IC-SWORD-Terror By Night(Sally/Zoe/Raquel/Katarina/rangers)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-SWORD-Terror By Night(Sally/Zoe/Raquel/Katarina/rangers)

Post by Laraqua »

Katarina has a stellar idea! Her eyes flutter open again as she thinks on it.

OOC
Yes,I know the Note says Luck roll but as it's the only roll I've made for Katarina on my account, an the latest one for Katarina in general, you can tell it means Idea.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the road-
Dan got behind the wheel of the pickup truck and started up the engine while Julie got into the shotgun seat.

On the roof-
Sally finally finished her treatment of Katarina, who now felt much better.
Katarina Iliescu,[b]Katarina[/b] knew that the skinheads had left their own pickup truck around here somewhere, and two vehicles would be better than one. Three people could ride in the cab of each truck, so nobody needed to ride in the bed if they could get both trucks working. If they couldn't find keys for the skinheads' truck, [b]Zoe[/b] could probably hotwire it. If they did have two trucks, they could even split up, with one group heading off to rescue [b]Lara[/b] while the other stayed at the station or went somewhere else. There was doubtless food around here that could be foraged, and the rangers would know where to find it, as they were familiar with the area and seemed like skilled hunters. The air force base might be secure, but there was no guarantee it hadn't fallen or that outsiders would be welcomed, and travel at night would be dangerous. The ranger station was perhaps the most defensible place they could hope for in the immediate area, and it could be made even moreso by destroying the wooden stairs. They'd have to use the rope to get up and down, and it could perhaps be fashioned into a ladder. If they could find more rope somewhere, they could have both the zipline and a rope ladder.
In the ranger station-
Zoe hesitated at the ranger station's door, waiting for Raquel to reply.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Where you think bastards put their car?" asked Katarina, sitting up. "We find key on dead man, maybe? Or Zoe make car go with wires. Key better. Key not take time. We take two car if we leave or we have one car go find Lara."

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Post by ryansommer »

"We'll wait for Dan and Julie to get back before we make any plans" Sally said, laying back on the roof of the ranger station and taking a break.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Katarina gets up. "No, we check bastard body. Maybe he have something we need. Grenade hurt. Maybe break everything. We still check. I go down. You watch with gun." She'll peer out into the darkness for a moment and look for any sign of zombies before (seeing nothing) turning towards the ladder.

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Okay. I will cover you, Katarina" Sally said. "With this bad leg, I cannot move quickly so I am best used where I am up here."
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

"Good. Okay, let's do it."

[ooc: Body & keys: where's that? At the farmhouse where the truck is?]
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Tabs,Mutts body is near the ranger station where we are. There is another body in the farmhouse, as I recall.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Wait!" said Sally to Katarina. "The bodies, may be up and walking around." Sally peered into the darkness to where Mutt was killed in an attempt to verify that his corpse, was still down.
"Take a gun with you and put a bullet in Mutt's head before you do anything."
Misfit
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

Post by Misfit »

Dan starts the truck and heads back to the Ranger station. Backing it up in front of the stairs.

"Julie, let's go talk to the others and figure out a plan for rescuing Lara".
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
Sally could see nothing from the rooftop.

In the ranger station-
Katarina climbed down the ladder and entered the main area of the ranger station where Raquel and Zoe were. "The white truck was outside the house where the skinheads found us," Raquel said.

Zoe left the ranger station and led the way downstairs.

Outside the ranger station-
"Good thinking, Dan," said Julie. "We'd better be quick about it though. I don't want to think about what those scumbags are doing to her in the meantime."

Dan pulled up at the bottom of the stairs leading to the ranger station at the same time that Zoe came down them.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Misfit
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Misfit »

Dan jumps out of the truck and opens Julie's door. Zoey, let's get the truck keys off of Mutt and find that truck ASAP".
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

ryansommer,[quote="ryansommer"]Mutts body is near the ranger station where we are. There is another body in the farmhouse, as I recall.[/quote] Thanks
Zoe (with Katerina) greets Dan and Julie.
"You're gonna fetch the keys from Mutt? That is what we were about to do too. Sally advised to put a slug in Mutt's head in case his corpse is zombified -- just to be on the safe side. After, we're heading for the farmhouse, the truck and any provisions." She adds in a serious tone which is a challenge to the rangers. "Oh, by the way, we've decided to hole up in here at the ranger station. So Lara is screwed, literally -- but, she's only got herself to blame."
Misfit
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Misfit »

Dan replies, "Don't think you can show up to our, (he glances at Julie), ranger station and start taking over. We're getting those keys, we're saving Lara and you don't have to come, but don't think you're in charge of anything AND DON'T EVEN TRY TO STOP US" he returns with venom dripping from his voice.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

" Why doesn't everyone come inside so we can talk about this before we do anything" Sally said from on top of the roof. "You all are exposed down there and that is dangerous"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Katarina ignores their fight and goes in search of the keys. She doesn't think anyone will stop their fighting long enough to help her but she has long ago come to terms with the fact that no one will ever actually look away from themselves long enough to help her.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
Sally maintained her vigil, keeping an eye out below to cover Katarina.

In the ranger station-
Raquel sat down, buried her head in her hands, and began to silently cry after Katarina left.

Outside the ranger station-
Julie got out of the truck along with Dan. Katarina came down the stairs and arrived at the bottom, where Zoe and Dan were arguing. Katarina could see the chewed-up ground some ten yards away where the grenade she had thrown had detonated. Mutt's body still lay there, motionless.

"Zoe, I know you're hurt and confused," said Julie. "After what they did to you, nobody can blame you. But why are you taking this out on Lara? You were helping her try to kill the skinheads, and now all of a sudden you want to let them get away with it and leave her to her fate? It doesn't make sense. I'd have thought you'd have jumped at the chance to kill them. You don't have to come with us, and we'll make sure you can get the other truck working before we go so you have a means of travel, but please don't try to stop us. This truck is ours, and we can take it to go rescue Lara if we want."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"One truck each: one for me to fetch food and the other for you to chase after Lara, I'm happy with that."
Zoe stares menacingly at Dan: she doesn't like him.
"Yeah, I've been through hell at the hands of those skinheads. I want them dead, but also, I don't wanna go anywhere near 'em. And my beef with Lara is that she had the opportunity to blow away Deadeye and Nitro and didn't, the idiot." Zoe coughs up some phlegm and spits, then sniffs loudly.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Sally scans the area for any incoming threats. "Zoe, can we just talk about this for a moment. Arguing amongst ourselves will not help us in any way"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Katarina approaches Mutt's body, stepping around it gingerly and looking for his gun. If it was in any good condition, she could use that to shoot Mutt.

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”