IC-GOLD-Once More Into the Breach(Everyone else)

As day gives way to night, time may be running out for the human race. Warren Air Force Base is still in human hands, but there is a crisis within and what's left of the world risks plunging into nuclear chaos. A small group of captive women hopes desperately to escape from their cruel captors, while another woman is undercover amongst them. Two park rangers at a station near Chimney Rock prepare to weather the night. In a convenience store south of Ogallala, tensions are high as employees, survivors, and criminals try to survive the night. In Omaha, scientists may have won humanity a reprieve, but at a high cost. The zombie outbreak appears to have ended there, but there are still dangers. Will Omaha be a bastion for survivors, or will it descend into anarchy?

Moderator: Mr. Handy

kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Re: IC-GOLD-Once More Into the Breach(Everyone else)

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen nods to Hodges. Good idea Airman. Don't go inside, let's just make sure we got all them.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Colin safed his weapon but kept it at a ready
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
Sara breathed a sigh of relief and turned around to see Colin toting the M-4. "Sir, give me that weapon," she said.

The sniper looked around carefully in all directions. "Looks like we're clear," he reported over the radio. "Wesson bolted inside, and Senior Airman Wu followed him. I don't know where they are now. Lt. Evans is still up here, but a couple of the civilians went down the fire escape, and one of the ones on the roof picked up Wu's dropped weapon."

On the fire escape-
Melinda climbed down to ground level.
OOC,I'm assuming you're still climbing down as you stated earlier, as I waited a day and you did not change your action, though you did log in. If you'd rather wait on the landing, please let me know and I'll edit.
Outside the clinic-
Johansen, Coltrane, Hodges, and Simpson made their way back across the parking lot until they could see inside the Stryker. There was nobody else within it, either living or undead. The SFs M-16s were inside the crew compartment, as they had dropped them when they died in the crash. Hodges still had a 3/4-full magazine.

Keith came racing from around the southwest corner and hurried past the entrance.

In the intake area-
The gunfire had stopped, but the people standing guard with their weapons trained on the entrance were still jumpy. When Keith came rushing by without warning, they reacted instinctively. Lt. Doolittle was about to open fire with her MP-5, but she recognized the fact that Keith was alive. "Hold your fire!" she cried. But Lt. Barbara Ellison had already fired a shot, mistaking the speedy blur for another zombie and acting on instinct in a split second. Her aim was perfect, and the bullet struck him right between the eyes, knocking him off his feet.
OOC,[b]Keith[/b], roll CON x 5 to stay conscious.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen snaps around hearing the gunshot. He radios his soldiers. Lt. Doolittle, Ellison, someone tell me what the hell just happened? Lt. Evans, get that damn gun from that civilian! Tell him if he doesn't give it back he will be punished severely. Hodges, get back there and help them regroup. Simpson go assist Lt. Evans. Coltrane, we're going to try and move the stryker so it blocks the front entrance, understood?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the intake area-
"Oh God!" cried Barbara, already racing for the spot outside where Keith had fallen. "Sir, I'm so sorry!" she said into the radio. "One of the civilians came running past the entrance...I thought he was one of those things. I think he'll live, but he could use your help, sir." Lt. Gomez was well past her and already out the door.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen kicks the ground in frustration. Son of a bitch! I'm on my way! Coltrane just... just make sure nothing sneaks up on us, okay? If you can try to get the Stryker moving. He slings the rifle and runs towards the vestibule.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I just realized that [b]Keith[/b] should have a chance to throw himself flat. Go ahead and roll Dodge. If you succeed, I'll go back and edit.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

OOC,So I dond't need to say: "Keith! NOOOOO!"
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Colin shook his head, "THis is my rifle now. You can only get it from my cold dead hands and since the dead tend to rise up after death it may be a while before you get it girly. It also seems you millitary types are killing off civilans so I will take people with me before I go." He made sure he kept his back to the edge of the roof so he could not be sneaked up on.
Last edited by Mr Zombie killer on Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: Shoot. I should have been more clear. I using the Intake Area to describe what side of the building I was running to. I was not running into the intake area.
I am hoping that I don't need this Dodge roll, but here it is
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,If you were running to that side of the building, I'm afraid you'd still have crossed the line of fire. The main entrance leading to the intake area is on the west side, at the southwest corner of the building. You would have run past it after rounding the corner, and the failed Luck roll is enough to ensure you'd be considered as a target. The natural 1 will hit no matter what the circumstances, provided you're visible. The difference is that you fell outside the entrance instead of inside of it. [b]Keith[/b], you can go ahead and roll CON x 5. [b]Captain Johansen[/b], [b]Gary Simpson[/b], and [b]Frank Hodges[/b] (and [b]Keith[/b], if you stay conscious), you may roll First Aid or Medicine this round if you wish to treat his wound. If one of you succeeds, roll 1d3 to see how many HP he gets back. Only one success can restore HP for each skill, so you might want to have [b]Hodges[/b] roll First Aid first, and then [b]Johansen[/b] can try Medicine if the first roll succeeds, or First Aid if it fails. [b]Lt. Gomez[/b] has also made it outside and will be able to help in my next update. And [b]Melinda[/b], you can go ahead and say your line.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Keith! NOOOOO!
She runns as fast as she can, she embrace him and starts crying.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Keith groans and writhes in agony on the ground. Despite his pain, he was able to remain conscious.
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen skids to a halt infront of the prone Keith. Oh, you idiot! He quickly checks out the head wound and manages to patch him up a bit.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
"Keith!" screamed Amanda. She hurried down the fire escape towards her son. Robert and Beth went with her.

