IC-SWORD-Terror By Night(Sally/Zoe/Raquel/Katarina/rangers)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC-SWORD-Terror By Night(Sally/Zoe/Raquel/Katarina/rangers)

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
"If you want to lend a hand, you can help," said Dan. "Otherwise, you should get back to the station."
OOC,[b]Raquel[/b], if you want to help [b]Dan[/b] change the tire, roll Mechanical Repair. The base skill level is 20%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Trott
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by Trott »

"I go," said Raquel uncertainly. "I don't know about cars."

She hopped out of the truck and set off with a nervous trot to the station.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

Zoe-

"Well Luanne, all I can do is wish you good luck."

Shouting up to Sally: "The silly bitch is on a boat, somewhere in the Gulf of Mexico.
"Excellent!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,This update encompasses three minutes. It will take [b]Sally[/b] four more minutes to finish treating [b]Katarina[/b].
On the road-
"Julie, go with her and see that she gets safely back," said Dan. "I'll be fine." Julie walked with Raquel back to the bottom of the ranger station's stairs. Raquel headed upstairs, while Julie returned to the truck. By the time she got there, Dan had already removed the flat tire and placed the spare onto the rim. He would only need a few more minutes before he was done.

In the ranger station-
"Good luck to you too, Zoe," said Luanne before signing off. Zoe fiddled with the dials some more, but she couldn't find any other signals. She looked up to see Raquel enter the station.

On the roof-
"They went that way," said Katarina, pointing to the south. "At least at first. What about the rangers? They can track the skinheads down. Those tires would leave tracks in the dirt roads, or if they leave the road. But we have to hurry, before they get too far ahead."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Trott
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by Trott »

Raquel entered the room, happy to be with Zoe and away from the darkness of the night.

"Zoe! What's been going on? I was with Julie in the truck, and then she went strange. She's okay now though."
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Post by ryansommer »

"Yes, the rangers may be ableto track them down" Sally said as she worked "However, they are well armed and are waiting for us. We have to be careful. "
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Julie stood watch, bow in hand, while Dan started tightening the lug nuts to secure the new tire.

In the ranger station-
Zoe hesitated to answer Raquel for some reason.

On the roof-
Katarina nodded. "Yes, I was lucky to be able to kill Mutt," she said. "I'm usually not much good in a fight. Nitro and Deadeye won't be so easy to beat, so we need to work together and make a plan. Maybe they won't expect us to be able to follow, if we're lucky. They have big headstart, but they have to stop some time."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Trott wrote: "Zoe! What's been going on? I was with Julie in the truck, and then she went strange. She's okay now though."
"Raquel, I have no idea what's going on!" says Zoe, "it's all too crazy. I'm messing around with the radio, but to no good purpose.
"Those rangers, are they still intent on rescuing Lara? - count me out!" she sneers.
Yes, the rangers may be able to track them down" Sally said as she worked "However, they are well armed and are waiting for us. We have to be careful. "
"Huh! I'm staying put - if there is food here at the station."
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Sally kept working on Katarina's leg: "Once Dan get's back we can make a plan and decide the best course of action."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

"If we had much time, I would like get both car," said Katerina, leaning her head against the wall. "If one car break, other car still go. If we had much time, I would like to sleep in bed!" She laughs softly. "I give much for free, safe, time." Her eyes tear up a little. "All I want is a little bit of time."
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Dan finished securing the last of the nuts, then went to the jack to lower the pickup truck back down to the road. Julie shivered in the cold night, but not just because of the temperature. Terrifying prospects lay ahead.

In the ranger station-
Zoe and Raquel conversed, both with each other and with Sally and Katarina above them - their voices carried just fine through the open trapdoor.

On the roof-
Sally and Katarina continued their conversation on the roof. For now they did have a little time, but who knew how long it would be before they had to face horror again? Could they afford to wait for the rangers to return before they started working on a plan?
OOC,There aren't actually any walls up on the roof, but you could still lean your head on [b]Sally[/b], or on the roof's surface. If everyone wants to wait for the rangers to get back, let me know and I'll move things forward. Just remember that time is still advancing, and other things are happening while you wait.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Zoe-

"We need transport if we are leaving. My brain is numb so excuse me if I have forgot anything: Are there any other vehicles beside the rangers' truck? If we do rely on them, let's gather food or whatever else we can find here at the station so that we are prepared for a quick getaway."

Zoe goes looking for a kitchen.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"We've got several options to considar" Sally said as she worked. "We would fortify one of the houses down the road and hope the isolation out here works in our favor. We could make one of the attics liveable and make expeditions to the surrounding houses to get food as needed. Or.... we search the houses and load up with all the supplies we can, then head for the Airforce base Doc was talking about."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

"I like this place," says Katarina sleepily. She had been running on sheer adrenaline for so long she was about ready to collapse. "We held out this place. Is it hard to make this place safe? Bring in food? I not like soldiers. They might be bad. Many people would try to get safe with soldiers, too. Many chance to bring zombies into them. I not think it safe."
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Zoe says: "I agree: if we can find food in the surrounding houses let's hole up here, at least until we have to move on. Here has gotta be as safe - safer - than anywhere else."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Dan lowered the pickup truck back to the ground and packed away the jack and the tools. "The tire's all changed," Julie reported on the radio. "We'll be back in a couple minutes."

On the roof-
Sally and Katarina heard Julie on the radio as they continued their discussion, and Sally was now nearly done treating Katarina's injuries. In another minute she would be good as new. They did feel somewhat safe up here in the ranger station. It was elevated, and the only way in was a wooden stairway. Staying supplied would be the main problem.
OOC,Both of you feel free to roll Idea.
In the ranger station-
Zoe found a fridge which had some food and drinks in it, but it was perishable and wouldn't last long. This place was designed for two rangers, not a group of six people. Both women did remember seeing the skinheads' pickup truck parked outside the small farmhouse.
OOC,[b]Zoe[/b], roll Spot Hidden as you search. Also, you and [b]Raquel[/b] may roll Idea as well.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

[ooc: Spot Hidden Idea (1d100=60, 1d100=22)]
Zoe doesn't find anything but she does have an idea.

Thinking about provisions for the ranger station, she says: "We can send out an armed group to forage in the surrounding area?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Zoe Gallagher,[b]Zoe[/b] realized that even if they couldn't find the keys to the skinheads' pickup truck parked outside the farmhouse, she could still probably hotwire it given her knowledge of cars. Once they had two working vehicles they could even split up, with one group going after the skinheads and [b]Lara[/b] while the other group either stayed at the ranger station or went somewhere else. The ranger station could be made defensible by destroying the wooden stairs - that axe she had found would do the job nicely. Then they could use the rope zipline to climb up and down, perhaps by constructing a ladder from it. If they could find more rope, they could have both a ladder and a zipline. The rangers might know where to find more food, but it should be possible to salvage enough from the surrounding area to last for a while.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Zoe-

"First off, I'm gonna hot wire the truck which is at the farmhouse. Whatever happens next, the wheels will be useful. Who's coming?"
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

No ideas came to Sally as she worked dilligently on Katarina's leg. "Sticking together is the only chance we have. Whether we leave this place or stay here, we should do it together. Supplies will be a must, though, before we so anything."

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”