IC-GOLD-Triage(Everyone)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

masonstone
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 7 months

Re: IC-GOLD-Triage(Everyone)

Post by masonstone »

Crew snapped his hand up in closed fist, signalling for those following him to halt. "I hear movement, those doors!" he barked, skidding to a halt and pointing his revolver that the doors "Present arms, let's give 'em a firing squad. Harper, hurl that thing through after we've fired, it should give them something to think about if they're trying to overwhelm us." he said, going down on one knee and flicking his hand forwards with two fingers extended towards the doors.
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.
Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years

Post by Barandis »

Captain Kelleher heads into the mens ward and takes position behind the men.
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen radios Crew. What the hell are you doing? Report, immediately!
Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Barandis »

Captain Kelleher radios Captain Johansen "Let the man work he is taking control of the combat like I told him to. We outrank him but we are doctors, he has the combat training and experience. You should listen to your NCOs it could save your life one day"
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen radios Kelleher back. Respectfully speaking, sir, me and the soldiers under my command held this area the entire day with minimal casualties. We have more experience fighting these things than you do, sir. Maybe you should listen to people who actually know their shit, it might save your life.
Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Barandis »

"We have the civilians secured, there is no room left in the cells for us. Would you rather make a stand in a corridor where we are as likely to shoot each other than the monsters or in the men's ward where we have space to move?" Kelleher asks Johansen
masonstone
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by masonstone »

"Respectfully sirs, if all you're gonna do is bicker and question me then could you keep it in person and off the line, we don't need turmoil in the ranks at a time like this." Crew said into his radio in an angry whisper, "and if you wish to question my experience Captain, just remember that I have more combat experience than most of you combined. The simple fact that you've shot some bullets into these monsters doesn't give you the right to kill us off one by one by constant retreat. Any issues you have with my orders, take it up with the Lieutenant-Colonel, I'm sure he'll enjoy your power trips." With the last angry sentence out of his mouth Crew switched off the radio and shook his head in disbelief, turning back towards the doors as the sounds drew nearer.
Last edited by masonstone on Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Barandis »

"Easy Crew" Captain Kelleher says "I'm on your side here in case you didn't notice. We had to get the civilians safe though. Civilian casualties just mean more of those things for us to deal with. Johansen can lock himself in with them for all I care"
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Post by ryansommer »

"Sir!" Keith said, snapping to attention with a salute. "I am a soldier trained by the US Marine Corp. My marksmanship skills and courage under fire are second to none. Without a weapon, I cannot effectively hold this doorway. With a weapon, I'm a formitable fighting machine that will give those bastards hell and WILL hold this stairwell. The bigger the weapon, the better, sir as it will allow to inflict more casualites on the enemy."

Keith could tell his words had rung home and had convinced Smith.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Captain Kelleher[/b] is female, by the way. ;) The radios are hands-free units built into the inside of your Racal suits, so you couldn't throw one down. You could switch it off, however. There is room in the padded cells for more people, just not enough for everyone. Two more people could squeeze into the south cell if you open it up again. The north cell, which is open and empty, can hold up to six people.
In the stairwell-
"All right," said Smith. "I need to hold onto my sniper rifle, but I can lend you my sidearm." He handed Keith his Beretta.

"Anyone want to borrow mine?" asked Wesson.

"I'm a very good shot," said Robert.

Wesson handed him his pistol. "We can better hold the stairs from the other side of the door, in the women's ward. At least then we'll see 'em coming. Everyone who doesn't have a weapon, wait in the stairwell." The snipers led the way through the door, their rifles at the ready.

"Be careful, Robert!" called Beth as Robert followed them.

In the women's isolation ward-
Wesson and Smith took up positions in front of the stairwell door. Robert stood between and behind them. They heard gunfire and shouting in the distance to the north.

In the men's isolation ward-
The doors were suddenly thrown open as the orange-suited figure of Airman Phyllis Darrow ran through at high speed. She made a beeline for the group that was ready for her, her red eyes visible through the clear faceplate of her helmet. Behind her, Frank Hodges staggered in, moving more slowly but with no less determination. He had clearly turned as well. Bringing up the rear crawled Senior Airman Sam Wright and Airman Basic Ken Raffin, both of them zombies too.

Harper calmly pulled the pin out of his grenade and held his arm back, ready to throw as soon as the others had fired. Kowalski wavered, badly shocked from seeing his former comrades-in-arms coming for him. Even so, he was able to act on instinct. He sprayed a short burst at Darrow, the bullets passing just to her side. Feaster panicked, but only briefly. His burst was far more accurate. Only one bullet struck her, but it blew a massive hole in her lower chest. However, she didn't even slow down...
OOC,[b]Crew[/b] and [b]Kelleher[/b], roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d10. If you do not go temporarily insane, you may act. You may fire once before [b]Darrow[/b] attacks, but there is no time to aim for the head. The other zombies are slower, so they won't get close enough to attack this round.
At the padded cells-
Zorie groaned. "I'm starting to think I'd rather be out there with the walking dead," she said.

