IC-SWORD-Terror By Night(Sally/Zoe/Raquel/Katarina/rangers)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Re: IC-SWORD-Terror By Night(Sally/Zoe/Raquel/Katarina/rangers)

Post by ryansommer »

At the top of the ladder, Sally sat on the edge of the roof. She keyed Doc's radio and spoke to Dan: "Dan, this is Sally. Are you with Jullie? Can I speak to her over the radio?"
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

Zoe carries the axe to the radio and sits down beside it. She fiddles with the radio and listens to the result.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the ranger station-
Zoe sat down in front of the shortwave radio set, placed the headset over her ears, and began adjusting the dials. So far all she heard was static.

Katarina climbed up the ladder to the roof.
OOC,[b]Zoe[/b], roll Luck.
On the road-
"I'm just about there, Sally," said Dan into his radio. "I'll put her on." He ran up to the truck and unlocked the driver's door. "Julie, Sally wants to talk to you."

"Julie, Sally wants to talk to you," echoed Julie.

Dan opened the door and held the radio to Julie's ear, concern on his face.

On the roof-
Sally heard Dan and Julie talking on the radio as Katarina joined her.
OOC,[b]Sally[/b], if you want to try to bring [b]Julie[/b] out of her temporary insanity, roll Psychoanalysis.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Zoe-
[ooc: Luck (1d100=38)]
Trott
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 13 years 10 months

Post by Trott »

Raquel looked up at Dan in panic.

"She keeps repeating things, what's the matter with her?"
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Julie, sweetie, it's Sally here." Said Sally into the radio. "Dan is with you now. You're safe. Okay? Dan is there and you're safe." Sally spoke clearly and deliberatly into the mic. Working to reassure Julie that the danger has past for now Sally was able to bring Julie out of her shock . "I need you to scoot over and let Dan bring you back to the ranger station. Okay?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Sally's words instantly brought Julie to her senses. "Thanks, Sally," she said into the radio. "I'm better now. But we've got a flat tire, and we need to change it before we can bring the truck back." She climbed out of the truck and threw her arms around Dan, pressing her head against his chest. "I was so scared, Dan."

"It's all right, Julie," said Dan, holding her and stroking her back. "Sally's right, you're safe now. I'll never let anything happen to you."

"I know. Thank you for being there. If it hadn't been for you, those maniacs would have taken me too."

"Let me take a look at this tire." Dan reluctantly disentangled himself from Julie and inspected the tire. "Yeah, that's got to be changed. Leave it to me." He took the spare tire and a jack from the back of the truck and got to work. "It'll take me about ten minutes, ladies."

"It'll take ten minutes to change the tire," Julie reported on the radio. "Maybe less if I can help."
OOC,[b]Raquel[/b], if you want to help change the tire faster, roll Mechanical Repair. The base skill is 20%.
On the roof-
Katarina breathed a sigh of relief when she and Sally heard the reply on the radio. "Julie's okay!" cheered Katarina, sitting down next to Sally. "I just hope they change the tire fast. I don't like being stuck here, and we have to rescue Lara fast."

In the ranger station-
Zoe finally heard an uncertain female voice on the shortwave with a Texas accent: "Hello? Is there anyone out there?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Yeah." Sally said. "They may need our help down there. They are exposed and I sure as hell cannot shoot this pistol that far. With my bum leg, though, I'd be screwed if we did end up in trouble down there."

Into the radio: "You guys be careful down there, okay? If you see any trouble, get your asses back here where we can help"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Katarina nodded, then held her side. "It still hurts," she said. "Can you do more for me, please?"
OOC,[b]Sally[/b], if you want to further treat [b]Katarina[/b]'s injuries, you can roll Medicine. If you succeed, roll 1d3 to see how many HP she recovers. This will take several minutes.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Sure. I will see what I can do" Sally said to Katarina. Sally sat down and worked on her leg, and was able to heal a good amount of the damage done.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Zoe speaking into the radio-

"Hi. I'm not a zombie -- obviously. Whereabouts are you?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Julie tried to help Dan with the tire, but she didn't speed things up significantly. "This is going to take a while," said Dan. "Why don't you and Raquel head back for the station where you'll be safe?"

"And leave you out here all alone?"asked Julie.

On the roof-
Sally started treating Katarina's injuries, using a combination of medication, ointment, and massage. It would take her a while to finish.

"Ahh, that feels good, thanks," said Katarina. "We need a plan to save Lara. What do you think we should do?"
OOC,[b]Sally[/b], it will take 9 more turns to finish treating her, including this one. Feel free to continue talking. I may speed things forward once [b]Zoe[/b] finishes talking on the radio.
In the ranger station-
"I'm on a boat," replied the woman, her voice frightened and alone. "I barely got out of Galveston alive. My name's Luanne. Who are you?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"You're right, we do need a plan" said Sally. "We can't stay here forever. We'll need food and water sooner or later. We could always take the radio and equipment we have and try to hold up at one of the farm houses around here. Or maybe we should stay here and just use the truck to drive to the houses and collect any and all supplies we can from them."
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Zoe-

"Hi Luanne, my name is Zoe. I'm with a few friends, holed up in woods, but we need to get away to somewhere safe."

[ooc: Does Zoe know how far it is to Galveston?]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Dan continued working on replacing the tire. Having jacked up the pickup truck, he undid the lug nuts with a wrench. He was about a third of the way done the whole job. Julie kept an eye out, her bow at the ready, while Raquel waited wordlessly.

On the roof-
"What about that military base Doc told us about before...before he...?" Katarina closed her eyes against her tears while Sally treated her injuries. "I don't know this country, so I can't find it, but maybe you and the rangers can use his instructions. But what about Lara? Every minute that passes, they get further and further away! What will they do to her in this time? And if we wait too long, we could lose her forever!"

In the ranger station-
"Hi, Zoe," said Luanne, sounding like she was starting to relax a little. "It's so good to hear another human voice. I was afraid I was the only one still alive."
OOC,Galveston, Texas is on an island in the Gulf of Mexico. [b]Zoe[/b] doesn't know exactly where she is, but Galveston is several hundred miles south of where she remembers being before she was originally captured.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Zoe-

"Oh Luanne! We are so far apart. Can you give me your boat's co-ordinates? If -- that's a big if -- we can make it to Texas, all of us can party!" Zoe says pathetically.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Texas is a long LONG way off" Sally says while working. "I can't imagine the devestation and danger around Dallas and the other big cities."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Dan finished loosening and removing the nuts, setting them in the upturned hubcap before starting to remove the flat tire.

On the roof-
Katarina sighed. "I hope they change that tire fast," she said. "I don't know how much more Lara can take. She's not tough like you, Sally. I can't imagine what she's going through." She paused in thought. "The skinheads' pickup truck is also out there somewhere."

In the ranger station-
"Oh, I'd like that, Zoe," said Luanne, "but I have to keep moving and get as far away from town as I can. I'm not even entirely sure where I am, exactly. I'm just following the coast. I'll also need to find food and water soon. I didn't have time to grab anything on my way out, and there isn't much on the boat. I'm heading south, down towards Mexico. Is it like this everywhere?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"I know Katarina. I know." Sally said solomnly. "We will do waht we can, but I am not sure we will be able to find them. We have no idea which direction they went. Once we get the truck fixed we can see about gettign the Skinheads other truck...if the keys are still here."
Trott
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 13 years 10 months

Post by Trott »

Raquel called out from the truck: "Dan, is there something I can do?"

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”