IC-OMAHA-Afterschool Special(Everyone else)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Afterschool Special(Everyone else)

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

"It was Doug who killed Chuck before either one of us had a chance. He stole the keys of Law there. Sure we hurt Kyle but only to teach him a lesson. I saved his life. I will not be arrested for murder since I have not killed anyone. If you wish to try you may but I gurantee I will not go quietly and I will take some of you with me if you make a move against me."
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the security office-
"That's a damn lie!" protested Doug. "I didn't lay a finger on nobody! It was Roy who killed Chuck, and he and Darnell tried to kill Kyle! Just look at the blood on their bats. I don't even have a weapon! And Heather has the keys, not me!"

"Hey, I didn't do a thing!" said Heather. "I even opened the door to let them in!"

"How stupid do you think we are?" said Kate. "I'm taking you in. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford one, one will be appointed for you. Now drop your weapons and come along peacefully, or we will use whatever force is necessary!"

Erica began to advance on Darnell first.
OOC,We're in combat now. [b]Darnell[/b], you have the highest DEX, so you get to go first. You also need to decide now who you're going to try to parry this round. [b]Jerry[/b] and [b]Rachel[/b] don't need to decide yet, since they have Martial Arts. You may only try to parry one attack per round. If the person you choose to parry does not attack you, or misses, or attacks you in such a way that no parry is possible, then your parry is wasted.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

-Careful with Roy and Darnell, they are the killers! They are some real sick kids!
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

[OOC,Sanity 59% (1d100=89) Sanity loss (1d3=1)]
Rachel suffers a twinge of horror.

"Don't do it, Darnell! Roy! Give up."
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Handy,what number does darnell need to get to parry?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Darnell Jones,You roll against your weapon skill when parrying with it. Since you're using the baseball bat, that's 60%. If you're going to attack someone with the bat, go ahead and roll your attack now. You also need to declare who you're trying to parry now. You can go ahead and roll your parry at this time too, just in case, to speed things up.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Darnell said, "Your not sending me to jail when you would not even send Kyle to jail bitch. Come and get me!" He blocked an attempt with his baseball bat on Erica hitting him and struck her hard with the bat. He did some pretty good damage on Erica.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the security office-
Erica tried to jump back when Darnell swung at her before she could attack, but she was too slow. The wooden bat struck her square in the head, sending her reeling but failing to bring her down. She was no longer in a good position to attack, but she started to unsling the M-16 from her back to point it at Darnell.

"Yeah!" said Heather. "Like, go down, bitch!" She swung her fist at Erica in an effort to knock her out, her blow on target, and again Erica failed to get out of the way. It was a moderately strong blow that took her in the right leg. While Erica was tough, the beating was enough to send her sprawling to the floor, unconscious.

Then Roy handed his bat to Doug and darted forward quickly before Rachel could react, snatching up Erica with one arm and looping it around her neck tightly. With the other, he took the M-16. "Everyone back off and let us out!" he shouted. "Drop your weapons! Nobody try anything! Don't make me break her neck!"
OOC,[b]Rachel[/b], it's your turn to act now. Those with DEX 13 go after you do. [b]Jerry[/b] will then get to go on DEX 12. [b]Darnell[/b], you've already acted this round, so you don't get to act again yet. I'll let you know when it's your turn again.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Hand hovering by her pistol holster: "We aren't going to throw in the towel. There will be shooting, someone will die.
"Get out of the school; leave Erica; take the M-16."
Mr. Handy,Can Rachel tell if the gun is ready to fire? - Safety catch, whatever? (Personally, I wouldn't know how to fire a gun.)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the security office-
Declan stood stock still, unsure of what to do at this point. Kyle lay moaning on the floor of his cell.
Rachel Cohen,The M-16 is not quite ready to fire. [b]Erica[/b] never had a chance to disengage the safety, and [b]Roy[/b] wouldn't really be able to fire it one-handed. However, he could very easily follow through on his threat to snap her neck.
OOC,[b]Jerry Law[/b], it's your turn to act now.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Mr Handy,Can Jerry try to distract Roy by throwing the stick or try any martial art to do that?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Jerry[/b] may make an attack on [b]Roy[/b] if he wishes to do so. One way is by throwing his nightstick (by making a Throw roll). If you miss, roll Luck to see if you hit [b]Erica[/b] by mistake. A thrown nightstick does the same damage, but the damage bonus is halved, so it would do 1d6+1d2 damage in your case. This may be a knockout attempt if you declare it, which has a better chance of knocking him out. If you reduce him to 2 or fewer HP, he will be automatically knocked out, and if you do even more damage, he might die. Don't forget that [b]Roy[/b] also gets a chance to Dodge, even if you hit. Martial Arts isn't something that can be used by itself. Instead, it is used with an unarmed attack form (Fist/Punch, Kick, etc.). You may make an unarmed attack against one of those skills. If you hit, and if the number you rolled is also less than or equal to your Martial Arts skill, the base damage dice are doubled, but the damage bonus is not. Thus, a successful punch does 2d3+1d4 damage if you hit with a 55 or less (or 1d3+1d4 if you get 56-60), and a kick does 2d6+1d4. A punch may be a knockout attempt, but a kick cannot. You could also attack with the nightstick, which has the best chance of hitting, but it does not get a damage increase from Martial Arts, so it does only 1d6+1d4 damage. Swinging your nightstick can also be a knockout attempt. [b]Roy[/b] can try to Dodge any of those attacks as well. If you want to try to distract him, you could throw the stick, but not at him. You're not sure how he'd react to this, but you doubt it will distract him. He may think you were trying to throw it at him and missed. If you try this, you don't need to roll Throw, but you do need to roll Luck. One warning: if you miss [b]Roy[/b], or you fail to knock him out or kill him with one hit, he will be able to try to kill [b]Erica[/b] immediately, as he has held his attack. Remember that this is a hostage situation.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC,Can I restrain myself too, and attack if another person makes a move against Roy?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, you can hold your action too. [b]Roy[/b] wil get to act before you do in this case, however, since his DEX is higher.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC,OK!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the special projects lab-
"Anyone who wants to go with Officer Wheeler will be free to do so," said Adler. "Keep in mind that you'll miss at least part of tonight's dinner celebration."

