IC-GOLD-Once More Into the Breach(Everyone else)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Re: IC-GOLD-Once More Into the Breach(Everyone else)

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen continues to try to treat Keith. Lt. Evans, has the civilian cooperated? I am so sick of this bullshit.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
"If you surrender the weapon, you won't be harmed or punished in any way," said Lt. Evans, fast getting exasperated herself. "At least take the radio and talk to Captain Johansen." She spoke into her own radio. "Sir, he hasn't cooperated yet. I'm going to try one more time to get through to him."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Post by ryansommer »

"Captain," Frank said. "We have more pressing matters to deal with. If you're so concenred about them, let them leave the base for Christs sake! All they want to do it protect themselves and those around them."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
When Colin still declined to speak to Captain Johansen, the sniper raised his M-24 and took aim at his right arm. David backed away very quickly.

"Colin, please!" begged Lisa Crow. "Just do what they say!"
OOC,[b]Colin[/b], if you wish to shoot at this time, you will not be able to aim at a particular part of someone's body and shoot before the sniper is able to fire, but you can fire first if you roll for a random hit location. You are at normal range, and you may fire either a single shot or a burst of 3 bullets. Firing a burst will give you a +20 bonus to your Rifle skill, and if you hit you'll roll 1d3 to see how many bullets hit. Each bullet gets a separate 1d20 roll on the hit location table.
In the intake area-
Lt. Gomez and Airman Rourke rushed outside with the gurney and the cart.

Outside the clinic-
Lt. Ellison helped Captain Johansen with Keith. It was a delicate operation, but they were making good progress. Lt. Gomez and Airman Rourke arrived with the medical supplies, and Amanda Deeds hurried around the corner. "Keith!" she cried, filled with anguish. She had already lost one son today, and she wasn't about to lose another. "Let me help. I was a battlefield nurse in Vietnam, and I have a lot of experience. And he's the only son I have left."

On the south side of the building, Airman Simpson scrambled up the ladder.

On the fire escape-
Gary Simpson clambered onto the landing, where Robert and Beth stood.
OOC,It will take 3 more turns to finish treating [b]Keith[/b] (2 if [b]Amanda[/b] succeeds at her Medicine roll).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen nods at Amanda. Okay, we need all the help we can get. He snatches his radio up and radios Lt. Evans. He's not responding. Try to disarm him, and if that fails, shoot him in the fucking leg. I'm sick of this shit.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Colin snarled at Lt Evans and said "fuck you all." He threw the gun down on the ground and walked to the ladder to go down.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Captain Johnson" Frank said, "THe civillians clearly want to leave. Just let them go if they want to."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
Everyone breathed a collective sigh of relief when Colin dropped the weapon. "He put down the M-4, sir," said Sara as she hurried over and picked it up. "He's heading down the fire escape now."

On the fire escape-
Gary Simpson stopped on the landing when he saw Colin coming down from the roof. He tensed up until he saw that the man was unarmed. He waited with Robert and Beth as Colin reached the landing.

Outside the clinic-
"Oh, Keith," cried Amanda, "I'm so sorry." She did her best to help him, but she was a little too distraught to be of much aid.
OOC,It will take two more turns to finish treating [b]Keith[/b], including this one.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Lt. Evans, stop and detain him. Nobody is leaving the clinic. Captain Johansen continues to treat Keith.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"What good it detaining him going to do?" Frank said in disgust. "Can't you see that these people want to leave? They don't want to be trapped and inprosoned by a bunch of personell that have no idea what's going on out there."

"Let them leave."
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: Does Frank know where the civilians vehicles are being help? Where their weapons are?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Frank[/b] does not know where the vehicles and equipment were taken, but he is stationed at Warren AFB and has some idea of where they [i]might[/i] have been taken.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Handy,Are their gurney's/beds with straps on them? For, perhaps, restraining someone?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Lt. Gomez[/b] and [b]Airman Rourke[/b] brought out one gurney (for [b]Keith[/b]) - it's currently with you, on the west side of the clinic, near the southwest corner. There are additional gurneys inside.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Colin started walking fast toward Captian Johnson.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
"On my way, sir," said Sara Evans. She hurried to the fire escape and began climbing down the ladder.

On the fire escape-
"Hold it!" said Gary Simpson, grabbing for Colin as he tried to get past him and climb down to ground level. Lt. Evans was climbing down the ladder from the roof to the landing. Robert and Beth tried to stay out of everyone's way.
OOC,[b]Gary Simpson[/b] succeeded at a Grapple roll (40% roll vs. 45% skill). [b]Colin[/b], if you want to resist, you may attempt to parry his Grapple with a Grapple of your own. If that fails, you may choose to try a Dodge roll. If you decide not to try to Dodge, you may make an unarmed attack instead. If you hit and he fails to parry, you'll break his grip. If you're trying a punch or a head butt, you may make this a knockout attempt. If you successfully parry or dodge, you break his hold and could have gotten down the ladder if you wish, in which case you can make it to the west side of the clinic this round. You may also choose to remain on the landing and make an attack of your own. Since you and [b]Gary Simpson[/b] both have the same DEX, roll 1d100 for initiative to see who goes first. I rolled for [b]Gary[/b] and got a 53, so if you roll less than that, you can go ahead and make a second action before he gets to act. If you roll more, you'll have to wait until he goes again after taking your first action. If you roll exactly 53, roll another 1d100 and I'll reroll for him.
Outside the clinic-
"It was my fault," said Lt. Ellison, shaking her head as she helped Captain Johansen. "I'm sorry, ma'am. I thought he was one of them."
OOC,It will take one more turn to finish treating [b]Keith[/b] to the point where he can be moved.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

occ,rolled on own die as IC is still down. For Grapple roll got a 38
Colin did not like being grabbed and successfully broke out of the hold he was in. He then climbed the rest of the way down the ladder and got to the west side of the clinic.
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen turns to Airman Hodges. Airman, I'm really getting tired of this shit. Our orders are to keep the civilians here and keep them safe. They have been safe, the only injuries coming when they didn't listen to instructions. I'm not going to let these people wander out and get killed. Do something useful and go and help Lt. Evans with Mr. Lewis. Please.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"You're more delusional than I thought if you really think you can protect them by shepparding them into a room and making them wait around as we are attacked again and again." Frank shot back. "These people want to fight! They want to protect themselves and even help to protect us. They've lost everything they have, including family, and you're taking away the one thing they have right now: their ability to fight back."
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Hmm, let's see. Oh, the first thing one of them did when he got a gun was point it at my soldiers. When they disobeyed orders and tried to flee, they got hurt by their own actions. We've not lost a single civilian, a bit more than I can say about you and your team.

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”