IC-SWORD-Terror By Night(Sally/Zoe/Raquel/Katarina/rangers)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Re: IC-SWORD-Terror By Night(Sally/Katarina/Dan/Julie)

Post by ryansommer »

Sally quickly turned down the radio Doc held so it would not give away their position. She tried to spot the location of Nitro and Deadeye, but her effort was in vain.
"Hang in there, Katarina" Sally whispered back. "Can you see them?"
With her gun in hand and ready, Sally waited for Dan and the other to arrive.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the woods-
Katarina peeked around the edge of her tree and shook her head no. She ducked back behind it and leaned on it heavily, clutching her side.

"Those bitches killed him!" cried Nitro. "They went down the zipline and are in the woods somewhere. Let's go hunt them down. I can't wait to nail that Sally. Be good to have Katarina again too."

Katarina sobbed quietly.

"We don't have time for that," said Deadeye. "We have to get out of here before those rangers catch up with us. Here, take your AK back and hold onto Lara."

Katarina tried to soothe her contusions, but she was shaking a bit too much to do any good.

There were some rustling sounds coming from the area where Mutt had fallen. Then Deadeye said: "Okay, I've got his keys. Let's go."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: Can Sally see the van they are moving towards?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,No. You know it's about 15-20 yards away from you (and about 10 yards away from them).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Hearing the movement, Sally strains her eyes agains the darkness in an attempt to spot Deadeye and Nitro. With the sounds of the ruslting as a guide she is able to spot them.

OOC: Now that I have spoted them, what are the ruels from firing from the cover of a tree? What penaltuies do they ahve to hit me?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,You can see where they are, but the darkness will interfere drastically with your chance to hit. Your firearms skills are at 1/5 skill, but so are theirs (if they even see you, which they might not). Thus, your base chance with Handgun drops to 10.4%, but your +20 bonus will raise this to 30.4%, so you'll hit on a 30 or less. You can see that [b]Nitro[/b] is gripping [b]Lara[/b] with one arm and has a pistol in his free hand (and an AK-47 with a bayonet on his back), while [b]Deadeye[/b] is carrying [b]Mutt[/b]'s M-16 with the attached grenade launcher. If you fire at [b]Nitro[/b] and miss, you'll need to roll Luck to avoid hitting [b]Lara[/b], but that is not the case if you miss [b]Deadeye[/b]. If you want to shoot, go ahead and roll. If you hold your fire instead, let me know that as well.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: My shot will be a single round, or does she get a double tap? indecision is killing me! Sally has been around from the begining so I want to keep her alive but I also feel that she needs to act! Decisions, decisions....
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,It depends on the gun you're using. Your Colt .45 automatics only get one shot per round, but [b]Felice[/b]'s gun gets two shots (though they are less powerful). However, you only get one shot with that gun before the skinheads would have a chance to return fire. Then, if you survived, you would get the second shot. It's entirely up to you whether or not to act, and I'd rather that [b]Sally[/b] survives too. You do know that firing on the skinheads could have potentially fatal consequences for her, and that the odds are against her.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Hold her fire and key's her mic. She speaks quietly in the mic: "We've got you surrounded boys. I don't give a shit if you live or die, but you're not taking Laura with you in that van. Throw your weapons as far as you can towards the ranger station and release Laura. Then get in the van and get the fuck out of here."

As she speaks, Laura holsters her pistol and readies another hand grenade.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the woods-
Sally caught a glimpse of the skinheads and Lara as she peered around the edge of the tree. Deadeye ran back towards the van, though he had a somewhat obvious limp. He carried his M-16 in both hands. Nitro also looked hurt, and he held Lara with one hand and a revolver in the other as he followed closely behind. Lara appeared unhurt, but she looked terrified out of her mind. She was wearing a towel and apparently nothing else. All three of them quickly reached the van. "Nyet..." begged Lara, "please..."

Katarina's glistening eyes went wide when she saw Sally take out the grenade. "Sally, no!" she hissed. "You'll kill Lara too!"
OOC,[b]Sally[/b], if you really want to throw a grenade, roll Throw. The base skill is only 25%, and you get no bonus. If you miss, roll Luck. You may alternatively fire a shot from a pistol, but now this will be at long range for a pistol, which will halve your skill again. This means it would be divided by 10, though the +20 bonus will get you up to 25. If you spend the round getting closer, you can get to normal range for the following round. If you try this, roll Sneak. The base skill is 10%. Even if you fail, they still might not hear you.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Seeing no other options, Sally set the grenade on the ground next to her and drew Felicia's pistol. Sally took aim at Deadeye and sent two rounds at him. Both missed.

