IC-OMAHA-Homecoming(Tariq/Ali/Lori/Alvin/Murray)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-OMAHA-Homecoming(Tariq/Ali/Lori/Alvin/Murray)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day - 5:05 PM Central Time - Near Tariq and Erin's House, Omaha, Nebraska
On the street-
Tariq al-Tikriti led the way through the streets of Omaha toward his family's house. His son Ali rode alongside him on his bicycle, and Lori Desmond walked behind them. Bringing up the rear were the homeless man Alvin Drummond and his canine companion Murray. Their journey through Omaha had been uneventful. There had plenty of dead bodies lying around, but no moving ones. Now the small group was entering the block where Tariq's house stood.
OOC,Everyone roll Spot Hidden. If it's not listed on your character sheet, the base skill level is 25%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Homecoming(Tariq/Ali/Lori/Alvin/Murray)

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Maybe it was because he was tired or maybe it was because it was getting late or even maybe it was cause he had not had a drink to steady his nerves in 24 hours but Alvin did not spot a thing.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Tariq wonders about looting the dead. Normally he would think it could wait, but now, he isn't sure. Still, he has more important things to do.
OOC,I was going to roll Spot Hidden, but I.C. is frozen on this computer.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

OOC,now I'm getting a server error for I.C. :(
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the street-
The street was familiar to Ali, but he didn't notice anything either. Nor did Lori, who had never been here before. Murray, however, was very observant. He pointed ahead with a paw, in the direction of Tariq's house, and yipped excitedly.

"Tariq!" came the voice of a woman that both he and Ali recognized as that of Tariq's wife, Erin Halloran. It came from the direction of their house. "Ali! We're up here! The ladder has fallen!"

"Tariq, old friend!" added a male voice. "It is I, Samir Hossein! I am glad to see that you have survived this day of days!"

"Hello!" called another man, whose voice none of them were familiar with.
Tariq al-Tikriti,The first man's voice and name are unfamiliar, but the phrase "day of days" is one that he knows instantly. It is the recognition phrase by which he would know his handler.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"Samir! It is always a pleasure to meet you, especially now!" Tariq calls up as he lifts the ladder into position.

"I think it might be safest if I got my firearms from inside the house before anything has a chance to go wrong. Feel like coming down to join me, or is it safer up there?"
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Alvin stood with his back to the house carefully keeping watch on the street
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the street-
Tariq led the way down the block to his house. As the group got closer, everyone could see three people on the roof: a woman in her late thirties who wore a business suit and two Middle Eastern-looking men. One of them was young, and the other, who had identified himself as Samir Hossein, was about forty.

The young man on the roof turned to Samir and said something else.

When Tariq arrived, he found the ladder lying on the ground on the front lawn, among dozens of dead bodies. He picked it up and righted it, leaning it against the front of the house.
OOC,Everyone is moving to the following thread. Roll Listen in the new thread to see if you overheard what the man said to [b]Samir[/b].
Family
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”