IC-OMAHA-Family(Tariq/Ali/Lori/Alvin/Murray/Erin/Rashad)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Family(Tariq/Ali/Lori/Alvin/Murray/Erin/Rashad)

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Tariq stops.

"I knew I forgot something."

He goes back downstairs and retrieves both the Grease gun and the explosives.
OOC,If Tariq cannot carry both, then he asks Rashad for help.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the basement-
Erin, Ali, Lori, Murray, and Samir followed the others upstairs, while Rashad remained in the basement.

In the living room-
Tariq and the others emerged from the basement, returning to the living room.
OOC,That is a bit much for [b]Tariq[/b] to carry. You could give [b]Rashad[/b] (or someone else) either the box with the C-4 or the pack full of pipe bombs and carry the rest of it, though. You do have ammo for the Grease gun, by the way. It's in the weapons list.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Rashad grabs the Uzi and as much ammo as he can carry, stuffing the magazines in his jacket along with the revolver. He hefts the submachine gun and smiles. Tariq, what about these explosives? And this other gun?
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

OOC Handy Only,Is Tariq now alone in the basement with Rashad?
Last edited by Mi-Go Agent on Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Tariq al-Tikriti,Yes, you can be in the basement with him if you want. I thought you wanted to head upstairs, but you can stay down there and talk to him in private. You can use a spoiler button with both of your characters' names in it and none of the others so that the players of other characters aren't allowed to read what you say in private.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Handy Only,I don't think the other players would understand not to read the button, since they (hopefully) haven't read the private OOC buttons. "We only have a little while - if we don't come up in a natural amount of time, they'll suspect something. Tell me what my orders are, sir. Oh, and I'd rather you carry the C-4 and I take the second gun, so we both have two firearms and some explosives, but however you wish," Tariq says.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Remember that when you see a spoiler button with the names of characters not including your own, you are not allowed to read it. This applies even when these buttons are in posts by other players, as well as posts by the Keeper. This allows conversations to be held in private without using PMs and ensures that the Keeper can read them too. Buttons marked OOC such as this one can and should be read by everyone.
Tariq al-Tikriti and Rashad Sadiq,"We only have a little while," said [b]Tariq[/b] to [b]Rashad[/b], "if we don't come up in a natural amount of time, they'll suspect something. Tell me what my orders are, sir. Oh, and I'd rather you carry the C-4 and I take the second gun, so we both have two firearms and some explosives, but however you wish."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Alvin petted Murry in the upstairs living room as he sat on the coach.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Tariq,[b]Rashad[/b] grabs the C-4 and stows it away in his coat.[color=#0000BF] Samir was the one who said the phrase, so I expect he'll know about what's going on than I do.[/color]
Last edited by kouchpotato on Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

OOC,From what I can see, a horde of zombies shredded that button to entrails and left them scattered all over the screen.
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

OOC,That poor button never had a chance
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

OOC,Mind giving me the information that was in the button? I can only understand that it was for Tariq.
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

OOC,Fixed it.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Rashad and Handy,Tariq says, "That was an unfortunate misjudgement on my part. I'll try to talk privately with Samir at the next opportunity." He takes the Grease gun.
Tariq returns to the living room.

"I have one more gun, upstairs, in my bedroom. I think I will go retrieve it. I still haven't eaten since breakfast, so after that I think I will take something to eat and we can discuss our plans."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the living room-
The Uzi felt light in Rashad's hands - a bit too light. It obviously wasn't loaded. There were only twenty magazines containing forty rounds each, all of which he was able to carry.

"But Father, didn't you have lunch with the rest of us at school?" asked Ali. "I know you served it to us. Even so, I am getting hungry."

"I haven't eaten since breakfast either," said Erin. "I'm sure we could all use dinner. You were always better in the kitchen than I was, Tariq, but I can help prepare it if you like." She knelt down and petted Murray. "I hope you like human food, because we don't have any dog food."

Murray yipped excitedly.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Alvin said, "He likes anything he can get Mam'm."
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

OOC,I am very certain that Tariq did not serve lunch. When I started playing him, lunch was still being prepared in the kitchen. Then, all of us in the kitchen ran because zombies were banging on the door. We took some food with us, but never got a chance to eat. At no point did the students come into the cafeteria and eat lunch.
"I'm torn between wanting to be fast so that we have time to act and wanting to make something good since the power is out. Since all the meat in the refrigerator has had some time to thaw, maybe I'll be able to grill it fast. But first, let me get that handgun."

He heads upstairs and returns with a loaded handgun.

"While I'm preparing the food, I'll explain what I've been thinking. Violence, corpses, and general danger is going to be highest in the cities. In a few days, unless things get better fast, cities are also going to have some major sanitation problems. The best bet is get out of Omaha, either for a less affected area of the country or for a smaller town."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,You were preparing dinner at the start of Chapter 4, not lunch. Lunch had been served well before Chapter 4 started; it just feels like more time has gone by. You cannot go upstairs, retrieve the gun, and return all in one round. You can get up there this round, but you won't be able to get back until the following round.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Rashad takes a magazine from his coat and loads it in the Uzi. If only we had one of these up on the roof.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

OOC,I'm fine with that. I was trying to not hold everyone else up, but Tariq is now in his bedroom with the handgun, about to return. Thanks for clarifying about lunch. I'm not sure why a school cafeteria would be serving dinner, but I'll see if I can go back and edit all my posts in which I mention lunch.

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”