IC-OMAHA-Secrets(Emilio/Emily/Tiny/John Lee/Keith/Donald)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Secrets(Emilio Montoya/Emily/Tiny/John Lee)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Listen, things are not the sunny side up, now. Chuck is locked up, yes. We have not the power to bust him out, unfortunately. But maybe we can find something here in his stash to bargain for his release with. He is a good man to have by ones side and I´m not truly sure the zombie-things are dealt with, just quite yet.
Let me see what he´s been saving for a rainy day and bring that to the negotiation table. Then we head for the school and say that we´re willing to help - but, that we need Chuck to get the rest of the things. He´s a devil on negotiating so he will do his part, no doubt. The sheriff will have to look the other way as the country obviouslu is in a state of war. Normal laws don´t apply, untill it all blows over. If it does... And by then we´ll be somewhere safe. Just help me out, please Mrs Lubachek?"
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Emilio[/b], roll Persuade. The base skill is 15%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Spoiler:
LOL... hold thumbs... 12 !!!
Emilio looks for a reassuring glance in Mrs Lubacheck´s eyes...
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

He shouts after the new arrival, John Lee. "Hey, kid! Get back in here!"
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-OMAHA-Secrets(Emilio Montoya/Emily/Tiny/John Lee/Keith)

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the auto body shop-
"No, wait, we're coming out!" called Emily. "Okay, Montoya, we'll try it your way. We don't need to waste time going down there and looking through the stuff, though. I know there are guns, ammo, medical supplies, and food and water. That's plenty to offer. After you two fixed the generator and saved all our asses, I can't believe what those ingrates did to my son. They owe us one, and that's a bargaining chip too. We need to head over there now and negotiate his bail. If they still won't let him out, then we'll have to try Plan B. Come on, let's go. I'm going to need you to back me up if things go south." She tugged on Tiny's leash and pulled the dog outside.

Oustide the auto body shop-
John was standing watch outside when he heard a male voice calling: "Oi, over here!" from across the street. A young man about his own age was emerging from a hole in the school's perimeter fence, waving and patting his jacket.

Emily and Tiny emerged from the shop. Emily waved to the youth across the street. "Keith!" she called. "Stay there, we're coming over! Chuck and I need your help!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"That´s settled, then. So we should get some of the guns in the car just in case, we´d need them for a reason or another..." Emilo adds when they are all outside spotting the boy, Keith.
TVblog

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

Image "Yeah, sure thing," says Keith Stewart.
Holding out a pack of Newport cigarettes: "Anyone need a smoke?"
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"No thanks, I´m trying to quit. Besides, the area is full of flammable fluids, so I´d put away the lighter, Keith." To Emily, he says, "Listen, if things go wrong, we should load up with a few samples of medicals and arms to show what we´re good for. And if plan B comes in view we´d need them anyway. Shall we bring the items?"
TVblog

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Keith is frozen, his arm outstretched holding the cigarettes, "Just being friendly," he says, mumbling.
"Arms? That sounds interesting, can I lend a hand? You lot have no idea what it's like inside the school: boring as hell - they may as well be zombies, ha-ha!"
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Montoya studies the newcomer. Apparently Mrs Lubacheck knows this Keith character. John Lee, on the other hand, is another matter. "Sorry for being blunt. Just don´t want my Mustang to go up in smoke. We have the means of escaping this hell-hole of a place. We´ve got to pick someone up first. We got all the things we need to get to a secluded place and ward off them infected people. Hey, I had my hands full of one gal´s brains in there." He motions at the school building across the road. "Keith, do you know this guy, John Lee? You´re the same age, right?"

To the offer to assist in lugging parts of the stash Emilio replies, "Yeah, that would be just what the doctor ordered. The three of us could get the things in the car then we should get out of here."
TVblog

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Mr. Handy/Syrinx,Does Keith know John Lee?
Keith puts away his smokes.
"Escape! I like the sound of that. I'll help... and if you can squeeze me in to your Mustang - that would be a damn fine thing.

"Who are you gonna pick up?"
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Keith, Handy:
Spoiler:
Well, they must have seen each another. One year apart, aiming for journalism respectively law. They´re bound to have had some courses together, right?
"Hmm, we´re getting her pretty loaded now. Maybe if we can put a trailer behind her. A really odd thing would be to fasten the toll truck to the Mustang with a winch and toll the toll truck. This baby may just have the torque to pull it off. That way we can get more people along comfortably. And the equipment. Now, we have one spare seat. Unless someone fancies adding some weight to the trunk."

Emilio lets Mrs Lubacheck reveal any more on the mission at hand.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Actually, [b]Keith[/b] and [b]John[/b] have never met before. There's a reason for that, but you don't know it yet. I'll have [b]Emily[/b] and [b]John[/b] speak when I update, which should be on Sunday.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside the auto body shop-
"I don't think we should bring the guns from down there," said Emily. "They might land Chuck in more trouble and raise all sorts of questions about where he got them. Medical supplies we could bring, but I don't know if we have time to go down and haul them up. We might not even need them, so best not to show what we have unless we need to. I'm hoping we can talk them into letting Chuck out without having to cough up any goods. After all, the school does owe him for the repair work. That should suffice for bail, but if not, Chuck and I can offer more. I say we head over to the school now before something happens to him. We have enough guns on us for protection anyway. I've got my revolver, and here's Chuck's shotgun." She offered it to Emilio, along with the extra shells. "Here, you can use these if you need 'em, but give them back to Chuck once we get him out. Keith, are you packing? I'm not so sure about leaving town. The dead are all around, but we seem to be safe from them in this area. If we do have to go, I know a place."

"I'm not from around here," said John Lee, "I'm from Cheyenne - long story, and it sounds like we don't have time for it."

"I don't know you well enough to give you a gun, but you've got that tire iron, and I'm sure you can pull some Jackie Chan moves too."

"What, you think that just because I'm Chinese, that means I have to be a martial artist?"

"You mean you're not?"

"No, I am, as it happens. But you shouldn't just assume."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Well, the fastest way is to take the Mustang..." Emilio says as he accepts the proffered shotgun. He gets over to the driver´s seat and fires up the engine. "Hop in, guys! School´s next!" The extra shells he puts in his jacket pocket. He pushes in first gear and rolls out to the waiting trio.
TVblog

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

To Emilio: "Hell yeah! A mustang hooked up to a trailer, with me in it and armed to the teeth - literally riding shotgun."

To Emily: "Packing a weapon? No. What ya got?"
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Back to school! I just got out the fence!"
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Just the ´65 - for now. Let´s drive over there!" Emilio pops the passenger´s door for the others to enter through. "Boys in the back, ladies up front."
TVblog

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Keith eagerly clambers into the mustang.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside the auto body shop-
"I could lend you Chuck's knife," said Emily to Keith, "but you'd have to give it back once we get him out."

John Lee climbed into the back of the Mustang after Keith slid over. Then Emily pushed the shotgun seat back and got in the front, and Tiny jumped into her lap. She closed her door as Emilio pulled out, driving across the street.

Outside the school-
Emilio drove up to the southeast corner of the fence. The main entrance in the middle of the south side was fully barricaded, but the fence had holes in it at the southeast corner that someone could fit through. He had used one of these holes, which had been torn in the fence by the zombies, to leave the school and go over to the garage.
OOC,[b]Emilio[/b], if you want to drive through the fence to get to the school quickly, roll Drive Auto. If you want to park here and go through the fence on foot, there's no need to roll anything.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”