"I'm curious to find out what's going on out there too," said Diana, "but I don't want to miss the dinner. I guess Kate will tell us what happened when she gets back."

On the roof-
Adam headed over to the southeast corner of the roof, where he could see the car and the injured people below. Dr. Saunders was visible approaching the vehicle, and the scientists weren't that far behind her.

In the rear parking lot-
The scientists, Michelle, and Michiko all ran around the northeast corner, following Dr. Saunders.

In the construction area-
As the scientists and those with them entered the construction area, they could see a somewhat battered 1965 Ford Mustang resting not far from the southeast corner of the school building. It looked like it had torn a large hole in the fence. Its occupants were clearly badly injured, but most of them were conscious, if a bit bloody. Dr. Helene Saunders ran ahead to help them.

Outside the school-
As Dr. Saunders arrived, she could see that Emilio was in the driver's seat, leaning over to the shotgun seat and helping Tiny, who was in Emily's lap. Donald Woodridge was helping Emily, who was just coming to her senses. Keith sat in the back seat, and an unfamiliar Chinese-looking teenager was next to him, still unconscious.

"Geez, what happened?!" asked Dr. Saunders.

"I was going to ask that," muttered Emily. "Where's my son? Is he all right?" She glared at Emilio. "You're fixing this car, on your own time. And you're not allowed to drive any more."

"Let me look at the kid in the back," said Dr. Saunders. "I'm an astrophysicist, not a medical doctor, but I'll do what I can. The real docs are not far behind me," She pointed north to the construction site.

In the security office-
Kate held herself back and nodded in agreement with Rachel's terms. Doug led the way past them and around the corner. "Let's blow this joint, mon," he said as he headed to the lobby, still clutching the bat and looking as if he were daring anyone to get in his way.
OOC,It's [b]Darnell[/b]'s turn to act first now, as a new round has started. Combat may be over, depending on how things unfold.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Darnell said, "Roy and Heather lets go now!" He pushed past the group blocking the way.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the security office-
Heather took the M-16 from Roy and flicked off the safety, covering the adults while Roy dragged Erica past them. "She stays with us until we're safely away," said Roy. "Nobody try to follow us - or else! Everyone stay in this room for at least five minutes." He hauled Erica around the corner, followed by Heather, who walked backwards, still pointing the assault rifle into the security office as she retreated to dissaude anyone from coming after them.
OOC,[b]Rachel[/b] and [b]Jerry[/b], you may both act freely now. Combat is over provided neither of you tries to stop or follow them. Both of you roll Listen. You may also attempt a First Aid roll if you wish to try to treat [b]Kyle[/b]'s injuries. If one of you succeeds, he gains 1d3 HP. He only has one untreated injury, so if one of you succeeds, the other can't help any further.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC,I'l pass, I will probably kill Kyle!
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

[OOC, Listen 27% (1d100=9)]

"Those scum will do as they say and leave Erica, I hope."

As soon as they are out of sight Rachel will follow them.

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”