IC-SWORD-Terror By Night(Sally/Zoe/Raquel/Katarina/rangers)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Re: IC-SWORD-Terror By Night(Sally/Katarina/Dan/Julie)

Post by ryansommer »

"I..don't know, Jason" Sally said into the radio. "When this all started, there was talk of the meteor shower and some big insects that came from them and starting killing folks. Those folks rose up and started attacking people. Now anyone that dies comes back as one of those.... things. They aren't people. They are zombies."
"Jason, is there an attick you can get into for the night? These zombies are very dangerous and could over run you very quickly."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
Deadeye maintained his watch vigilantly, looking for more zombies but not particualrly wanting to find any.

In the ranger station-
"Insects?" said Jason. "Zombies?! You mean like in those movies? I...there is an attic. I guess I could hide there until morning. Do you think it will be over by then, Sally? The government will have to send people to rescue us, right?"

"How's Nitro doing?" asked Ghost.

"Much better!" called Nitro from the bedroom.

"I'll be done in a couple minutes," added Doc.

"That's good. Maybe I should go back down and scout the area," suggested Ghost.

"I don't know," said Mutt. "That's awfully risky. It's getting darker, and you probably won't see the enemy until they're right on top of you."

In the bathroom-
Katarina Iliescu and Julie St. James,"The men, they trust me," whispered [b]Katarina[/b]. "They think I give up, but I [i]never[/i] give up. I bend, but I don't break. We need to get keys to van. [b]Ghost[/b] have them. I think [b]Mutt[/b] does too. Maybe I can get one of them to take his clothes off, then keep him busy while someone else takes keys and goes to van." "[b]Katarina[/b], I couldn't ask you to do that," said [b]Julie[/b] softly. "It nothing I haven't done many times. Only this time, I know it the last one." "But what if this doesn't work? I've done a bit of hunting, so I might be the best one to sneak out to the van with the keys. I'm terrified, but I'm willing to take the risk."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"I know, Jason, it all sounds crazy." Sally says. "I'd have said the same thing if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. As for a rescue coming, I don't know when it iwll come, but I know it will come. The government has some of the smartest people on the planet working to fix this problem. I know 'cause I met some of them. They'll figure out a way to fix this, but we have to stay alive until they do. If you can gather up any food and water that you can and quietly get into the attic you will be safe. Just be caseful and be quiet about it. Is it dark their yet? If so, wait to gather supplies until the morning. Just get into the attic and close the trap door behind you."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the ranger station-
"Yeah, it's dark," said Jason. He paused. "It's almost 9:20 here. Okay, I'll go up to the attic now. I'll talk to you in the morning on this same frequency." With that, the connection shut down.

"Sally, you ready for me to carry you up to the roof?" asked Mutt.

In the bathroom-
Katarina Iliescu and Julie St. James,"We can't stay here much longer," said [b]Katarina[/b]. "We don't want them to get suspicious." She placed her hands under the running water, then ran them over her face and neck. After that she cupped her hands, filled them with water, and greedily poured it down her throat. She hadn't realized how thirsty she had been. Finally, she shut off the water. "Okay, I'm ready. Let's go."
Katarina and Julie left the bathroom.

In the bedroom-
Katarina and Julie returned through the bedroom, where Doc was finishing up with Nitro's leg.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Voodoo
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Post by Voodoo »

Dan continues his watch, Making sure to stay insight of the van as much as possible in case an opportunity to free the girls should present itself.
Handy,Based off the vans current position how visible is it to Deadeye and the others inside the station? Also just out of curiosity what would be the penalty for trying to do a called shot of the vans door lock from my location?
As Dan passes the door to the station on his circuit of the building he sticks his head inside and says, "Everyone should try and get some sleep. We should all probably move out at first light." after that he continues on his ways.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Dan[/b] and [b]Deadeye[/b] can both see the van equally well, but with the dim light it's hard to make out details. Roll Spot Hidden at half skill to see what details you can discern. You can see enough to know that the van's side door is not visible - it is on the side facing away from the ranger station. Such a shot is impossible to make. You can see the driver's door, but the front seats appear empty.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Handy,Oh this is a van without a back door? If thats the case then never mind, I'll just have to rethink my plan.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,That's right, there's no back door. There's a side door (on the side you can't see) as well as front driver-side and passenger-side doors. Go ahead and make that Spot Hidden roll.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Spot Hidden,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2336489/]44[/url]
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Hang on a moment, Mutt" Sally said as she stood up and steadied herself by grabbing onto his shoulder. "I need to use to ladies room before I get all the way up there and end up wetting myself." With cane in hand, Sally made her way towards the bathroom.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the ranger station-
"Sure, take your time," said Mutt. "Ghost, you should head on up top first. I'll wait for her." Ghost nodded and climbed the ladder.

