IC-SWORD-Terror By Night(Sally/Zoe/Raquel/Katarina/rangers)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-SWORD-Terror By Night(Sally/Zoe/Raquel/Katarina/rangers)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day - 7:02 PM Mountain Time - Chimney Rock, western Nebraska
Outside the ranger station, ground level-
Doc helped Sally hobble the short distance from the pickup truck to the bottom of the stairs. As they arrived, the others caught up with them. Deadeye was helping Nitro limp along, Mutt was holding Katarina by the arm, and Ghost was by himself in front of them. The station was small, with steep wooden stairs that would allow two to climb at a time. The stairs led to a balcony surrounding the station itself, some twenty feet above ground level. Wooden supports kept it elevated. The station was a square building with solid glass windows all around at waist height, and the door was just opposite the top of the stairs.

In the ranger station-
Dan watched through the window as the five men and two women arrived below. Julie sat at her radio near the door, trying in vain to establish contact.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Re: IC-SWORD-Terror By Night(Sally/Katarina/Dan/Julie)

Post by ryansommer »

"Hello?" yelled Sally as they began to climb the stairs.
Voodoo
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 14 years 8 months

Post by Voodoo »

Dan Turns to Julie and Says, "Grab your weapons and get into the bedroom, I don't want them knowing there is two of us just yet, so keep the door closed and stay quiet." Grabbing his Rifle and pistol he walks to the door.

Once through the door he calls down to the group, "Not to seem inhospitable, but would you all mind leaving your weapons down there?" While formed as a request, he placed enough authority in his words to ensure it was taken as an order.
OOC,im just assuming they brought the weapons Dan has already seen since nothing was said about them leaving them.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Sally removes her .45 from it's holster and holds it up. "Can I just empty the gun and hand both to you? If things go south, and they tend to these days, I'd rather not have to run down here on my bum leg to be able to aid in the fight."
Sally ejects the magazine and empties the chamber, leaving the weapons slide back.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the ranger station-
Julie nodded and crouched low, so that she wouldn't be visible through the windows. She retrieved her bow, arrows, and pistol and slipped through the door into the bedroom, shutting it after her.

Outside the ranger station-
"Yeah, leaving our weapons down here would be a problem," Mutt, the man carrying the M-16 with the grenade launcher called up to Dan. "Judging by all the bodies lying around, you've already been attacked. We can't help defend the station if we don't have our guns. Don't worry, we have no intention of hurting you. If we did, we could have already killed you. We just need a place to stay the night, that's all."

Dan could see that they did still have their weapons. The man in scrubs only had a pistol on his belt, and the other men had pistols and a few grenades on their utility belts too. Some of them had knives too. Sally, the blonde woman, had two .45 automatics. She also had a few hand grenades on her belt. The redhead appeared to be unarmed. The man with the sniper rifle also had an M-16, though this one was without a grenade launcher. The huge man with the AK-47 had a bayonet on the end of it, and he also toted a shotgun. The last man also had an AK-47, but he had a knife on his belt rather than a bayonet. With that kind of firepower, they certainly could kill him if they felt like it.
OOC,[b]Dan[/b], roll Spot Hidden to see what else you notice.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

OOC on SH roll,IC is being screwy with me, I did my roll but get errors when going to the result screen and history screens. I went ahead and did a hand roll myself with a result of 4. Just let me know if this is ok or if you want to wait till IC stops messing up.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,That's fine, you don't need to reroll. I even found [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2265961/]your roll[/url], but it's a 74, not a 4, so it fails and you get no additional information.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

OOC,Thanks
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Sally empties her other pistol and returns them both to their holsters. She holds the magazines in her hand.
"My guns are empty, can I come up?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I could go up too," suggested Katarina. "I have no gun. I will talk to him and get him to agree to let everyone up." She fingered his collar. "I good at getting men to do what I want."

Mutt shook his head. "No, I don't trust this guy," he said. "Doc, how about you go up with her? You can leave your gun with me. I'll give it back when he lets the rest of us up."

"Sure," said Doc, handing over his pistol.

