way I was playing Colin he was a person who hated the RMFS of the base and he felt that since they had refused to let him out anyone who was guarding him was evil. He was just about insane so I do not think he realized that David had been a friend at one point anyway.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Post by ryansommer »

Handy,I updated my post to include a hit locatin as well as another sanity roll
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen babbles nonsensically. Phluginuh! Rahgafragh!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Colin Lewis,What I meant was that [b]David[/b] was a character played by a friend of yours in real life who might have wanted to return to the game and pick him up again. [b]David[/b] wasn't guarding [b]Colin[/b] either, he was locked in there with him. Also, now I have to play [b]Colin[/b] anyway, since he became an NPC the moment he hit 0 Sanity. He might not last much longer, but you never know. The sad thing is, he would have been allowed to leave the base once this crisis was over. In fact, the higher-ups probably would have insisted on it. Of course, the first zombie he saw would have had a 99% chance of driving him personally insane anyway.
In the stairwell-
Lisa flinched as the shooting continued. "Why won't they just stay dead?!" she cried.

In the men's isolation ward-
Keith's bullet buried itself deep in Harper's left shoulder and dug through into his torso. It had hit something vital, for a pool of blood oozed out through the tears in his orange suit. The demolitionist had been doomed the moment he had first been bitten, but his end had come sooner than it might have otherwise. Senior Airman Coltrane had just come around in time to see his messy death, but he immediately went into shock again. He didn't completely lose his mind, but he came close. Feaster swalllowed hard, knowing that it could have been him, that it still might be. He lost all reason, and with grim certainty of his doom he passed out. It was just a bit too much for Kowalski after everything he had been through. He was overwhelmed by thoughts of his own impending death from the bite that even now burned him, but his mind was blank enough that he could function on instinct alone. Crew could not bear the sight of his man's gruesome death, but the battle had numbed him to shock for the most part.

Robert calmly raised his own pistol and fired a wild shot. It struck Feaster in the left arm, shattering bone and causing massive hemorrhaging. Coltrane shot the zombie in the shoulder, finishing it at last.

"God, it burns!" moaned Kowalski.
OOC,[b]Captains Johansen and Kelleher[/b], roll Sanity for seeing [b]Harper[/b]'s death. Sanity loss is 0/1d6. If you get a temporary insanity result, it will extend the duration of your current temporary insanity.
At the padded cells-
Zorie desperately lashed out at Colin, trapped as she was, but her swing went wide and struck Simpson. He couldn't bring up his baton in time, and she socked him hard in the temple. Stunned, he was unprepared for Colin's attack. His massive fist connected with Simpson's right arm. He dropped like a rock. Colin laughed with glee. These terrorists had captured him, tortured him, experimented on him. They had done something to his mind. He needed to kill them and escape and somehow get back to his unit. He didn't know why the woman was helping him, but he was glad of it. Now he had a fighting chance.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen sees the sight of Harper's death from the corner of his eye. It is too much for his already damaged mind and he slips further towards insanity. Oh God he's dead! Dead dead dead dead!
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Handy,I understand and maybe I should have played it differently. The choice has been made and cannot be taken back. I saw that Colin would be trapped and would attack which is why I did what I did.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 11 months

Post by Barandis »

Kelleher cackles manaically as she watches Harper die. "Meat, they're all just meat" she croons as her sanity slips further from her.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Keith quickly moves to the fallen body of Harper and puts a bullet into the head of the corpse; preventing it from getting up and hurting anyone else.

"We need to give Kolowski some medical attention and get him into an isolation cell!" Keith said to Crew. "The rest of us need to barricade the doors STAT!"
Last edited by ryansommer on Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Keith[/b], you'll still need to roll for the shot. You can't miss, but there's still a small chance your gun can jam.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the stairwell-
Amanda pulled Lisa and Beth into the hug, and the four women huddled together.

The first bullet to the head didn't do all that much damage to Harper, but a second shot obliterated what was left of his brain. "Sirs! Oi, you lot!" barked Crew at the mad doctors, but they did not respond. "The bloody doctors a doctor!" He spoke into his radio. "This is Crew. The hostiles in the men's ward are down, but we have a man bitten and infected. We need medics and people to barricade the entrance doors."

Robert borrowed some medical supplies from the ward and knelt beside Kowalski. He tried to clean and bandage the wound, but there was little he can do. "I'd better leave this to the experts."

Feaster just stared in shock at the whole scene.

"It's the aliens!" said Coltrane. "They're behind all of this, I tell you!"
Captain Nils Johansen,You have six more rounds of insanity remaining, including this one.
Captain Claire Kelleher,You have ten more rounds of insanity remaining, including this one.
OOC,Being at point blank range doesn't necessarily double damage, it just doubles your effective skill. An impale does double the damage dice, and while it is more likely to happen at point blank range, that first shot didn't quite qualify and only did 4 damage. The second shot I rolled for you was an impale, though it would have done enough damage to destroy his brain even if it had not been. Anyone in the men's ward who passes a Listen roll will hear what is going on at the padded cells.
At the padded cells-
Colin snatched up the fallen pistol, and Zorie pressed herself back against the wall, terrified. Colin then removed Simpson's belt, put it on, and hung the baton from it. He turned to Zorie and grabbed her with his free hand.

