IC-GOLD-Triage(Everyone)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-GOLD-Triage(Everyone)

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the stairwell-
The women remained where they were, shivering as the distant gunfire contnued.

In the women's isolation ward-
"We have orders to remain here and guard the stairwell, sir," said Wesson to Keith. "We can't take a chance on anything slippng past us and getting to the women. You and Robert are free to go forward if you like, but I'd have to advise against it. You'd be putting yourselves at risk."

In the men's isolation ward-
Feaster and Crew together managed to cripple Hodges's right arm, but he kept coming. Harper hastily holstered his pistol and unslung his M-16, shooting Hodges with two rounds. Both of them took out his leg from under him and dropped him to his knees, but he dragged himself forward with his good left arm. Captain Johansen arrived just in time to see Hodges crawl after Harper. who was out of reach - for now. But at this point the other two zombies were catching up.
OOC,[b]Nils Johansen[/b], roll Sanity for seeing the zombies. Sanity loss is 0/1d10. If you do not go temporarily insane, you may act freely. If you'd like to try to bring [b]Captain Kelleher[/b] to her senses, roll Psychoanalysis. If you succeed, she will be able to act freely next round, but not this one. You may instead fire one shot before the zombies get to attack. [b]Crew[/b], you also get one shot before they attack. There is no time to aim at the head, so you'll need to roll random hit locations. It will only take 2 more damage to any location to destroy [b]Hodges[/b], but the other two zombies have only taken 9 damage each so far. If you miss when shooting at [b]Hodges[/b], you'll need to roll Luck to avoid hitting [b]Harper[/b]. No Luck roll is required this time for shooting at the other two zombies. [b]Hodges[/b] is at point blank range, but the other two are at normal range.
At the padded cells-
Colin Lewis slowly came to his senses, his blurry vision resolving itself into something resembling clarity. He was lying on the gurney in his padded cell, but he was not strapped down and the door was now closed. David and Zorie Spooner were inside the cell with him, and he could hear gunfire from nearby. His head throbbed with pain.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Post by ryansommer »

"Roger, that" Keith said, slipping into his training as a Marine. He looked around for a gurney or crash cart he could put in front of him to use as a firing platform and to slow down any infected they may need to retreat from.
Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years

Post by Barandis »

Captain Kelleher stop dragging the corpse for a moment, kneels down beside it and cuts out the eyes with her scalpel. "Eye, eye captain" she says, throwing one at Johansen "I have my eye on you" before collapsing on the floor in fits of maniacal giggling.
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen loses it, the combination of Kelleher's evisceration of a corpse and the zombies too much. His mind breaks under the strain. He fully understands what he sees.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Handy,Can you give me the hints on the STR of David and zorie in case Colin wishes to take one of them out? Also the weapons if any of them?
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Colin Lewis,Both of them are unarmed. They are moderately strong, but not as strong as you.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Handy,What are the rules then if Colin wishes to attack? Does he grapple and can he only knock out or can he break necks?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Colin Lewis,You can use any unarmed attack form you wish. It's up to you whether you're trying to knock someone out or kill them. Make sure you state which you're doing. A Kick attack, however, will not be a knockout attack and could be lethal considering the damage you can do with Martial Arts. Fist/Punch has a base skill of 50%, Kick has a base skill of 25%, and Head Butt has a base skill of 10%. If you attack someone and hit, go ahead and roll damage. They're not expecting an attack, so they don't get a chance to Dodge or Parry. Any hit will be a Martial Arts success as well, since your highest unarmed attack skill is 50%. It doubles the base damage dice, but not the damage bonus, so a punch does 2d3+1d6 and a kick does 3d6.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years

Post by Barandis »