In the ranger station-
Keeping low, Julie locked the door and looked around for a hiding place, but she couldn't find a good one in this tight space. She settled for crawling underneath the bed and hoping nobody would find her if they came inside. She didn't know who was out there, but Dan was evidently worried about them, and she couldn't help being afraid too.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Sally begab to make her way up the stairs to the main level of the forrestry tower. When she was close enough for the man to hear her she smiled and said, "Thank you. My name is Sally, this is Doc." Sally extended her hand to the ranger. When she shook the man's hand, she made sure to make eye contact and motioned with her eyes back down to the main group.
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

OOC,Im gonna assume the look Sally gave Dan was pretty obvious to him and post as such until corrected if need be.
While shaking Sallys hand Dan notices the look she made. Trying not to act obvious since it probably means the pose a threat Dan replies, "Nice to meet you both, my name is Dan, Sorry about all this but even with everything going on groups armed like this tend to make me nervous." Dan steps aside to let Doc and Sally walk ahead of him towards the door. Hoping to give a friendly appearence to the rest, he gives them a friendly nod while making room for the other two to pass.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: Can the rest of the group hear normal conversation from where they are down below?

Sally continues up the stairs with a visible limp. She stumbles on the last stair, falling into Dan. She whispers to him when close: "They are rapists and murderers."
Sally leans on Doc for support: "Ugh. My leg is killing me. That car ride make it tighten up. Anyways, thanks, Dan. It's nice to meet you too. I can totally understand your nervousness." Sally says with a smile. "What if the others empy their guns like I did and put them in bag or something that you can watch. Would that work? That way we can help to protect everyone if things go south."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the bedroom-
Julie could hear voices in conversation out on the balcony, but she couldn't make out what they were saying. Still, they didn't sound loud or angry, and her fears eased a little.

"Nice to meet you," said Doc, the man in scrubs who had helped Sally up the stairs, shaking Dan's hand. When Sally whispered in Dan's ear, he heard it too. "My real name's Nathan Hill, but everyone calls me Doc. Mutt would never agree to being disarmed, even with the weapons accessible in bags. I know you're afraid, but he has no quarrel with you and no intention of starting anything. All he wants is stay here tonight and leave in the morning. I wouldn't do anything that might be construed as hostile if I were you. The guys are very jumpy. I don't think there's any way around letting them up with their weapons. As long as you don't do anything rash, I promise you'll be fine."

Down below, Mutt and his men looked around nervously while they waited for Sally and Doc to talk to Dan.
OOC,Yes, those below can still hear normal conversation. You're only twenty feet above them. If you go inside and close the door, they might still hear you, depending on Listen rolls. [b]Dan[/b], yes, you can assume that [b]Sally[/b]'s look was obvious - that was her intention. I don't think I mentioned it in the description in [b]Sally[/b]'s old thread, but there is a green pickup truck parked outside the station and a little to the north.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

"Why don't we get her in the station and we can discuss this in more detail." Dan jerks his head in the direction of station door.
OOC vision question,From their current location what are the odds of the other guys being able to see into the station?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,They're at the base of the stairs directly below the station, so they can't see inside unless they move some distance away, such as back near where they parked. They might be able to hear inside, though.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Thank" Sally says to Dan.
Talking down to the others: "Hang on, guys. We'll work something out"
Sally moves towards the door of the station.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Doc helped Sally through the door and inside the ranger station with Dan, then shut the door behind him. Katarina waited below with the men.

In the ranger station-
Three quarters of the station were taken up by the main L-shaped room. An interior door, which was closed, led to another room that occupied the last quarter. There was also a trapdoor in the ceiling of the main room that was currently open, and a ladder led up to the roof. Near the door was a desk with a shortwave radio, currently crackling with static. A closed locker stood beside the desk. In the back was a table and chairs. Doc eased Sally over there and into a seat, then sat down next to her.

In the bedroom-
Julie continued to wait nervously under the bed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Keep an eye down there to make sure they don't charge up here." Sally said to Dan as she reached out and grabbed Docs ahnd to hold it. "Doc, sweetie, I know Mutt has no quarrell with Dan, here, but you know we can't just let Mutt and his gang continue on." Gabbing his hand with both of hers, she looks into his eyes, giving him her best pupy dog look: "Please, you know we have to do something."
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

"I'm going to trust you two but please don't make me regret that." Dan said to Sally and Doc. Turning his head towards the closed door Dan continued, "Julie come on out but stay low, I think you should hear what these two have to say as well."

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”