"What?" said David. "I thought I was being nice."

Outside the cells, the medical staff could hear the gunfire from around the corner. Battle had been joined.
Colin Lewis,You are out for two more turns, including this one.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Barandis »

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Thank you Smith, and Wesson" Keith said with a smirk on his face. "You all stand back by the door since you have better range. Robert and I will take the front line and will stay low so you can shoot over us. We'll fall back to the door while you cover us if you need to then you can escape through the door while we cover you. Oh yeah, can we have your extra ammo too? We may need it."
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen hears the shooting and screaming. Son of a bitch! Everybody, get ready, incoming hostiles!
masonstone
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by masonstone »

Crew remained calm and professional as Darrow charged, rolling his eyes as Kelleher went into hysterics behind him. He sized up the rapidly approaching figure and easily fired off a shot into Darrow's chest, punching through the Racal suit and blowing a basketball-sized exit wound through her back however the tthing that had once been human pressed un unperturbed.
OOC,Have I done all that right or have I forgotten something? also should I roll for dodge incase she attacks me?
OOC,oh and it's common in the BA to call officers of both sexes sir

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Thanks, I didn't know that. [b]Johansen[/b] called her "sir" too (which wouldn't be strictly necessary anyway, as they're of equal rank, but she is in charge here). I'm not sure if the USAF has the same practice. Yes, you did that right. Sanity is rolled against your current Sanity score of 32, not your starting score of 40, but you still passed. The hit location you rolled was actually the right arm, but it may not matter. There's no need to roll Dodge if you shoot, as you can't Dodge and attack in the same round.
In the stairwell-
Amanda put her arms around Melinda and Lisa, holding them tight. Beth waited nervously.

In the women's isolation ward-
"Sure," said Smith. He took three 9mm magazines from his belt and gave them to Keith, while Wesson did the same for Robert.

In the men's isolation ward-
Crew's bullet punched a large hole through Darrow's right arm. Impossibly, she surged forward anyway and rushed Kowalski, stumbling and coming up short. Harper hurled the grenade with all his might, but his aim was off. Luckily, he overthrew it so that the humans in the ward were not in danger. The grenade sailed through the still swinging doors and into the operating room, where it deonated with a loud explosion that could be heard throughout the building. Even so, the two crawling zombies were still struck with shrapnel from the blast.

Captain Kelleher paused, suddenly feeling a strange craving. Frank Hodges strode forward, getting dangerously close to the assembled defenders. The two crawling zombies also advanced. Kowalski blazed away at Darrow, hitting her with two rounds. Riddled with lead, she fell twitching. She was no longer a threat. Feaster opened up on Hodges, striking him with a single bullet in the right arm. It didn't slow him.
Captain Claire Kelleher,Your temporary insanity is a desire to eat human flesh. You don't have to actually try to do it, but you're going to be useless for ten combat rounds, including the one that just ended and the current one. Feel free to roleplay your insanity.
OOC,[b]Crew[/b], you may now attack again if you wish. The range is normal. There is no time to aim for the head before [b]Hodges[/b] gets to attack.
At the padded cells-
The medical staff members, along with Valdez and Winters, readied their weapons and pointed them at the corner.
Colin Lewis,This is your last round of being unconscious.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Barandis »

Captain Kelleher grabs the corpse of Darrow by the wrist and begins to drag it towards a side room singing softly "So sweet, so sweet the yellow fat covering the dark red meat. Will it infect if I bite them? It might, it might, it might"
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Keith took the offered magazines and said: "Should we advance our position and see if we can help out the others?"
masonstone
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by masonstone »

Crew rolled his eyes at Kelleher's apparent insanity "and this is why women don't get combat postings" he muttered to himself before flicking on his radio and saying "Captain Johansen, if you want to prove your experise in these matters then do me a favor and calm Kelleher down, and if that fails knock her out and strap her down, before she hurts one of us or herself." he said tersely, leaving the radio on in case of an emergency. Crew nodded in approval of Kowalski's shot before turning to target Hodges. He fired, his short hitting the deceased airman in it's right arm, however the shot was only a glancing blow and the thing pressed onwards. Crew cursed his aim, noting that he seemed to be firing too far to the right, but put it down to the pressure of the situation.

kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

OOC,Can Johansen get to Kelleher this round?
Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Barandis »

Captain Kelleher takes a scalpel from her comabt fatigues and uses it to beat time as she continues to sing "Disect, disect. Flay the face and eat it."

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”