"I said drop your weapons and release Laura" Sally said into the radio. "The next ones won't be warning shots"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the woods-
Sally drew her pistol and squeezed off a round at Deadeye as he took out the keys, but the bullet went very wide.

"Get in, fast!" said Deadeye, throwing open the driver's side door.

Katarina drew Doc's gun and took a shot, missing by a hair.

Nitro leapt into the van, dragging a weeping Lara after him. Deadeye scrambled in and slammed the van's door shut. A moment later, the engine came to life. Sally took a second shot at the van, but it too missed badly. Katarina fired again, this time more accurately, but Deadeye pulled out at the right time , causing her to miss.
OOC,Since you didn't start with the pistol in your hand when this past round began, you only got one shot no matter which gun you used. However, this round you get two shots since you did have the gun in your hand now. The second shot you rolled is counted as your first shot of this round, so you only get one more shot now. Due to the darkness and the distance, you may not target a specific part of the van (such as the driver or the tires), just the van itself. You'll be lucky to hit at all. You also would not be able to use the radio while shooting, but you could certainly have shouted that loud enough for the skinheads to hear.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: Are they closer to me at all? Has my hit chance changed at all?

Sally took aim and fired one last shot at the van.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the woods-
Sally's bullet missed the van due to the lack of light, and to her dismay the van lurched off to the south and away. Its taillights dwindled into the distance and it was gone from view before Katarina could line up another shot. "No!" she cried. "Poor Lara..." The realization that they were too late filled both women with grief.

"Nyet!" came Lara's distant, dwindling scream as it faded away. "NYET! BOZHEMOI!"

Zoe's voice came from the radio: "Hey fellas! Have you released Lara? You better have. You're surrounded!"
OOC,No, because they didn't get closer to you. The only way to improve your range would have been to get closer to them, and you didn't do that. [b]Sally[/b], please roll Spot Hidden at 1/5 skill.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Damn it!" cursed Sally. "Hopefully Dan and the others can stop them. We did all that we could."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the woods-
Katarina hobbled over to Sally. "Can you help me please?" she asked. "I'm hurt."
OOC,[b]Sally[/b], don't forget that Spot Hidden / 5 roll. Also, if you want to try to treat [b]Katarina[/b]'s injury, roll First Aid. If you succeed, roll 1d3 to see how many HP she gets back.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Overcome with the gravity of what had just happened, Sally was unable to focus on spotting anything. Concerned with Katarina's injuries, she quickly set to work on healing her. The darkenss prevented Sally from being able to do the best job she could but she was able to heal some of the damage done by the fall.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

IC-SWORD-Terror By Night(Sally/Zoe/Raquel/Katarina/rangers)

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the woods-
Julie didn't see a thing. She climbed into the driver's seat, slammed the door shut, and started up the engine. She turned on the headlights, which illuminated the nearby woods, but they were empty. "I just hope we're not too late," she said to Raquel.

On the road-
Dan couldn't make out anything in the ever-present darkness. "It's not because of your radio message," said Dan. "They would have fled regardless. You and Lara shouldn't have tried to kill them when I was out of the room, though, and you definitely shouldn't have pulled a gun on Julie. Maybe we can still track them down once Julie gets back with the truck. Let's see if we can help Sally and Katarina. I hear them, over there!" He pointed to an area southeast of the ranger station. "Sally! Katarina! We're over here!" He led Zoe to the east, walking into the light cast from the station's windows.

In the woods-
Katarina couldn't see much, her vision hampered by the darkness. "Thank you," she told Sally. "I feel a little better." It was obvious that she was still in some pain, however. Then they heard Dan call out and saw him and Zoe walk into the light, stopping outside the ranger station.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Trott
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 13 years 11 months

Re: IC-SWORD-Terror By Night(Sally/Zoe/Raquel/Katarina/rangers)

Post by Trott »

"I hope so too," replied Raquel,"and I hope los pinche cabrones don't hurt her. But we must hurry, sí?"
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Re: IC-SWORD-Terror By Night(Sally/Zoe/Raquel/Katarina/rangers)

Post by Tabs »

You and Lara shouldn't have tried to kill them when I was out of the room
"Huh! You're talking bullshit. If they were homosexuals and you'd been their slave... Think on that, Dan. You'd have hollered three cheers if the evil scumbags got blown away; and rightly so!"

"Katerina, I didn't expect to see you again."

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”