"Don't hurt me!" she cried, her legs melting beneath her.

"Thanks for the help," whispered Colin. "Now let's get out of here. Just pretend you're my hostage." He dragged her out into the hallway and pressed the gun to her back, to the shock of the medical personnel waiting out there. "All right, nobody try to stop me, or she gets it," he snarled, kicking the door shut behind him.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Keith left the men's ward and returned to the womens ward where the snipers were. "Friendly coming through" he yelled to the snipers before entering the area.
"It's all clear in there. We need to get the doors barricaded ASAP" he said as me moved to the stairwell door.
masonstone
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 6 months

Post by masonstone »

"Oi! You! Keith and whoever your freind is, get back in here and subdue these ripping nutjobs!" Crew shouted at the retreating back of the civilian beofre taking up his radio "Smith, Wesson, move the civilians with you to my position so we can put them with the others then wedge the men's ward doors open and set up a series of obstacles to help you cover the approach to the stairs." Crew returned his radio to his belt before standing up and pushing open the chamber of his revolver, allowing the spent cases to fall out and replacing them with fresh bullets from his ammo pouch before turning to Coltrane, "Ok Airman, looks like I'm running the show now, so what we're gonna do is help subdue the officers then we regroup and start clearing this mess up." he said before looking up sharply as he heard the commotion past the doors. "scratch that Coltrane, we have other issues" He warned then cocked back the hammer on his revolver and pointed it at the door, shouting "Friendlies coming in!"
Handy,I'd just like to let you know that when I looked up who was left I noticed that you haven't listed Smith or Wesson in the current locations thread. :)
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen scratches as the wall. So many people. So many people. It's my fault. My fault. My fault!
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

-Are you listening anything else?- asks Melinda- Do you think everything is ok?- she asks with hope.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Wesson[/b], [b]Smith[/b], [b]Kowalski[/b], and [b]Feaster[/b] are not playable characters. Their character sheets are not shown, nor are their locations and equipment displayed. [b]Keith[/b] can only reach the opearting theater this round, but his voice will carry beyond it.
In the stairwell-
"Keith gave the all clear," said Amanda, "so I think we'll be fine."

Smith knocked on the stairwell door and pushed it open. "Yes, ma'am," he said. "It'll be all right. Let's get you safely to the men's ward, ladies. Follow us, please."

Amanda led the women through the door into the women's ward, motioning for Melinda to come with her.

In the women's isolation ward-
Once the women started to enter from the stairwell, the two snipers proceeded down the hall, their rifles at the ready just in case. They entered the operating theater.

In the operating theater-
Keith went through the doors from the men's ward just as the snipers entered from the women's ward. "The women are all right, sir," said Wesson, who had led the way. "They're right behind us."

At the padded cells-
"Hold your fire!" said Lt. Sara Evans, raising her hands. "We can't risk anything happening to Zorie." The rest of the personnel in the hall outside the padded cells stood down, and Colin dragged Zorie at gunpoint around the corner into the men's ward. Once they were out of sight, Sara spoke into her radio as she examined Gary Simpson: "Mr. Lewis has escaped from his cell. He has a gun and is holding Zorie Spooner hostage. He has killed David the truck driver and badly injured Airman Simpson." With tears in her eyes, she expertly eased Gary's injured head and revived him. He wasn't feeling quite as bad now, but he was still severely hurt.

"Jeez," he muttered. "That maniac packs a wallop."

"It's adrenalin, mixed with a rather high dose of crazy. I don't know how he managed it either. He was sedated, I saw to it myself. He's got Zorie."

"They're all dead in here," said Robert. "I mean, for good. Do you really need me? I want to see if Beth's okay."

Coltrane did an excellent job bandaging Kowalski's savaged arm, but still couldn't completely close the wound. "I did my best, Sergeant Major, but..." he said, letting the sentence hang. He knew just how doomed his comrade was.

Crew began to reload his revolver. He had managed to load in two more bullets, for a total of four in the gun, when Colin Lewis dragged Zorie around the corner, holding her in front of him as a shield. He had a pistol pressed against her head. "Back off, you REMFs!" he snarled. "Just get out of my way and let me go, or else!"

"Leave her alone," said Kowalski, cradling his arm. "Take me instead."
OOC,If anyone in the ward wants to fire at [b]Colin Lewis[/b], the range is normal. If you miss, roll Luck to make sure you don't hit [b]Zorie[/b]. if you attack [b]Colin[/b] in any way, he may get a shot or even two off first.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

-Great! I'm happy that everything os going better than last time.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Keith ran up to Amanda and Melinda and gave them both a big hug. "It okay now" he said to them. "You two should be safe for now."
Handy,Can Keith hear the commotion going on in the Men's ward?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Keith[/b], you never rolled Listen last round, so you can roll it now. If you succeed, then you can hear what's happening in the men's ward.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Keith suddenly turns his head back towards the Mens Ward. "Sounds like there is trouble back there" he says.
"Mom, Melinda: Take cover. Smith Wesson, take up positions with your riles in opposite corners of the room. Sounds like we have a hostage situation."
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

OOC,how much longer is Captain Johansen crazy for?

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”