IC-OMAHA-Secrets(Emilio/Emily/Tiny/John Lee/Keith/Donald)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Secrets(Emilio Montoya/Emily/Tiny/John Lee/Keith)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Emilio attempts the tight squeeze through the hole in the fence. He grimaces as the jagged edges of the wire fence tear up the paint. "I´ll have it airbrushed in Vegas, after all this is over..." He drives across the school yard to the main entrance and honks the horn twice.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The car will never fit through the holes. Instead what you're doing is crashing through the fence to make a hole big enough to fit. You may lose control of the car due to that failed roll, so you won't necessarily get where you want to go, but you know that the front doors have been barricaded too. There are no other entrances on the south side of the building.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Handy:
Spoiler:
Skidding through, tearing up the fence, coming to a stop... Emilio, should the Mustang be operational, drives left on the school yard to ge access to the auditorium doors.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

To Emily:
"Yeah, a knife'll be sweet!"

In the mustang:
"Whooa cowboy!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside the school-
Emilio smashed through the fence and fishtailed badly - very badly. He completely lost control of the car, which rolled over several times before landing on its wheels again a short distance southwest of the school building. Fortunately he had not been driving very fast. The car was moderately damaged. Keith was badly injured, and Emily was knocked unconscious. Tiny was horribly crushed, and he too passed out. Emilio was also severely hurt and knocked out, and John Lee cried out in pain. He fought to stay awake, but blackness barely overtook him.
OOC,[b]Keith[/b], roll CON x 5 to stay conscious. If you succeed, you may attempt to use First Aid on one person this round (the base skill is 30%, and it restores 1d3 HP and wakes the person up if you succeed), or you may do something else.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

ooc:
Spoiler:
Jees! What a crash! Well, that´s for succeeding in the other thread :( .
Coming to, Emilio moans and tries to move. His chest aches and he feels something wet all over his face. "F***! That hurts..." He tries to see through the red haze and attempts to open the door to get out. "We must... get the others... out of before...it blows..."

As he moves in his seat he tries to see who was helping him, barely making the recognition of Keith, he mumbles a "Thank you man... Shit, shit, shit!"
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Outside the school-
Once Emilio came to his senses, he realized that the car was in much better shape than its passengers. It had luckily landed on its four wheels, and while it was damaged, it could still be driven. The fuel lines had not leaked either. Classics like the Mustang were not as fragile as modern cars, and they didn't build them like that any more. Of course, they weren't building any cars any more. It would take several hours to smooth out all the dents and restore the vehicle to pristine condition, but it would drive okay for now, provided it sustained no further damage.

Emily, Tiny, and John all remained unconscious, but their injuries were not life-threatening.
OOC,[b]Emilio[/b] and [b]Keith[/b], you may each act now. If you wish, you may roll First Aid to attempt to heal 1d3 damage on the person or dog of your choice and awaken whoever it is. [b]Emilio[/b], you have the option of driving the car wherever you wish to go instead. You do not need to roll anything now unless you ram the fence a second time, but I think you've learned your lesson, and you're already inside the fence anyway. Besides, when you're ready to leave, you may drive through the conveniently car-shaped hole in the fence. Yes, the crash was bad, but it could easily have been a lot worse. The damage rolls were on the high side (except on the car itself), and there were a couple of failed shock rolls to boot. It's a good thing you weren't going fast, or there would have been fatalities! It's also lucky that [b]Keith[/b] remained awake.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Seeing that the car is not in such bad shape as he first figured Emilio starts to see what he can do for Emily. Trying to assess her wounds, he tries to stop the bleeding.... Unfortunately he´s better with engines than wounds. Doing the best he can he shakes Lubacheck, "Mam?! How are you? We´re getting Chuck out!" "Do you see if you can get John up, Keith?"
TVblog

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Yeah, I'll try my First Aid magic on John.
"Emilio: you are one crazy dude! - I wish, now, I had stayed in school and risked Amelia's gumbo hotpot."
OOC,Invisible Castle is down.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,You don't have to wait for it to come back up. You can go ahead and use an alternative roller or real dice.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Fumble, fumble.

[First Aid 51%]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-OMAHA-Secrets(Emilio/Emily/Tiny/John Lee/Keith/Donald)

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the construction area-
Donald Woodridge ran around the northeast corner and through the construction area on the east side of the school. From here he could see a 1965 Ford Mustang stopped a short distance southeast of the school. He could see Emilio and Keith inside trying to revive Emily Lubachek and a Chinese-looking teenager he didn't recognize. Tiny, the Rottweiler, lay in Emily's lap.
OOC,[b]Donald[/b], you may reach the car this round, but you may not also apply First Aid yet.
Outside the school-
John Lee and Emily still did not respond. Donald came into view to the north, heading in the car's direction.
OOC,It's not a fumble, just a normal failure. [b]Keith[/b] and [b]Emilio[/b], you may each try First Aid again once or do something else.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald was told of an accident, so he tried to take in the whole of the situation before he got up to the vehicle to see if there was a second vehicle involved, if gas were leaking, or if there were any other enviornmental dangers. "What happened here?" the janitor asked as he approached. "I'd ask if everyone is alright, but obviously Emily seems in bad shape. Is anyone else in need of medical attention?"
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Hi, Donald! Reckless driving on my part. The gas tank is not damaged, so don´t worry about that. She´s just a bit bruised. This lady is worse off. "His second attempt on stopping the bleeding [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2339959/]was as bad as the first.[url] "Yes, you can see if you can get the bleeding to stop here. I´m having no luck at finding the source. "We´re coming here to get Chuck out of the arrest and to see if ya´ll needed transport somewhere. I got this baby to run so we´ve the means to go places."
TVblog

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Seems to me," Donald says as he pushes in toward the injured lady, "this place is safer than venturing abroad. That EMP device is keeping the dead down." He tore the clothes away from the wound to expose the injury. "Here's the problem," Donald said as he applied direct pressure to the wound. "She's going to need better medical attention, but I think we can patch her up." Using bandages or just the clothing he had ripped off the woman, he bandages her up and stops the bleeding. "Can you help me move her back in so we can get a doctor to take a look at her?"
Mr. Handy,the image I used for Donald disappeared. So please use the link I provided above.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I specifically said that you [b]can't[/b] use First Aid yet. I'll save that roll for next round, but for now [b]Emily[/b] is still unconscious.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Image Keith double-takes Donald: "What the f..." He chirps, "How's Miss Daisy doin', Donnie?" Keith's specialities are rude and innapropriate comments.

Thinking about the car crash victims. "I'm crap at First Aid. Tell me what to do that will be of use."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald lifted his eyebrow to Keith and suggested, "Charm school?"
First aid fubar,Sorry bud. That was like 2 days ago... I can't remember 15 minutes ago. All I remembered was you said [i]something[/i] about first aid, so I didn't want to keep you waiting.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I have a similar problem. I always reread the previous posts before replying to them.
Outside the school-
Donald arrived at the Mustang and began to look Emily over. Her wounds were severe, but he knew he should be able to get her stable. Tiny, the Rottweiler in her lap, was injured almost as badly. The Chinese teenager didn't look too bad, at least compared to the others.

Those who were conscious could see Dr. Helene Saunders running around the northeast corner of the school and through the construction area. She would arrive in a minute or so.
OOC,[b]Donald[/b], you've already succeeded at your First Aid roll. Just roll 1d3 to see how many HP [b]Emily[/b] recovers. [b]Keith[/b] and [b]Emilio[/b], you may each try First Aid on someone unconscious again if you wish.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”