Sally passed Julie and Katarina on her way to the bathroom. Both women returned to the main room.

In the bedroom-
"There, all done," said Doc. He helped Nitro to his feet, and the big guy practiced walking around. His limp was now gone.

"Thanks, Doc!" said Nitro. "It's good as new."

"Next time be more careful with those rockets." He turned to see Sally enter. "Hi, Sally. I wish your injuries were as minor as his. Need any help in there?" He took her arm and assisted her to the bathroom door.

In the bathroom-
Sally entered the bathroom, which was tiny. There was little in it: a toilet, a sink, and a narrow shower stall. Two people could fit in the bathroom, but it would be a tight squeeze.

Outside the ranger station, balcony level-
Dan could not discern any more details about the van, but he saw no movement around it, or anywhere else. The light was fading even more now, and it was getting harder to see.
OOC,At this point, Spot Hidden rolls are now at 1/3 of your skill when looking further away than 5 yards from the ranger station, unless there's another light source where you're looking. Visibility is now limited to 1/3 of a mile as well.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Dan silently continues his patrol. Even though he told the others to take watches in shifts he has no intention of sleeping tonight.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Sally, hoping to have a chance to talk to Julie but missing it, uses the rest room quickly and then returns to the main room.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the bedroom-
Nitro walked back into the main room, his leg showing no signs of the earlier damage. Meanwhile, Doc aided Sally when she left the bathroom and guided her back to the main room.

In the ranger station-
"All right," said Mutt. "You girls go up next."

Julie looked uncertain, not wanting to be alone with Deadeye and Ghost, even if it was only for a minute. Katarina stepped forward and climbed the ladder first. Nitro, Doc, and Sally returned from the bedroom.

Dan continued his rounds. All remained quiet so far.

On the roof-
Ghost took Katarina by the arm and pulled her up onto the roof.

"Thank you," she said, smiling at him. "Maybe a little later we go back down together, yes?"

"Yeah," said Ghost, grinning back.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Dan heads inside and grabs a flashlight. "Im gonna take a look around my truck to make sure its still fine" Dan says as he draws his pistol and heads for the stairs.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Be careful" Sally says to Dan. "Doc, could you grab a few blankets and help me up to the roof?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
Ghost took a good look around, but he couldn't see a thing. Deadeye, however, had much better eyesight. "Movement near the van!" he reported into his radio.

"I'll check it out," said Ghost, running over to the zipline. ""Cover me!" He slid down the line with ease.

Katarina couldn't see what all the fuss was about. Nonetheless, she shivered and hugged herself.

In the ranger station-
"Yes, be careful, Dan!" said Julie. "I'll get the blankets." She rooted through one of the cabinets and pulled them out.

"Nitro, let's go," said Mutt. The two shaven-headed men ran out onto the balcony.

Doc wrapped the blankets around himself, then lifted Sally up. his muscles straining. He placed her over his shoulder in a fireman's carry and brought her up the ladder to the roof, where Deadeye and Katarina were waiting.

Dan had a flashlight in his toolkit, so he didn't need to go back inside to get one. With the light in one hand and his pistol in the other, he hurriedly descended the stairs to ground level. Mutt and Nitro emerged from the door. "Stay on the balcony and cover me," said Mutt to Nitro, who moved to the southwest corner and held his assault rifle ready. Mutt raced downstairs.

Outside the ranger station, ground level-
Mutt caught up with Dan at the bottom of the steps, gripping his M-16/203 tightly in both hands. "Stay back," he said to Dan. "This could be dangerous for you. I'll make sure it's safe."

The green pickup truck was parked where Dan had left it, near the stairs. Both he and Julie had keys to it.
OOC,[b]Dan[/b], roll Spot Hidden. Since you have a flashlight, this roll is at 2/3 skill instead of 1/3.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

"I'll go around the other side and we can flank them" Dan whispers to Mutt as he starts to circle around the opposite side of the van.
Spot Hidden,Failed
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"No, stay back," hissed Mutt, following behind Dan.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

"Are you gonna keep hounding me or help me figure out whats over there?" Dan hisses at Mutt, "We're better off going together."

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”