Kelleher cuts open the cheeks of the corpse giving it manaical grin while singing:
"Gray skies are gonna clear up,
Put on a happy face;
Brush off the clouds and cheer up,
Put on a happy face.
Take off the gloomy mask of tragedy,
It's not your style;
You'll look so good that you'll be glad
Ya' decide to smile!
Pick out a pleasant outlook,
Stick out that noble chin;
Wipe off that "full of doubt" look,
Slap on a happy grin!
And spread sunshine all over the place,
Just put on a happy face!
Put on a happy face
Put on a happy face
And if you're feeling cross and bitterish
Don't sit and whine
Think of banana split and licorice
And you'll feel fine
I knew a girl so glooming
She'd never laugh or sing
She wouldn't listen to me
Now she's a mean old thing
So spread sunshine all over the place
Just put on a happy face
So, put on a happy face"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the stairwell-
"Oh, I do hope Keith is careful," said Amanda, hugging Melinda tighter. She had already lost one son today, and she could not bear to lose another.

In the women's isolation ward-
Robert and Keith advanced into the operating theater, each of them pushing a gurney before him, while the snipers stood guard outside the stairwell.

In the operating theater-
Keith and Robert pushed through the double doors and into the operating theater. It was a mess, with plenty of blood and debris, but no bodies or zombies. The gunfire was coming from the double doors on the opposite side of the room which led to the men's ward, and there was also the sound of...singing?
OOC,[b]Keith[/b], if you enter the men's ward, you will see the zombies. In that case, roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d10, but you can lose at most 6 more Sanity for seeing zombies, so any loss of more than 6 counts as 6.
Crew put another bullet into Hodges, stopping him cold. But there was now nothing to stop the other two zombies from reaching the defenders. Johansen babbled incohorently, his mind shattered from the shocking tableau. Kowalski fired wildly at Sam Wright, but no bullets struck him. Feaster did likewise, only just hitting him with all three rounds. His arms and belly were peppered with lead, but he did not stop.

Sam Wright reached Kowalski and dragged him to the floor, clamping his jaws down on his left thigh. Kowalski somehow managed to keep his wits. Raffin came for Harper, chomping him hard in the left leg. Harper didn't lose his head, but he did lose his footing. He too went down.
Captain Nils Johansen,You'll be babbling and gibbering for twelve combat rounds, including this one. Feel free to roleplay your madness, but you'll be useless in this fight.
OOC,[b]Crew[/b], you have one more shot before the zombies attack again. The range is now point blank, and there is of course still no time to aim for the head.
At the padded cells-
Zoriie was unaware that Colin Lewis had regained consciousness. David was equally clueless.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Colin grinned and then with a snarl and a angry cry lashed out with his foot at David kicking him in the head. The damage he did looked very bad.
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen falls to his knees. His eyes unfocus and he starts to mumble to himself. Sheseatinghim. Hiseyes. His eyes! I'a! I'a!
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Handy,I imagine there will be some cross fire and danger of hitting friendlies if Keith moves towards the Men's Ward, correct?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Keith Deeds,Not if you move towards it, as they can't see you until you actually enter. If you go up to the doors and look through the round glass windows, you'll be able to see the situation inside. [b]Kowalski[/b] and [b]Harper[/b] are down, and one zombie is on each of them. They're both right in the middle of the crowd of defenders at the northern end of the ward, so there's little chance of any bullets coming your way - unless you're mistaken for a zombie again, that is. Any bullets you fire at the zombies could hit their victims instead if you miss, but you won't be in position to fire until next round anyway. By then those guys could be dead. :twisted:
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Careful," Keith said. "Let's see if we can help these folks."

Moving towards the Men's ward Keith shouled out: "Survivors coming through the door. Watch your fire!"

Pushing the gurney in front of him, Keith and Robert pushing the men's wards doors open. The scene in front of them was as horrific as anything Keith had ever seen yet he was able to hold it together.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the stairwell-
Beth nodded to Amanda, tears forming in her eyes. She didn't know what she would do if anything happened to Robert. They had been through so much together.

In the operating theater-
"Don't shoot, we're alive!" called Robert as he pushed his gurney through the doors with Keith.