"Girly?!" said Sara. "Look, Mr. Lewis, what happened down there was a terrible accident. Nobody is intentionally shooting civilians. I must remind you that you are under military command, and I am giving you a direct order to surrender your weapon. If you do not comply, you will be severely punished." She spoke into her radio. "Sir, he says he will only give it up when he is dead, and he will take people with him before he goes. I don't think he's all that stable, sir. What are your orders if he continues to refuse?"

The remaining sniper looked nervously at Colin, holding his M-24 ready but not yet pointing it at him.

On the fire escape-
Amanda, Robert, and Beth reached the landing. "I'm sure they can save him," said Beth, putting a comforting hand on the old woman's shoulder.

"I hope so," replied Amanda, "but they can't even save themselves, it seems."

"It's just as well we got out of there," said Robert. "This could end very badly."

In the intake area-
Barbara raced outside, putting her pistol on safety and back in her holster.

Outside the clinic-
Lt. Gomez joined the captain and tried to help him with Keith. "I don't think I'm good enough to remove the bullet, sir," he said. "I wouldn't advise moving him yet." Barbara hurried up to join him, out of breath. "I'm so sorry," she said, kneeling beside Keith. "I thought you were one of them. I'm going to try to make it right." Melinda arrived as well. "Ma'am, I'm sorry. Please give him some space, and give us room to work. We're going to save him."

Coltrane got behind the wheel of the Stryker and shifted the gear into reverse, then backed up. The controls responded slugglishly, but he was still able to drive it slowly. He straightened out the vehicle, shifted into low gear, and pulled forward somewhat, but he had to stop. "The Stryker can still be driven," he said into his radio, "but we can't block off the entrance until Mr. Deeds can be moved out of the way."

Simpson raced around the southeast corner of the building, heading for the fire escape so he could get up to the roof to help Lt. Evans as he'd been ordered.
OOC,[b]Captain Johansen[/b], since your First Aid roll was less than or equal to 1/5 of your skill, [b]Keith[/b] got back an extra HP, for a total of 2 so far. You may now roll Medicine to try to extract the bullet and fully treat his wound. If you succeed, roll another 1d3 to see how many additional HP he recovers. Anyone else may try Medicine, but with only a 5% base skill you'd be as likely to hurt as to help. Treating the wound will take multiple turns.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen tunes out the world as he attempts to remove the bullet from Keith's head. He manages to succeed. He than keys his radio. Lt. Evans, give him a radio and let me talk to him. Try to get him to give up the rifle. If he won't take the radio and won't give up the rifle try to take him down, but don't kill him. He runs a hand through his sweat soaked hair.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Let the man keep the rifle, for fuck sake!" Frank says. "We've got enough to deal with here already. More will be coming, you can bet you ass on that. We need to move Keith and back this Stryker up to the door to block them. Hell we may even be able to get someone in the 30mm turret, seal up the doors and really provide some support for ourselves. We need to move, though, and stop fighting amonst ourselves."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-WHY DID WE CAME HERE? COLIN WAS RIGHT, WE SHOULD HAVE LET THE ZOMBIES EAT THOSE STUPID MILITARIES UNSTEAD OF TRYING TO HELP THEM! They didn't believe the dead we coming and now they are shooting everything and everyone!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
"Understood, sir," replied Sara over the radio. "Does anyone have a portable radio they can lend to Mr. Lewis?" she asks the others. "The captain wants to speak to him."

"Yeah, I've got one," said David. "They gave it to me back at the motel so we could stay in touch with the Air Force people there." He walked carefully over to Colin and offered him the radio. "Here you go."

"Mr. Lewis, please surrender the weapon. It is not your rifle. It belongs to one of our men, and he's going to need it back. If you give it up now, you will not be punished or harmed."

On the fire escape-
Amanda led the way down the ladder to ground level while Robert and Beth waited their turn on the landing.

Outside the clinic-
"I'm so sorry," said Barbara, her eyes filling up with tears. She was unable to wipe them while inside her orange suit. "It was my fault. I should have been more careful. I didn't mean to hurt anyone." She managed to assist Captain Johansen in treating Keith's head wound and extracting the bullet.

"I'll go get a gurney and medical supplies," said Lt. Gomez, rushing back inside.

On the south side of the clinic, Gary Simpson waited for Amanda to reach the ground before moving to the ladder.
OOC,It will take a total of 5 turns for both of you to finish treating [b]Keith[/b]. Until then, he should not be moved. This amount of time includes the turn that just ended and the current turn. If [b]Amanda[/b] succeeds at her Medicine roll after she arrives, that will shave some time off. You may speak on the radio while working, since it is hands-free.
In the intake area-
Lt. Gomez ran back inside. "We have a civilian with a bullet wound to the head," he told Catherine. "We need a gurney and a cart of emergency supplies, stat!"

"I'm on it!" she said, gathering what he requested.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Colin said, "Harmed or punished in what way you REMF?"

Return to “Chapter 5 - Dead of Night”