Feaster plugged Sam Wright, blowing out his spine. The zombie collapsed on top of Kowalski, who rolled onto his side and fired at Raffin. He put a round in the zombie's upper chest.

"Harper!" cried Crew, turning his Webley on Raffin. He shot the ghoul that was eating his man, drilling its left arm. Harper was in agony and could not bring his rifle to bear. He fumbled for his pistol as the zombie that was eating him alive made to attack again, managing to shoot it. The 9mm bullet barely grazed its left thigh.

Keith and Robert entered in time to see the last zombie wrap its arms around Harper and sink its teeth into him once more. Robert remained perfectly calm, but he knew he had arrived too late to save the man. The zombie bit down hard on Harper's wounded leg, and a loud snap indicated that the bone had broken. Harper mercifully blacked out.

Beyond them, the doctors continued their mad capering.
OOC,[b]Keith[/b], you may fire twice at the zombie. Range for you is normal, and for each bullet that misses you must roll Luck to avoid hitting [b]Harper[/b] (though that would probably be more merciful than anything at this point). [b]Crew[/b], you may fire one shot. The range is point blank for you. There is no time to aim for the head, but 14 or more total damage will finish this zombie.
At the padded cells-
Colin's kick broke David's neck with a crack, and the big trucker dropped lifelessly to the floor, blood gushing out of his shattered skull. Zorie screamed in abject horror, but she remained mostly level-headed. "You've killed him!" she cried. "Help! Colin went berserk and killed David!"

The enormity of what Colin had done sank in, and the last shreds of his humanity ripped asunder. He had just killed a fellow survivor, a man who had once been his friend, deliberately and for no good reason.

Out in the hall, Lt. Sara Evans fished out her keys and unlocked the cell. "Simpson, take him down!" she ordered, opening the door. Gary Simpson gripped his baton in one hand and his pistol in the other as he stepped into the doorway, filling the exit from the crowded cell. He shuddered when he saw the dead body, shaken badly.
OOC,[b]Colin Lewis[/b], you've just lost your last Sanity point, and you have nobody to blame but yourself. Murdering [b]David[/b] is good for a 1/1d10 Sanity loss, so even if you were to pass your Sanity roll by getting a 1 on 1d100, you would still lose your final Sanity point and drop to 0. At this point [b]Colin Lewis[/b] has become an NPC, having passed beyond reason.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Handy,Does Keith have time to aim?
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Keith steadied himself on the gurney and fired off two shots at the head of the closest zombie. The first shot missed it's mark, but the second one could not have been more true of a shot. It hit the zombie square in the left arm and blew it clean off. The bullet that missed struck Harper square in teh chest doing massive damage and ending his suffering.

The sight of killing Harper did little to phase Keith. Keith had sliped fulling into soldier mode. War was hell and there were often time casualties. Besides... he thought to himself, he's better off dead than undead.
Last edited by ryansommer on Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Handy,Its ok. With my new job, my upcoming move, and my new game I had to make a choice. I choose at this time to only run 3 characters instead of 4. Sometime in the future I may do 4 again but at this time again i choose to get rid of one but do it my way instead of making you take over yet another character. So knowing that Colin was about to crack anyway I did it this way. Sorry if you are angry about this.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Keith Deeds,No, there's no time to aim for the head. That applied to everyone. You still need to roll 1d20 for hit locations. Also, please roll Sanity for accidentally shooting and killing [b]Harper[/b]. Sanity loss is 1/1d8.
Colin Lewis,I'm not angry, but if you no longer want to play a character, you should just let me know and I'll gladly take him back. You've just taken two characters out of the game when there was no need, and one of them had been in it from the beginning. He was also your friend's character, so if he did want to play [b]David[/b] again, he can't any more. The zombies are almost mopped up and Chapter 5 is going to end soon. [b]Colin[/b] could have made it through with his 1 Sanity point intact had he simply not done anything.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”